IBM Watson Discovery

IBM Watson Discovery

IBM's Watson Discovery Service is a suite of APIs that aims to make it easier for companies to ingest and analyze their data.

Work for IBM Watson Discovery?

Learning about IBM Watson Discovery?

IBM Watson Discovery Reviews

Ask IBM Watson Discovery a Question
Showing 39 IBM Watson Discovery reviews
IBM Watson Discovery review by Tracy D.
Tracy D.

"IBM Watson Discovery - providing students with 21st Century Skills"

What do you like best?

At Mohawk College we use IBM Watson Discovery for College Students in a number of programs. Students get hands on experience using relevant tools for all industry. We see students then applying those skills in co-ops and placements leading to new careers. STudents from technical to non-technical can use IBM Watson Disccovery in a meaningful way in a short time.

What do you dislike?

Easier ways to access for academic institutions would be great.

We are enabling students to learn hands on skills relevant for the workplace

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about IBM Watson Discovery
IBM Watson Discovery review by Harald M.
Harald M.

"Speed is king"

What do you like best?

Easiness of usage. You go to Watson Studio, enable Watson Discovery Workspace, load your data and can realize fulltext searches.

What do you dislike?

Developer console a little bit feature overloaded. Usually to get fast results only a smart part of funcionality is required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go fast. Trial and error.

Customer had a database with approx. 100K standard procedures. During years the legacy system lacked an efficient search function to the database. Solutions consisted in enabling a Chatbot searching the database with Discovery Services. Frist working prototype was done in one week. So we solved in one week a problem which was years without solution.

What Insight Engines solution do you use?

IBM Watson Discovery review by Administrator

"Getting started was simple, but we now need to devote resources to making it work harder."

What do you like best?

It has given us a wow factor with our customers, and a base on which to build better services, ourselves and through our partnership with IBM. We are very happy with the solution. The results were great and the ease of use allowed us to get into market far earlier than we would have otherwise. There were a few downsides however, the biggest issue we faced is that there is no queue on the ingress API, so you can overload it easily and not necessarily know. The other issue is that there was no duplicate detection

What do you dislike?

No queue on the ingress API and no duplicate detection

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better queuing user interface for the ingress API.

Spend more time planning the initial free text data input structure. Getting this schema correct the first time would have saved us a lot of time.

IBM Watson Discovery review by Michael G.
Michael G.

"Great API, poor documentation."

What do you like best?

IBM Watson discovery works incredibly well for what it says it will do - discovering. In an example AI application I made, Watson was able to give many different recommendations for recipes based on the food I gave it, and find related foods I might enjoy.

What do you dislike?

The documentation needs work. On more than one occasion, I encountered official documentation which was later deduced to be outdated or incorrect. This should not be happening, ever.

General artificial intelligence and learning problems. Discovery is one of the best, if not, in the area when utilized to deduce new things given inputs.

IBM Watson Discovery review by Sebastian d.
Sebastian d.

"Excelent AI platform to any kind of business matters"

What do you like best?

Excelent experience for starters with AI concepts, because Watson´s toolset is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I can´t find any kind of weaks to this platform, but maybe it need a better user comunity actions to explain more advanced concepts of use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trying is the best way to feel the experience, the IBM Watson cloud platform is ready for that.

I´m very interested in chatbot development using conversation features, but I also used discovery features to develop knowledge from text understanding, in order to mokup a demo for insurance policy explanations.

IBM Watson Discovery review by G2 User
G2 User

"The best sentiment analysis tool I could find"

What do you like best?

I tried some sentiment analysis services out (five or so) there to integrate with via web services, and I have to say this is the best one I could find. The API worked with many languages (mine was spanish), it was very easy to use and the analysis was deep (main tags, sentiments, detection accuracy, and the tipical functionality you will find on top services). I used several text samples and I have to say this service offered the best results for hard ones, such as irony.

What do you dislike?

The IBM credits system for payment is overly complex compared with any other I have used. This is the only problem I did really find.

Analyzing unstructured customers feedback for priorizing the most relevant ones so support agents optimize their work and limited resources.

IBM Watson Discovery review by Edgar R.
Edgar R.

"Watson Discovery Review"

What do you like best?

We heavily use watson discovery on different solution to find insights on unestructurate information, mainly news. Is powerful and easy to use and integrate with third party applications. His integration with Watson Knowledge studio is so powerful to implement personalized criteria for explote information.

What do you dislike?

The service is not stable and often is down. It would be useful to have more documentation

-Analizing news information with personalized criteria for each client.

- To support oil and gas opperation with expert knowledge

IBM Watson Discovery review by Administrator

"Accellerate FAQ Bot Implementation"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to import documents with metadata and quickly be able to query my data in natural ways.

What do you dislike?

When using snippets, it can be complicated to keep documents updated and synchronized with our systems of record and still provide consistent answers.

We have been able to quickly stand up FAQ-style bots for demo, and we use discovery to answer long-tail questions in our transaction-heavy bot implementations.

IBM Watson Discovery review by Sarah N.
Sarah N.

"Good document converter! Plus it enables the user to generate reports from complex data sets."

What do you like best?

This software enables the conversion of documents from any data sets to simple application programming interface.

What do you dislike?

Due to complexities of some information, IBM Watson has the inability to understand some languages but could be improved with the recent migration to IBM Discovery.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good document converter to easily produce analysis based on simplified APIs but can consider other software that offers same services with more user friendly interface.

Easy conversion of PDF files used to present decks to our clients.

Consultant in Accounting

"IBM Watston Discovery Solves Real World Problems!"

What do you like best?

I like how accessible the user interface is for even not so tech savvy individuals. I enjoy the smart guidance features which allows me to go in the correct direction. I am really impressed how fast it sorts through data and presents it in an easy to read analytical setup.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about IBM Watson Discovery from a technical standpoint. However, I believe the price may be a little steep.

This varies project by project, however it allows for these projects to arrive at a solution with ease. It displays data in a way that no other program does which allows me to arrive at data supported conclusions.

IBM Watson Discovery review by Craig Z.
Craig Z.

"Board Member, Innovation Fellow and Entrepreneurship Faculty"

What do you like best?

Is the opportunity to unlock the potential to create and build something you dream of using the intelligence of IBM Watson Discovery.

What do you dislike?

Having to sleep. Unlike Watson, I need my rest at night.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump it.

Taking on Google & Bing Search, for a different result...An Experimental Billion Dollar Bot is Empowering

1 billion people to solve problems with IBM Watson https://lnkd.in/drD7d-K

IBM Watson Discovery review by Rajavelu K.
Rajavelu K.

"Watson Discovery to discover insights from documents"

What do you like best?

It is a very effective tool to discover patterrs, entity, sentiments from group of documents

What do you dislike?

not having enough training in you tube and also confusion about similar products such as watson explorer, one wex and discovery

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a good product

disocvery research documents

IBM Watson Discovery review by Atul F.
Atul F.

"Best Q&A for short tell questions"

What do you like best?

Product is easy to use and configure. fast

What do you dislike?

it still need a structured data. it would be good if it can provide the feature of web crawling

Trying to feed in web crowled content of a web site to build cognitive q&a

IBM Watson Discovery review by L. Sean G.
L. Sean G.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

The connectability of the software. It works hand-in-hand with our IBM interface.

What do you dislike?

The technical support chat times as well as support hold times seem to be rather long.

We were solving text analytics on both platforms (Alchemy API and Watson) until recently. Watson is the only one that’s usable now.

IBM Watson Discovery review by farhan h.
farhan h.

"somewhat good"

What do you like best?

it is easy to upload documents but difficult to change

What do you dislike?

I have problems when I try to upload same document. Or if I like to add a document with same ID

customer FAQs

IBM Watson Discovery review by Jasmine S.
Jasmine S.

"IBM"

What do you like best?

I liked that it was easy to use and everything was user friendly

What do you dislike?

Nothing I think the system always helped us organize our emails

No business issues it was the central email system for my team.

"30 days or less"

What do you like best?

We implemented the product to pull in a large library of documents that are used by our front line tellers. The document contained 100+ pages of proceedural information. We were able to stream line this process to allow our tellers to quickly find the information needed.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike so far. I am sure we will with future implementations

Teller Manual searching

IBM Watson Discovery review by G2 User
G2 User

"A resource and tool for design and implementation"

What do you like best?

I thought it was "retired" and so I am interested in the newer version. This is a key software program for someone in our field.

What do you dislike?

Our team like the retrieval capabilities and defining certain algorithms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to identity key sectors for the data you want to retrieve. Leverage this software for the best results for the end user.

Obtaining more intel about feature vectors and which algorithms to use within these values.

"Data Privacy Advisor"

What do you like best?

Through bring Thomson Reuters content together with Watson we are jointly helping customers understand global data privacy regulation and compliance

What do you dislike?

It took us a while collectively to build something of real value for our customers

Helping customers understand global data privacy regulation and compliance and through sales of this tool to create a new revenue stream

"New Innovation"

What do you like best?

Detail data analysis power and at the same time ability to get the insight from any type of raw data.

What do you dislike?

Sometime lack of analytics model which results the inefficient data output

I am currently working in a healthcare project where IBM Watson is predicting the chance of any particular diseases looking at the patient history data

IBM Watson Discovery review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Discovering Watson"

What do you like best?

As with all Watson products, the ability to gain a deeper undertsanding with our data was also realized with Discovery.

What do you dislike?

Nothing was a dislike, merely the desire to have a comprehensive look into Watson and its evolution.

Data indexing and connecting the dots between our data sets.

IBM Watson Discovery review by G2 User in Retail
G2 User in Retail

"good versatile product"

What do you like best?

Powerful analytics, for both new people as well as seasoned veterans in the analytical field.

What do you dislike?

There really is not a whole lot that I really have come to dislike or just plan not like about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i really do not have a strong opinion

Use for marketing and customer relationship management

IBM Watson Discovery review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Watson Discovery early adoptor"

What do you like best?

The annotation methods were easy to understand and use.

What do you dislike?

applying the results from Watson Discovery to a unstructured data crawl was difficult in the early days. Things might have changed since then

Yes we used discovery service to train our NLP chat bot.

IBM Watson Discovery review by Administrator

"WDS can enrich unstructured documents easily"

What do you like best?

Ability to ingest and get out of the box enrichments and the ability to annotate sections using smart document understanding feature

What do you dislike?

Chinese language support is only basic and is not full

Finding answers in documents. Ability to do analytics on unstructured data

Executive Sponsor

"Not an easy implementation"

What do you like best?

The way it curates the docuemnt to pull based on keywords

What do you dislike?

There is not an easy way to upload/update documents

THe UI changed recently with the beta release without any adjustment which caused lot fo heartache for us

Answering long tail questions

"Discovery for MSDB"

What do you like best?

I like that it only has to be trained once

What do you dislike?

That it is hard to improve the answers and the searching engine.

we trained the Discovery to answer about MSDB Windows 10 and Office documents.

Executive Sponsor

"Great product for beginners"

What do you like best?

It's very intuitive for beginners. It was my first interaction with an AI platform.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to say about disliking. So there is nothing to add to this field.

Get insights from old databases.

IBM Watson Discovery review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Watson Discovery"

What do you like best?

easy to get started, easy to play with Discovery News

What do you dislike?

cumbersome to get to a real application outside of searching News. Videos / help is too technical.

Learning how AI can bring help get insights from data.

IBM Watson Discovery review by Consultant in Banking
Consultant in Banking

"IBM watson discovery review"

What do you like best?

its a perfect platform to help the application be AI enabled.

What do you dislike?

all the features are good and user friendly

we are using it to our crowd sourcing.

IBM Watson Discovery review by Consultant

"Discovery w/ Taxes"

What do you like best?

The analysis is quick and easy to understand

What do you dislike?

Training and annotations are an issue since they take a long time.

tax analysis. quick to provide recommendations

IBM Watson Discovery review by User

"Easy to start"

What do you like best?

Very easy to start using the News analysis for sentiment and other meta data extraction

What do you dislike?

expensive. Also like to see have improve flexibility

Proicessing Financial News

IBM Watson Discovery review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Great product for Text and Unstructured content discovery"

What do you like best?

Easy to use continuosly evolving and great product for use

What do you dislike?

Proper documentation is required to keep up with the work and develoipement

Unstructed text Search

IBM Watson Discovery review by User in Computer Software

"integration"

What do you like best?

Integrating watson servicess and Ai, ML.

What do you dislike?

nothing because of its a very good technology to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is using for applications

IBM Watson Discovery review by User

"Salis Watson discovery review "

What do you like best?

It's ability to discover useful insights

What do you dislike?

Nothing for now, it's suits all my needs

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good product.

Building intelligent Chatbot

"GBM Watson Discovey"

What do you like best?

Data Integration capabilities with all industry solution

What do you dislike?

Nothing is to dislike with the product it is all good.

Data collection

Executive Sponsor

"Superior capability for search and customer search capability"

What do you like best?

Lightweight, user friendly and is highly customizable

What do you dislike?

which more domain cartridges were available

For an oil and gas r&d phase

IBM Watson Discovery review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"IBM Watson"

What do you like best?

It helps with big data analytics and learns as it goes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes doesn't produce correct output.

Big data

"Simplicity and Eff"

What do you like best?

Easy functionality, user friendly, support impressive

What do you dislike?

Limited scope depending on project, could be improved

Data visualization

"Relatively Average"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface. Relatively intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Not very useful for real-world problems.

Testing on some clients

Learn more about IBM Watson Discovery

IBM Watson Discovery Videos

Learning about IBM Watson Discovery?

* We monitor all IBM Watson Discovery reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.