FunctionFox Reviews & Product Details

FunctionFox Overview

What is FunctionFox?

FunctionFox offers Simple, Online Timesheets & Project Management Track time and expenses, keep to estimate, and easily manage your clients and projects. FunctionFox is the number one ranked time-tracking system in North America. Graphic design, advertising, communications, marketing, multimedia, public relations, and interactive firms all choose TimeFox as their web-based time and project management application. FunctionFox is currently used by more than 100,000 users in Canada, the US, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. For more information visit: http://www.functionfox.com

FunctionFox Details

FunctionFox streamlines your timesheet and project management process with all the right tools, allowing your creative team to spend less time on administration and Stay Creative!

We are here to help you find the right product... whether that's our product or someone in our industry that is better suited to what you are looking for. There are lots of great products out there and our goal is to help you find the one that is the best fit - based on what you're looking for. We'll be the first one to tell you that you should use someone else. So competition... no not really... just lots of friendly players in the market. Give us your wish list and we'll help you find the best fit.

FunctionFox

FunctionFox Reviews

Showing 45 FunctionFox reviews
Already have FunctionFox?
Diseñadora gráfica Multimedia
What do you like best?

The way I can organized my time and see how much time I spend working Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets stuck and I have reload the page Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it, you’ll organized your time better Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The time I spend working in my office, so I don’t work extra hours Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Research Assisstant
Open Discussions in FunctionFox
Art Director
What do you like best?

Multiple ways to do the same task is a great feature... it allows for different working styles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functions to review old jobs is challenging Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They're always willing to work with us Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advertising Manager
What do you like best?

FunctionFox enables you to set up various record and undertakings inside those records to help separate your time into assignments and things based on your very own preference. For an advertising office, this sort of hardware is basic. Capacity Fox offers a quite simple to utilize framework with a few highlights to help make your time following background simpler and progressively precise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We at last moved far from FunctionFox in light of the fact that it was not ready to incorporate into our charging programming. We likewise required an instrument that would be serve as an undertaking director. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We cherish the highlights of FunctionFox. The program has worked perfectly since we got it, and on the uncommon event we stalled out on a component, their staff was truly learned and accommodating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

FunctionFox is an incredible device for following time. It enables you to have a few clients following time under undertakings and assignments, so you can perceive how your group is utilizing their time. From an office angle, it enabled us to precisely represent our time with customers and reasonably value our administrations. It had reconciliation impediments and was not as adaptable as we required it to be, however for some, it is likely the correct device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Corina Ludwig of FunctionFox

Daniel - We Truly appreciate your feedback and testimonial. Thank you!

UA
What do you like best?

I love the “stop-watch” feature. I typically start my day reading and replying to emails and doing project research. I love that I can quickly add the projects I will be working on for the day and easily start the clock as I work and that project, then when I need to switch gears I can click on the next project and the clock stops on the previous project and begins counting on the next one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The feature I’m struggling with is the tasks feature. BUT it’s not a problem with the software, it’s just a feature we have not agreed on as a team how to best utilize. It’s possible to add many types of tasks and assign a value for each. However I would prefer to keep it simple with just a few general tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were having a hard time keeping track as a team the time we spent on a project securing the contract. Function Fox makes it easy to add a new job and we have created a task for initial meetings and discussions on scope of work and proposal creation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Strategist
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

This site is a great way to track billable hours for clients. It is also easy for managers to see when tasks have been completed and makes work flow easier overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The rounding function for time tracking does not work and does not have any user support to explain how to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

FF needs to make settings easier to use and to have better users support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time tracking to bill clients. Being able to set up task and mark them as complete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

It's very easy to use and flexible for monitoring hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The project management tool isn't very intuitive. We found it too confusing to implement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use FunctionFox to record time at my creative agency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It has a user-friendly interface and makes it easy to track time on various tasks for different clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it logs me out and I have reset my password in order to log back in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps us track as a company how much time we're spending on each project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advertisement Manager
Higher Education
What do you like best?

Straightforward, clean structure, simple to utilize.

I am a Design Director and we have utilized FunctionFox for well over 10 years. Each Monday morning we have a traffic meeting and I rapidly populate my timesheet for the week. It causes me remain sorted out to complete a great deal. The time following programming helps keep everybody in our shop inventive with a lot of billable hours. It is so natural to utilize, we monitor our time and costs so effectively. FunctionFox has truly enabled us to concentrate on the fun piece of our occupations – being inventive! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Truly, I can't consider much I don't care for about FunctionFox. It doesn't really do my work! ;- ) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I trust that this item is easy to utilize and is anything but difficult to show others how to utilize in light of the fact that they have online tutorials.Explore the majority of the usefulness. It could fill numerous jobs for your group. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Utilizing FunctionFox makes it simple to follow what our representatives are taking a shot at and makes it simple to charge. The advantages that I've understood is that I know what number of billable and non-billable hours the representatives are putting in seven days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

FunctionFox makes it so much easier to keep track of time spent on each individual project Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few hiccups when using function fox but a great deal of them can be chalked up to human error Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We never lose track of how much time we’re attributing to each client/task Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ms
What do you like best?

Easy to utilize, easy to use. Adaptability in picking reports to print/save/share. Versatility moreover in coming back to incorporate into hours day by day when you may have ignored them, or changing an earlier after. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None with the latest update. The interface changed with the latest update, anyway made it less complex to use and even more beautifully fulfilling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The customer backing is surprising. Speak with someone from their association and have them give you a demo to check whether this structure would work commendably for your necessities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time the load up from both the authoritative measurement similarly as agent I can legitimize the time I spend on an endeavor b/c I've recorded authentic time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

FunctionFox makes it so much easier to keep track of how much time you’ve spent on a project and gives you so many options to prioritize different tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There should be an option to make a task an ongoing task, such as a report that needs to be generated on a monthly basis Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’ve had problems with keeping track of what tasks I have on my plate and when I have to complete them and FunctionFox has really helped with that Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
Public Relations and Communications
What do you like best?

I like that you can go back and view the time you entered in the past. I like the timer function that you can click when you start a project and it keeps track of your time. I like how it will do the math for you when you view the week's worth of time in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There used to be a way to view the time my coworkers have put in -- now I believe that feature is only available to the administrator. I don't have any complaints about this time-keeping program. It is simple to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't know what our office is paying for FunctionFox, but if you can afford it, I highly recommend the system for keeping track of employee time, both for payroll and for billing clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our office uses this program to keep track of our time, which has two benefits. First, it helps with billing when we can quickly figure out how much time went into a project. Second, it helps with payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web and Design Manager
What do you like best?

The timer is easy to use and the blog makes it easy to communicate with co-workers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Creating a project and actions can be a bit time consuming. I think it would be helpful if FF had the ability to set some tasks as recurring instead having to manually enter in every-time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to accurately track projects and create invoices for those projects. This has taken out the guessing game and provides accurate time for each project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

I like that the interface is easy to navigate and is cleanly designed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are some areas that are not obvious to change such as altering the name of a project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe that this product is simple to use and is easy to teach others how to use because they have online tutorials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using FunctionFox makes it easy to track what our employees are working on and makes it easy to bill. The benefits that I've realized is that I know how many billable and non-billable hours the employees are putting in a week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I am a contractor so it makes submitting my time back to my agency very easily. Its very no frills and once you're in, requires little training. Literally - enter my time. Submit. Done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Software overall looks outdated. I think the company looks really cool but once you're in its just like a grey calendar. Also the timer function should be less easy to select. I feel like it sits on top of the regular time submit function and I always hit it by mistake. Without fail. SO you need to be careful not to do that or else it will begin counting your time and mess things up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think everyone uses time-sheet products differently but I love that I can go in at a month at a time and enter the days/times I worked or didn't. Makes life easy especially since my job is do be a consultant not a time tracker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My Agency uses it to track all of our (contractors) time. I sit and work and even have an email from a completely different company but I am hired by an Agency so it's easier to keep us honest about our time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AO
What do you like best?

Easy to use & I love the fact that my employees can access anywhere they are with internet connection. They also have an App for your phone so you can have your time updated on the go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would rather not have to pay a monthly fee per user & I would like the ability more easily create custom reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good customer service & very good user friendly software. My employees are able to figure out how to use with little or no training. It has helped our company be more organized and has given us the ability to better track projects and costs helping the bottom line. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have multiple offices locations and employees that are traveling a great deal. Our old system was very difficult to access when not in the office so our records are much more accurate & up to date. This makes billing clients so much easier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

Ability to start and stop times for various tasks within projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no longer a widget and you have to have a web browser open to use the timers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saves time compared to tracking time manually and adding it all up in the end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

The easy interface and click on and off timers make it easy to track exact hours on projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no more widget to quickly access timesheet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quickly access up-to-date hours accumulated on specific projects and tasks within projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AD
What do you like best?

Its a relatively easy app to use for creating clients, tasks and tracking time. This is my least favorite tasks of the day, and it takes some of that pain away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Trying to change and archived project, or an archived employees entry is difficult, and often results in a call. The support team however is really great. I would suggest allowing users to adjust wrong entries of archived employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use actions to their fullest potential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hours are how we make money. So effectively and accurately recording hours as we go is important. The app is extremely easy to use and for training new employees on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My manager can create a project with a creative brief and assign due dates to everyone on the team. I just log in and can see what tasks I need to manage on a given day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The time tracking functionality is a bit unintuitive. It is easy to forget to change the day, then I log time in the wrong date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Far above competition services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use a single website to forecast, create projects plans and organize clients. It saves time and is easy to teach to new employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Happiness Advocate
What do you like best?

I like that you can view everyone's schedule to see who's under/over booked all at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that we block our time as booked for PTO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy time time-entry and job trafficking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Production Manager
What do you like best?

This system gives me the power to set specific work hours for employees, and their color system lets me know when I'm close to scheduling all of their open hours for that day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's the smallest thing, but when an action spans more than one day, it shows up in the "upcoming actions" of the to-do list instead of "today's actions." All this means is our workers actually have to look at either the start dates of tasks or the calendar view, so it's not a real problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The customer support is amazing. Talk to someone from their company and have them give you a demo to see if this system would work well for your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to keep track of all aspects of all of our projects in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

This is great for jobs requiring client work, working remotely or keeping track of those who work from home. I use it for my agency work in which I have to work remotely. Also good for keeping notes for reach log-In hour Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Project managers have to create a project for their members to input hours. Otherwise they can only select what was already there Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of hours worked, on and off locations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

FunctionFox is simple and straightforward, allows high levels of customization for your company's needs, and delivers accurate reporting on time tracking trends. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While it's nice that FunctionFox has a mobile application, the interface is somewhat clunky and hard to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My company uses FunctionFox for its time tracking capabilities - this allows us to make sure our client accounts are being serviced adequately and to recognize trends in employee bandwidth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for FunctionFox?