Excel Gantt Chart Template Reviews & Product Details

What is Excel Gantt Chart Template?

A Gantt chart is a tool for project management developed originally by Henry Gantt in the early 1900s. It is a type of bar chart that shows the start and end times for each task in a project schedule. The tasks are usually categorized using a work breakdown structure with summary tasks for the main project deliverables and sub-tasks that break the project down into a detailed and manageable task hierarchy.

Excel Gantt Chart Template Profile Details

1-21 of 21 total Excel Gantt Chart Template reviews
UB
Most Recent Excel Gantt Chart Template Video Review
Profesor de Extra Académicas

"Excellent template to make Gantt Diagrams through Excel, in a simple way."

What do you like best?

The use of this Excel template provided by Vertex42 allows you to create Gantt diagrams or project schedules in a very simple way, not only because it is a tool as well known as Excel, but it is very easy to use. It only requires basic and intermediate knowledge with the Excel tool. It is fully compatible with Google Drive and its spreadsheet features. Since 2018, this Vertex42 template is free.

What do you dislike?

Disadvantages? For more complete or complicated activities of creation, monitoring and project management, you may need a more complete tool, such as Microsoft Project. It requires knowing, at least in basic matters, the use of the Excel tool or the Google Drive spreadsheet. It does not have much security in the data, unless the features provided by Excel are used.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is recommended to have knowledge about the Gantt Charts and the use of Excel, so that the projects are easier to build through this template.

Just knowing how to use a tool as popular and easy as Excel is already gain for the use of this template, through which Charts or Gantt Schedules can be generated in a very simple way.

Planificador Territorial II

"Love the experience of plan define and critic activities for people and environment"

What do you like best?

The template brings a simple solution when I design an environmental plan, so I can define each one of the activities, analyze the critic path of the execution time of the plan, through those activities depending on a previous execution. The Gantt chart gives me an time estimated of a project duration for my plan execution, is very important when I used to work with different scenarios and specialties on the technical and environmental aspects of the projects, and needs to work together.

What do you dislike?

I really only used the Gantt chart for the time estimation, because is a very important estimation, but Is only a data request, then I need to estimate the cost of each activity planned on the Gantt chart, and needs to be done on a different document. Therefore, for planning issues is better is I have all in only one document, and just called for the time estimation and the cost estimation charts, both associated in the project duration time. This improvement would be an invaluable tool for all of us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Gantt chart templates are a great tool in the planning services because gives us a simplified tool to show to our customers the time of implementation the environmental services designed and also I could show the time of nature recovery once the implementation are initiated. All these tools bring the customers not only the image for final expectations but also the time we need to do so. So I recommend to used this template and give a chance, is very simple and intuitive.

I create certain activities in a Gantt Chart to estimate environmental impact projects in the project, Centro Comercial Caraballeda, Estado Vargas, with lots of activities and critic path for the works. And creating the time estimated for the modifications of the environment projects, allowing create specifics works related to protect the environment, at Juegos Deportivos de la Juventud 2021, Estado Miranda. I think about an easy tool to give my customers a time related activities duration for the completion of a environmental project.

Projects Engineer
Civil Engineering

"Great template with all the steps to succeed"

What do you like best?

The template has all the items a gantt chart needs in a matter of time required for a task and relations between tasks, this are the most important information needed on the construction world when you have little time to spend on the computer and a lot is going on at the field. Is very simple to use and very intuitive, also is very easy to program, that gives the template a plus.

What do you dislike?

It could be a improvement to insert some lines for the costs for any activities, sort of relation about the office daily cost and the improve for better performance, that might be called balance, this could be consider a great tool for any contractor anywhere. Sometimes Gantt Chart templates are not compatible with the printers we use in the office, so we usually try more bigger formats, but I would like to ask about a better way to present this templates for example in a presentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think the use of this templates allow us to deliver a better work to our customers, they are ready to give us a chance if they have all the information to make the choice, this templates are one of them, so try it without overthinking about it.

The business problems that I solve are the timeline for all the proposals that I send from my company, all my customers want to know when the projects are going to end, and how many people are going to be involve in the project. The Gantt Chart gives us a sense of security about of how we do the job, and the knowledge of the construction art.

Student

"Incredible Quality Of Excel Template"

What do you like best?

Offers Excel, Google Sheets, Open Office formats. It is a simple to use template that produces good quality gantt charts, including costs with little training required. The template I purposed has great features. I had a small issue and the support staff responded very quickly and fixed the issue immediately. I would highly recommend the product and supporting service.

What do you dislike?

It has quite a bit of a learning curve before you can use the chart to its full potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simply a very good experience: the product is great, the people working on it even better. This excel addition makes planning and sharing our projects a simple process

We were looking for an easy to template we could handle project projections and budgeting. This site has great amount of charts that were well made and truly delivered.

"Excel Gnatt Chart - A perfect project tracking tool"

What do you like best?

It is a very effective project tracking tool. Also, they've a very good customer services. Besides, it is very easy to use. A little exploration for a while will help you understand it quite well. Plus they also have good tutorials on the Gantt chart.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes look very complex and hard to understand. And the fact that the entire sheet doesn't fit in one page makes it hard to use, especially when you've have to keep using the sliders every time you want to access the rest half of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a perfect for low to medium project. Doesn't have any monthly charges which makes it less expensive compared to the others. Multiple features makes it an attractive tool to use. The company also customized the template according to the way we needed it. So, this is another reason as to why you should be using it. Also, the tool makes it very easy to share XLSM.

We're mainly using it for scheduling our projects and setting the milestones. With Excel Gantt chart, we're able to carry out the work more effectively in a timely manner. It makes the work go smooth and systematic.

UF

"Convient Templates"

What do you like best?

I like that all the formulas are built into the excel template. Also the templates are available in different industries. Most recently I have used the amortization schedule. These tools are easy to read, and help answer difficult questions without spending hours researching the topic.

What do you dislike?

The templates can be very difficult to customize. In one case I wanted to add my companies logo to the spreadsheet. The template made this very difficult. I would focus on making this more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this tool to save time, and maximize your offering!

I have saved time, and energy using these templates. My time can then be used doing something else. I have been able to use this to increase my reputation at work, and use these templates to answer difficult questions I have personally. Recently I used the templates to make a budgeting spreadsheet. I used this spreadsheet to determine how much we were spending on a wedding, and how much we could afford on a future home.

"Simpleton's Gantt Chart"

What do you like best?

How easy it is for anybody to set up this tool in excel. It's probably one of the simplest tools out there (used the free version). It is limited on what it is capable of, but for most projects it should be able to do what's needed for a standard gantt chart. There's a few demos or examples you can download on the website as well, so it's even easier to get started using this. The examples can clearly lay out everything you'll need for a gantt chart.

What do you dislike?

It's for excel, I would prefer it to be a separate kind of program, but most companies use excel for planning or data in general, so it is a fair program of choice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a simple tool to use for excel and dont have the time to whip up your own solution or macro to make a gantt chart, this is definitely the tool for you. There's quite a few other tools out there for use and each have their own quirks, but this proves to be a lightweight tool on its own.

Simple business planning and engineering planning. Instead of using a physical chart or manual updating, making a gantt chart that can easily be modified eases a few burdens.

Assistant Team Leader - Lead Generation
Market Research

"Excel Chart Expert."

What do you like best?

It is a very productive project forecasting tool. Besides this it is limited to whats it capable of, but we are to do most of the projects on a Excel Gantt chart. It also have color coding automatically.

What do you dislike?

At times it look very complex and hard to understand. Until you are use to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would really recommend the product and supporting services to all people out there

IT help in all the projects

It helps us to track the project time line

And the options or i can say the features makes it an interesting tool to use it.

Market Research

"Not that simple but effective"

What do you like best?

Color coding done automatically, excluding holidays (non working days) , there is no expiry of the template , price is also cheap only $40 dollars i paid

What do you dislike?

there are no macros in this version, you could add macros get the task done faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is really for an organization to keep a gantt chart handy. Very impressed with details but user should know the basics of excel/vba

Helping the project lead to create a gantt chart, making the necessary changes as when required and also saves loads of time and money eventually

"The best software to use when a Gantt chart is required"

What do you like best?

I like the best the fact that I can easily compare my first Gantt chart so the initial one at the beginning of my projects with the final Gantt chart. In this way I am able to see and analyse where did I missed my timeline and not respecting my daily tasks. Also, which steps were the most challenging ones.

What do you dislike?

Every time I used this software, everything was fine so I do not really have any disappointments in using this software. Maybe it would help out to have more extensions types when saving the file like an Excel, but overall is great.

Project planning and timeline tracking. The benefits are realised in getting the products launched faster therefore increasing the sales therefore increasing the company's budgets.

Career Center Advisor (Graduate Asstant)

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Just need to change to your own information with great layout, easy to use and it shows critical path, the bar show different color if change the task status which is easy to view and understand

What do you dislike?

A lot of copy and paste to make sure you get the format

standardize layout and easy to use

Personal Care Attendant
Hospital & Health Care

"Excel makes Gant charts easy!"

What do you like best?

Using Excel fir Gant charts takes all the guesswork out of creating them. Just plug in the info, set the parameters, and let her rip!

What do you dislike?

RIP!, I think this is an absolutely perfect software.

All my Gant charts come out perfectly and in half the time. Its improved my time management skills greatly.

UP

"Essential for campaigns"

What do you like best?

Ganntt chart is so helpful in scheduling campaign and strategic plan execution. It’s great software to use and makes implementation process so much easier

What do you dislike?

I can’t think of anything i dislike about it- easy to use , straightforward

It helps with organizing strategic planning execution and overlapping projects x deadlines

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

The Gannt chart template has been wonderful! It helps us stay organized with production.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, it’s easy to use, easily accessible, and it looks good.

Cross user platform helps with communication, helps with organization

IA

"Great project tool"

What do you like best?

very easy to use and get started, and is task driven method to deliver project to do's on time

What do you dislike?

Does not connect to any type of accounting software applications, so you have to duplicate some efforts like turning task into invoices

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do you need a product that connects to other software like a accounting software.

Keeping on schedule with project task.

Ability to measure project success.

CN

"Excel Gantt Chart Template Review"

What do you like best?

You only need basic excel skills to use the gantt chart template! It's free and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

It gave me the old excel 2003 download, but it was easy to convert.

By using this free excel gantt chart template, to break down tasks and define and outline program projects with measurables and objectives.

(10,001+ employees)

"Great Tool for Scoping our Large Projects"

What do you like best?

Makes it very easy to lay out all pieces of a project and schedule deadlines.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I dislike at the moment. Haven’t used it a ton, but everything has been great thus far.

Used to solve large projects that meet project management needs. Easy to scope things out.

"Easy to use Gantt Chart Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the drag and drop capability as well as import/export options.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any issues regarding this template. I found it intuitive.

I saved a lot of time using the template to manage our company's migration from one data platform to another.

"Great for scheduling tasks and see expected times of completion"

What do you like best?

Easy to use to schedule tasks and check for conflicts in Project MAnagement

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much to dislike about this. Can be more popular though

Project planning has effectively become easier. I used to have MS Project earlier

AM

"Saves me tons of work"

What do you like best?

What i like the best is the time saving that this program has had on my daily work.

What do you dislike?

At first it was hard to use and to understand how it could help me on my work.

Data visualization

UD
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Nothing it gannt do!"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and makes everything clear for tracking.

What do you dislike?

Can quickly become too complex and become overwhelming.

Project management for adding on more students with no extra time or space

Excel Gantt Chart Template User Ratings

9.2
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.4*
* Project Management Category
Do you work for Excel Gantt Chart Template?

Excel Gantt Chart Template Categories on G2