Depositphotos Reviews & Product Details

Depositphotos Overview

What is Depositphotos?

Depositphotos is a global marketplace for stock photographs, vector images and video.

Depositphotos Details

Depositphotos Inc.
2009
New York, NY
@Depositphotos

Answer a few questions to help the Depositphotos community
Have you used Depositphotos before?

Depositphotos Reviews

Showing 26 Depositphotos reviews
Already have Depositphotos?
What do you like best?

Depositphotos has a huge number of high quality images that are available at a reasonable price. I don't have to worry about copyright infringement when I use them and this gives me peace of mind as I create content for my business. I also like the search features where you can look at similar images, images with the same model, and images from the same artist. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes get lost in searching for just the right image. They have so many awesome choices. There have been one or two times when I've purchased something that I later decided I didn't want to use and had to go back and find something else. That's not a fault of Depositphotos. It's more about me being confused about what I want. With all the choices, it's sometimes hard to decide.

If there's one thing that would make the service better, it would be to have an exchange option for those times when I decide that I need to try a different image. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't waste time and energy searching for free photos that could get you into copyright headaches. Deposit Photos has an amazing variety of high quality images that you can use for you creative work. They come in a variety of formats that would be suitable for any project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I always need images for social media marketing and blog posts and don't want to worry about copyright infringement. Deposit photos takes the worry and stress out of the search. Once I buy the image it's mine to use as I want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Operations Manager
What do you like best?

They have a huge selection and the filters really help our team to narrow down our search. Plus, I can find both photos and illustrations so it fills our needs for a huge variety of projects. I also love that you can go back into any photo you've already downloaded and re-download it for free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the search function doesn't turn up the greatest results (AKA cheesy stock images lol), but if you dig just a little you find a lot of great photos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've been able to really narrow down image selection for all sorts of projects, which helps us give ourselves and our clients the exact feel we're looking for. Ads and video production, along with content creation, has really jumped to a higher level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Designer
What do you like best?

Wide selection of content media, easy to find and navigate, great offers when you sign up to their mailing list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is not much I don't like, but you do need to be a true bargain hunter like myself to reveal their deep deep discounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you just use one Stock Media library, you are stuck in the mud.

You must have a mix of sources.

If you don't use DepositPhotos as one of your libraries you need to get onboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

More than any other stock photography photo website, I am able to offer my clients high quality stock photos, at prices that are very affordable to me, and make me look like a hero. Unlike other websites, some of my subscriptions and plans are not limited by time, the photo credits are very generous considering that when I look for something, like say "peanut butter" there is a wide selection to choose from. Other libraries are either too expensive, or if they are affordable and I search for (as an example) "peanut butter" nothing is there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Karmic Coach
Professional Training & Coaching
What do you like best?

Wide variety of photos and videos. High quality and unique designs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes. It has a a great variety and meets my needs and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Need stock photos and don't want to use the same free ones that I see everywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gerente de productos
What do you like best?

It is a website that has been very useful since it has a great list and variety of photos of many categories or tastes where we can also obtain an image of very good resolution and quality, this platform offers us an endless number of photographs of different prices I usually choose the one with the lowest cost that suits my tastes. We can enter this platform from mobile devices to computers and it shows us a very clean and easy to navigate interface within the tool menu. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is necessary to add more features at least update the images or add that has reference to work or commercial work. You need to innovate and update your quality standards so that the images you offer are exclusive and not repetitive. I have been using this site for a while now and I love its functionality but you must update its functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using its functions, it has allowed me to obtain great results when it comes to any type of file image service for clients, I always think about using this tool since it offers me very good images and good quality at an affordable price. I definitely believe that the photography service could be improved and innovated by having a greater diversity of content for people in their images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This tool helps us achieve the ideal images or photography for advertising or marketing design. We can work independently with multiple clients and adapt this images to their business or work environment thus giving them a pleasant digital marketing for them and attract more customers for the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Jefe de departamento de sistemas
What do you like best?

Depositphotos It has been very convenient for me, not only does it have a wide variety of photos from many categories, it also offers a very good quality, I also like that these photos or images have a very low cost, it is a platform that you can access from Any device and its interface is friendly, this photo bank has a very easy registration process, it also has a perfect photo or image quality selection system for those who want to pay more for better image quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like them to expand the base of photos and images of the category of technology, and lifestyle, and family, it is true that they have a lot of photos and images but I would appreciate expanding more in the areas I mentioned before since my work depends of using images daily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend DepositPhotos for those users who wish to obtain fresh and high quality images for a good price, everything always depends on the budget you have, they have a wide variety of photos available in many categories. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently DepositPhotos is being used in the Systems work area to provide our web pages with new images every day, it provides us with photos of the technology category to give better visibility to the articles that are uploaded to the web daily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Department
What do you like best?

Depositphotos has a pretty good selection of high quality images for personal of business usage. The sort function is very easy to use and is pretty accurate with the results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that they had more images to choose from. What they do offer are of high quality, just some similar sites offer more of a variety. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should really check out this site next time you need some high quality stock photos. Lots to choose from and a great package deals! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Depositphotos is great for me for most of my projects. Their prices are some of the best out there and there support team is fantastic! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There are millions of images, and you can always find at least one, if not many that work with whatever you're creating. and sometimes there are good free photos of the week in their weekly emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I've had no issues with them. Sometimes there are too many images to search through, but that's a good thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've had no issues or problems. I can always find a photo or graphic that works for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Manager Ecommerce
What do you like best?

Depositphotos is a bank of images, very complete, you can find all kinds of images, of what you need, it is incredible the amount of images, that can be found in this place, of different sizes, resolutions, characteristics, art, science, design, with which, you can use which one of them, for many projects online, and one of its biggest advantages, is that many of these images are free of copyright, which allows you to use them, almost on anything, without have some risk later, as it happens with the images that you find in google that you know that at any momento,they can give you some problem, besides here you can save hundreds of images, and use them when you need it, since they are kept in a secure deposit and permanently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel that something is missing, not images, animated GIF type, which are quite difficult to find on the web, if you are paying for an image service, which in many parts is free, you expect more features than you normally see on the web, another thing is that, many of the images that I find here are already on the web, so I want something I can find elsewhere for free, the site is good and worthwhile, but many things can be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this website, for anyone who needs a lot of images, quality, for all types of online projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not only I can have thousands of images at my disposal for all kinds of projects, without paying more money, but also I have a large server, to store all kinds of images, which sometimes I do not want to have on my computer occupying space, Besides that they can be subject to losses for some reason, here I can be sure that I will always find these images, when I need them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PR Specialist
What do you like best?

Modern digital campaigns require tonnes of appealing imagery. It can be especially hard to maintain consistent branding and messaging on a shoestring budget. Luckily, Depositphotos have an abundance of imagery and have a variety of flexible pricing options for every taste and budget. It's advanced algorithms find relevant images or suggests other search queries that can better suit your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would appreciate more industry-specific content, particularly photos related to Spa centers and beauty industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest researching the diverse search options that Depositphotos provide. Mastering them will streamline your search for images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Depositphotos content for Social Media posts, landings, banners, and other digital media purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

DepositPhotos has a great selection of photos and graphics. The image quality and selection are inline with some of the stock image resources that have been around for much longer at a much lower price per image. What's even better is that they have a featured deal at least once a year on AppSumo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have no complaints and have been using DepositPhotos for years. A great selection at a great price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use stock images and free images aren't cutting it, DepositPhotos is a great choice at a great price. Even better, sign up for an account on AppSumo and buy the DepositPhoto deals usually featured at toward the end of the year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use DepositPhotos images and graphics in various projects when custom graphics or a photo shoot is not in the budget or the project timeline is tight. Even if we end up doing a photo shoot or creating custom graphics the imagery is great to convey an idea. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO & Founder
Banking
What do you like best?

Thousand of photos to choose from per category. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The related photos are limited and may find myself seeing same images as opposed to newer photos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get familiar with the archive functions of all the photos you purchase Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The need for images in my content Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The variety is pretty decent for being a more affordable stock photo brand. However, I've found equally as high-quality imagery from royalty-free sites like Pexels (although more limited selection) without the obviously recognizable stock look (lots of brands using the same images across their marketing). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the images can be redundant or corny or recognizably stock imagery (seen across the web on other brand's marketing), which is frustrating. I wish Depositphotos demanded more of what they include on the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would do a few searches for the kind of images you'll need and make sure there's enough variety for you before choosing Depositphotos. Be sure to compare pricing as close to apples-to-apples as you can get (are you charged per download, does the file size impact the cost to you, are there annual or monthly fees as well). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a stock photo solution, and Depositphotos fit the bill affordably. After a few years, we outgrew it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Asesor de ventas
What do you like best?

Many of us manage websites, platforms or blogs, cyber spaces that, in addition to text, usually need images to create more impact on those who come to them, in order to stay reading what we want to show, and Whether it's business or purely personal interest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This tool is one of the best because it stands out for its great catalog with excellent quality in photographs, but also by other options, which serve as a hook to attract potential customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Depositphotos is one of the best alternatives that exist for those who are needing photographs, images or quality vectors for their projects, whether private or commercial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With this excellent tool I can locate and save different types of images or photographs with the best quality helping me to create the publications that I use in social networks to make them more attractive and to attract the attention of anyone who visits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tech Blogger
What do you like best?

I like the free stock photos category-wise. You have so many varieties of photos to select from, as per your requirement and interest. Another important thing that I like about DepositPhotos is their collection of vectors that are so amazing and perfect for our design purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

According to me, they should have a separate category for clipart. It is because we all use it for illustrations, presentations purposes and this clipart are the best way to explain the complex concepts easily with just a clipart. The clipart is very small in size so you can select one without fearing of size and use it for presentations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would really suggest that use the trial version of it and check for yourself by going into details with all the options that they offer and what data they gather for you. Also, find are photos, vectors and videos that you see here are relevant to your industry. If you think that they are helping in your business then don't wait for another chance instead move with a big plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Earlier, it was very difficult for me to find vectors, photos, and videos but DepositPhotos solved this problem happily by offering unlimited photos and other resources. After using this software I saved a lot of hectic time in just searching for a perfect photo. Today, in a few hours I can create as many presentations as I want with these photos. Thank you DepositPhotos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

A pro of using Depositphotos would definitely be the level of quality that you are allowed to choose from. Although HD pictures are optimal, they are not always needed necessarily. For that, I like how Depositphotos gives you the option of selecting a lower quality picture (which still gets the job done) at a lower price. That way, I can save and spend a higher amount on a campaign that may require a picture of higher definition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think this is an inevitable outcome when it comes to any type of stock picture service, but sometimes I feel that the people in the pictures are unnatural or come out too often. There is definitely a limit on the types of people we are able to find through Depositphotos, but I feel that the photo service could improve by having a larger diversity of people on their images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Depositphotos allows us to schedule out daily social media content with pictures that fit the individual client's specific criteria. A benefit that comes from this is that we are able to work with clients from multiple industries but still find pictures that relate to each one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Full-Stack Developer
What do you like best?

I manage more than one website and I always need photographs to attract the attention of anyone who visits in order to stay reading what I want to express and this photo bank is the best to find it, I like how cheap are photos, the excellent quality and the large variety. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a few of photos can look cliche and I dislike a lot the policy on acquired media, if I do not download the photos I surely will need to re-purchase the media after 1 year Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a web designer and also I really like photography, because of that I like to use unique photos when I create websites but I don't have time to go out to take pictures and Depositphotos helped me with this issue Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Growth
What do you like best?

They have a wide collection of high quality photos, but the prices can be a bit too high. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I stopped using them after they charged me and refused to offer a refund. I remember having purchased a discounted offer they were promoting at the time, which was about getting "10 images for half price", no mention of a monthly subscription. I didn't even use the 10 downloads I had, only a few. And apparently if you don't use them you lose them after a while. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has some great photos so I recommend it for that, just keep in mind that it will auto-renew automatically unless you disable auto-renewals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed some high quality images to use in our blog posts, which we found on DepositPhotos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Sometimes it is hard to get your artwork or photos out to the public. I felt that depositphotos makes this easier, and allows hard work to be appreciated. It truly does link sellers and buyers together, which can be difficult in this field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the layout can be more appealing, although there is nothing wrong with the way it is setup. Overall, depositphotos is very efficient and gets the job done. Not many negatives to say. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely give it a shot. I feel that it can make a business in the field it is designed for! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized that softwares/apps are important in certain industries. When trying to share my personal insights and work, Depositphotos was very useful in connecting me with others ( who were actually interested in my work). It narrows down the market by a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gerente de sucursal
What do you like best?

I like how cheap are the photos as well as the category of free photos, the stock have a large variety of photos to choose from and it seems to me that can meet the need of each user and also the quality of the photos is very good Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to find a specific type of photo and I think the website should have a separate category for clipart Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a graphic designer and I like to use more images than words to share information, using this stock photos has allowed me to do it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

Considering how cheap the photos are, there's quite a large range to choose from and the quality is pretty decent. The interface is simple to use and you can choose any size for the same price. It's definitely good value for money, and has a range comparable to Adobe Stock and Shutterstock. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Often it can be a little hard to find images that are unique or have that independent look that stock sites like Unsplash and Stocksy pride themselves on. A lot of photos can look incredibly cringy or cliche, so it can be hard to sift through the chaf to find the best ones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely test them out. The price is so reasonable you'd be stupid not to just give them a go. The feature set (lightboxes, search by photographer etc) is very good and comparable to it's competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The price of photos are so cheap that we often don't now need to get client approval before purchasing. We can simply download and test out photos and get signoff after the fact. They've really freed up our design time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelancer
What do you like best?

The pricing is extremely competitive compared to most other stock media sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I did no like about Depositphotos is there policy on acquired media. Purchased media (photos, illustrations, and videos) are removed from your account after 1 year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Download media to your local computer as you might need to re-purchase if too much times goes by. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It provides stock media (photos, illustrations, and video) for creative projects at a cost effective price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Diseñador gráfico
Graphic Design
What do you like best?

la inmensa galería de fotos, vectores, muy completos con una variedad impresionante Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

que es pago todas sus imagen y vectores tiene un costo Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

conseguir imágenes exclusivas par publicidad de la empresa Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner, CEO
What do you like best?

I like that I can buy packages of photos 100 at a time and always that the pricing is simple. I almost always can find photos I am looking for that are on other stock photo sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the content is a little too european in dress, locations, architecture, I am in the US. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to have simple pricing and buying in bundles has allowed me to control costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There was a relatively side selection of photos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The payment interface was confusing. .. You had to buy credits before buying a photo. That seemed kind of gimmicky. Also, there are now free sites of high quality photos that the original photographers crowdsource together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed high quality stock photos for our website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.