Cimatron Reviews & Product Details

What is Cimatron?

Cimatron's CAD/CAM solutions address the entire tool making process from quoting to design, applying engineering changes and NC programming. Cimatron delivers major advantages for mold, die and manufacturing shops keeping you more competitive across your entire range of operations

Cimatron Profile Details

1-12 of 12 total Cimatron reviews

Cimatron Reviews

1-12 of 12 total Cimatron reviews
engineer

" designing in 2D and 3D"

What do you like best?

Perfect program for 2D and 3D modeling. Its use of tools is very advanced and quite peculiar and above all very easy to use, all its functions are perfectly designed, it is installed very easily and it is compatible with all types of operating system, due to its great complexity to use it gives us professional results in record time allowing thus having a better performance in all your projects

What do you dislike?

of this program I do not have to limit anything negative since it meets all the expectations and covers all the needs that I need to cover in my work performance

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is advisable to use all of its tools as they are easy to use, it allows us to manipulate all kinds of imported files or to design all kinds of pieces with ease, cimatron has integrated tools that allow us to separate the geometry of each piece we are designing

It helped me to speed up my performance in all the projects to be carried out, since with its tools so complete and easy to use it helps to have very good results and above all professionals

SALES ENGINEER

"Mouse Killer"

What do you like best?

You can draw, punch, mill.. you can do whatever you want. It is commonly using by companies. You can find many of guides on internet and special courses. You have many options to learn also program is getting better and better. They're developing themselves well.

What do you dislike?

Like in title, your mouse gonna be die soon. You can use this program with only mouse ( I mean with mouse combos!) If you have more button to click in your mouse, you can use this program better :) But you gonna be ill from your finger bones.

Program is not so easy to use. That tires people a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Program is good but not easy to use. You need to click every button in your mouse same time (sometimes). But you can do lots of thing in one program so you don't need more than one program to do what you want.

Making designs and draw 3D Models.

Technical

"3d modeling"

What do you like best?

Perfect program for 3D modeling in the industry. its use of tools is very advanced and quite peculiar, all its functions are perfectly designed, it is to install.

With cimatron 3D, you can save time with repetitive tasks, and many more features that will surprise you

What do you dislike?

In spite of the fact that Cimatron is a slightly unusual or little known program, it is a program that requires knowledge in the area of ​​3D modeling.

It's a little complex for people who start at Cimatron

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before using Cimatron 3D, it is necessary to have knowledge about this program, since it is a very complex software and it is not easy to use, you must have asespria, or look for the manual to take full advantage of its functionality

He helped me in the modeling of some projects. streamlining the process.

Sales Engineer

"Lovely partner for 3d Printer"

What do you like best?

3d Rendering. I have Prusa i3 model 3d Printer. I'm finding draws on internet and rendering in this program. Also it has capability to draw it but I prefer to print much detailed models and toys which I can't draw so I'm using Cimatron to do it.

What do you dislike?

I need to click so many times. There are so many mouse shortcuts and I prefer to click from menu bar as possible as I can. There isn't any problem except this. It's not a big deal anyway. You're getting used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have 3d printer it's a very good solution to work with Cimatron. Before I sold my printer I was using cimatron and if I have 3d printer back I'll use it again.

Rendering 3d parts for 3d printer.

UP

"Good product "

What do you like best?

It is the perfect program for 3D modeling. The use of tools is very advanced but it is manageable to use and all its functions are perfectly designed to help you with your 3D modeling. I like that Cimatron is not that expensive, and that you could buy it without hurting your budget if you wanted too. Cimatron makes doing 3D modeling a breeze.

What do you dislike?

First-time users may have difficulties adapting to Cimatron, so I think working on having a tutorial to help the first-time users would be great, because if you are not already using programs for making 3D models then Cimatron will be very hard on you. Cimatron is not a very known program, and it is a program that requires knowledge in the area of ​​3D modeling. So please as I stated, work on making a tutorial guide for the first-time users, because I know how hard it can be if you don't know what you really are doing when working with 3D modeling programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Okay, so before you use Cimatron, you should know that it is mainly for the area use of 3D modeling. So it is necessary to have knowledge about 3D modeling programs and how to work with Cimatron before you use this program. It is fairly inexpensive, and you can buy it without hurting your budget.

I am not really solving problems with Cimatron because I don't use it a whole lot, nor do I really need to use it, but it is a great program. The benefits for Cimatron are really great. You can do all things that you need to with CImatron that involve 3D modeling. The reason I do not really need it is because I am more of a blogger, and I love helping people find new programs, so I find and use new programs to me and tell peoplle about it in my blogs.

Kubra Ozgun

"Nice and Soft"

What do you like best?

You don't have another 3d drawing or modeling program if you decided to use Cimatron. So easy to use. Toolbar also great. You can see the most of the things commonly using. You can find so many guides online.

What do you dislike?

Drawing a part is a little bit complicating. There could be another menu on the left when we enter distance. About CAM Part. It's quite oldfashioned. Could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can use it. It's simple and so easy to learn. It's not expensive. You could buy, don't hesitate.

Heard it from our teacher at the University. Just try to see if we can replace with SolidWorks and SolidCAM

Mechanical Engineer

"Nice experience"

What do you like best?

All in one solution impressed me. Because I was using Solid programs to draw, model and process. But with this program I am doing everything in same screen. So many tutorials on internet and helped me a lot.

What do you dislike?

I was happy while I was using it. Nothing I could remember for example of bad experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will find everything in one program. Their interface also helps you to learn easily. There are so many tutorials online. You can try it.

Tried to find an alternate for Solid programs while I was intern.

CTO

"Great One"

What do you like best?

I love Cimatron. I am using it for 3d rendering. It has great performance. Does what I need.

What do you dislike?

UIwise it could be more appealing. First-time users may have some difficulties to adapt. Still not a big deal though. Anyone can use the product.

I use Cimatron for many problems including part and tool designing to axis machining, varying 3d printer works

UR
(10,001+ employees)

"Great company "

What do you like best?

I like the program. It’s easy to use. You can do a lot with it. I sold my printer and I’ve been using cimatron since. A lot of guidelines available too

What do you dislike?

I wish they would update it More often. If you’re new you might have problems at first but again there are guidelines available online

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need help, there are guidelines. Also customer service can help. It kinda hard to work with at first

Alternative for solid works

Engineer

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

Cimatron has decent performance, consider it as an eco version of SolidCAM

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike but software UI can improve.

I used Cimatron at Medek for medical device modelling. Detailing is good.

"This Service Gave Me A Great Quote!"

What do you like best?

Cimatron delivered to me major advantages for mold, die and manufacturing for my product!

What do you dislike?

Nothing as I just asked for a quote for my company!

I’m trying to make my 3D product better than my competitor!

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great CAM tool !"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly - It has an excellent GUI

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit difficult to learn at the start !

Designing of car parts

9.2
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.1*
* Computer-Aided Manufacturing Category
Do you work for Cimatron?