AWS Cost and Usage Report

3.7

The AWS Cost & Usage Report lists AWS usage for each service category used by an account and its IAM users in hourly or daily line items, as well as any tags that you have activated for cost allocation purposes. You can also customize the AWS Cost & Usage Report to aggregate your usage data to the daily or monthly level.

Work for AWS Cost and Usage Report?

Learning about AWS Cost and Usage Report?

AWS Cost and Usage Report Reviews

Showing 14 AWS Cost and Usage Report reviews
Michelle B.

"Makes Budgeting Easier"

What do you like best?

I like that you can break down the costs by the different services used. It makes it simpler for us to see where our expenses are going for all of our digital assets and make changes when necessary. Easy to export reports for use in budgeting meetings, and can template for each month.

What do you dislike?

New users can be overwhelmed. Very involved process to find exactly what services you are looking for. You can spend TOO much time just trying to get the information needed to create reports. However, once you figure it out, it's easy to replicate each month.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to read through tutorials

Budgeting for our digital department. Makes my job easier when making bidget decisions.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about AWS Cost and Usage Report

"Excellent Report, allows to anticipate costs "

What do you like best?

Simplicity combined with a lightweight interface is what I prefer about the AWS Cost and Usage Report. It allows to verify the associated costs, to anticipate costs and uses, to keep the expenses measured. The graphical form can be exchanged as required. Daily costs, per lapse, allow an in-depth analysis of the use of the AWS. Allows you to create reports on the use of instances, generate reports based on CSV.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to combine the uses and costs of different AWSs arranged in different regions is the only thing I think could be improved for especific users, not the master account only. This is called "consolidated billing".

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it, discover its advantages. Each administrator can have different needs, and this tool can be adapted to many of them.

As I mentioned earlier, the AWS Cost and Usage Report allows you to maintain and even reduce the costs of the AWS itself. The tool is used to keep us within budget.

What Cloud Cost Management solution do you use?

Zack B.

"AWS Cost and Usage Report Review"

What do you like best?

I really like that the finalized reports have the calculations for your blended and unblended costs, and cover all of your usage for the month. I use the updated reports after they have been finalized if AWS applies refunds, credits, or support fees to your usage for the month after finalizing your bill.

What do you dislike?

I dont like that the storage requires a fee regarding the S3 storage. I dont like fees

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I appreciate that the report is free but to utilize AWS's S3 Storage a fee applies.

We are operating more efficiently. I am using the reporting to understand our cost analysis. I like the benefit of the report being generated up to 3 times a day

Josue D.

"Great service for great price"

What do you like best?

The have an introductory price for the first year and this is great for startups and small businesses. Customer service is great and they have courses, classes and events in their coworking space in NY so you can learn more all the time

What do you dislike?

It’s a little pricy after the first year in comparison of other companies but still a great service

I needed a server that would grow with my mobile app and website. They offer great packages

I
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Traversing the unknown and rocking it."

What do you like best?

What I like best about the AWS Cost and Usage Report is the idea that I am using AWS. My clients are substantially more comfortable knowing that I am using an Amazon product. For small businesses and large business that I consult this tech works very well and is consistently reliable.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about the AWS Cost and Usage Report is that the interface could be more user friendly and colorful. That is honestly a personal preference. I do not dislike much about the program.

The business problems that we are solving with AWS Cost and Usage Report are vast and important. Many small businesses work on a bootstrap budget and have cash flow issues. Having it listed and automated is a very good way to help business grow. The benefits of assisting clients with understanding this program is they can feel empowered to make decisions that are best for their business.

CD
Consultant in Design

"Convenient "

What do you like best?

The AWS Cost & Usage Report is a single location for accessing comprehensive information about your AWS costs and usage.

The AWS Cost & Usage Report lists AWS usage for each service category used by an account and its IAM users in hourly or daily line items, as well as any tags that you have activated for cost allocation purposes which is very helpful when you're a busy person like myself. You can also customize the AWS Cost & Usage Report to aggregate your usage data to the daily or monthly level so the entire thing is tailored for you.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to say on the dislike, different S3 Consoles export support would be helpful, but not a mandatory.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Support for different S3 Consoles in the future, otherwise amazing product!

Saving Time,

In depth Analysis,

Sourcing AWS Costs

"Get a handle on AWS expenses"

What do you like best?

It breaks down expenses very well. The graphs and the data exports are pretty good.

What do you dislike?

It really helps for you to tag things. This gives you a lot of flexibility, but it takes effort and you need to come up with a plan. I recommend that you have a set of required tags and that you programmatically check that all of the resources have these tags.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you don't use it, you are wasting money.

We found and cut a lot of waste. We save hundreds of thousands a dollars a year because of this report

"Complex, but with full data view into your spending and usage"

What do you like best?

Ability to get that full view into everything we've done in AWS.

Ability to set up pretty specific reports into your usage for every AWS service, and use the API to monitor reporting and power other dashboards

What do you dislike?

Setting up reports can be pretty complex. You really need to spend time learning the documentation to understand how to set up reports, and what insights you can pull from the reporting

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you understand the AWS interface and read the documentation - it can be complex to set up

Able to get deep insights into our spending and usage

"Advantages of the AWS application"

What do you like best?

Your storage options, and databases, information reliability

What do you dislike?

it is difficult for us to know where the applications are running.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

is a powerful security tool to protect the privacy of customers and our business data

C

"wonderful problem!"

What do you like best?

Until recently, selecting business solutions was hard, risky, and inherently biased.,AWS Cost and Usage Report and unbiased user reviews help you objectively assess what is best for your business. Leverage the crowd, limit your risk, and get what works.

What do you dislike?

can't say that i disliked anything. very easy to use , an program is very user friendly!

organization at the least!

"Used while building a project "

What do you like best?

That it is easy to use and instructions are easily available. The user experience is really good and helps new users adapt easily

What do you dislike?

It Does not let you configure or customize too much. Too much customization is not supported.

We were using it to deploy live reports for our clients. It is very fast and easy to use.

AC
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Hard to read and understand"

What do you like best?

I like the graphs to help visualize spending

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it is hard to tell what category spending falls under - such as AWS credit eligible costs.

The report dashboard helped keep me in budget while designing web software for a client and also allowed me to track resource consumption of my Alexa skills

"Good"

What do you like best?

The layout. Easy to understand/follow and read

What do you dislike?

Takes some practice to get used to the program

We use it to track sales and successes. It helps us track our success as a whole group.

UB
User in Broadcast Media

"Benefits"

What do you like best?

It is a single location for accessing comprehensive information

What do you dislike?

Pricing and sometimes it does get slow product knowledge required

Directly ingest report into redshift and quicksight it is in CSV format

Learning about AWS Cost and Usage Report?

* We monitor all AWS Cost and Usage Report reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.