Autodesk DWG TrueView

AutoCAD DWG Format Viewer

Work for Autodesk DWG TrueView?

Learning about Autodesk DWG TrueView?

Autodesk DWG TrueView Reviews

Showing 15 Autodesk DWG TrueView reviews
Autodesk DWG TrueView review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"True enables me to collaborate with others who use different versions of autocad software."

What do you like best?

I like that I can take a CV3d v.2018 drawing and save it down to a 2013v drawing for a client that may not have CV3d or the 2018v.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more tools built into it and allowed for some design in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a shot as there is nothing to lose and at the moment there is nothing out there that I have seen that is better for converting drawings.

On the business side we can send and receive send/receive and collaborate with other companies (architects, engineers, construction companies, ect..) who we normally may not be able too due to the CV3d 2018 drawing format is only able to be open and read by CV3d 2018 programs and newer. Now, with Trueview, I can save the CV3d drawing down to whatever version of CAD that the client needs.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Autodesk DWG TrueView
Autodesk DWG TrueView review by Darwin Reynell N.
Darwin Reynell N.

"It is an excellent viewer for Autocad files. You do not need to have autocad installed."

What do you like best?

In the engineering sector, working with 2D and 3D design tools is part of the day.

For the construction, mechanical design and consulting companies who usually work with Autocad, it is not possible to have the program installed on all the machines that they would like. That is why the availability of free software, Autodesk DWG, provides the possibility to see the Autocad files on the computer you want once installed.

What do you dislike?

The objective for which it was conceived, it is fulfills perfectly. In that sense I have no criticism about it. What I might recommend: continuous improvement of the interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was useful in presenting the plans to my supervisor and the workshop team. It is free.

As a researcher in the area of completion and drilling of wells I had the opportunity to design a static disperser, an eductor and portacupon.

It was useful in presenting drawings to my supervisor and the workshop team.

What Other CAD solution do you use?

Autodesk DWG TrueView review by Pedro C.
Pedro C.

"Good program"

What do you like best?

Excellent option to provide customers who do not have the autocad the power to see, review and print, r if they wish, the plans of the works and projects that we developed for them, I also use it to check my tablet any plane in any moment and place, is an excellent support program very easy to use and quite practical.

What do you dislike?

I think the program should be optimized better, because when loading a dwg document of considerable size if your computer / tablet / pc is not very powerful the program runs slow and makes it heavy and tedious to move and navigate over it if you want to see something in detail with the zoom tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Software highly recommended for all those who require or need to see and review plans and do not own the autocad or any other CAD program that manages dwg files

As I said in the first paragraph, what I like is that it allows the client, especially in my area since very few manage the autocad, to be able to give them this tool so that they can appreciate and detail the plans of each one of the works they execute with US

Autodesk DWG TrueView review by Sanusi M.
Sanusi M.

"Great dwg viewer"

What do you like best?

Trueview is a great tool for viewing autocads files with nice display and excellent features. I really enjoy the batch plotting feature that allow multiple drawings to be plotted at once. Also, drawings can easily be converted into formats compatible with previous versions.

What do you dislike?

It is very nice but I feel it should allow minor modifications to your drawing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is absolutely nothing to regret with the use of Autodesk trueview

It is very nice but I feel it should allow minor modifications to your drawing.

Autodesk DWG TrueView review by Matt B.
Matt B.

"Perfect for what it does"

What do you like best?

It makes it super simple to view DWG files. It is essentially a pdf viewer for DWGs. You can't edit or anything, but it can be a lot faster than trying to view it in AutoCAD.

What do you dislike?

Obviously, it would be great to be able to make edits to the DWG, but that is what AutoCAD is for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand the abilities and limitations of the software before you choose to use it.

It is great for reviewing drawings before sending them to others or for production in a laser cutter, etc.

Autodesk DWG TrueView review by Administrator in Architecture & Planning
Administrator in Architecture & Planning

"Works well for viewing, could use better measurement tools"

What do you like best?

The software works well to open up cad files but it would be nice to have more tools for measurements while viewing the files. The software is free though and works well for a lot of things.

What do you dislike?

Seems pretty bulky and takes a while to open up. Also, you are unable to use common AutoCAD commands to do tasks available in the viewer (no command line).

Often we use TrueView to open and view files while not using a license of other software that can view / edit those same files. For instance we can print from the viewer.

Autodesk DWG TrueView review by User

"Nice Innovation by Autodesk"

What do you like best?

It is the best thing to view dwg files. Very comfortable to use and does not require you to install autocad

What do you dislike?

The software is good enough for its function. Nothing to dislike about it.

Many of my clients can easily view my designs

Autodesk DWG TrueView review by User

"Autodesk DWG TrueView review"

What do you like best?

I like that with this program I able to should associates my autocad dwg files with out having to have autocad loaded on my laptop.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that using this program, it sometimes make this my default for opening dwg files instead of autocad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Autodesk TrueView is a great product to have as it make sit easy to have customer review your dwg files without having to have autocad.

It help with shown our customer our machine layout with out having to use autocad.

Autodesk DWG TrueView review by Helen L.
Helen L.

"Why Autodesk TrueView?"

What do you like best?

Runs on latest Windows operating systems

What do you dislike?

Wish it had a larger memory capacity and ease of use. Needed to review the video tutorial with my co-workers several times in order to understand the design element.

Shareable designs

Autodesk DWG TrueView review by User in Research
User in Research

"AutoCad DWG Trueview Review"

What do you like best?

Easy view of dwg files without much difficulty

Visualizes designs excellently

Easy conversion of dwg files

What do you dislike?

Aside from its Inability to edit drawings, trueview is just too awesome

Recommendations to others considering the product

AutoCad is known for its reputation of delivering excellent design tools. Dwg trueview is not different as.

Users will ultimately enjoy it

Since the use of Autocad trueview, we have been able to view dwg files with utmost conviniency

"Great program"

What do you like best?

Easy and fast and you can download to view your dwg files.

What do you dislike?

It is just a viewer so you cannot edit, limited option but as I mentioned it is great for that purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, if you need to check drawing without editing, this is the right tool

If I need some information from drawing without editing

"Auto Desk"

What do you like best?

it is well organized, the search feature is very helpful, helpful for reading drawings.

What do you dislike?

it looks a little dated to me but gets the job done

I am able to read drawing and auto cad files, I would not be able to without it

"Saves time"

What do you like best?

This software converts dwg into pdf file

What do you dislike?

The autodesk autocad actually has this same functions... but it's a good one to who only wants to visualize a design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great software.

saved time when designing buildings

Autodesk DWG TrueView review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Works well"

What do you like best?

I can easily convert drawings of many formats

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if you could markup drawings but not change them

Converting dwg files from softwares I don't have to softwares I do have.

Autodesk DWG TrueView review by Administrator

"Awesome free viewer"

What do you like best?

It's free. It's a great way to view and markup.

What do you dislike?

It has limited functionality but you get what you pay for.

Viewing files in the field

Learning about Autodesk DWG TrueView?

* We monitor all Autodesk DWG TrueView reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.