ArcGIS Pro

ArcGIS Pro

ArcGIS Pro provides professional 2D and 3D mapping in an intuitive user interface with visualization, analytics, image processing, data management, and integration..

Work for ArcGIS Pro?

Learning about ArcGIS Pro?

ArcGIS Pro Reviews

Ask ArcGIS Pro a Question
Showing 129 ArcGIS Pro reviews
Gabrielle B.

"ArcGIS Pro Review"

What do you like best?

It is quite user friendly. Variety of functions and intuitive interface. Not ridiculously huge software that I can use on my laptop (intel i5 processor) without major lag times. Many different geoprocessing tools that will be useful in my research.

What do you dislike?

I learned to use GIS using a previous version so I am having to relearn where the function are in Pro. For use in developing countries I have preferred QGIS, as it is more accessible. I don't really like/understand the default map that pops up when you start a new project. ArcMap used to visually represent layers in the same projection even if they were in different projections which is problematic. I believe Arc Pro is the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Also learn QGis

Conducting network analysis to determine relative cost/distance to HIV treatment centers. GIS allows me to identify potential barriers to treatment access. The application of geospatial tools to solve healthcare problems is new and exciting.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ArcGIS Pro
Chance M.

"ArcGIS Pro for Beginners"

What do you like best?

ArcGIS pro allows user to dive deeper into GIS Data sets and make more complicated edits. It also allows user to move data from one database to another. When properly implemented this software is a very powerful tool working in both the 2D and 3D environments. Getting more of our employees comfortable with ArcGIS Pro has allowed for our data collection to improve tremendously. Task that would normally take a whole new web app and deep understanding of where the different data sets are stored and operated become much easier in Pro versus the online environment.

What do you dislike?

A huge setback for ArcGIS Pro in my agency has been the incompatibility with Mac computers. Most of our agency users them for their daily workstations. Mac has always been the better choice when working in graphic heavy environments. This software cost our agency. the extra expense of either a second computer for windows, or purchasing software ti run virtual machines on the one that is already existing. Unless the user already has a high performance computer, the virtual machine tends to bog down the process and make it less than ideal for the user to run arcGIS Pro. In the past, I have been told the reason for this is the Esri didn't feel the Mac operating system allow enough control over the graphics capabilities of the machine. Now apple has really opened up the throttle and even allowed for external graphics processing. This is ideal for most of our users who only occasionally need the rendering capabilities. ArcGIS pro really needs to expand into other operating systems to get a better buy-in and make it worth the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure you go to any training provided. The software can be very in depth and overwhelming to a beginning user.

ArcGIS pro allows our agency to take a deeper analytical look into the data being collected in the field via smartphones, tablets, and online resources.

What GIS solution do you use?

Trich M.

"ArcGIS Pro"

What do you like best?

The easy interface of the program. It is remarkably easy to train non GIS professionals to use this product. It is a fantastic program and my county departments are using GIS more via this progam than with ArcGIS for Desktop (ArcMap).

What do you dislike?

The odd hiccups where tools act odd and you have to close and reopen to have said tool function. One ib particular is the new layout. every now and again when you click new layout and pick the page size; the layout will not show a size or function correctly. That being said a simple close and reopen will fix that issue. it is just inconvinent.

Editing with a new Enterprise system. It was a concern on how to edit our data and keep our database secure but being able to edit through services has been amazing. Also the ability to pull in live atlas data as well as our portal data all together is amazing.

Jacob N.

"Clearly going places but falls short."

What do you like best?

Streamlined integration with AGOL. Aesthetic of the GUI. Imagery tools much more simplified and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Never know when something will encounter a failure on pro and will need to revert to ArcMAP to resolve. Often met with 99999 errors that give little room to explore solutions options and ESRI can be difficult to contact to resolve such issues when you have limited time to complete a project. Often simply switching back to ArcMap resolves the issue; however, we are phasing out those license and I worry for this transition.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take every tutuorial you can to understand how to get the best out of this software. It will not hold your hand and will not run as smoothly as your ArcMap did (at least yet).

Imagery analysis much more simplified and robust allows me to do the majority of my "run of the mill" imagery analysis within Arc rather than using a separate program such as ERDAS or PCI Focus.

Laura K.

"Great functionality, sometimes a little slow"

What do you like best?

I really love the 3D functionality of ArcGIS Pro and how you can integrate information from different sources very fast to get new insights of different topics.

What do you dislike?

ArcGIS Pro is a little slow, you always are required to wait very long is something needs to be rendered, even if the rendering has nothing to do with the menu.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are mainly interested in 3D and integration of 3D and web sources, ArcGIS Pro is a great way to go. The support and use of 2D maps got better during the last few updates, but is still not as comprehensive as it is in ArcMap.

I'm solving problems with the integration of building information from different sources and it is nice to have ArcGIS Pro as a hub to do so.

Khamille S.

"Essential tool for geographical analysis"

What do you like best?

I like ArcGIS Pro's clean UI and modern experience. Coming into the world of GIS was new for me and when I was working with ArcMap, it was useful but its UI seemed outdated with other software products that I use (Visual Studio and Photoshop)

What do you dislike?

Something that I dislike about ArcGIS Pro is that there aren't many 3rd party resources yet. I personally develop for ArcGIS Pro by using their ArcGIS Pro SDK. Developing for ArcMap was somewhat easier because of how long it has been present and the number of recources available online. However, Esri's support for ArcGIS Pro has been super helpful!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using ArcGIS Pro because of it's modern interface and new capabilities. It does take some getting used to, and I imagine difficulty adjusting from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro if you are a new user. It requires some practice but with time, you will get faster and more accustomed to the interface!

Business problems that I am solving with ArcGIS pro deal with school districts and their boundaries. There are political, financial, safety, and emotional factors that contribute to drawing attendance boundaries around schools. Benefits that I've realized from using ArcGIS pro are that the geoprocessing tools answer questions that would otherwise have taken hours to come to because of calculations.

Domantas D.

"How ArcGIS Pro helped me plan and anticipate"

What do you like best?

The ease of use; the intuitive UI and functions, the documentation available. The software itself is so easy to use even my Mom could do it.

What do you dislike?

I haven't worked a lot with ArcGIS Pro just yet so I don't really know. Nothing, maybe. My only concern is that my Organization did not inform me well about the products available, so I didn't really know about ArcGIS Pro when I just started.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it, because you have nothing to lose and everyone's already switching.

I'm solving problems around Urban Desing and Urban Planning, Human Emotions and so on. It allows me to visualize the data I need to see while planning and while predicting the things I have to improve.

"Massive upgrade to ArcMap!"

What do you like best?

I like the layout of ArcPro and as an instructor, I have found that students are able to pick up on the software a lot faster than when I taught with ArcMap because of its similarity to the ribbon system used by Microsoft. I also really like the ease of getting my work from ArcPro to ArcOnline, the seamless transition is great!

What do you dislike?

I often have to build networks and cannot do so in ArcPro.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it! If you are already an ArcMap and Microsoft user both the terminology and layout will be familiar, and you will likely enjoy the new features!

I mainly work on habitat distribution modelling and I have noticed an uptick in my speeds of analysis, especially with large, often nation (Canada) wide rasters. I am also really looking forward to testing out the new tool history to model builder function we were shown in the plenary, I can see that having huge benefits and easing my workflows. Perhaps my favourite feature of ArcPro are the advanced cartography options, I have found they are miles ahead of what was available in ArcMap and I have found that I am producing much nicer maps with way less effort since switching to ArcPro.

"Good product, still a few bugs"

What do you like best?

ArcGIS Pro is a superior product to ArcMap when it comes to map design. It is also easy for new users to learn how to use, though those of us who have used ArcMap for years took a little longer to adjust to the new framework. It's also more adaptable for tasks like making templates and similar maps but with different data.

What do you dislike?

It is very resource intensive and too slow in our virtual environment. So slow in fact that we cannot use it there. This is a shame because the GIS group at my workplace wants to adopt Pro because it is the future of ESRI desktop and we don't want to fall behind the industry. We also choose to edit in ArcMap over Pro because the former is much faster than the latter.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, but know the requirements before doing so. And have a back-up plan during implementation.

Problems - very resource intensive, too slow in virtual environment, still slow on physical desktop

Benefits - Better map design, easier to set up shared projects, more logical structure for how projects are organized, more modern-looking in general and easier to teach to new users than ArcMap.

"so many tabs!"

What do you like best?

What I really like about ArcGIS Pro is the ability to edit multiple datasets without have to stop and start edit sessions.

What do you dislike?

I have been using ArcGIS Pro for about a year and I still get a bit overwhelmed by the number of tabs, ribbons, and windows- especially when using a new tool or prcedure. I spend a bit of time hunting for what I want and scanning the top, bottom, and side of the prject for the tab I am looking for. I know eventually that this will become second nature. But still, when I want to do one quick edit, I use ArcMap.

I had to upgrade my computer in order to start using Pro. (I consider this more of a silver lining than a dark cloud! But it may be prohibitive to some users).

The workflows I am comfortable with are more efiiciently executed in Pro and very easily uploaded to our rest services.

Alana B.

"Excellent but needs full fuctionality"

What do you like best?

I love the user friendliness of Pro. As a GIS Professor it's much easier to explan Pro to my students than ArcMap. It feels much more intutive and the interface is much more user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The lack of full functionality years after being launched is disappointing. I still can't create a network in Pro. Having street data available is great but there are many non-street exercises I wish to do with my students that I can't because Pro can't create a network yet. Little things like this are frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! The small learning period is worth the benefits!

Teaching GIS to undergrads.

Mark T.

"ArcGIS Pro > ArcMap All Day Every Day"

What do you like best?

ArcGIS Pro is very intuitive to use, is more user-friendly, and, in my opinion, works much more efficiently than ArcMap. If you are stalling migrating to ArcGIS Pro, don't wait. You won't be disappointed.

What do you dislike?

One of the only things I've found to dislike about ArcGIS Pro is that you can't open it without either opening an existing project or creating a new one. I would like to see the ability to open it up and go without needing a project file if I just need to test some data or do something really quick.

I use ArcGIS Pro at work to map out the data and imagery collected from electric utility inspections. Pro has made working with imagery much easier and more efficient.

Amy R.

"less crashy, more flashy"

What do you like best?

The cartographic tools. It took persistence to make attractive maps in Desktop, and it's much easier in Pro. Many of the tools are also more consistent in the way they work, and SQL queries are streamlined

What do you dislike?

The pre-loaded basemap. I am sure for some organizations, it's helpful, but it's encouraging cluttered cartography and lazy projections to load up a basemap before there's any data in the map.

Students vastly prefer it once they get used to it. It crashes less often, and it's less frustrating for them to get the data and maps in and out of it

Tricia V.

"Pro is an awesome streamlined version of Arc GIS"

What do you like best?

ArcGIS Pro is great because you have all the tools from the classic ArcMap but it feels a lot more streamlined. I have specifically enjoyed the updated symbology options in pro.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about Pro. The only thing I have come across was that while working on a project in Pro, I found a tool I could not use because of permissions when I was able to use it previously in ArcMap.

Pro has made me able to make much maps look much better than I could make them look in ArcMap.

"Challenging from an ArcGIS Desktop User"

What do you like best?

The software works very well publishing directly to the web. More user friendly interface with more options to add data. I am learning this software via the excellent Esri training classes that I recommend with this product. I like the ability to manipulate attribute tables more easily without opening separate windows or ArcCatalog with this product

What do you dislike?

I learned ArcGIS Desktop and it is challenging to go back and relearn similar but different commands on ArcGIS Pro. Certain layout options are gone, and other common pointer options are challenging to navigate back and forth.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Esri Training

Helpful with location of recreational trails and creating user friendly maps

"Data Management Tech "

What do you like best?

The UI experience is much better than its predecessor ArcMap and at 64 bits, its much faster and powerful. I love how easy it is to get started, although there are somethings that will take some getting used to, the ability to bring an existing mxd into pro makes the world of difference.

What do you dislike?

Although Pro is much more powerful than arcmap, I feel there are somethings that I have to do in arcmap that cannot be done in pro effeciently (at least at the moment). That is begining to change with each update that esri releases though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I woud take tech training to get started using Pro especially if youre currently using ArcMap desktop.

I mainly do edits and udpates to utility data, so I dont do much problem solving with pro.

Stian H.

"The best needs to be the most stable"

What do you like best?

The vast amount of tools combined with Python allows you to do just about anything with geospatial data.

What do you dislike?

It crashes. Several times pr day. Each time I loose work since last save. Been like this for several releases now. Seems to happen a lot more ofthen when tracing along lines with high density of vertices.

I work as an advisor in AEC and help clients du just about anything from data collection, analysis and visualisation in 2D/3D. I mainly work with visalizing urban planning projects in 3D web scenes for clients and the public.

"ArcPro enhances GIS workflow"

What do you like best?

Making additional layouts from one map, ease of georeferencing, basemaps, symbology, Insights, Spatial Analyst extensions.

What do you dislike?

Making a new shapefile from scratch within ArcPro. I'm afraid I'll accidentally edit the "template" and I know what I want to create (so just let me do it). Sometimes I want to use the graphics to shape method I used in Arc 8-10x because it is quick and easy. I'd love to have that option to put graphics in the map again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jump in with both feet and try not to look back!

Gunnison Sage Grouse conservation and status assessments; examining details and potential impacts and conflicts of federal public lands plans and actions on local lands and local government plans and desires; examining the geospatial relationships of local government revenues, expenditures, and resource/program beneficiaries.

"Getting used to new things."

What do you like best?

The performance improvement. The Geoprocessing tools seem easier to find and search as well. The ribbon menu while I didn't like when Microsoft started going that route is at least consistent with other MS Windows and Office apps.

What do you dislike?

Finding things. Just adjusting to where things are origanized and getting used to it. I did not want to use Pro and did not until a project more or less forced me to. After that I almost always used pro except with it would have been more of a hassle to convert an old ArcDesktop map or recreate in Pro.

It's a bit strange since in my current position I only have access to pro 1 day every two weeks since the Public Works department I'm stationed at currently doesn't support it.

"Why I think Pro is so awesome"

What do you like best?

I love the User Interface. I think ESRI has done a great job at making the application way more simple. I am alos a big fan of the Map labelling features in Pro. I like that your loginis linked to an enterprise account if you work for a company, it helps me remember My pass word :-)

What do you dislike?

I strongly dislike the fact that there are missing features compared to desktop. I use hyperlinking a lot and the fact that I can't do that in Pro is awful. I also this like that the maps are such large files when exported it hard for plotters to cache them in memory. I wish there was a compression tool or something.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

hyperlinks

Everyday mapping issues, Lots of Joins and relates and Definition Queries. Lots of data management adn spatial anaalyst. Georeferencing old maps making them digitial. Verification of locations with Imagery. I use the tables feature a alot to add additional value to whats shown in the maps.

"It's Amazing"

What do you like best?

At first, Pro seems a little intimidating. However, I attended a few of the Esri MOOCs that utilized Pro and everything started to make sense. I like the fact that it's user friendly and that everything is customizeable. I also like the conversion tool so if someone I'm sending my layers to doesn't have an Esri account, I can convert it to something they do have access to (like Google Earth Pro) while I try to convince them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if you don't have a work flow to figure things out or a MOOC to teach you something...it can be hard to figure things out organically.

I use Pro to make disaster maps to determine potentially displaced sex offenders during a major disaster.

"A User Friendly Version of Desktop GIS"

What do you like best?

Ease of use with an incredinly short learning curve. All features are laid out in straightforward ribbions or are easily searchable. I also am a big fan of the accessabiliy of catalog in ArcPro.

What do you dislike?

I like that you can connect to ArcGIS Online which gives you lots of functionality, but the fact that a connection is required for certain things can be frustrating when I am trying to do small one off commands.

ArcPro makes it very easy to set up databases that allow myself and collegues to perform field data collection via ArcGIS Online. It is very useful to be able to import and edit web data both in the ArcPro platform and on the rest of the ESRI Suite.

Chuck P.

"Its been learning experience but now its more powerfull than arcmap."

What do you like best?

The connection to arcgis online and portal The ability to edit hosted layers.

What do you dislike?

The new ribbons and feel of the program. Starting to like it but it has taken a while

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Jump in. Get past the barrier thats its not ArcMap but the functionality is there.

It has speed up our process for creating field maps(collector) for field crews. The need for offline capabilities has exploded in my company and arcgis pro have helped us quite a bit for that.

Nick F.

"Start Using it Now!"

What do you like best?

Lots of customization. Lots of power! Really like what this product is going to be.

What do you dislike?

Still just finding where things are. Like anything else, it is new; so always a learning curve for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it. Bring in some ArcMap MXDs and import them; start from there and tweak it up. Starting from scratch is a little tougher.

Might finally get us to 3D because of the 2D/3D integration. So far just converting projects and doing simpler tasks to get going. Want to explore more with Tasks. We really think that will help some of our more traditional workflows.

Liam T.

"Future GIS"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy being able to make use of a dark theme, GPU processing and the ability to monitor work flows.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how how it will not export into .XLSX files.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although expensive and open source options are available no other GIS is as robust and consumer oriented than Arc.

Solving for built environments role on physical activity

Will F.

"I'm officialy on the Pro bandwagon"

What do you like best?

After some initial discovery and learning where certain tools/options/etc. were in Pro I've found the user experience and my workflows are much faster than in ArcMap.

What do you dislike?

I've had several issues with importing ASCII text or XLSX data and Pro changing the fields from their original source causing issues with joines and displaying XY data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it some time and know that it's NOT ArcMap

I use it on a daily basis for location intelligence for my company.

Nancy K.

"Get more out of spatial data"

What do you like best?

Esri provides a lot of training videos and troubleshooting materials to help with the steep learning curve with geospatial analysis.

What do you dislike?

Esri is not cheap and ArcGIS is more for people who have had formal training with the software. It is not as intuitive as some other simpler, free software that let's you use geospatial data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Esri is always improving their platform and providing additional resources to help you learn to navigate the software.

As a international development practitioner and a researcher in international relations, being able to experiment with geospatial data to link to policy implications has been extremely valuable.

Shawn B.

"Great product for what it has but still missing some key components"

What do you like best?

How fast it is when viewing data and editing

What do you dislike?

Its inability to deal with database management and its lack of printing and exporting capabilities like ArcMap

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to view or edit data, I would highly recommend using Pro. It is much faster than ArcMap

ArcGIS Pro is so fast. It has made editing a breeze. We have used it in our major address overhaul project we have to speed up our process editing the data.

Rosaly Z.

"Mapping Excel is a walk in the park"

What do you like best?

This is the way excell spreadsheets should be seen. ability to convert excell spreadsheets into mapping presentations is superb. I can have an amazing presentation in a couple of minutes.

What do you dislike?

Do not show that the error of not loading is due to empty fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The best way to make a presentation out of excell spreadsheets.

TPRC presentation. Making all utilities department sinvolved on having their 5 year improvement schedule on ESRI and collaborating together.

Kevin D.

"2.2 much better for database management"

What do you like best?

I like the tools in Arc Pro. The database management tools are alot better in the 2.2 release and makes it easier to do everything in one place. I also like being able to switch it into Dark Mode.

What do you dislike?

It takes a long time to open many of the geoprocessing tools that used to take a couple seconds in arcmap. In addition, I can't do replication in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Add more database management tools.

I use pro to make small data edits and to see things in multiple databases. Some stuff is faster.

Joel C.

"ArcGIS Pro Is a New Experience"

What do you like best?

ArcGIS Pro works seamlessly with ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS services. ArcGIS Pro is easy to use with the new cloud based GIS data storage methods.

What do you dislike?

ArcGIS Pro can be difficult to use for legacy ArcMap users that think about GIS data storage and use in classic ways. Some features available in ArcMap are not yet ported over to ArcGIS Pro.

ArcGIS Pro is used by our org to handle map making, especially with complicated multi-layout maps. ArcGIS Pro is also used for editing and visualizing data coming from our live map services.

Travis S.

"Pro is an exceptional experience"

What do you like best?

As a long-time user of ArcMap, I appreciated the new workflows and ease of user experience in ArcPro. More functionality for basic map making tasks, easier cartographic creation and exposed objects lists in layouts.

What do you dislike?

Pro is now a mature projects, the initial rollouts encouraged use of a product that seemed to lack features. In 2018 it now seems to have everything I use regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give the editing and workflow a chance. 2 hours of use and you will feel more comfortable with a better product.

Data creation, maintenance and map creation.

robert G.

"Arc pro works well, it is optomized for performance."

What do you like best?

Arc pro has decreased image anaylsis by roughly half.

What do you dislike?

Still lacks some features that we need and use on a daily basis like S57 viewer. We would also like to see a GPS function added in for navigation.

The tasks function is great for getting stadard users to process or manipulate data. We have been able to create tasks for different departments in our agency to improve day to day functions.

"ArcGIS Pro: There's so much potential"

What do you like best?

Symbology has so many cool features and being able to do one project with multiple maps is really beneficial.

What do you dislike?

It is SLOW! Even with more than the required specs, it constantly crashes and sometimes takes 4x as long to make a map as is should. It gets REALLY frustrating and I often go back to using ArcMap.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the transition slowly. Do not expect it to be able to do everything ArcMap is able to do. Some things are great in Pro, others are miserable.

It has helped streamline our map creation process for bulk updating maps for our online orders. Also the connection to Portal is awesome.

Carl G.

"ArcGIS Pro, not for managers, yet..."

What do you like best?

The utuilzation of 64-bit tech is great. Fast and reliable. The advances that have been made to allow the user to make great maps better is wonderful

What do you dislike?

As a GIS Manager/System Admin/DBA, I spend most of my time in ArcCatalog. It would be great to see a similar product developed on the Pro platform.

We make better looking maps and web maps. The speed and performance of analyses is amazing.

Gaston B.

"it been quite easy for me to produce maps in arcgis dpro and later import into ArcGIS online "

What do you like best?

The different template available in arcgis pro permit easy management of files and services

What do you dislike?

Still trying myself to master all the functionalities of the arcgis

Recommendations to others considering the product:

what are the specific functionalities in arcgis pro for disaster management

ArcGIS pro just makes things more easy for me migrating from desktop GIS to web mapping and production of web applications with my work that permit easy communication of the work i do

David J.

"Great for working with big data and scripting "

What do you like best?

ArcGIS is 63 bit in comparison to the 32 bit ArcMap program. This enables the software to better utilize machine resources which is critical when working with big data

What do you dislike?

Not all of the tools inside of ArcMap are also in ArcGIS Pro. This is due to the development teams being different. I also wish more tools could be parrallelizable

Branch network optimization and vehicle routing problems

"Review for ArcGIS Pro"

What do you like best?

The unity of the interface is a great improvement on the ArcMap one. In addition, I am also impressed with the unity of various details as it related to formatting of legends, which is very broken up on ArcMap.

What do you dislike?

There are some scaling issues when making a map. For example, you can grab a corner of a legend box, shrink it, but the elements of the legend stay the same size, and are now outside the borders of the legend..

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the way of the future, in more ways than one!

It is faster and easier to use. There are also fewer issues in terms of getting data to be usable for the generation of a map

Brian L.

"PRO is the future of GIS"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to create multiple layouts in the same project and for sharing web layers to AGOL.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not been disappointed, this is a nice way to do maps.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, i am pleased with the new features that keep coming and the ones that are planned.

City government utilities and data tracking. I have a good job with lots of potential to grow. The city is able to have geospatial data readily accesable

Ruchi B.

"ArcGIS Pro is user friendly and interactive"

What do you like best?

The application is user friendly, interactive and the best part if you can take it with you anywhere. all you have to do is sign in with your org account.

What do you dislike?

It does not have all the functionalities of ArcMap.

Editing large datasets, creating online maps, using geoprocessing tools to manipulate data. Data display is great on the map view. Ability to work offline.

Kris R.

"Pro is the future, love all the features, but not using it daily yet."

What do you like best?

I like how fast the geoprocesses complete in Pro.

What do you dislike?

I cannot say I dislike anything about Pro, yet, I don't use it in my daily workflow yet. Don't have time to learn it.

I have preformed geoprocessing on large datasets in Pro and it was much faster than in ArcMap. Joins are super quick on hundreds of thousands of records, I appreciate that.

Leigh S.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I like how it organizes by project. I can put together reports and all kinds of information and store it in one place

What do you dislike?

We have upgraded our computers, but if we try to do too much at once it hangs up

Recommendations to others considering the product:

get a robust computer!!!

i manage signal and streetlight assets. I can easily publish and pull data from our enterprise content

"ArcPro is fun"

What do you like best?

Once you realize everything is grouped as projects, the ability to keep everything related together is great. This can be done by location, or building, etc.

What do you dislike?

You really need training to just start using Pro. We have had so many years of using map that it seems like this is a quick transition even though it has been going on for years.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once you have learned the fundemental differences betwee it and map, pro does become easier to do everyday tasks.

I use pro to georeference cad drawings to bring in utility features into GIS

"Early Transition Was Tough But Worth the Effort"

What do you like best?

The speed of processing is much improved. The extent to which you can customize labels is pretty awesome. Interoperability with ArcGIS Online is great. Mnaging licenses is SOOOO much easier.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes finding the things I need is difficult. Istill haven't figured out how to drop a callout label on a feature and then move it around and place it where I want it.

LiDAR processing to hilshades and DEMs has been one of the better workflows for me in this new program. Much faster to create and process mosaics, rasters, and hillshades.

Carmen R.

"First Day User of ArcGIS Pro"

What do you like best?

The new bar on the screen. All the of the features it has to offer like the basemaps, and imagery. The label funtions. So much earlier to use.

What do you dislike?

ArcGIS Pro has been so much easier to use. I don't think there is anthing I don't like about it.

Creating bubble maps and making easier maps for my group. TImeline of getting my workflow faster and making my time more effective.

"Learn to walk before you run"

What do you like best?

Once I got the basics in the transition from ArcMap, I began to open arcmap less and less. Pro is easy, simple, runs faster, makes working on multiple things seamless as well as working with ArcOnline.

What do you dislike?

Not too much. I do open ArcMap for a few things I just feel is easier to do in that setting. ArcPro makes editing easy and simple but sometime live editing is tricky. Almost too fluid, which isn't a bad thing. Just something to adapt to.

Modeling and geoprocessing is faster I have found.

C

"ArcGIS Pro is great but needs some work"

What do you like best?

I love that ArcGIS Pro is even more connected to Business Analyst Online and my ArcGIS Online account. There are more ways to streamline work, as well as helpfull guides when using both new and familiar tools.

What do you dislike?

A lot of times when I am using ArcGIS Pro, it crashes on me when doing the same workflow. I have become accustommed to saving a lot in case of an unexpected crash.

Commericial Real Estate over saturation in markets. No other benefits from ArcMap at the moment other than clearer logos.

Agency

"It was very useful for mapping forest management areas and private planting sites"

What do you like best?

The ability to zoom in and capture forested areas to ensure that sustainable management activities could be implemented.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about this product.

Sometimes the area measured with the GPS device is less when converted into the map form. This is problematic for the contractors as they expect a certain amount of money when their work is completed and end up receiving less because of the adjusted area size. However, ArcGIS Pro produces precise imagery of sites which increases the efficiency of Forest Operations.

"Getting Better"

What do you like best?

I like how it is all integrated with the online items. As we move more and more to on-line data and apps it is nice that pro plays so nicely with it.

What do you dislike?

Coming from ArcMap environment it is hard sometimes to figure out how to do something that was so second nature in arcMap.

I have really started using the Tasks to help guide me and coworkers through editing process on some layers. It has been a life saver to streamline and semi automate these processes.

"Friendly for newbies!"

What do you like best?

Ease of access. The user interface is fairly intuitive. I like being able to easy organize user groups and products.

What do you dislike?

Using Pro I feel somewhat limited compared to what our desktop users are doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, often local government departments are given limited access due to training and cost concerns. However, we have learned that a little can go a long way with GIS and even limited license use coupled with the intuitive interface can lead to successful outcomes.

We are able to identify needs and create solultions using geospatial data and build a sharable databse.

Learning about ArcGIS Pro?

* We monitor all ArcGIS Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.