ArcGIS Pro

ArcGIS Pro

ArcGIS Pro provides professional 2D and 3D mapping in an intuitive user interface with visualization, analytics, image processing, data management, and integration..

Work for ArcGIS Pro?

Learning about ArcGIS Pro?

ArcGIS Pro Reviews

Ask ArcGIS Pro a Question
Showing 39 ArcGIS Pro reviews
ArcGIS Pro review by Gabrielle B.
Gabrielle B.

"ArcGIS Pro Review"

What do you like best?

It is quite user friendly. Variety of functions and intuitive interface. Not ridiculously huge software that I can use on my laptop (intel i5 processor) without major lag times. Many different geoprocessing tools that will be useful in my research.

What do you dislike?

I learned to use GIS using a previous version so I am having to relearn where the function are in Pro. For use in developing countries I have preferred QGIS, as it is more accessible. I don't really like/understand the default map that pops up when you start a new project. ArcMap used to visually represent layers in the same projection even if they were in different projections which is problematic. I believe Arc Pro is the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Also learn QGis

Conducting network analysis to determine relative cost/distance to HIV treatment centers. GIS allows me to identify potential barriers to treatment access. The application of geospatial tools to solve healthcare problems is new and exciting.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ArcGIS Pro
ArcGIS Pro review by Chance M.
Chance M.

"ArcGIS Pro for Beginners"

What do you like best?

ArcGIS pro allows user to dive deeper into GIS Data sets and make more complicated edits. It also allows user to move data from one database to another. When properly implemented this software is a very powerful tool working in both the 2D and 3D environments. Getting more of our employees comfortable with ArcGIS Pro has allowed for our data collection to improve tremendously. Task that would normally take a whole new web app and deep understanding of where the different data sets are stored and operated become much easier in Pro versus the online environment.

What do you dislike?

A huge setback for ArcGIS Pro in my agency has been the incompatibility with Mac computers. Most of our agency users them for their daily workstations. Mac has always been the better choice when working in graphic heavy environments. This software cost our agency. the extra expense of either a second computer for windows, or purchasing software ti run virtual machines on the one that is already existing. Unless the user already has a high performance computer, the virtual machine tends to bog down the process and make it less than ideal for the user to run arcGIS Pro. In the past, I have been told the reason for this is the Esri didn't feel the Mac operating system allow enough control over the graphics capabilities of the machine. Now apple has really opened up the throttle and even allowed for external graphics processing. This is ideal for most of our users who only occasionally need the rendering capabilities. ArcGIS pro really needs to expand into other operating systems to get a better buy-in and make it worth the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you go to any training provided. The software can be very in depth and overwhelming to a beginning user.

ArcGIS pro allows our agency to take a deeper analytical look into the data being collected in the field via smartphones, tablets, and online resources.

What GIS solution do you use?

ArcGIS Pro review by Khamille S.
Khamille S.

"Essential tool for geographical analysis"

What do you like best?

I like ArcGIS Pro's clean UI and modern experience. Coming into the world of GIS was new for me and when I was working with ArcMap, it was useful but its UI seemed outdated with other software products that I use (Visual Studio and Photoshop)

What do you dislike?

Something that I dislike about ArcGIS Pro is that there aren't many 3rd party resources yet. I personally develop for ArcGIS Pro by using their ArcGIS Pro SDK. Developing for ArcMap was somewhat easier because of how long it has been present and the number of recources available online. However, Esri's support for ArcGIS Pro has been super helpful!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using ArcGIS Pro because of it's modern interface and new capabilities. It does take some getting used to, and I imagine difficulty adjusting from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro if you are a new user. It requires some practice but with time, you will get faster and more accustomed to the interface!

Business problems that I am solving with ArcGIS pro deal with school districts and their boundaries. There are political, financial, safety, and emotional factors that contribute to drawing attendance boundaries around schools. Benefits that I've realized from using ArcGIS pro are that the geoprocessing tools answer questions that would otherwise have taken hours to come to because of calculations.

ArcGIS Pro review by Mark T.
Mark T.

"ArcGIS Pro > ArcMap All Day Every Day"

What do you like best?

ArcGIS Pro is very intuitive to use, is more user-friendly, and, in my opinion, works much more efficiently than ArcMap. If you are stalling migrating to ArcGIS Pro, don't wait. You won't be disappointed.

What do you dislike?

One of the only things I've found to dislike about ArcGIS Pro is that you can't open it without either opening an existing project or creating a new one. I would like to see the ability to open it up and go without needing a project file if I just need to test some data or do something really quick.

I use ArcGIS Pro at work to map out the data and imagery collected from electric utility inspections. Pro has made working with imagery much easier and more efficient.

ArcGIS Pro review by User

"Challenging from an ArcGIS Desktop User"

What do you like best?

The software works very well publishing directly to the web. More user friendly interface with more options to add data. I am learning this software via the excellent Esri training classes that I recommend with this product. I like the ability to manipulate attribute tables more easily without opening separate windows or ArcCatalog with this product

What do you dislike?

I learned ArcGIS Desktop and it is challenging to go back and relearn similar but different commands on ArcGIS Pro. Certain layout options are gone, and other common pointer options are challenging to navigate back and forth.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Esri Training

Helpful with location of recreational trails and creating user friendly maps

ArcGIS Pro review by User

"Why I think Pro is so awesome"

What do you like best?

I love the User Interface. I think ESRI has done a great job at making the application way more simple. I am alos a big fan of the Map labelling features in Pro. I like that your loginis linked to an enterprise account if you work for a company, it helps me remember My pass word :-)

What do you dislike?

I strongly dislike the fact that there are missing features compared to desktop. I use hyperlinking a lot and the fact that I can't do that in Pro is awful. I also this like that the maps are such large files when exported it hard for plotters to cache them in memory. I wish there was a compression tool or something.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

hyperlinks

Everyday mapping issues, Lots of Joins and relates and Definition Queries. Lots of data management adn spatial anaalyst. Georeferencing old maps making them digitial. Verification of locations with Imagery. I use the tables feature a alot to add additional value to whats shown in the maps.

ArcGIS Pro review by Nick F.
Nick F.

"Start Using it Now!"

What do you like best?

Lots of customization. Lots of power! Really like what this product is going to be.

What do you dislike?

Still just finding where things are. Like anything else, it is new; so always a learning curve for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. Bring in some ArcMap MXDs and import them; start from there and tweak it up. Starting from scratch is a little tougher.

Might finally get us to 3D because of the 2D/3D integration. So far just converting projects and doing simpler tasks to get going. Want to explore more with Tasks. We really think that will help some of our more traditional workflows.

ArcGIS Pro review by Liam T.
Liam T.

"Future GIS"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy being able to make use of a dark theme, GPU processing and the ability to monitor work flows.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how how it will not export into .XLSX files.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although expensive and open source options are available no other GIS is as robust and consumer oriented than Arc.

Solving for built environments role on physical activity

ArcGIS Pro review by Nancy K.
Nancy K.

"Get more out of spatial data"

What do you like best?

Esri provides a lot of training videos and troubleshooting materials to help with the steep learning curve with geospatial analysis.

What do you dislike?

Esri is not cheap and ArcGIS is more for people who have had formal training with the software. It is not as intuitive as some other simpler, free software that let's you use geospatial data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Esri is always improving their platform and providing additional resources to help you learn to navigate the software.

As a international development practitioner and a researcher in international relations, being able to experiment with geospatial data to link to policy implications has been extremely valuable.

ArcGIS Pro review by Kevin D.
Kevin D.

"2.2 much better for database management"

What do you like best?

I like the tools in Arc Pro. The database management tools are alot better in the 2.2 release and makes it easier to do everything in one place. I also like being able to switch it into Dark Mode.

What do you dislike?

It takes a long time to open many of the geoprocessing tools that used to take a couple seconds in arcmap. In addition, I can't do replication in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Add more database management tools.

I use pro to make small data edits and to see things in multiple databases. Some stuff is faster.

ArcGIS Pro review by Joel C.
Joel C.

"ArcGIS Pro Is a New Experience"

What do you like best?

ArcGIS Pro works seamlessly with ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS services. ArcGIS Pro is easy to use with the new cloud based GIS data storage methods.

What do you dislike?

ArcGIS Pro can be difficult to use for legacy ArcMap users that think about GIS data storage and use in classic ways. Some features available in ArcMap are not yet ported over to ArcGIS Pro.

ArcGIS Pro is used by our org to handle map making, especially with complicated multi-layout maps. ArcGIS Pro is also used for editing and visualizing data coming from our live map services.

ArcGIS Pro review by Travis S.
Travis S.

"Pro is an exceptional experience"

What do you like best?

As a long-time user of ArcMap, I appreciated the new workflows and ease of user experience in ArcPro. More functionality for basic map making tasks, easier cartographic creation and exposed objects lists in layouts.

What do you dislike?

Pro is now a mature projects, the initial rollouts encouraged use of a product that seemed to lack features. In 2018 it now seems to have everything I use regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give the editing and workflow a chance. 2 hours of use and you will feel more comfortable with a better product.

Data creation, maintenance and map creation.

"Review for ArcGIS Pro"

What do you like best?

The unity of the interface is a great improvement on the ArcMap one. In addition, I am also impressed with the unity of various details as it related to formatting of legends, which is very broken up on ArcMap.

What do you dislike?

There are some scaling issues when making a map. For example, you can grab a corner of a legend box, shrink it, but the elements of the legend stay the same size, and are now outside the borders of the legend..

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the way of the future, in more ways than one!

It is faster and easier to use. There are also fewer issues in terms of getting data to be usable for the generation of a map

ArcGIS Pro review by Brian L.
Brian L.

"PRO is the future of GIS"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to create multiple layouts in the same project and for sharing web layers to AGOL.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not been disappointed, this is a nice way to do maps.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, i am pleased with the new features that keep coming and the ones that are planned.

City government utilities and data tracking. I have a good job with lots of potential to grow. The city is able to have geospatial data readily accesable

ArcGIS Pro review by Carmen R.
Carmen R.

"First Day User of ArcGIS Pro"

What do you like best?

The new bar on the screen. All the of the features it has to offer like the basemaps, and imagery. The label funtions. So much earlier to use.

What do you dislike?

ArcGIS Pro has been so much easier to use. I don't think there is anthing I don't like about it.

Creating bubble maps and making easier maps for my group. TImeline of getting my workflow faster and making my time more effective.

"Friendly for newbies!"

What do you like best?

Ease of access. The user interface is fairly intuitive. I like being able to easy organize user groups and products.

What do you dislike?

Using Pro I feel somewhat limited compared to what our desktop users are doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, often local government departments are given limited access due to training and cost concerns. However, we have learned that a little can go a long way with GIS and even limited license use coupled with the intuitive interface can lead to successful outcomes.

We are able to identify needs and create solultions using geospatial data and build a sharable databse.

ArcGIS Pro review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Still in transition from ArcMap...not quite there"

What do you like best?

64bit platform - much faster than ArcMap and seems more stable

What do you dislike?

Not all features are supported yet...COGO polygons, for exampl. No Parcel Fabric... I would like to have the ability to run closure calcs for surveys received.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Some industries are embedded in ArcMap - if it is possible to switch...do it

easy to maintain a geospatial database for multiple entities.

ArcGIS Pro review by Rocky A.
Rocky A.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

Coming from a background in ArcGIS, ArcGIS Pro is more user friendly. I like the simplification of the geoprocessing tools and functionality.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I really dislike, other than a few missing tools from ArcGIS.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using ArcGIS Pro to anyone who has been using ArcGIS.

We use ArcGIS Pro to assist with Marijuana license processing.

ArcGIS Pro review by David B.
David B.

"I see a huge potential for our office using Arc Pro"

What do you like best?

That I haven't begun to scratch the surface of this product. I'm the only one from my office that is using it. I want to learn more it's a very involved application.

What do you dislike?

I don't know enough about Pro, just starting out only have a years experiance.

Mapping for crimes in our county and mapping projects that come up.

User in Government Administration

"ArcGIS Pro Is where you want to be but it's still lacking"

What do you like best?

Better cartography, color templates, 3D display and analysis. I really like the capability to have multiple layouts in one aprx. I like the capability to cut the data frame with different settings.

What do you dislike?

When I'm cutting the data frame in layout view I wish there was a way to utilize a touch screen function on your monitor to draw polygons or shape the boundaries of the data frame when using free form.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the tutorials available to familiarize yourself. Don't completely drop ArcMap.

I couldn't upload a layer to AGOL but I could with ArcMap 10.4.

ArcGIS Pro review by Marco T.
Marco T.

"Needs Work"

What do you like best?

I like the integration with AGOL. I like how you can have multiple tabs in one project.

What do you dislike?

I think it still has bugs what need to be fixed. I cannot eaisly get coordinates in different coordinate systems. I still use ArcMap for this function.

We use it to map our data.

"ArcGIS Pro"

What do you like best?

Nothing comes to mind. They attempted to make the UI prettier, but the dysfunction far outweighs any visual improvements.

What do you dislike?

Their attempt to improve the UI is a total fail. The adage "if it's not broke, don't fix it" perfectly applies. The old ArcGIS Desktop was so good. The new product is infuriating. Everyone who uses it feels like they're starting over again.

We are merely using this as a forced replacement from Arc as they're phasing-out the old product. The new UI is horrible.

ArcGIS Pro review by Wyatt P.
Wyatt P.

"Pro for two years now!"

What do you like best?

I really like the speed of pro compared ro arcmap. I also like the interface familarity from Microsoft programs.

What do you dislike?

The missing tools and workflows from older versions of map, i.e. Parcel Editor.

Making mapbooks with pro has been a great tool for us.

ArcGIS Pro review by Administrator

"Transition from ArcGIS Desktop (Classic) to Pro"

What do you like best?

Its a whole new world of doing things for me someone who did ArcView 3, that switched to Desktop. It is like the evolution of Microsoft office suite through the years and I am a professional word processor. I enjoy the ribbon and like that the toolbox is more integrated.

What do you dislike?

new and different. got fixed in ways of doing things. But excited to fill in my knowledge at conference.

TRansitioning from ArcGIS Desktop as backbone

ArcGIS Pro review by User

"Easy way to Understand Data"

What do you like best?

I like the features of adding multiple layers to the map containing various data. It's an easy way to visualize and understand various sets of data.

What do you dislike?

The software is somewhat challenging if you haven't taken a course of some sort. It is not intuitive.

I use ArGIS Pro to map data sets from Allegheny County. The benefit is that those without a public health background can easily understand the maps and the data.

"Not quite there yet"

What do you like best?

ease of creating and sharing feature services, 2d and 3d compatibility

What do you dislike?

lack of functionality for geodatabase replication and working with cartographic representations

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure the required functionality is available in Pro before switching from ArcMap

maintaining GIS data for operating mine sites and tracking land claims. Increased awareness of mining related data and how GIS can be used to make decisions

ArcGIS Pro review by David R.
David R.

"Relationships"

What do you like best?

The Where and What in relation to the state

What do you dislike?

Cant learn fast enough to implement more solutions

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Build relationships

Visualization of Disasters

ArcGIS Pro review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

"ArcGIS Pro"

What do you like best?

Ribbon bars for buttons. 3D and 2D in the same application.

What do you dislike?

Crashes on me ALL THE TIME. When using the application to publish 3D data to a web service, it reduces the data down so much that it is not useful.

The ability to analysis 2D and 3D data in the same application

"Needs work"

What do you like best?

good functionality and cool new features that potentially could be a huge benefit

What do you dislike?

quirky and has a LOT of bugs. Not as easy and "simple" as Desktop. Would love to see some of the "ease of use" from desktop incorporated into PRO

Mainly making maps and editing/updating Utility and Planning information

ArcGIS Pro review by Consultant

"Great platform for Spatial data management"

What do you like best?

The editing tools provided and ability to download maps.

What do you dislike?

It seems to be a bit slower sometimes for example while editing and saving a spatial file, it take a while to save.

We are using it to provide users the ability to view and edit their spatial data.

ArcGIS Pro review by Administrator

"ArcGIS Pro has gone Plaid!"

What do you like best?

That the program was dveloped from the ground up so that processing times are faster and it is feature rich, all for 64-bit.

What do you dislike?

Using Pro on 4K screens is sometimes a little bit difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn Arcade.

Saving time digitizing. Ability to tell better stories using animations...ANIMATIONS!!!

User in Government Administration

"Can have a learning curve "

What do you like best?

Easy to search for tools even if you’re not sure which tool you need, you can type what you need it to do.

What do you dislike?

The ribbon platform arcgis moved to makes things seem off.

Mapping and spatial analysis.

"ArcGIS Pro"

What do you like best?

Help documentation and Tutorials are helpful. Multiple windows and layouts in a project.

What do you dislike?

Crashes frequently and took time to become familiar with the project properties.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the tutorials

Data conversion from AutoCAD DWG

ArcGIS Pro review by User in Information Technology and Services

"The leader in the industry for spatial analytics"

What do you like best?

Ever expanding capabilities and adoption across industries. Also unlocking a donation for The Nature Conservancy .

What do you dislike?

Well it's always possible to complain about licensing costs and fees.

Emergency response, planning visualization, ecosystem mapping,

"Pro Future"

What do you like best?

As a desktop user, the transitiion was not as time consuming as I expected. I like the consolidation of the map product.

What do you dislike?

I'm looking forward to more functionallity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

?

Publishing vector basemaps.

"everyday user"

What do you like best?

i like how easy it is to manage workflows.

What do you dislike?

was very difficult to get started at first

Recommendations to others considering the product:

stick with it

quicker turn around time.

"A start"

What do you like best?

Enhances the ability to share data to ArcGIS Online

What do you dislike?

Computer requirements needed to do 3d analysis

Sharing Data, very fast and efficient

ArcGIS Pro review by Consultant

"Product Review"

What do you like best?

Flexibility , easy to use

What do you dislike?

nothing major; except the design maybe

Editing and Managing utilities data

ArcGIS Pro review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"New Guy"

What do you like best?

Tools are readily available, and intuitive

What do you dislike?

A glossary/terminology link would be helpful

Data presentation

Learning about ArcGIS Pro?

* We monitor all ArcGIS Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.