Alt Legal Reviews & Product Details

Alt Legal Overview

What is Alt Legal?

Alt Legal is a distinctively different kind of IP docketing solution. We focus on making trademark professionals’ lives easier. The platform goes beyond what IP professionals expect from legacy docketing systems with our automated docketing of USPTO and CIPO deadlines, one-click reporting, smart email templates, personalized email reports, calendar sync, TEAS integration, §2(d) trademark watch, and collaboration tools. Best of all, our software is supported by our hands-on team of professionals who have years of industry expertise. Connect with us to find out why IP professionals trust Alt Legal to manage hundreds of thousands of matters.

Alt Legal Details

Alt Legal prepares, files, and tracks USPTO filings by automating the administrative and repetitive aspects of IP work.

Unlike our competitors, Alt Legal substantially automates the preparation and management of IP filings. We focus on providing an intuitive, yet powerful interface to save IP professionals hours every week, and we do NOT charge extra for support, training, or setup.

Alt Legal
2013
New York, NY
@AltLegalHQ

Alt Legal Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Alt Legal community
Have you used Alt Legal before?

Alt Legal Reviews

Showing 22 Alt Legal reviews
Already have Alt Legal?
AL
What do you like best?

I like the Chrome extension tool that allows you to input data straight to the USPTO and the daily recap email of deadlines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could set the daily recap of deadlines to not send on weekends. I'm big on work life balance and that annoys me. The international marks also need better functionality, but this company is on to something and I don't think it will take them long to get there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better efficiency in our docketing of domestic marks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & Managing Attorney
Law Practice
What do you like best?

I love AltLegal's seamless intake process and standard emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My G.Chrome extension malfunctions at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to seamlessly onboard clients and gather critical information concerning their trademarks with ease. As a solo attorney, my time is incredibly important. AltLegal's systems allow me to not only be more efficient, but also communicate with my client's quickly concerning the status of their trademarks. I love the built in email templates and that AltLegal will even customize your emails if you need to make slight changes. I no longer have to log into the USPTO's archaic system to monitor my marks, because AltLegal's docketing software does it all for me. Even when I'm not able to log in, I still receiving daily and weekly email summaries concerning my portfolio. I'm able to file trademarks much faster and focus on the business of my business more. It's a no brainer to have AltLegal if you're a trademark attorney! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Contributing Editor (AboveTheLaw.com Legal Innovation Center)
What do you like best?

Favorite features include the Patent and Trademark reporting tool, invention workflows, regular docket deadline reminders, and don't forget the extremely intuitive and easy to navigate Alt.Legal platform UX/UI. Alt.Legal has transformed our in house IP management tool for the better. Can't recommend this highly enough to in house counsels struggling with high IP outside counsel costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. We are very excited for new features! Alt.Legal has a ton of potential to grow and evolve with it's intuitive platform and API connections. Also, great leadership and customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Provide easy, accurate and fast reporting across all IP assets, including patents and trademarks. This has allowed us to protect our critical IP faster and with greater transparency to the business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Automatically updates trademark deadlines in your docket without the need for manual input.

Weekly emails with upcoming deadlines.

Excellent customer support.

Reasonably priced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can take some time to upload records. But that's a minor issue -- it's really a great product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You owe to yourself and your clients to have docketing support software. Don't look elsewhere -- just try Alt Legal. I'm sure you will be satisfied. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves me from having to manually input deadlines, which frees up my time to address substantive client matters. I'm not aware of another product on the market that automatically updates a USPTO docket. And at the price point they offer, it's an affordable and absolutely essential tool for any trademark attorney. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal Attorney
What do you like best?

This. Changed. My. Life. As a small trademark practitioner, I needed something functional and easy. This does it. Deadlines are all easy to see. It sends you a daily digest of marks coming up on deadlines, etc. It also pulls your marks in automatically so setup is A BREEZE. I am their new biggest cheerleader/ fan, and tell all of my non-legal friends how excited I am-- which is lame but shows how excited I am. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are new so I believe it will get souped up eventually. This is what I'd love to see:

-Ability to customize questionnaires and all aspects of intake process (right now, limited customization)

-I have some issues with logo sizing, but that could just be user error

-More robust copyright management options (I realize this is a trademark focused product, but this would be nice)

-Zapier integration would be great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Realize that they are a new company, but know they are super willing to help you and offer support.

If you need something simple and easy to manage IP, this is it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

KEEPING EVERYTHING AUTOMATED and easy to see

Easier deadline management

Intake is a breeze Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Patent Attorney
Law Practice
What do you like best?

Docketing and deadline tracking = the best Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would love reference sections to be added in the future. No complaints so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The UI and functionality are impressive, and we know that Alt Legal has more tricks up their sleeve that they'll be deploying as they continue to grow and fulfill this very important niche.

The ease of docketing and the automated reminder emails are wonderful to ease your fears of missing important deadlines. Keeping track of multiple registrations, etc., can be a logistical and administrative nightmare - Alt Legal makes it a dream.

The intake software is another key component - no need for questionnaires via PDF or scanning/printing, etc. You send the client a link, receive your needed info, and can input directly into the USPTO application. The time you save allows for conversion of more opportunity. Highly highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Huge time-saver. Covers intake, which is easily transposable to the USPTO applications. Covers docketing and statutory deadlines - a huge tool that lets us all sleep easy without worrying about possibly missing important deadlines Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the AltLegal integration with our practice management program, and its ease of use. More than that, I love the responsiveness of the AltLegal team and their product support. Whenever we have a question, they are "on it" with an answer that makes sense. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really. AltLegal might benefit from establishing a regular training schedule on its functions and features for users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask a lot of questions about how the product works, and you'll get patient, helpful feedback from AltLegal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We get peace of mind knowing AltLegal is keeping us deadline compliant. We also get a streamlined document assembly solution for our trademark filings that saves us time and money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Law Practice
What do you like best?

The functionality of their platform is intentionally designed to anticipate the needs of a trademark attorney and facilitate quick retrieval of info and links to the USPTO. The deadline listings and regular emails are awesome additions! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If emails could be automated upon new filings, etc. it would be the only improvement I can think of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Proactive care for our clients is what we're solving and increased revenue is the result! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder + Partner
Law Practice
What do you like best?

It is easy to docket trademarks and stay organized. The pricing is clear and affordable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like more support for foreign applications, but I understand that is possible in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using Alt Legal to run a trademark practice. I use it for customer intake and trademark management and it does remarkably on both counts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Legal Services
What do you like best?

Straightforward display and update emails provided invaluable information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I like all the features of the software and would not change anything Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a fabulous product and I highly recommend it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

How to keep track of updates and deadlines for our trademark dockets. The ability to update clients with new developments is much easier through Alt Legal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Attorney-at-law (California) and registered European Trademark Attorney
Law Practice
What do you like best?

User interface is easy to use and intuitive. I like being about to access all clients' marks in a single search and to quickly get client-specific overviews.

Also, the deadline tracking is great, a true triple prong strategy! I check on Alt-Legal regularly for upcoming deadlines. They also send me a docketing email daily. Lastly, the integration with Clio also builds in a reminder there, so I'd be on top of all trademark matters even if I don't try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The search function sometimes isn't as quick as it could be, but only a very minor issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automatic deadline calendaring is a key feature which helps me out. I never have to worry about surprise deadlines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Alt Legal automatically dockets matters based on the email used on a trademark filing. It integrates with my main practice management software Clio and my calendar allowing me to see the deadlines in multiple locations. I really like receiving a daily email that lists upcoming deadlines and recent status changes. This daily email provides valuable information in a single place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface could still use some work. I believe they updated it but have not rolled that out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Alt Legal as a back up docketing system for my Trademark filing deadlines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trademark Attorney/Owner
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The docketing feature allows me to seamlessly keep track of my IP filings. This task would otherwise be a burdensome very burdensome given the high volume of filings in my office. Trademark prosecution is significantly simpler with this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of. Save adding a trademark clearance tool of some sort, the software is rivaled by none and truly allows me to have a modern practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allowing me to focus on legal while the administrative side is streamlined and automated. This software is solely responsible for putting my practice on the fast-track as a niche. The Alt Legal team has helped me improve my marketing efforts and much more, making my practice exactly what I want it to be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CT
What do you like best?

Easy to learn integration. Fantastic Customer Support.The cost was great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very basic layout. Not many customizable options. There needs to be an option to omit some fields that are never used. It clutters the screen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quicker turn around time and faster response. Folks have began to feel more comfortable with online information submission versus paper submissions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President, Legal Counsel
Law Practice
What do you like best?

AltLegal stays on top of trademark status and action items needed in the prosecution and maintenance of trademarks with the USPTO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. Whenever I've had an issue, the AltLegal team takes care of it in a timely and efficient manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AltLegal's docketing and notification systems are helpful and save time when dealing with clients' trademarks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal Attorney
Law Practice
What do you like best?

Great client intake and trademark docketing/deadline tracking! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Generally a great product. Sometimes can be a little slow to load up for larger trademark dockets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saves me a ton of time on intake, docketing, and preparation of TM applications Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

automation of TM/USPTO matters, USPTO filings, docketing, intake, they said maybe copyright soon Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

automation of ONLY TM matters, no other cases other integrate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Alt would have helped with USPTO filings, docketing, intake, they said maybe copyright soon Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
Law Practice
What do you like best?

Automated docketing and excellent responsiveness from the entire AltLegal team Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because there software is fairly new, many features are still under development, but this is not a major concern. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sharply reducing the time involved in trademark docketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Law Practice
What do you like best?

It makes trademark prosecution easier, the interface is fantastic, it's structured, well thought-out, and constantly evolving and getting better.

The docketing program has made my life much, much easier. The viewing options, the way deadlines are presented, direct access to the USPTO file, reporting emails rival much more expensive docketing programs, and actually improve on them.

The team really cares about how lawyers work, and go to great lengths to constantly improve the software and make it even easier to use. Using Altlegal has significantly improved efficiencies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. While I don't use the intake version much, and certain areas could be improved (international docketing), the product far exceeds expectations and consistently outperforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Altlegal has and continues to save time and make my practice better and more efficient. It allows me to focus on the legal work, and significantly eases the pain of administrative work involved in trademark prosecution and managing of trademark portfolios. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IP Attorney
Law Practice
What do you like best?

The functionality is great in that the interface is intuitive, the information is comprehensive and consistently updated, and we are aware of all critical dates and deadlines via the platform, e-mail, and integrated calendars. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Current filtering of data can be difficult. But I can say these folks are cranking out improvements seemingly every quarter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a robust, easy-to-use docketing and portfolio management system, with tremendous customer service, this is a great product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to monitor, respond to, address, and keep track of dates and deadlines for a variety of intellectual property filings on a scale I could not do unless I had the platform to assist me in docketing data, providing notices, etc. I would otherwise need multiple employees to manage this number of filings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Law Practice
What do you like best?

The product is really easy to use and always improving. As one of the early adopters, I have been incredibly impressed by the growth of the product. I look forward to all the great things in store! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much. They have been incredibly responsive to any issues! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Improving the client experience Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

This software is everything I need as a trademark lawyer. Easy to use, great interface, excellent customer service. What more could I want? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I don't like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I secure trademark protection for my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.