Wistia Soapbox

Soapbox is a Chrome extension that enables anyone to record, edit, share, and measure presentation videos.

Work for Wistia Soapbox?

Learning about Wistia Soapbox?

Wistia Soapbox Reviews

Showing 13 Wistia Soapbox reviews
Hannah H.

"Easily create great content"

What do you like best?

Soapbox is so easy to use to shoot videos and then embed in emails to clients. We have used it a lot for sales and for client services.

What do you dislike?

When they click the video it does take them off of the page or email. You cannot watch the video where it is. This may just be because we use the free version. But it is kind of annoying that the video has to open on a new page.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Getting a paid version is worth it, if you use video to enhance your customer experience and use it for education. Start with the free version, but I promise you, after the 3 videos, you will want to create more. They have great support so if you are struggling with the decision of paying for a paid version, talk to someone on their team and they will give you some ideas.

We are able to answer questions and make content in a way that is more engaging for the clients. No one wants to read a long walkthrough email. We use them to demonstrate how to use a platform or show clients data.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Wistia Soapbox
Ishan S.

"Best for creating tutorial videos"

What do you like best?

The ease and simplicity of soapbox are what makes it a hands-on tool. It's simplicity automatically drives its usage.

What do you dislike?

Currently, the editing options are limited I would have liked some more options in order to make video experience better for my viewers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for the paid version I believe it has a lot more features than the free one.

I take care of customer queries where I am asked million "how to" questions. With soapbox I record my screen showing my customers how to perform certain tasks using our tool, the best is I am able to narrate at the same time which makes it very easy for my customer to understand and follow the instructions. I also use soapbox to make introduction videos where I introduce my self as the account manager to my customers.

What Video Editing solution do you use?

Erica S.

"Such a unique tool for your business."

What do you like best?

You can switch between screen sharing and facetime or split the screen to show both. This is so cool because it allows you to better connect to people who are watching your video. It makes how to videos so much easier and more efficient.

What do you dislike?

You have to be ready for the camera because you cant see yourself when you record.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a cool way to connect to your customers and your followers. Like a live podcast where you can show your face and your screen!

Our clients don't necessarily have to video chat with us during the day but instead can choose to watch our soapbox video whenever they have a convenient time, so it's nice.

Lynn S.

"Amazing Video Editor"

What do you like best?

I love the bells and whistles you can add to your videos, like adding a relevant link, or the ability to have someone enter their email address in order to watch a video.

What do you dislike?

I do understand why they want their branding on there - of course it would be nice to not have the Wistia branding, but not complaining about a free account.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try - it's free as long as you're good with the Wistia branding.

The main benefit is to help me, as a beginner in using video for my own company, is that I can add so many things to existing videos without having to start again with all new videos from scratch.

Kayla M.

"Soapbox review"

What do you like best?

When I used this software I liked how easy it was to use and how it made video production and sharing presentations easy. It also was very visually pleasing, and again, simple to use. Even the free version gives you a lot to work with. I also liked that it was a Chrome extension so it didn't take up too much memory and I didn't have to download something completely new.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that sometimes the editing section would glitch, but that could have been an error on my end, not necessarily the software's.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not give up on the software if the editing section glitches on you. You may just need to restart your computer. Customer service is also helpful with figuring that out. It is a very simple and useful software to use so give it a chance, it will do wonders for your team. When I start recruiting more people onto our team that is working remotely/from home, I will be sure to start using Soapbox again.

I solved being able to present decks to the team and share my screen with them to do tutorials on how to do page layouts on InDesign and how to do certain graphics. Benefits I realized was it would now be easier to bring graphic designers on to the team who do not live near me, since I would be able to share my screen with them and show them how I want certain pages to be formatted and clear up any confusion.

Steven T.

"Awesome Video Recorder to Marketing"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to record both yourself and the computer screen at the same time - then share it out. It's a lifesaver when trying to do quick product explainers. It allows me to use a personal touch in addition to showing complicated products on screen.

What do you dislike?

It's a process to tie it with Wistia's main product and leverage it with analytics. Not a big deal, but it could be improved a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool if you want to do simple videos, where you show your face (give a human element to your business) and where you want to show product demonstrations.

Video marketing on products.

Amanda M.

"Soapbox: easy to use and adds value with minimum effort"

What do you like best?

Easy screen recording and video editing functions.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was the ability to cut out a mistake in the middle.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's free to try!

For 1:1 product tutorials specifically, we've found it's helpful to introduce ourselves face-to-face alongside our typical screen recordings. Being a video company ourselves, we create a ton of [mostly animated] video content, and Soapbox is a great addition to our toolkit.

EH
Executive Sponsor in Hospital & Health Care

"Barely works, horrible support"

What do you like best?

I like the functionality of it, the editing capabilities are pretty good when it actually works

What do you dislike?

Support - takes them 24-48 hours to get back to serious issues

Export - often doesn't work properly. Meaning that edits made in Soapbox are often not reflected when we export it to Wistia

Editing - although it's a pro, it's also a con. Hubspot's video platform has the same functionality (even slightly better) and makes more sense as an add-on.

Soapbox pro - I hate that we can't do everything in one platform. It makes no sense to have Soapbox and then a Wistia account.

Did I mention their support is horrendous? They aren't helpful at all, don't take ownership over outages and just generally awful

Internal communications, marketing/acquisition

UE
User in Events Services

"Wistia Soapbox "

What do you like best?

I like being able to easily capture short videos to personalize my communications with prospects and to grab their attention and stand out.

What do you dislike?

The functionality can be a bit limited. Wish there were more special effects and editing capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need anything complex in terms of editing and creative liberty, look into other products. Great for simple videos.

I am sending short videos introducing myself to prospects with a light description of our product. It is an engaging way to connect with them.

"Great extension to an already great platform"

What do you like best?

Because it's an extension on Wistia, it's backed by super powerful platform for all of our video needs. Very simple to use.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I can say I dislike. Maybe depending on your specific needs it's not as powerful as something like Camtasia...

We used it internally to create quick videos to share new processes. Making a video is much easier than writing out steps and people learn much much quicker by seeing and listening vs. just reading an email.

"Great for specialized jobs"

What do you like best?

It is unique to me, I make videos, so I like the video making part.

What do you dislike?

There are some glitches still and that slows me down a lot.

It's like creating a new industry so not really solving just adding value.

Elijah S.

"Easy to Use and implement"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and show onscreen information to those who we are trying to reach.

What do you dislike?

The interface was a little difficult to navigate when we first started, but a little experience helps.

We're using it for app tutorials for others.

"Soapbox Is A Great Software to Make Presenations Really Pop"

What do you like best?

What I enjoyed most about using this software was the dynamic tools I could use to better create presentations and create videos showcasing our company.

What do you dislike?

At times some of the software wasn’t as accessible when it came to instructions and how to use certain functions.

We were able to revamp our image and were able to showcase our company to an even broader network.

Learning about Wistia Soapbox?

* We monitor all Wistia Soapbox reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.