Videojs

Video.js is an open source library for working with video on the web, also known as an HTML video player

Work for Videojs?

Learning about Videojs?

Videojs Reviews

Showing 11 Videojs reviews
Videojs review by Leonardo M.
Leonardo M.

"Go to solution for a reliable player framework "

What do you like best?

First of all I need to emphasize it is free and open source! This is why I can reccomend this to my collegues freelancers to use Videojs on their products, cost effective soultion.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I needed some time to troubleshoot errors I had and I couldn't find the answer on Videojs's help page (https://docs.videojs.com/) was a little bit frustrating. I needed a few minutes to arrange everything and figure what is where.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is really a great product. First of all, it is open source and obviusly free. No strings attached and the best solution I have found if you need a reliable framework for a variaty of solutions.

I hade a few clients that needed a cost-effective solution. It was consisting of mostly websites with a few videos and I was using Videojs to implement the videos from the server in a fast and reliable manner so it is in the same design style as the whole website.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Videojs
Videojs review by Matthew E.
Matthew E.

"The best way to intergrate videos into your website without 3rd party hosting."

What do you like best?

I like that video.js is open-source making it easy to host my own videos on my website without having to embed a youtube to vimeo tag in my website. It makes it easy to show my userbase that we're professional.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the library is not friendly with other libraries such as bootstrap. It'll occasionally go off track and cause bugs that aren't necessary. This proves to be difficult in many cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's hard to work with, but once you get it it'll save you a lot of time and headaches!

I am able to host videos on my own server and make sure they stay up with privacy of our users without allowing them to be posted on 3rd party sources such as youtube or vimeo.

What Other Video solution do you use?

Videojs review by User in Computer Software

"Video.js functionalities and performance issues."

What do you like best?

Video.js is best for cross platform support. In some situations some scripts are only support one platform and shows some error messages in other platforms. in such scenario video.js plays vital role. The video formats may not be supports all platforms. In such cases we can use video.js. Using this script we can implement video support facility in all platforms.

What do you dislike?

Video.js is basically a javascript code. So we nee to have basic idea about scripting. The most difficult part of video.js is its implementation and performance issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Those who wishes to use Video.js need to have well understanding about cross platform scripting. Some times some scripts are dependent on one platforms and may not be compatible with other platforms. So we need to understand cross platform scripting.

Using video.js cross platform capabilities is easily attained. That is the main and attractive part of video.js.

Videojs review by User in Computer Software

"The best video intergeration tool"

What do you like best?

I mostly like this because it is free and open source., In the videojs it is easy to host our own videos on our personal websites. The greatest thing about this product is that its customiziblitiy. It is very easy to use. It also has the feature to run HTML 5 and flash videos.

What do you dislike?

The videojs library is not friendly with users which sometimes causes disturbance during the process. Otherwise there is nothing to be dislike but I don't know many users are saying that it is hard to be learn.It is one of the easiest video intergeration tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommended this product.

This product is really beneficial for us as I previously spoke that it has the ability to host your videos on your personal websites and also it has many features which makes this software useful.

Videojs review by User

"Doesn't cost a dime!"

What do you like best?

The greatest thing about Videojs is the customizability. As others have mentioned, it is open-source, making it very highly customizable. The embeds are quick and easy and look cleaner and higher-budget than YouTube. It looks sloppy to have the YouTube logo in your videos on your site. Using Videojs makes your presentation a seem less amateur.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about Videojs. I don't know why other users are saying it is hard to learn. It is literally one of the easiest things I've ever used. I am not even a web master or the like but could use this better than I even could embedding when we were on Wix.

The main benefit as I spoke about previously is the more professional look by not having any logos or having to use somewhere else to host videos.

Videojs review by Kiran R.
Kiran R.

"Add Videos in your website free with "

What do you like best?

Videojs is a free and open source web video player that can be embedded in a website to run videos.

Videosj is build for the HTML5 pages.

This can play HTML5 and flash videos.

Moreover YouTube videos can be playes with supported plugins.

Moreover its platform independent and runs smoothly over mobile and web.

What do you dislike?

Some more features can be added with updates. Moreover I don't see any bug in it.

Around half million websites use it.

As its open source so we have embedded it in our project. It was very easy and videos run in high quality.

Videojs review by Audie D.
Audie D.

"Videojs is individualistic"

What do you like best?

Videojs is an open source which makes its user independent of any third party factor and enable the user to leave a professional impression on their user base.

What do you dislike?

The Videojs library is not friendly with other libraries which cause disturbance by causing various bugs and disturbs the user in the process.

It is a little tricky to understand at first but makes a lot of sense and turned out to be very convenient as I acquainted myself with the features.

Videojs review by keishly a.
keishly a.

"Videojs is free of expense and open source."

What do you like best?

Videojs is an easy to use and savvy. It gives answers for a very much established structure which isn't substantial on the pocket.

What do you dislike?

The stage is by and large worth an attempt however it is a touch of bewildering and I had hard time endeavoring to deal with the highlights.

Videojs is an entirely dependable and undemanding stage which is demonstrating to help a lot among its clients.

Videojs review by sara b.
sara b.

"Videojs is a very much arranged and gainful apparatus."

What do you like best?

This is an open source which is very financially savvy. It is very easy to use which makes it increasingly gainful and powerful.

What do you dislike?

This apparatus is a difficult to comprehend in the absolute starting point, the underlying procedure is somewhat tedious and dreary.

Videojs is absolutely free and has no surprises which is extraordinary. It is great arranged and systematized, I certainly prescribe this to other people.

Videojs review by Tobias M.
Tobias M.

"Videojs is a well-ordered and productive tool."

What do you like best?

This is an open source which is very cost-effective. It is very user friendly which makes it more productive and effective.

What do you dislike?

This tool is a hard to understand in the very beginning, the initial process is a little tiresome and tedious.

Videojs is totally free and has no strings attached which is great. It is very well-planned and systematized, I definitely recommend this to others.

Videojs review by Amos T.
Amos T.

"Videojs is free of cost and open source."

What do you like best?

Videojs is a user friendly and cost-effective. It provides solutions for a well-founded framework which is not heavy on the pocket.

What do you dislike?

The platform is overall worth a try but it is a little puzzling and I had hard time trying to sort out the features.

Videojs is a very reliable and undemanding platform which is proving to help a great deal among its users.

Learning about Videojs?

* We monitor all Videojs reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.