start.me

start.me offers a web-based personal start page with an integrated bookmarks manager.

Work for start.me?

Learning about start.me?

start.me Reviews

Showing 42 start.me reviews
jackelyn p.

"Love the features"

What do you like best?

I like that every social network that I use is easily accessible. I can check everything at once without a hassle of opening many windows when I am using my laptop. Also like the fact that it provides everything you love about social media with just one login.

What do you dislike?

I truly dislike when there's an update almost all my features disappear. It can get quite annoying because I took the time to customize it the way I prefer to see it when I log in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I truly recommend this site to anybody that loves anything easy.you can also put your favorite shopping websites all social media accounts all together in one page, can't get better than that.

Business wise I haven't done much, I use this for personal use. But if you own a business and you use a lot of social media for your business, this can be absolutely perfect for you.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about start.me
Nicole H.

"A Fantastic Homepage Experience "

What do you like best?

I love how customizable and organized my startpage is! I had a semi-custom homepage with Chrome, but this is miles beyond that and so much nicer. I like that I can drag and drop, and the ease with which I can add or remove icons and feeds is so nice. Just about every aspect of the page is able to be modified and arranged to your exact preference, and I love it.

What do you dislike?

Truthfully, the program does exactly what it's intended to do. I suppose if I were to nitpick, it would be nice to be able to switch between more than just black or white for the overall page theme, but I'm content with the dark theme because it's easy on my eyes.

I suppose the greatest benefit for me is the ability to streamline my work research. In addition to my personal startpage, I can create an additional page that easily lists out sites that I frequently need to visit. Rather than dealing with nested folders and a mess of bookmarks that constantly needs to be pruned and organized, I can group each set of sites into its own widget with customized phrases that make navigation and pruning extremely simple.

What Bookmark Manager solution do you use?

Jared H.

"start.me, interesting, but not necessary."

What do you like best?

It organizes all of the pages that I use daily and keeps everything in one place. It also has helpful tools like local weather reports and news on the left panel of the app.

What do you dislike?

I don't really think that it's all that necessary. The idea is pretty smart, but the page is actually pretty cluttered, and seems like it defeats it's purpose of organizing your "online life" for you. I will mention more on this later, but the app is also very cluttered.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep your expectations in check. This app is helpful, but it has a long way to go before it will be a life-changing piece of software that will help you get more done and be more organized.

One initial problem that is solved, is that I do actually remember to do a couple of tasks that I typically need to be reminded of, due to the nature of having everything on one page to start with. It allows me to look at each app that I normally jump into upon getting to work and sitting down to start.

Adil B.

"Best Bookmark Manager"

What do you like best?

Best Bookmark Manager Where You Access Millions of Sites and Online Portals You Might Be Wondering About , many people claim it as virus but they are clean , they do not install any software or ad pop all they do is to make your browser new page modified with tonnes of popular sites and store which you would be amazed to watch, you can receive feeds , news as you like , they are also offering pro version which includes Google Analytics, Google Adsense, Charts (CSV), Currency converter, Image widget, you will get more widgets , no ads at all in pro version.

What do you dislike?

Just sometime when you are browsing a lot you will face Sudden page redirects but that minor stuff and might be fixed in future soon .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just Fix Redirection issue and rest all good for me .

Watching new , updates notifications it helps a lot in daily life routine .

Adam .

"Innovative way to manage your bookmarks."

What do you like best?

star.me generates iinteractive dashboard with all your favourite bookmarks. It's a lot easier to find something when you see it. In addition it has build in rss reader to let you stay up to date with your favourite news portals. You can even cerate information dashboard and share it with your team mates. It's available for computers and mobile devices and all leading operating systems and browsers.

What do you dislike?

Automatic categorization is a bit odd when you import all your bookmarks. I would really appreciate som machine learning algorithms to automatically discover, categorize and group page content.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it, it's free in basic option and it will make your daily web browsing routine a lot easier and faster. If you liike me have literally hundred of bookmarks its you only reasonable choice.

It allows me to create clear dashboard for all my favourite bookmarks so i dont have to search for thema everytime. It's faster and more efficiient.

Justin S.

"An intelligent and fully customizable personal startpage and bookmark manager."

What do you like best?

- Save time, every time you go online

- Have all your favorite bookmarks always at hand.

- Always be up-to-date by tracking your favorite RSS feeds

- Bookmarks & RSS feeds

- Broken link checker

- Custom search

- Custom background & themes

- Dozens of other Widgets

- Simple drag and drop interface

- Import/Export your bookmarks/RSS-feeds (OMPL-support)

- Multiple Search engines support

- Extensions for popular browsers like Google and Firefox

I do like one of the recent changes to the header – the dark translucency is nice.

- Make your pages public

What do you dislike?

Subscription that costs between $2 and $30.

The font sizing is a bit too large limiting what you can put on the page.

Search suggestions sometimes stop working.

Weather Widget sometimes fails to render the selected city.

Discover Widget remains white and therefore fails to bend with a users theme color. I did try turning off the header, but I don’t want to lose the top bar that shows the links to my other pages. Too bad you can’t disable just the floating part with all the clutter.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the best option for a dashboard but it comes at a cost free alternatives do not. The opportunity cost must be weighed against the integration advantages unique to the paid version.

The product is rich in features, offering various integrations, providing a good dashboard for any business related workstation. It saves employees time and allows them to configure the page depending on their task flow.

Waleed B.

"Best Bookmarking Tools Ever! Empower people to navigate the internet more efficiently."

What do you like best?

Once I discovered start.me I found it very useful and helpful tool to include in my online marketing tools. Their main mission is to empower people to navigate the internet more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

They provide a personal start page, powerful bookmark manager, and support for news feeds. The system is working great on Chrome, Firefox, and other popular browsers. The bookmarks bar full of tiny, untidy bookmarks, and more.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a very helpful tool for bookmarking your favorite sites in one place. Whether you use Chrome, Firefox or yet another browser, often you know where you want to go, and you want to get there quickly.

It helped me bookmark my website important links and share them online with colleagues and co-workers. It's a very easy tool, just Drag and drop your bookmark. It works great on Chrome, Kinza (a partner), Torch (a partner), Iron Browser (a partner), Opera, and Vivaldi.

Yahya I.

"Spend less time Searching for saved linnks"

What do you like best?

With start.me, you spend less time looking for links as all your favourite links would have been saved on it, and accessible to you anywhere on any device. I like its sleek user interface that makes using it lovable. Bookmarks are allowed to be grouped based on your categories or your preferences. Your dashboard gives you a completely customizable interface.

What do you dislike?

It's a tool with complete bookmark features. the price is higher than some other bookmark manager, but it all goes down on quality. Start.me is full of quality features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is your next bookmark manager. Go buy it

I still currently use it to get my feeds organized, this gives me a perfect time while on the internet. It is an amazing resource for me as a journalist

Samuel A.

"Terrific Bookmark Manager"

What do you like best?

start.me is really changing the scope of bookmark management. In terms of organization and structure, start.me is excellent. It puts your tabs where they are safe and exactly where you can access them easily. It is also a great collaborative tool. Offline access is not bad either. A really terrific bookmark manager indeed

What do you dislike?

It is one of the best bookmark management tools around. I am convinced of its capabilities. The features are functional and in the right proportion. It works perfectly

Recommendations to others considering the product:

start.me is cheap and easy to use. It would organize your bookmark to your taste

start.me makes it really easy for me to have all my favorite tabs one click away. It is just really nice.

Bodunrin J.

"Awesome Bookmark Manager"

What do you like best?

Start.me provides a platform where you can have all your favorite tabs on a page, kept in a bookmark. It makes it such that all your favorite tabs are only one click away. It also brings you the latest news and business related stories as it is happening around the world. With start.me, you would hardly be in need of any other browser

What do you dislike?

The user interface is nowhere near perfect. Improvements should be made. Otherwise, it is perfect

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use start.me. It is unbelievable

I can keep all my favorites links in one place and access them at my own convenience. Start.me makes it really easy to recover lost web pages and forgotten links

"A great tool for customized feeds, all in one place"

What do you like best?

*Super simple to use

*A great organizational tool

*Everything is in one place and easy to look at

*Helpful content management tool

*Easy to access anywhere, no matter what computer you're using

What do you dislike?

This isn't really a con, but there's some initial start-up time to get everything where you want it: the rights feeds in the right places. After making that initial investment, however, it's pretty much smooth sailing with little need for maintenance.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's super simple -- there's no reason not to test it out. Give it a try and see if it works for you. There's really no reason not to in this case.

I work at a media company, so it's very important to know what's going on at all times. This is a terrific way to have a page tailored just to m, showcasing the kinds of news I want from the outlets I'm interested in. It helps me feel like I'm up-to-date and assists with assigning stories and tailoring our news coverage.

"Easy to Use But Not a Timesaver"

What do you like best?

Start.me does exactly what it's advertised to do. The whole platform serves as a bunch of links to your favorite sites or bookmarks, which is a nice feature especially for links that are way too long. This works especially well for those who have a lot of bookmarks but are especially bad at organizing them or do well with a more visual platform. If that's the case, Start.me is your answer.

What do you dislike?

Despite its features, start.me is not really something I see myself needing or really even wanting to use on a daily basis. The whole interface gets cluttered incredibly fast, which seems to directly work against the visual nature of the platform that makes it more appealing than other bookmarking methods in the first place. Once you add more than a few tabs, the whole thing becomes so cluttered that any desire to use it as a time saver (or even just for aesthetics) is no longer there. Seems to be an alright concept, but past the first few times of using it, it seems to be more tedious than anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Personally I don't think it's worth giving it a try unless you have some serious issues organizing your bookmarks otherwise. In my experience, it will likely take you more time to set everything up the way you like it as opposed to actually using the software.

Links to private links/things requiring login information that have annoyingly long url's that I access on a regular basis are well utilized through this program. It saves me a lot of typing at times, but doesn't give me much of an advantage apart from just bookmarking the pages.

Lenarda R.

"Easy way to start your browser for quick reference links in one place."

What do you like best?

I have two pages set up, one for personal and one for business. Each page contains bookmarks to frequently used websites. You can rearrange and adjust where things are on the page. They also offer some widgets for that link to your calendar, show weather, news feeds and more.

What do you dislike?

The RSS news feed shows only basic, short headlines - it does not give me enough to encourage me to click anywhere further. There are different content areas - pages, widgets and items within the widgets. It can be a little confusing on finding how to adjust settings for each of these items.

It helps step me through my morning with ordered bookmarks so I don't forget anything. I can group bookmarks by clients so that I have everything I would need for any given client all in one place. It's a nice visual alternative to bookmarks.

Adams G.

"Start.me is Really Awesome"

What do you like best?

Start.me is a really simple, yet wonderful bookmark managing platform. It works with one really beautiful user interface and an extra ordinary easy to access dashboard. I like the way it helps organizes saved links and also how the firefox extension works. You can't wait to use it, Automatically syncs as well. Totally awesome.

What do you dislike?

I'm yet to get any dislikes about start.me. We fully enjoy the bookmark services it offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start.me is so much recommended. It is a good bookmark manager

We save links with this bookmark manager to save us from having to go online to search for links

Nathaniel Q.

"Good Idea, but needs work"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how easy and intuitive the program is to use and implement. It quickly imports new info and gives plenty of options to reorganize your information.

What do you dislike?

This app lacks any substantial live information other than the news feed. When I open it up, I would like to see some updates on my own information. Like new emails or info on upcoming flights.

This app helps organize more personalized data compared to end user static intranet pages like from sharepoint. Having the ability to show the links and groups of data that I need for my day to day tasks has been wonderful.

Hence W.

"Save time accessing the websites you visit every day"

What do you like best?

Huge time safer. Simple, fast, easy to use. You can point click, adjust and rearrange where things are on the page.

What do you dislike?

The RSS news feed is limited. Advertisements and affiliate link-supported but the ads are easily dismissed by upgrading for a premium account.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is so useful if you want a single page you can set every new tab in all of your browsers to open to, on any device. I recommend it to one and all.

Productivity problems are solved. Huge leaps in value creation come to those that find the next innovation.

Apphut L.

"One stop shop which will boast productivity and unhide the mass of bookmarks"

What do you like best?

It provides me with a single place to springboard into my new top content and reminds me with updates on topical news. It probably saves me 30 minutes a day which means I can better spend the time billing clients.

What do you dislike?

There could be more premium widgets on offer but what are there are very good and well thought out.

Personal development is the main benefit as I can pull and monitor key channels. It also acts as a nudge to keep up to date with emerging trends.

Jami S.

"Using start.me"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easier to view and manage my bookmarks versus using the bookmark manager that comes in web browsers,

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't found anything that I don't like. I wouldn't mind having a start.me browser icon but maybe I just haven't found it yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this product for anyone that has a lot of bookmarks/favorites and wants a better way of managing them.

There haven't been any business problems solved with this software since I just use it as a bookmark manager.

João A.

"A nice tool for organization"

What do you like best?

Its a free tool that helps me organize all my websites and also get some powerfull widgets to avoid losing time visiting my daily websites

What do you dislike?

In the free version you get a ads. Its understandable but they could use limit the free version on some other way.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a free tool that can help you spend less time browsing, why not give a try?

Mainly organization, with start.me i can spend less time browsing on the web

Christopher S.

"Great software just not for me"

What do you like best?

The software has some very interesting benefits towards it I just couldn't find any too much software out there too just settle

What do you dislike?

Everything the price how it operates how was not beneficial to my business nor was it easy to operate with my employees just don't like it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just be patient and really understand what you're doing with this software it might be easy for you to get it but it might be hard for others so please take your time

At first it helped out a little with my operations but it got real sketchy I I just didn't like it ended up costing me more than it helped

Nikita L.

"Fun Way to Stay Connected"

What do you like best?

Everything is in one place! I love that you can see everything and anything you would like to access-- social media, news, weather, traffic, maps, etc.

What do you dislike?

The page design could be a little more streamlined in terms of UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start.me is a cool app that allows people to stay connected to anything and everything.

Start.me allows me to stay connected to all social media platforms, and helps with daily life as well.

"Good ideas but you have to use it!"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of use on both my computer (desktop and laptop) as well as my mobile devices (iphone), and in whichever browser I choose to use.

What do you dislike?

Advertisements, but I understand the need for them to keep it free if you don't want to pay for premium (and they can be easily ignored).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient while setting up your dashboard. It'll come together when you get the hang of it.

Productivity- makes getting started in the mornings or after lunch a bit easier by reminding me what sites/pages I need to visit. It's easier to use than a notepad that gets shuffled around my desk.

Judea H.

"Easy way to manage all your work"

What do you like best?

This is an easy way for me to be able to manage and organize and share online resources with my students, plus it’s free!

What do you dislike?

You have to delete a lot of the items you don’t need to add what you do need on your files.

I am able to manage all my work items and use google also to get my students help when needed.

Emmett G.

"startme an excellent software for use at home"

What do you like best?

First off the sign-up and registration were extremely easy to use. I like the ability to save time by accessing the same websites I use every day, go beyond just bookmarks with an advanced dashboard, and use across multiple devices, platforms, and locations.

What do you dislike?

Currently the new user software interface could be a little difficult to comprehend and get under your belt but once understanding it would be very easy to utilize

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's free to use and very easy to implement after learning the interface

This helps me login online to immediately start my work everyday. Saves time and streamlines work assignments

Brian G.

"All your most commonly visited sites in one spot"

What do you like best?

All my social media, news, and sports information is in one spot.

What do you dislike?

Easy to get distracted if you're just trying to check something quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great to be able to have a setup so that all of our team members have quick and easy access to the information they need.

Customizeable feed allows us to find the most relevant news items more quickly.

"Works well - has a lot on the interface which is handy but it's a little cluttery and hard to learn "

What do you like best?

I like having everything at a touch so I can find all the different areas that I need to access. I also like that it's easy to sign up for and get up and running.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit cluttery - while I can follow it just fine I think it would be easier to follow the containers and layout etc if the sections were separated a little bit better (maybe different colors or something?) which would make it easier on the eyes

Having everything is one spot is good...it would just be better if it was better organized

"Makes you a bit more organized with your life"

What do you like best?

Ability to add different feeds, categorization of areas, and maneuvering the bookmarks easily are some of the best things I love about Start Me.

What do you dislike?

When I want to re-organize any of the widgets, It was a bit confusing. Maybe improve the widget re-organizaiton in 1 clicks vs the 2 clicks it currently takes.

Everyday, I had no routine to go through the essential things I wanted to do. It was not very well organized as sometimes I forget certain things. Start Me is helping me to get into a routine and miss nothing.

UR
User in Real Estate

"Works well"

What do you like best?

I like that start.me keeps all of my bookmarked pages easily accessible on one page. It makes it easy to locate webpages I visit most often - especially for work.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don’t care for is it can quickly become visually overwhelming. There are a lot of bookmarked icons and they start to blend together after a while.

I use a multitude of websites for work and start.me keeps all my most visited pages in one area. It makes it easier and faster to locate and log in.

User in Medical Devices

"A 10 out of 10 Bookmarking Platform"

What do you like best?

start.me is incredibly easy to use. The user interface absorbs you. It also provides unique solutions to several bookmarking challenges. Exportation of data is possible. It also stretches easily to firefox.

What do you dislike?

Perfect bookmarking platform. I do not have any issues with it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Solve your bookmarking problems with start.me

It is a very useful tool for web bookmarking. It saves every useful link you can come across. Now I have the leeway to be human and forget things. smart.me has got me covered

UR
User in Research

"Experience smooth bookmarking with Start.me"

What do you like best?

One can easily turn the browser start page into a personal dashboard. Browser privacy is also an additional feature I enjoy using

What do you dislike?

It's perfect for me. I can't fault it. It is the perfect bookmarking platform I know

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A nice bookmarking platform, try it out.

Apart from the fact that it bookmarks efficiently, additional features make it easy to connect with clients and relate more to them. All in all, it has been very profitable

CM
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Allows me to stay organized and get really specific about my bookmarks"

What do you like best?

I love that it is a multi-device tool that lets me keep everything organized—going beyond the standard bookmark tools.

What do you dislike?

Functionality-wise it works well, however, the UI is a bit clunky and dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the plunge and do it. Other bookmark managers don't even come close to it.

It allows me to spend less time worrying about bookmarks, and more time focusing on visiting those sites I really need to visit from the get-go instead.

User in Civil Engineering

"My exposure with Start.me"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is nice, crisp and very easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

It's a 10 out of 10 for me. I think it is at the apex of bookmarking platforms

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do you want the best bookmarking platform? Use start.me

I use Start.me for managing bookmarks. Useful websites web content can be reached with amazing ease with the use of start.me. I love it

"Time Saver"

What do you like best?

Loved that I didn't have to use bookmarks or click around to a bunch of different sites. A homepage for me!

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I disliked. If I had any suggestions, it might be to use a different font to make it a little different.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Play around with it. There are a lot of things you can learn by just spending some time getting used to the product.

We use a lot of different web based products for our software. Having a main place to go to access any of them was super helpful

Ashley D.

"Easy for quick reference links in one place"

What do you like best?

I like that you can rearrange and adjust where things are on the page. They also offer some widgets for that link to your calendar, show weather, news feed and more!

What do you dislike?

The RSS news feed shows only basic, short headlines.

UA
User in Accounting

"Great Easy to Use Dashboard"

What do you like best?

One stop shop for all my daily interactions whether it be personal or work. I compare it to Flipboard in some ways for iOS but with more of a desktop feel. Browsers have similar offerings but not as clean and interactive.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes organizing/re-organizing can be a bit of a game of tetris but not sure how else it could be solved.

Allows me to see all my important links in one place. Saves time from complete multiple searches and keeping open multiple tabs.

"Start.me is the best"

What do you like best?

No need to sync data.

It saves time since you have access to all important website whenever the browser is open.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about it, I like it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use.

An easy arrangement of bookmark to access our important website.

User in Civil Engineering

"Awesome for Bookmarking"

What do you like best?

Awesome interface and user-friendly. Data synchronisation is automatic. This saves a lot of time and stress

What do you dislike?

Whereas other bookmarking platforms have exorbitant premium packages, start.me comes free. It's incredible. There is nothing to dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great bookmarking platform.

Data synchronisation

Access to favorite web pages

"Why Start.me?"

What do you like best?

Best integrated bookmark manager which helps connect to your favorite website.

What do you dislike?

It is free, I hate using free things, you should always try to pay for services.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy for managing a lot of bookmarks.

We can easily manage our bookmark without a problem.

UF

"Start.me is awesome"

What do you like best?

This is one of the best bookmarking tools I have ever seen. It has several features which enhance cataloging and bookmarking. It also extends to firefox while also providing a data exporting tool

What do you dislike?

It's the ideal bookmarking platform. I can't criticise it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering start.me, I have tried it and I can tell you, it is worth every penny. It is awesome

I use smart.me for page collaboration and bookmarking. It also provides a secure workspace for privacy

"Start.Me makes things easier for access online!"

What do you like best?

I like the easiness of the program and how I don't have to spend all this time putting in web addresses and/or searching for things since they are always in the same place for me to access.

What do you dislike?

Not much! Everything I've seen so far has been great.

I'm able to access things quickly and efficiently and can make sure I'm up to date on all the news I need during work.

"Useful but is it necessary?"

What do you like best?

Interesting and convienent to find all of the pages I frequent constantly in one place. It’s nice to be able to share pages with my team at work as well.

What do you dislike?

It’s extra if you want teams to collaborate which is a big part of why you’d use this site.

Management of pages and shared docs that are used often, also helps with not having to login etc.

User in Human Resources

"Start Me Up software "

What do you like best?

Ease-of-use. Good for small business. uncomplicated good for those that are not as technologically savvy

What do you dislike?

Could be a better price. There is not much I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For small businesses is good and more user-friendly than some of the other big-name software sites

Software management programming email. Accounting needs

Learning about start.me?

* We monitor all start.me reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.