Simplify3D

Simplify3D is a 3D slicing and printing solution.

Work for Simplify3D?

Learning about Simplify3D?

Simplify3D Reviews

Showing 7 Simplify3D reviews
Justin E.

"Excellent software, makes 3D printing a breeze"

What do you like best?

I like the number of print settings available to tweak for best results. I also like the quality of the sliced print as it, for some reason unknown to me, seems to always be better than alternatives like Cura.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of tree supports or automatic layer heights. It would be nice to at least have layer heights generated automatically based on the curvature and detail of the various parts of a 3D model to save on plastic while retaining quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The price tag's a bit steep but if you need an easy-to-use piece of software that gives you plenty of control over your settings, as well as great slicing quality, Simplify3D is the one to go with.

Simplify3D has worked well to allow me to 3D print high quality objects for sale or personal use. It's given me a simple-to-use environment to grow my business avenues and solve many problems.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Simplify3D
UL
User in Libraries

"Efficient and user-friendly"

What do you like best?

Clean and simple interface. Easy to use. Functions allow users to manipulate STL files to a certain point in order to 3D print them the way the user needs it to.

What do you dislike?

There are some 3D printers that the software does not support yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth the price of the perpetual license especially if you have multiple 3D printers. Allows you to better understand 3D printing and how the settings you put in can affect the quality and your desired output of the 3D print.

I am able to easily move STL files on the interface and have them 3D printed and connected as one. I am able to see how each layer is going to print. I am able to better estimate how much time will be needed and how much filament will be needed. I also like the support generating functions. I am able to generate the supports I need and because of the flexibility if the support function, I am able to easily remove supports easily.

What 3D Printing solution do you use?

Jorge P.

"Best 3D printing designing software!"

What do you like best?

I used other program in the best, but S3D is the best out there and you can't beat the price, we use it everyday for your designing.

What do you dislike?

I wish they supported more network printers, hopefully this gets fixed down the road.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Whether you starting 3D printing or doing it for years, Simplify3D is the best software that you can buy worth every penny.

We design models for our customers and our in house printing as well.

Alessio V.

"Complete, fast and useful at the same time"

What do you like best?

Simplify 3D is fast in operation, and can work with big models.

You can have an excellent control of the software and repair the imported mesh its not a problem.

What do you dislike?

The price, for me $149 for this type of software Is top much

in the company where I worked I printed a couple of models, a character and a mecha, the first without problems, the second I could print it properly thanks to various tests done with the Simplify settings.

"Easy to use, very precise"

What do you like best?

The specialty slicing software makes every cut I need more precise and specific. The instructions it gives the printer are precise and translated in a way that the printer can understand, so that I receive the best product possible!

What do you dislike?

The ironing feature is great but difficult to access. There are other softwares where the ironing feature is easier to access and it is very important!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is worth the price of the software!

The models we are making are so much more precise than those of the past and those of other softwares! Plus, it's just so cool to be able to show students "I made this!"

"Affordable"

What do you like best?

I like the price point and the ease to learn to use this software. graduated with a degree in Computer Animation and Visual Effects. I have used some really great expensive intensive software and this one hold up and does the trick for what I use it for. Creating #d models and using it for printing.

What do you dislike?

Its not as good as I think it could be. I know other programs are that are better but they are also more expensive. Its not very well known. Not a lot of companies are using this therefore it hasnt progressed.

I am making 3D Models

Mark S.

"Easy to use, but powerful"

What do you like best?

easy to use if you just want a quick print, but gives you the ability to fine tune all the settings

What do you dislike?

lots and lots of settings - sometimes very confusing as to what to set

modeling prototypes quickly. sure beats cutting everything in wood!

Learning about Simplify3D?

* We monitor all Simplify3D reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.