ShareThis

Tools to Optimize Your Content. Generate Traffic To Your Site.

Work for ShareThis?

Learning about ShareThis?

ShareThis Reviews

Ask ShareThis a Question
Showing 17 ShareThis reviews
ShareThis review by Sumant L.
Sumant L.

"Good for blog to share the links"

What do you like best?

I find this software useful for blogs and websites with average requirements. The best part is you get to know the number of shares and other analytical data. I have used other tools also but this one has a separate dashboard and a panel to understand how the links are shared and how much engagement are you getting.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the user interface and the way it shows data because it is much short and not that much detailed to understand the real-time scenario. I suggest upgrading this software more of a social media specific and blog specifically to gain more users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Initially when you want to use this software do not expect too much but work on your basics and keep track of the engagement that you get. This way you will notice that slowly you are progressing and are able to understand all features of SHareThis software.

To some extent, I found that this software helped with my initial marketing and content strategies. This way it made easy to share links to all social media platforms and get the traffic on blog in large numbers.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ShareThis
ShareThis review by Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.

"Great for bloggers!"

What do you like best?

I like that it's free and simple to use. I like that it rarely has issues.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't restore your counts if you change something about the layout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy and it's free, so give it a shot!

It's good to give people the option of sharing your blog posts to other platforms. It gets you more views, which is what this is all about.

What Content Distribution solution do you use?

ShareThis review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Simple approach to expand the reach of your content"

What do you like best?

ShrareThis makes it incredibly easy to expand the reach of your content by allowing users with one simple click to share your articles to their social media platform of choice.

What do you dislike?

There aren't too many things about ShareThis that I dislike, but sometimes I feel that the 'share' metrics are not entirely accurate. I have found discrepancies in my data from time to time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have your website administrator place that code on your site for the ShareThis widget. Without proper implementation, your share button will not work properly and you will not be effectively using the tool!

We are expanding our social reach organically by allowing our readers to share the content they find most valuable. Often times posting your own content organically falls flat. Seeing an article that a friend shares or recommends has a much greater weight.

ShareThis review by Saikat S.
Saikat S.

"Share with Sharethis"

What do you like best?

It is simple and has more than 20 channels to immediately share on

What do you dislike?

There are multiple bugs. Eg: trying to share something on facebook. FB share page opened but automatically the page height going on increasing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple to implement plugin. Make use of this to shave time and make it simple for your users.

It is for personal user. Whenever, I need to share something over different channel, I use it wherever embedded. When I need to get my content shared, instead of bringing in FB, Linkedin and multiple other channel share button, i use Sharethis

ShareThis review by Administrator in Airlines/Aviation
Administrator in Airlines/Aviation

"share this is a fantastic tool to share with great ease of use!"

What do you like best?

share this is a fantastic tool to share with great ease of use! business viability lies in its collection and treatment of data about its users' activities. ShareThis knows which stories users engage with--the ones they forward and save. Compared with Google, ShareThis gets more interesting data from Web surfers.

What do you dislike?

Data collection is good but wishing there was more of it. There's great potential but room to evolve to a better data collection to a higher level will make this product one of the best if not the best. Data right now is half of the game to define whether you win or lose in any business.

Data collection is one critical component solved. Benefits realized if to have better analysis to define decisions.

ShareThis review by Vishnu V.
Vishnu V.

"Best but need improvements"

What do you like best?

What I like is flexibility of buttons resizing and options of more social media buttons. Admin panel and the embed code is also very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I feel the sharing buttons loads slowly. I feel they have to appear as fast as other local content. That's the only thing disappoints me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am now actually prefering ADD THIS for the same service.

This tool actually makes my website easily sharable. I don't need to code for these buttons.These buttons also give me analytics of usage.

ShareThis review by User

"Convenient social integration"

What do you like best?

ShareThis is a one stop shop for social integration across your website, allowing us to track engagement with the click of a button

What do you dislike?

The share buttons that end up on your website are quite slow and the interface that allows you to track engagement is quite buggy, without the option to go in and reconfigure it for yourself

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, get started and once a pipeline is established, move on to bigger and better products

ShareThis helped us to get stared quickly with social integration, ensuring that the content we post is easily available on almost all major platforms without any hassle. Most of the incoming traffic is through social media and chances are, ShareThis has led to a ton of this

ShareThis review by Eric P.
Eric P.

"Very useful tool! "

What do you like best?

What I like most is highly customizable sharethis is. I also like how easy it is to share online contents using the sharethis buttons.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing i dislike about sharethis. It works very well.

At work, we have the sharethis buttons on pur websites to make it easy to share content on various social networks.

ShareThis review by User

"Pretty good for easily sharing content"

What do you like best?

I like the interface of ShareThis and the ease of using the features. You can share practically anything online to your website or webpage. There are analytic tools as well as follow, reaction, and share buttons.

What do you dislike?

I don't particularly like the toolbar and I wish there were a few more opportunities for customization.

I am solving the problem of needing to add easy share buttons to my website. ShareThis is a good tool to solve that issue.

ShareThis review by Emily C.
Emily C.

"ShareThis Review"

What do you like best?

It enables us to reach our target audience for various clients

What do you dislike?

it would be beneficial to know what social platforms the user was sharing content in - for example if we tap into an audience of those who interacted with craftsmen content on social media, what platform was it in?

it enables us to reach audiences who are interacting with our brand and characteristics of our brand via social media

ShareThis review by Divija M.
Divija M.

"Learn how to use it to your advantage"

What do you like best?

The analytical data and statistics provide valuable information for the user interaction with your blog.

What do you dislike?

The user interface can be tricky to use but once you know how to use it well, the advantage is all yours.

ShareThis has helped in understanding my blog’s user interaction and an easy platform to share links of your blog and market it on social media.

ShareThis review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Works Well!"

What do you like best?

I love how I can share anything I find online with the ShareThis feature. It makes surfing the internet that much more seamless. For instance, when I am reading the news or surfing the net, I can easily share an article to my social networks with only a couple clicks without having to leave my current page or browser.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the ShareThis buttons were a tad bit larger. There have been websites that I visit where I did not see the buttons right away. When someone has to look for the button then using the ShareThis feature might be underutilized. For me, I usually want to share something impulsively and, oftentimes, if I cannot find the ShareThis feature then I am less likely to use it.

At work, my position is a lot of community management and so I use the ShareThis feature often whenever I find things I know my networks will enjoy reading, watching, or engaging with online. I usually present LGBT news to my work platforms, and the ShareThis feature really allows me to do my work seamlessly!

ShareThis review by Andrew R.
Andrew R.

"A fast and easy way to add sharing functionality to your site"

What do you like best?

ShareThis has always made it extremely easy to add sharing buttons to my projects. The amount of social media platforms automatically included is great.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more ways to customize the look and styles of your buttons.

While I do know how to code, it's always a hassle to add individual sharing buttons for every social media platform.

ShareThis review by Consultant

"Easy content management and analytics"

What do you like best?

I like how well it works with Wordpress! It's very easy to set up and work with. Easy to to interact with! It's nice to be able to see what articles are being shared and what social platforms are being utilized. Allows me to see a bit more into my what my blog readers are interested in.

What do you dislike?

I have been using for a short time. Don't really have any dislikes that I have discovered so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend ShareThis. Great for keeping an eye on your content that you post to your blog!

The solution that Sharethis offers is is content management. Being able to keep an eye on my content that is posted to my blog and I can see where it is being posted to on several social platforms.

ShareThis review by User in Paper & Forest Products
User in Paper & Forest Products

"ShareThis"

What do you like best?

One quick way to share content to other people

What do you dislike?

doesn't have all the options for what I want to share to

Recommendations to others considering the product

great one use tool for sharing out data to different sources

easy and convenient way to share content

ShareThis review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Easy to use, and necessary tak for web sites"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and set up, and it gets the job done

What do you dislike?

NOthing. It's pretty upfront and does what it's supposed to do

Makes it easier for people to share content

ShareThis review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Easy share plugin for WordPress sites - and more"

What do you like best?

I like that ShareThis is pretty customizable, and will work with pretty much any type of site. For major CMSes (e.g. WordPress, Drupal), it's essentially plug and play.

What do you dislike?

Not much I dislike about the tool. ShareThis is pretty easy to use.

I've used ShareThis for share functionality on multiple websites, with multiple CMS platforms. If done right (and, of course, if the content is compelling), ShareThis will help increase your social shares.

Learning about ShareThis?

* We monitor all ShareThis reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.