Robert Half

2.9

Robert Half is a staffing website that provide skilled professionals in the fields of accounting and finance, technology, legal, creative, marketing, and administration.

Work for Robert Half?

Learning about Robert Half?

Robert Half Reviews

Showing 15 Robert Half reviews
Robert Half review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"Robert Half - Staffing Leader"

What do you like best?

Robert Half was with me the whole step of the way to find me a suitable match to my talents, and made me feel engaged and a part of the process the whole way through. I was never offered any easily attainable positions outside my discussed skill sets just to fill a spot and a recruiters wallet on commissions, and it was evident how much they cared to take your individual situation into consideration.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I disliked about this firm was when it came time to work WITH them on hiring some talent in my eventual department, I found the rates to be pretty steep considering the positions I was looking to fill. I feel like they are very good with working with their placements, but their actual clients (the organizations they staff for) they are a little less willing to go the extra mile for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think if you are looking for professional talent, they are for sure your go-to firm to staff a position. They care and take an in-=depth approach towards finding the right fit, and work with both parties throughout the agreed upon time period diligently.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Robert Half
Robert Half review by Sheehan A.
Sheehan A.

"Requires a little pushing but recruiters deliver in the end"

What do you like best?

- Easy to contact and always available

- Dedicated account rep to manage resumes and candidate flow

- Good e-mail and phone follow up. I can ask them to switch only to e-mail on days where I am in meetings and can't be available to take a call

- Sources local talent effectively in the end

What do you dislike?

- The first set of candidates that flow through are usually not good. The recruiters take a little while to calibrate and tune the skills that our company is looking for. Sometimes I have to re-communicate the same job description and weed out candidates that are blatant misfits. After seeing the first 10 resumes, we are usually calibrated

- Sometimes can be pushy about making a hire. I understand this is the name of the business but hiring slow is important for all companies to make sure the decision is right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have a very strong job description with skills and qualities spelled out. Once you've done this, engage with your account rep and make sure they understand it. After they've trained their team, make sure you follow up and re-communicate the skills you're looking for. Reject bland resumes candidly, and force them to improve the search to meet the skills your company is looking for.

What Staffing Agencies solution do you use?

Robert Half review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"They will help you find a job if you follow up"

What do you like best?

Robert Half will work with you and do whatever they can to fill a position. My recruiter was in contact with me several times a day. It almost made me feel uncomfortable. Looking for a foot in the door after graduating from college, I was willing to do anything. I did several different temp positions, none that were too bad. I didn't get a lot of time to become familiar with any company in particular or any position, but I managed to learn a lot of things. With such a short period at each place, I was constantly learning and being pushed outside of my comfort zone. I got frustrated with several things and had to leave, but I appreciate the experience it gave me right out of school.

What do you dislike?

The problem was, my recruiter did not care about my interest. Geographically, all of the assignments were outside of the range I had asked for. None of the positions matched what I was looking for. However, I needed work and I would take them. I finally hit a breaking point when I went to do a phone interview for another position and didn't find out until midway through the interview, that this was for a completely separate company and position than the one that my recruiter had told me about. He told me that he must have forgotten or mixed it up, however it was enough for me to say it was the last straw. I couldn't work with someone who was only looking out for himself. I mentioned that I was done using them multiple times, but was getting called several times over the next 3 months. Finally, it stopped, but I still get a phone call once every 4 months or so checking in on me. Sorry Robert Half, I'm not coming back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to have a really sales like experience. Recruiters will try to sell you on every job. If it sounds like something you don't want, then don't do it. Also, always try to negotiate a rate. These guys want these positions filled and are willing to take a bit less if it means you can fill the position. Remember, they hear back from wherever you're working. Always make a good first impression and focus on your soft skills. You're going to need to learn things everywhere you go so don't be afraid of not knowing it all. Focus more on creating conversation and showing confidence. You'll get more jobs based on the impression you leave at your first position.

Robert Half review by Laura N.
Laura N.

"Proactive Co. with great Talent pool"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

We worked with Robert Half and have had a great experience. They are very proactive about staffing (calling to check in, sending me emails with employee profiles, etc). We are small and don’t hire in our accounting office often, but this is a great group of people and they give great service! Robert Half hires the best talent!

What do you like best?

They are very proactive and keep in touch frequently to assess our staffing needs.

What do you dislike?

Because they are so proactive, the frequent check ins don’t work for everyone. I like it but i can see it driving another HR person crazy. Just be upfront with them about how frequently you want to be contacted and it will all work out beautifully.

Robert Half review by Zlatan D.
Zlatan D.

"Another Staffing Agency"

What do you like best?

If you are a contractor our job seeker you know that all agencies are the same and everything about them is just so old.

What do you dislike?

Agencies move very slow because they are outdated and they act as a middlemen in the transaction. Why use the middlemen?

Recommendations to others considering the product

No reason to use the middlemen, plenty of resources online for you to find a job!

Robert Half review by Kenneth L.
Kenneth L.

"Amazing for temps"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

This gives access to equal tools clients Request while maintaining confidentiality

What do you like best?

The user interface remains the same no matter what company is requesting help

What do you dislike?

There's nothing i can think of that I dislike

Robert Half review by Hiring/Reporting Manager
Hiring/Reporting Manager

"Never will use IT Personnel from Robert Half"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

RH sent me individuals who has technology experience from a decade before and no current experience. Then sent me a bill for the couple hours I interviewed the person and sent him on his way.

What do you like best?

I didn’t like anything. Four failed placements; no show, no show after hire; unable to complete tasks in time; decade old experienced individual.

What do you dislike?

Lack of understanding of the company’s needs. Reps made minimal effort to place experienced personnel at our location and kept sending inappropriate individuals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find another temp firm

Robert Half review by James S.
James S.

"Staffing services were great!"

What do you like best?

quick response to my staffing needs. I highly recommend them!

What do you dislike?

pricing structure-it was a bit on the high side for what our company and staffing needs were.

Robert Half review by Human Resources (HR) in Human Resources
Human Resources (HR) in Human Resources

"Great Technology Recruiting Partner"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Local Robert Half helped us hire IT support a few years back.

What do you like best?

They were easy to work with. Presented qualified, vetted candidates. Worked with us on the temp to hire timeframe.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. We didn't have any problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth a look for those hard to fill technology positions.

Robert Half review by Other in Information Technology and Services
Other in Information Technology and Services

"Robert Half - Global Recruitment Agency for IT and Finance Positions"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Robert Half is recruitment agency that places people in IT and finance.

What do you like best?

The associates at Robert Half were very professional and understanding.

What do you dislike?

The associates at Robert Half were unable to secure me an I.T. position.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep chasing.

Robert Half review by Other in Non-Profit Organization Management
Other in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Office user "

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Robert half managment connects potential employees to employers

What do you like best?

The search is vast and you can fine tune what you want to search

What do you dislike?

The site has some glitches in terms of navigating

Robert Half review by Other in Marketing and Advertising
Other in Marketing and Advertising

"Does offer a lot of support"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

I was contacted about a job and then the recuriter pretty much told me that it did not exist I felt like I got bait and switched

What do you like best?

I like how everything is done online, including interviews

What do you dislike?

That a lot of jobs are not “real” and recruiters will waste your time

Robert Half review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"OK, but there are better out there"

What do you like best?

For small jobs, they can help you fill some positions, but if you are looking for long term help, you can do better.

What do you dislike?

Hard to get someone permanent with skill. Part of it could be location, but overall I was not very impressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in a pinch and don't need someone real technical, they are worth a try, but as I already stated, your physical location plays a large role in finding the right IT staffing firm.

Robert Half review by Project Team Member in Computer Software
Project Team Member in Computer Software

"Absolutely Terrible Staffing Firm"

What do you like best?

Nothing at all.

What do you dislike?

I was added to their lists and could not be removed. When I would ask the 3x daily callers to do so they would literally tell me to F--- off. I had to get the BBB and a lawyer friend involved to get them to stop harassing me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away, avoid them at all costs. They have no morals or ethics as a corporation.

Robert Half review by Eugene C.
Eugene C.

"IT staffing firm can help fill temporary gaps "

What do you like best?

We used Robert Half to provide temp staffing for a salesforce.com developer in order to customize our SFDC enterprise edition and to integrate it to our various internal systems. The individual we obtained was great, highly skilled, and performed well.

What do you dislike?

We needed to manage the consultant and provide him clear direction -- once we did that, everything was fine. He wasn't able to bring his own strategic direction, however, so managing the deliverable and spec was critical.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good source for temp help in the IT space. They have a good base of individuals to draw from -- but recognize that these are typically not super high-powered developers; rather, solid IT staff and support.

Learning about Robert Half?

* We monitor all Robert Half reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.