Prey

Prey is an Anti-Theft and management application that helps you keep track and secure your laptop, phone and tablet.

Work for Prey?

Learning about Prey?

Prey Reviews

Ask Prey a Question
Showing 7 Prey reviews
Prey review by Greta Jazmine M.
Greta Jazmine M.

"Great mobile location tool! "

What do you like best?

Prey is the most complete mobile application for locating our devices, whether due to loss or theft, allows the management and tracking of our devices regardless of your system, whether it is Android or any other through a single account and the best thing is that it has a mode of camouflage so if the phone is stolen they will not realize that it is running and will give essential information to determine its location, that is why it is so simple but very powerful and useful.

What do you dislike?

It usually presents problems with some versions of android, but it is not a question of the application but problems of that system so it is still a very complete application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prey is a great and complete application that will keep your device safe anywhere if you want to try it you can do it since it provides great functions being free.

By having Prey on my phone I can be more secure in any place, since I keep my data protected from any curious as well as the protection in general because in case of theft or loss I will be able to track my phone and in a few minutes I will know its location and I will be able to recover it

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Prey
Prey review by Celestine M.
Celestine M.

"Prey the best protection application for my mobile"

What do you like best?

I like Prey for many things, but mainly because it is an online application which allows me to access it from any place and from any device, I can also manage and protect my data at the same time and track in real time the location of each one of my devices and the best thing is that it is super light and works in the background so you can do what you want as it will not interrupt your actions.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be somewhat slow when tracking locations, but I think it is due to the internet connection so with a good connection this little problem would be avoided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prey is compatible with any operating system as Android, Windows, Linux, among others, so with a single account you can manage and protect all your computers and multiple devices from anywhere.

I lost several times my phone but I have not had to worry because Prey keeps my information protected while I find it, also in case of theft I immediately notified the location, latest Wi-Fi connections and even pictures and so I will find my phone faster what I expected, is because Prey is an application with a great performance.

What Other IT Security solution do you use?

Prey review by Gabriella A.
Gabriella A.

"Prey of immediate tracking of devices! "

What do you like best?

I love this application called Prey because it traces my devices extremely fast showing me the exact location of where they are, it is very easy to configure and only requires a single account to associate 3 or more devices for their protection, their plans are very economic and the best thing is that it can be used for both personal and business life.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike about this great protection application for my home devices, so I consider it really very complete and efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prey offers great plans for very low costs and is ideal for personal as well as corporate protection, since it monitors data and broadcasts actions in large masses.

Prey is very useful for the protection of my home devices especially for my phone which I always carry with me, so having pre and I keep my mobile data protected and also working in real time I can know where it is My cell phone when I have lost it or in case of theft I can find it easily thanks to the photographic evidence that this great application gives me.

Prey review by Bhavna J.
Bhavna J.

"Prey review"

What do you like best?

You can set your own boundary zone so it only alerts you if a device leaves the zone you set. Being able to jump online to see the status of my PC's location is a very nice simple feature to have.

What do you dislike?

At some point, the software update system was broken and one of my devices' tracking stopped working. During that interval, the device was not protected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prey is stealthy and it is super easy to install and setup. So you must use it.

I started using it to track my tablets and laptops after one was stolen and it does its job but as I no longer need it anymore, I'm not using it now. It is a good tool.

Prey review by User in Higher Education

"It's a perfect safety net for my Apple Product Network"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that you can get photographic evidence of whoever has taken your phone/computer/tablet, and goes above and beyond the 'find my iPhone' app in customer support.

What do you dislike?

Similar to most tracking software - there is a requirement to be online, and an unfortunate refresh rate - which causes some technology to slip through the cracks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you have a whole network of technology - you really should upgrade to have devices - it's well worth it.

I am able to keep track of apple products and travelling technologies with a peace of mind knowing that students tend to be bad at returning items, or being responsible for them.

Prey review by Zafar S.
Zafar S.

"Idea of Protection "

What do you like best?

I live in Chicago in one of the areas with the highest thefts in the entire city, so I downloaded prey to make sure that I am safe from this kind of theft.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to set up my account and when I first downloaded it and tried signing in online, it didn't recognize that I had downloaded the app on my phone even when opening the app itself.

It ensures that if my phone was to get stolen, a picture of the person who stole it could be taken and would make identifying the thief much easier.

Prey review by Ashley A.
Ashley A.

"Handy device tracking and security tool"

What do you like best?

This is an excellent tool to look out for when you have your devices at an offsite location. So easy to track where it is, its status: offline or online and also when it was last seen active.

What do you dislike?

The free version lets you add only 3 devices per username used for signing up.

I have been protecting my critical data stored in laptops that are at the offsite locations. These laptops stay at sites where they collect data based on user entry and sign up.

Learning about Prey?

* We monitor all Prey reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.