4.3 out of 5
Do you work for Pixlr?

Pixlr Reviews & Product Details

What is Pixlr?

3D design, engineering, and entertainment software and services.

Pixlr Profile Details

1-50 of 323 total Pixlr reviews
Pixlr review by Mario R.
Web Designer
(Myself Only)

"Great editor compatible with mobile"

What do you like best?

The best of pixlr is that it has many advanced features of applications that are to edit images on desktop, although it seems unimportant is something difficult to see in applications in the cloud because it is much more complicated to create them to be more limited by browsers.

Another thing that I really like is that the mobile version works very well, it really is the same as the browser but being a mobile device one expects it to work worse due to CPU limitations but to my surprise everything works very well.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that when the mouse cursor enters the application it goes slower, it looks like lag, although it is not an exaggeration if it is a bit annoying. This problem as far as I could verify does not exist in the mobile version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you try Pixlr and decide for yourself, the application can be tested for a limited time but it is enough to learn how it works and decide if it is what you are looking for, personally it seems a good application to do simple things, for something more advanced better you should look at desktop applications since they work more fluently and are more powerful for editing larger images.

With this application I make most of my simple editions, by simple I mean, cut images, add text or filters, rotate images etc .. for these tasks the application works very well and does not give any problem as expected.

Pixlr review by Joseph H.
Owner
Media Production

"I can't believe it's free!"

What do you like best?

I love how intuitive the tools are. Take the burn tool, for example. I've been designing my own tattoos and the burn tool is great for shading! The Spot Heal is extremely effective at removing blemishes. Great for profile photos. The Paint Bucket early finds borders and can completely change the color of walls (which came in handy when I was having my dining room painted). The magic wand is truly magic, because you can adjust the tolerance level to fine tune exactly where you want select inside your image. If I didn't already use a subscription to a well-known cloud collection of design tools, I could easily replace it with Pixlr.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is geared toward PC users. On some tools (the Clone tool, for example), it instructs you to use CTRL-Click to select your clone area, but it's actually CMD-Click on a Mac. Honestly, though, how can you complain about an absolutely amazing (and did I mention FREE) graphic editor?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering purchasing software or a subscription, but you don't need anything spectacularly professional, Pixlr is definitely the way to go. Why get locked into a full year of expensive monthly payments if you can do everything you need ... for FREE.

With Pixlr, I save a lot of time with certain tools that are much more intuitive than those of the expensive software I use (no names mentioned). Both editors have their advantages, but if I am looking for a quick fix and don't need anything spectacular, this is where I go.

Pixlr review by Brian T.
Web Designer

"Great cloud app"

What do you like best?

I have been using Pixlr for 1 year and 7 months, in all this time I have edited hundreds of images to add texts, cut images, apply filters etc ... and Pixlr has always responded to my expectations correctly and professionally.

Technically it is a powerful application to be programmed in flash (although this part has its negative points as explained below) and allows to do many things that until now were only available for desktop applications.

Another thing that I like about Pixlr is that you can use your images in the cloud and then share them on social networks in a very simple way.

What do you dislike?

What I did not like is that the application is created in flash, so it forces you to install the flash plugin, an obsolete technology that gives many security problems. The application is also somewhat complicated to learn to use, although it is very powerful when you get used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you to use Pixlr in your company if you need a simple application to edit your photos quickly and without complications, also Pixlr offers you a free version of trial and another payment at a great price.

We need an image editing application that allows us to add texts and apply filters to images in a quick and simple way that also offers a professional result for a fair price, with Pixlr we have found what we were looking for.

Pixlr review by Darrel S.

"Great online editor"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Pixlr is the ease of editing pictures in the cloud, mainly using Pixlr for quick editing of images such as adding text, cropping, resizing or applying filters to photos. Technically the application is very simple and visually beautiful, it allows you to make the most basic retouching in a simple way which is very useful if you are not fond of editing.

I will summarize what I liked best about Pixlr below:

- The basic image editing is very easy with Pixlr

- Being online you can access pixlr from anywhere and platform

- Support for desktop, iPad or smartphone editing

- If you edit a personal photograph you can share it easily in your social networks since you can link your account with facebook or twitter

What do you dislike?

The only negative of Pixlr, although I would not say that it is bad, but that is created on purpose in this way, is that being too simple there are somethings that one can not do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Pixl if you need an application to edit your images quickly and easily (in just a few clicks). If you also do not want to pay any type of license you can use Pixlr for free.

In my workplace I use Pixlr to edit images to which I need to make some simple retouching and I need a quick and easy way to do that for example with an editor like GIMP or Krita would take me more time.

Pixlr review by Erik M.
Owner
(Myself Only)

"Amazing Photo Editing on your mobile device"

What do you like best?

It has most of the photo-editing features of Photoshop all conveniently designed to work on my Android. I adjust levels, values, curves, and can add text, filters, or draw on my photos.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were different brush options for the paint mode and a broader range of simple filters packaged in to the app.Right now, there are many filters I never use that I ave to scroll through. I imagine not many people use many of the filter options and end up creating their own since they are so limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are weary of Google products such as Snapseed I highly recommend Pixlr. It is easy to use, a fast download, and doesn't take up much space on your phone or require obnoxious permissions.

Being able to edit photos for my business' Instagram on my phone is very important tome, and Pixlr has allowed me to achieve that.

Pixlr review by Miguel B.
Fotógrafo autónomo
(Myself Only)

"Fast and efficient photo editing with Pixlr"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Pixlr is its ease of use. By loading the app we can select several options, from opening an existing file to a new one, for those of us familiar with Photoshop we will not have problems here. Something that we must keep in mind is that Pixlr works with Flash, so we must have activated the plugin in our browser.

Already within the interface, we can see the great resemblance to the Adobe program, so we will not have problems in adapting to it. Obviously it has its limitations in terms of options, but if we want to do a quick edit online or we do not have the computer at hand, it will be very useful.

PIXLR is a platform that offers us a large family of applications for editing and manipulating photos. It allows us to make adjustments and corrections of images, apply effects, text, etc. Once treated our image we can save it in different formats (JPEG, PNG, TIFF and Bitmap), we can also share it on Facebook, Twitter or send it by e-mail

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like very much is that to get more effects we must pay

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to all the photographers and those who are not because it will be very useful to edit their photographs and give them a professional touch

As a photographer I like to have applications on my pc and on my mobile phone that will help me to improve my work and improve it. Pixlr is one of those applications that has been very useful for me. On some occasions I have needed to edit a photo very quickly and this application has allowed me to do so. It is fast, simple and efficient.

Pixlr review by Mariana S.
Graphic Designer

"A very powerful online photo editor"

What do you like best?

It has advanced features that have nothing to envy to a desktop editor. The interface is perfect and the simplicity of use means that anyone can do jobs in a short time.

What do you dislike?

Until now I have no complaints about this product. I found it incredible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using this editor for some time and I can say that it has improved considerably. Every time it has more advanced functions that I find it incredible that a web application can almost equal a desktop application. The advantages are enormous since it is not dependent on an installation of our computer. Very good.

In my work I use it as an alternative to Adobe Photoshop. I use it mainly for quick designs that are not complex at all and for designing banners for social networks.

Pixlr review by Brandon H.

"Best option for photo editing online"

What do you like best?

You can access anywhere and everywhere. Pixlr is an online graphic tool whic is multiplatform and easy to use. It has almost all options form Photoshop but online and free. You can import photos from your pc or from the cloud. They also offer you a lot of export option like social media or file exporting.

What do you dislike?

If you are used to Photoshop some keybinds are different and this wont help your productivity. The text option do not offer a lot of customization. Being an online tool sometimes it lags because of the servers

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will help you to create or edit whitout installing anything. Even for proffesional graphic designers I recomend it because sometimes you have to make small edits and using Pixlr you will save time

I used for quick photo edits or for small art creations. I also used when I did not have acces to my personal pc where I have Photoshop installed

Pixlr review by José Gregorio R.
Empleado de Servico Tecnico

" Photo editor easy to use and efficient way."

What do you like best?

Pixlr is a very effective tool because it allows you a wide variety of resources available when editing or working with the design of photos or images. Being very complete the application with respect to the issue of edition, has a wide variety of categories and forms of editing, is very easy to use, unlike other applications that make the editing of photos or images somewhat complicated. The Pixlr page design is very nice and it has a very good experience when it comes to using it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that disguises me about Pixlr is that when loading a very heavy image due to its resolution, it takes a while to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it totally, it is a very efficient and complete tool, it gives you a great variety of categories and options for your designs, easier and more comfortable to find the tools you need, since your page design is effective and agile. This is one of the best applications for the design of your images or photos.

Well, it helps me a lot because it allows me an easy access to the moment I want or need to use it, it is very easy for me the edition and the design that I want to give to my photos or images. I use it to make designs that I need in my work, I do not have to pay for its use, and with only having a PC and Internet I can use the application instantly.

Pixlr review by Nicolas P.

"Excellent free software editing!!"

What do you like best?

I like its accessibility and lightness of load, it helps me a lot for the editions or redimensions when a superior device is not available, it can be configured in a large instrument both for help, as for the simple applications that do not complicate too much with a software More professional. What I like the most is that it emulates the generality of the main functions of Photoshop, all with a web app. If you know how to use Photoshop, but can not access it for any reason, use Pixlr, you will not regret it.

What do you dislike?

The only downside that I can place this software is that being online, the promptness of it depends on the Internet connection, so if you use when you are out of place is slow, waiting times can be somewhat exasperating when loading a heavy portrait. Some of its limitations in its filters and advanced design options, do not let it be a software of the most professional, however with some updates it could optimize enough and have better range as editing software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not need something specific and specific to Adobe Photoshop, Pixlr will satisfy all your needs. However, if you are a professional designer I do not recommend Pixlr, since it is not as fluid as Photoshop. It does not need installation, it is free and you can use it in the place you want and whenever you want while you have an internet connection. The opportunity to customize the toolbox is essential when parking your icons.

The problems that can arise when you have to do a job and you get caught outside and you happen to have not taken the computer. You can execute a job at a given moment and save your task. Since the utensil is easy to use, it is less dependent on the technical device and therefore it is easier for the company to know how to use it in different departments. I have consumed this software myself to execute some of the graphics of the company HVMN Studio.

Pixlr review by Camila M.

"Excelente editor de fotografías en linea "

What do you like best?

Lo completo que es el programa a un solo click de distancia, con Pixrl no hace falta que instales ningún programa, está disponible al instante y es mucho más completo de lo que cualquiera esperaría de un servicio web, con soporte a capas, máscara de capas, historial, una infinidad de filtros y ajustes de niveles curvas y exposición, además de excelente herramientas de selección.

Ademas incluye una excelente herramienta para el movil en su versión PRo.

What do you dislike?

El gran problema de pixlr es cuando necesitas trabajar con imágenes de muy alta resolución o en CMYK, en estos casos una herramienta nativa instalada en el ordenador es mas recomendable, pero si el uso principal es para la Web, Pixlr funciona perfectamente.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prueben también Gimp que es una herramienta nativa y funciona mejor para colores que no sean RGB o imágenes de mucha resolución.

Principalmente ediciones rápidas de fotografias para paginas webs y redes sociales tanto de clientres como de la propia empresa.

Pixlr review by Roberto G.

"Editor online sencillo, eficaz y gratis"

What do you like best?

Me gusta su accesibilidad y velocidad de carga, me ayuda mucho para ediciones o redimensiones cuando no se dispone de un equipo mejor al alcance, se converte en una gran herramienta tanto de emergencia, como para ediciones sencillas que no quieras complicarte mucho con un programa mas profesional.

What do you dislike?

En comparación con otros editores quizás tenga menos herramientas que otros, y al poder ser trabajado en linea, puede que su rendimiento no vaya tan fluido como otros programas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Esta herramienta es muy recomendable, ya que es totalmente gratuito y se accede muy fácil al ser online, tambien consta de versiones de escritorio y de telefono movil, para poder disfrutarlo en más plataformas, es un programa sencillo que es muy util a la hora de ediciones rápidas y urgentes, puede darnos muchas soluciones futuras.

Me ayuda mucho a poder realizar trabajos y ediciones de manera rápida y sencilla. A la hora de realizar cualquier trabajo, solo tengo que entrar en la web de pixlr y ya puedo trabajar con el programa, lo que me da una gran facilidad a la hora de acceder a dicha herramienta desde cualquier lugar.

Pixlr review by Laura C.

"Photoshop nel browser"

What do you like best?

Pixlr mi offre la flessibilità di modificare in vari formati di immagine come .jpg, .gif e png. Lo consiglio più di photoshop in una certa misura. La parte migliore del sito è quello di Dopo aver visitato il sito per la prima volta, è possibile iniziare a modificare la vostra immagine senza registrare un account o l'installazione di un singolo plugin. L'applicazione è programmata utilizzando Flash e ha una gamma di funzionalità che si vedrebbe in un costoso programma di vendita al dettaglio.

What do you dislike?

Mancano alcune caratteristiche di photoshop ed è un po' più difficile passare da una all'altra, ma questo ci si aspetterebbe da un servizio gratuito. La libreria dei font è di difficile accesso. È difficile vedere tutti i font disponibili semplicemente scorrendo. Non è possibile aprire o modificare i file pxd in photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Non è un fine tutto ed è tutto per il fotoritocco, ma è abbastanza facile per i non professionisti da usare al volo con buoni risultati piuttosto cupi. L'ho raccomandato agli altri. Crea foto più chiare e facili da visualizzare per l'utilizzo su social media, siti Web e così via.

Ci sono momenti in cui sono in movimento e ho bisogno di fare qualche rapido lavoro grafico e questo sembra colpire il bersaglio. Se ho bisogno di semplicemente cancellare uno sfondo, fare un po 'di ridimensionamento o alcune texture veloci, questo è un ottimo strumento. È bello e comodo da usare e se sei un utente nativo di Photoshop è facile da imparare perché è molto simile.

Pixlr review by Gracia P.

"Potenza di un'applicazione desktop in una pagina Web"

What do you like best?

Mi piace molto la comodità dell'app desktop. L'applicazione desktop è facile da usare, anche per chi non ha molta esperienza di fotoritocco. Per la maggior parte dei miei utenti che hanno solo bisogno della capacità di ritagliare, regolare l'illuminazione e guarire una situazione di macchia o occhi rossi, è perfetto. Mi piacciono gli strumenti "veloci" e uso spesso la sezione "affinare".

What do you dislike?

La possibilità di aprire una sola foto alla volta è una sorta di battito cardiaco. Spesso mi viene inviato un batch di foto che hanno tutte bisogno delle stesse modifiche fatte, illuminazione, ritaglio, ecc Non mi piace dover aprire ogni e salvare piuttosto che aprire tutti in una volta e scorrendo attraverso di loro rapidamente, chiudendo come ho finito le modifiche. Quando ho bisogno di fare questo, spesso torno a usare la versione online, che permette questo. Consente anche l'uso di livelli e più strumenti simili a photoshop. Gli strumenti veloci nella versione desktop funzionano, ma sono difficili da perfezionare. Ad esempio, quando si utilizza lo strumento "guarisci", non è possibile "annullare" una singola modifica e invece è necessario accettare o rifiutare tutte le modifiche in una sola volta, quindi la rimozione di un certo numero di imperfezioni richiede molto tempo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Raccomando vivamente di usare Pixlr per il fotoritocco! È semplice, gratuito e facile da usare.

È stato fantastico risparmiare sui costi e sulla formazione evitando di acquistare licenze Photoshop complete per ogni utente che ha bisogno di abilità di editing di base. La realtà della nostra attività è che abbiamo bisogno della grana fine per gli utenti con un tempo di formazione limitato e attenzione.

Pixlr review by Ana M.

"Alternativa gratuita a Photoshop"

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta es que emula la mayoría de las funciones principales de Photoshop, todo con una aplicación web. Si sabe cómo usar Photoshop, pero no puede acceder a él por alguna razón, use Pixlr, no se arrepentirá. Sus funciones son gratuitas y todo en una misma pagina web. No se puede pedir más!!!

What do you dislike?

Que no tiene tantas herramientas como otros programas de pago, simplemente no tiene la misma calidad y tantas herramientas pero supongo que es por eso que es gratis !! Así que no me desagrada nada en particular porque realmente es muy bueno para ser algo completamente gratis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si quieres aprender Adobe Photoshop pero no tienes el dinero para el programa o la suscripción, o tal vez tu propio ordenador, ¡utilice Pixlr para aprender! ¡Es muy similar a Photoshop!

Utilizo Pixlr en casos de emergencia en los que no tengo acceso a Adobe Photoshop y necesito hacer algo lo antes posible, por lo que es una especie de software de respaldo de emergencia.

Pixlr review by Angelino P.
Diseñador gráfico

"Pixlr: Photoshop desde el navegador."

What do you like best?

Cuando no tengo Photoshop en un ordenador, Pixlr Editor es una solución web que hace todo lo que necesito. Incluso tiene los mismos atajos de teclado que usa Photoshop, lo que hace que la experiencia de usarlo sea casi exactamente la misma.

Lo mejor de todo es que Pixlr es totalmente gratuito, pudiéndolo usar cualquiera.

What do you dislike?

No es tan fluido como Photoshop, pues Pixlr se ejecuta desde el navegador. Además, no tiene compatibilidad con plugins. Al ser un producto de otra empresa, no cuenta con el mismo soporte que tiene Photoshop por parte de Adobe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si no necesitas algo especial y específico de Adobe Photoshop, Pixlr satisfará todas tus necesidades. Sin embargo, si eres diseñador profesional no recomiendo Pixlr, ya que no es tan fluido como Photoshop.

Dado que la herramienta es fácil de usar, se es menos dependiente del equipo técnico y por tanto es más fácil que en la empresa sepan utilizarla distintos departamentos. Yo mismo he usado este software para realizar alguno de los gráficos de la empresa Q-tech.

Pixlr review by Ben M.
Artist

"Free Photoshop Lite."

What do you like best?

Pixlr is an indispensable tool for people who have an on the go workflow and need to budget. Pixlr has browser based applications that are robust enough to do simple edits that can not be done on a regular preview like app. To work through the browser window can be ideal for when the work needs to be completed on a device that does not or can not run photoshop or other similar image editing software.

What do you dislike?

Flash is a non-standard these days and their adherence to these outmoded plugs-ins should be rectified. If in the future HTML 5 is introduced as the backend for the site, then this will really be competitive in not only the desktop User experience but as a mobile web app.

Pixlr's User Interface is quite similar to Adobe Photoshop, but there are many functions and features that do not work in the same way that they do in Photoshop. At times buggy and can crash with a heavy processing load. But this is negated by the acceptance that free software should have limited expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flash implementation is clunky, if you are able to, consider Photoshop CS6 for long term use.

Needing a photo editor when none is available to use, since this is browser based I can run on most desktop/laptop computers (With Flash). I have been able to complete simple projects while on the run, using a USB backup drive and Pixlr's cloud based photo editor.

Pixlr review by Pablo M.
Sales Specialist

"El mejor editor de video online"

What do you like best?

La primera, y principal característica es que no tienes que descargar nada, por lo que podemos acceder desde cualquier dispositivo y en cualquier lugar. Se podría decir que tienes tu herramienta de trabajo en la nube. Es un programa bastante intuitivo, y si tienes ciertos conocimientos de diseño como por ejemplo en photoshop, no te resultará nada del otro mundo usarlo a la perfección. Tiene un montón de opciones y lo sorprendente es que está en la web.

What do you dislike?

La unica pega que le puedo poner a este programa es que al ser online, la velocidad del mismo depende de la conexión a internet, por lo que si la que usas cuando estas fuera es lenta, los tiempos de espera pueden ser algo desesperantes al cargar una imagen pesada.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No necesita instalación, es gratis y puedes usarlo donde y cuando quieras mientras que tengas conexion a internet. La posibilidad de personalización del cuadro de herramientas es fundamental a la hora de localizar tus iconos.

Los problemas que te pueden surgir cuando tienes que hacer un trabajo y te pilla fuera y da la casualidad que no te has llevado el ordenador. Puedes realizar un trabajo en un momento dado y conservar tu trabajo.

Los beneficios son muchos, a parte del anterior, que es un programa muy completo para ser online, y gratuito, Pixlr no tiene nada que envidiar a un programa de pago como el de Adobe.

Pixlr review by David D.
Automotive

"El mejor editor de fotos en la nube"

What do you like best?

Un editor de fotografías muy completo en la nube, sin necesidad de instalar nada, todo lo que necesitas es un navegador, una conexión de Internet y tienes un "photoshop lite" en tus manos en pocos segundos... ¿Cómo no amar ese software? Tenemos Photoshop y otros editores de imagen comerciales y aún así lo utilizamos para sacarnos de apuros cuando no estamos delante del equipo principal. Ademas la facilidad de entrar en la pagina y usarlo hace con que probarlo y ver si te sirve o no sea lo más fácil.

What do you dislike?

Su gran ventaja es también su desventaja, un software en la nube jamás tendrá el mismo desempeño de un programa nativo instalado en el ordenador. Sería útil que disponibilizar también una versión nativa del programa para instalación, pero eso ni siempre va de acuerdo con el modelo de negocio SAAS (software as a service - en la nube) y puede que sea difícil conciliar ambas versiones por temas de planes y suscripción.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No piensen 2 veces, es gratis y en la nube!

Sacarnos de apuros cuando no estamos delante del equipo principal.

Pixlr review by chris b.
VP Human Resources
Government Administration

"You're More Creative Than You Think!"

What do you like best?

Pixlr is simply awesome. Easy to use, forgiving and exceptionally flexible. If you don't have experience with editing software Pixlr has you covered. Tools are laid out intuitively and it's easy to see, at a glance, what might help you achieve your goals. The help functions are also very user-friendly. Pixlr has been absolutely indispensable for me and I highly recommend it.

What do you dislike?

It's a little tough to come up with any 'dislikes', I find the color-picker and color-matcher a little challenging, probably because I seldom use them...a quick "how to" demo would be useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If Photoshop scares you a little you'd be well advised to check out Pixlr. It's a free online tool which will likely give you all you need for your visual projects. You don't need to be an artist either...an artist's eye certainly helps, but this program is quite friendly and easy to use...and, you'll be impressed with the results!

Pixlr has really helped us improve the quality of promotional announcements and advertisements - both online and printed/finished products. Pixlr offers such great flexibility and enables me to customize marketing materials quickly and professionally.

Pixlr review by Isabela C.
Designer Assistant

"Amazing option for professional edition features with excelente quality."

What do you like best?

Very friendly, with awesome professional features, i can definitely trust in Pixlr editor. It haves the most of PS tools and its a free online editor from Pixlr, you can use from your pc and your mobile device. For people that need to practice or do some emergency adjusts to a pic you can do it on Pixlr. I think its very friendly and not heavy to the ram, depends on your browser.

What do you dislike?

You can find very useful and practical but its limited, obviously we're talking about free software with a lot of function, but its a really solid option to work with being totally honest. The thing about ads around the Web Editor its just a minimal issue, nothing to have in a negative consideration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend this tool not just for beginners, even for professional workers that just can't count with the PS software anytime and also just need to make some adjustment. Also recommend the other editor services provides by Pixlr company.

Definetely the strong postive factor its about get the most Photoshop features for free, and with even less problems running than PS that can be sometimes very problematic, good reasons to learn how to be a professional editor and a great designer, no matter whats your device, or where, you just can use Pixlr tools to manage different kind of projects.

Pixlr review by Chante' B.
Owner/Designer
Higher Education

"Just as good as the other guys"

What do you like best?

I like that it has a free web-based application that you can use as well that has just about all of the features of a full-blown version. AND it can be used from any browser. I also like that you can upload files from anywhere as well as web images and edit them right in place. Some of the draw tools are just as good as the draw tools in an actual illustrating program.

What do you dislike?

Unless you know Photoshop or another extensive photo editing software, it can be cumbersome to use at times and the location of some of these tools are in some inconspicuous places. Apparently, it is not that easy to upload a screenshot and place it on the editor though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You really can not go wrong with this tool. The applications provided in this software are rival to others.

I use it for not only photo editing, specifically renderings. But I also use it for graphics creating such as brochures, illustrations, and other high-resolution graphic art pieces. I also recommend it to my students as a low-cost alternative to their graphics editing needs.

Pixlr review by Rafael M.

"Editor Gráfico version web y app gratuito y genial"

What do you like best?

Pixlr es una herramienta de edición de imágenes totalmente gratuita en la web. No hay cargos ocultos y los usuarios pueden emplearlo incluso para uso comercial. Esto lo convierte en una solución rentable especialmente para artistas independientes y pequeñas empresas.

Pixlr puede ejecutarse en cualquier navegador en cualquier sistema operativo lo que lo hace muy versatil para usar en cualquier navegador en cualquier PC.

What do you dislike?

Al ser web es algo limitado, pero su precio y velocidad hacen de esta un problema menor

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pixlr puede tener una gran cantidad de herramientas para los procesos de edición complejos, pero también tiene herramientas para correcciones rápidas. Esto lo hace conveniente para aquellos que desean hacer retoques rápidos en las imágenes.

Lo uso como editor en navegadores si es para algo rápido que puedo hacer con sus funciones sin necesidad de cargar otro software mas pesado, simplemente accediendo a la web.

Pixlr review by Mario V.

"Muy práctico tener un programa web para edición tan completo"

What do you like best?

Pixlr es una poderosa herramienta que permitirá incluso a los usuarios más novatos desarrollar obras de arte a partir de una variedad de tipos de archivos. Completo con un complemento completo de herramientas, las imágenes personales y más pueden ser mejoradas y editadas usando una variedad de filtros y efectos.

What do you dislike?

Algunas de sus limitaciones en sus filtros y opciones de diseño avanzado, no dejan que sea un programa de los más profesionales, aunque con algunas actualizaciones podria mejorar bastante y tener mejor rango como programa de edición.

Recommendations to others considering the product

El editor de imágenes Pixlr está disponible como una aplicación basada en flash a través de un navegador web estándar. Esto significa que cualquier persona que utilice un sistema informático compatible con flash e Internet puede utilizar la aplicación.

Edición y de posters, fotografias y demas documentos gráficos cuando necesito algo rapido y accesible como es este programa.

Pixlr review by George Z.

"My go-to use anywhere high powered quick access editor!"

What do you like best?

It's web based so I can use it with my chrome book, windows, macOS, tablets - almost anything with a browser. It's feature rich and can open Adobe file formats. It also has Drive integration that works pretty well. Being able to load from my computer or a url is awesome

What do you dislike?

I've not had any dislikes since they recently removed the 1/4 page ad that would sit to the right. It wasn't too big of a deal to be honest, it just distracted me and made me feel like I wasn't able to use my available real estate on screen. But again, they have removed it so there is nothing that stands out that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use the shortcuts. Whether windows, mac or chromebook, you'll probably trigger some other command instead of the ones in Pixlr

The ability to do quick modifications to images while on the go with my chromebook is the best take away. Even on my desktop, it's often easier to just open Pixlr in a website than open Adobe Photoshop or similar image.

Pixlr review by valentina l.
Diseñador de arquitectura

"the best tool to create and design in a versatile and practical way"

What do you like best?

As a designer I basically depend on tools like this, what I like the most is that it is very versatile when it comes to editing, its variety of templates gives me the advantage of giving me ideas and helping me to complement my work and ideas for designs

What do you dislike?

the only thing I do not like is that when you look for something, there is the background and everything else. and when the image weighs a lot it is usually pixeled, but the rest is very useful for me to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are a designer it is the best alternative, since it is not expensive and if you are starting in photoshop it will be very useful for you.

it helps me to design in a creative way since it has tools that facilitate everything to me when editing a photo or creating a logo for some publicity.

Pixlr review by Daniel M.

"Simple pero muy accesible editor"

What do you like best?

Con 2 click estas dentro del programa no necesita tiempo de carga, y lo mejor de todo que puedes acceder tambien por version web, es un programa mas sencillo que photoshop y demas programas potentes, pero cumple su funcion básica y sobre todo es muy bueno para principiantes, ademas lo mejor es que es gratis

What do you dislike?

Podrian añadir algunas opciones más para hacerlo mas completo a la hora de editar, como filtros y formas extra, pero en general por su precio cumple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo probarlo cuando se necesite un software de edición rápido y accesible como este para ediciones básicas en equipos que no disponga de otro software superior.

Ediciones básicas en navegadores cuando no disponia de nada mejor a mano, sobre todo recortes y redimensiones de tamaño de ultima hora, tambien se puede usar desde el movil lo cual lo hace super versatil.

Pixlr review by Mark D.
Manager

"Fantastic Free Photoshop Alternative!"

What do you like best?

The fact that I get many features of a full photo editing program for zero cost! I can pull it up from anywhere, on any browser, and do whatever I need with relative ease. Many of the computers in our workplace are not equipped with photo editing or graphic design software - as I move around the work environment I find myself using different computers throughout the day so it's nice to have an option I can use with minimal effort.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the ads but I understand why they're necessary with a free product. Luckily they're not intrusive.

There are a few features I'd like to see implemented but for basic photo editing and other graphic design it's more than sufficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cloud based editing and saving from any computer. What's not to love?

The fact that I can use this on just about any computer is perfect as not all of our computers are optimized for actual photo editing software. I can use it wherever I happen to be working.

Pixlr review by beth a.
Video/sound production

"Pixlr is great for photo touchups."

What do you like best?

I like Pixlr because it allows you to turn regular photos into professional looking photos. You can easily work in layer and edit a single portion of a photo. The filters that come with Pixlr are very professional looking. You can also edit the settings of the filters so that you can customize your own. You can run the software directly from your browser which is nice if you use multiple devices.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Pixlr offered more features in the software. The editing tools seem pretty basic. The filters are nice, but I wish you could save your own filters after you make the settings. I like how you can use the software in a browser, but I wish that they had a downloadable version that could be synced with the browser version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend others to try Pixlr, but I would not substitute it for a major editing software.

I use Pixlr to turn regular photos into professional photos.

Pixlr review by Michael M.
Event Company Co-Founder & Consultant (Trade Shows, Event Marketing, Festivals)
Events Services

"Pixlr For Online Graphics: Mobile, Fast , Fun & Easy"

What do you like best?

I like the mobile access app and from the desktop there is no need to even log in to get started with Pixlr. If they are tracking users on their PC, it is unapparent, and that browser based app makes it instantaneously accessible,... a user can simply can edit a pic & tweet or post to any social program from within the mobile version. I can quickly go to the web page and link to an online URL of a photo, or even use it while on the bus to work from my phone. Desktop offers two modes...one very simple GUI for quick edits, and a more sophisticated interface very similar to Adobe Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

Pixlr was created by Autodesk I believe, and maybe could use some additional quick editing tricks, templates, perhaps offer a paid tier etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is certainly worth a try...

Social Media can be augmented with a great array of filters, fonts, and focus cropping with much ease of use. Pixlrs is lightweight browser based client and I use it as often as needed, sometimes daily.

Pixlr review by Luis A.

"De lo mas sencillo y accesible en editores gráficos"

What do you like best?

Es una forma rápida y sencilla de mejorar las fotos sobre la marcha. Se puede acceder tanto en navegador como en version para el movil, para ser gratuito dispone de bastantes herramientas utiles para la mayoria de tareas gráficas.

lo mejor de todo es que es gratis y en dos clicks estas trabajando con el es muy rápido.

What do you dislike?

Es algo limitado en algunas opciones de filtros, pero por lo general cumple su funcion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es una forma rápida y sencilla de mejorar las fotos sobre la marcha. para principiantes es perfecto como alternativa al photoshop y demas editores más complejos.

Edición de fotos para tareas sencillas y rápidas gracias a su accesibilidad en cualquier plataforma, su arranque es muy rapido y directo con lo cual no tardamos nada en empezar a trabajar con el cuando lo necesitamos.

Pixlr review by Fernando C.

"Gratuito y Eficaz editor web"

What do you like best?

Me gusta el hecho de que Pixlr tiene una variedad de opciones para realzar la belleza de una fotografía u obra de arte. Es un software fácil de usar y muy versátil a la hora de crear el aspecto perfecto para su material.

What do you dislike?

Se podria mejorar para guardar fotos de aun mayor calidad, algunas opciones son algo mas limitadas que otros editores, pero tambien es debido a que es gratuito.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo que lo prueben ya que es una herramienta muy versatil y rápida capaz de ejecutarse en cualquier navegador corriente, y solo con entrar tendras un editor básico aunque con buenas funciones para realizar trabajos de edición gráfica.

Edición de documentos gráficos y archivos de diseño desde el navegador, lo uso para cosas sencillas ya que carga super rapido comparado con un editor profesional como photoshop.

Pixlr review by Rosa G.

"Solucion económica y efectiva de diseño gráfico en cualquier PC"

What do you like best?

La herramienta siempre se ha caracterizado por ofrecer una experiencia de edición de imágenes potente y de diseño divertido en una ventana de navegador web. Es una solución rápida y efectiva para editar en PC que no tengamos instalados buenos programas de edición, basta con loguearse y empezar a trabajar y editar.

What do you dislike?

Al estar integrado en web tiene sus limitaciones como es normal, ahora existe la version app y de escritorio que esta mejorando bastante la experiencia para este caso.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Naturalmente, los editores de fotos avanzados no querrán renunciar a su Photoshop (o herramienta equivalente) a toda prisa, pero para muchos usuarios Pixlr les ofrecerá precisamente las opciones de edición rápidas e intuitivas que necesitan, y todo ello de forma gratuita o económica.

Ediciones de fotos urgentes cuando no tenia mi PC con photoshop a mano

Pixlr review by Erin G.
Social Media Manager

"Great free alternative to Adobe Photoshop"

What do you like best?

I love that it's free and reasonably user friendly. If you learn how to use the program you can create original content for free! This program has a lot of support built in and there is ton of information on google and you tube to teach you anything.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything other than there is no crossover between Photoshop and pixlr. You have to learn how to do things differently. There isn't much I don't like about Pixlr.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great free alternative to Photoshop! Take the time to learn the program!

Being able to create original content without having to spend a lot of money of expensive programs with the same quality of work.

Pixlr review by Cristian M.

"Increible editor desde tu navegador simple y efectivo"

What do you like best?

una gran aplicación online gratuita que te permite editar fotos e imágenes. Contiene todas las herramientas básicas de estratificación y ajuste. Si se registra en el sitio, también puede guardar sus proyectos y plantillas.si no tienes acceso a photoshop, es un gran sustituto para tareas simples pero urgentes como eliminar el fondo, recortar, añadir texto o figuras. cool! su efecto "app" es muy parecido a instagram

What do you dislike?

Algunas limitaciones y ralentizaciones depende tambien de la memoria aunque no requiere muchos requisitos para una fluida utilización desde la mayoria de navegadores.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo que lo prueben ya que es gratuito y saca de muchos apuros, sobre todo emergencias de trabajo cuando te coje con otro equipo al del trabajo.

Resuelvo ediciones y diseños que sean sencillos y rápidos cuando no dispongo de un software pro en ese equipo

Pixlr review by Martha T.
Media and communications director

"Great for image editing and special effects"

What do you like best?

I like how easy Pixlr is to use and it offers a wide selections of special effects to add to your images. The filters look very professional and you can tweak individual settings to get exactly what you are looking for. The interface is also very nice to work with . It is user friendly and easy to learn. Pixlr also makes it easy to upload your final images to different social media sites.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you can not transform individual elements of your images. You also can not edit or manipulate objects once you insert them into your project. A lot of the free features require that you make an account which can be slightly annoying. I also do not like that you can not add filters or transform pieces of an image. When you add a filter it is only applied to the full image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pixlr is free and easy to try. i would recommend anyone looking for a simple special effect/filter software to give it a try.

I use Pixlr for image editing, manipulations and finale special effects. Pixlr makes these task very simple.

Pixlr review by Tim T.
Freelance Designer
Design

"The only/best free cloud version of Photoshop I can find"

What do you like best?

If I'm ever on a computer that doesn't have Photoshop, or PS is being buggy on my computer, I always turn to Pixlr. It's saved my butt on multiple occasions. Even between years of use, it's earned a permanent spot in the back of my mind to use when the occasion requires. Obviously it doesn't have every feature of Photoshop, but I haven't yet *needed* something that wasn't available on Pixlr. Keyboard shortcut support and the ability to use layers are among my favorite features and things I wasn't expecting. I also like that I can open images from a URL. It makes sense because it's a cloud editor and I shouldn't have to save an image to my computer first.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really. It takes me a little bit longer to complete tasks but that's only because I only need it for emergency situations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best Photoshop-alternate cloud solution.

It's a lightweight tool I can pull up and use on any computer for quick edits instead of having to wait for PS or be stuck unable to do a task for a client or coworker.