Open English Reviews & Product Details

Open English Overview

What is Open English?

Open English provides online English school in Latin America and in the U.S. Hispanic market. The company was founded in 2007 to reinvent the way to teach English, while meeting needs of today’s busy professionals. The online school offers personalized, live classes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with teachers who are all native English speakers.

Open English Details

Open English
2007
Coconut Grove, FL
@OpenEnglish
1,376 employees on LinkedIn®
Answer a few questions to help the Open English community
Have you used Open English before?

Open English Reviews

Showing 15 Open English reviews
Already have Open English?
Gerente
What do you like best?

What I like about OpenEnglish is a tool for my English learning to improve every day a second and universal language but one of the things that makes it easier is that they not only have video calls but also written courses and others for one to learn a lot faster every day, a very complete tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the truth is I have nothing to criticize is an excellent page or rather is an excellent platform for my learning in English, and it is very simple the way you register and teach you English and more for people like us who want to undertake new adventures . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this platform to learn English to anyone who is interested in obtaining a better future, be it work, personal or to travel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has given me many benefits to venture into new experience every day I am meeting new people and other countries, I am the boy who ventures in different countries and OpenEnglish has been a very useful tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Data Analyst
What do you like best?

The real value of Open English, for me it is the possibility to discuss any topic apart of the professional related ones. I found all normal English courses a bit narrow mind; with Open English all the participants can bring any topic to the table. We don’t talk only about travel or business situations but also about politics and other funny topics, which can also be a profitable asset for business meetings. English is much more than soccer, travels and business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Due to the unlimited chances to discuss any topic, you have to invest a bit of effort in finding your right group. This way, you can enjoy the selected topic of learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I joined Open English with the idea of learning new topics in an open mind community. Since I started I have always had the opportunity to chase my initial target and diversify my topics of conversations for breaking the ice in international business meetings. Thanks Open English! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
Pharmaceuticals
What do you like best?

I needed to find an environment where my selling team can put into practice English selling technics before talking with a customer. At Open English, I found a learning group focused in selling for my employees. It is cheaper to pay them learning classes than let them fail with potential clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have to control the material that the teacher is using for the lessons as it is changing from time to time. I want to be sure that the material is good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Virtual learning to increase the language skills of my employees at Extheria GmbH. They can speak more fluently with the help of Open English. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

In today's global society business is increasingly being conducted across borders with English often being used as an international language of communication. The ability to use English in the workplace has a number of benefits including: Helping your company to succeed, building trust with colleagues and clients, building and improving international relationships, enhancing your skill-set and commanding a higher salary and enhancing international relationships through cultural understanding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It needs a internet connection and one individual can not access it offline. Sometimes internet connection is not available or poor, in that case we need to wait for the connection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To build successful relationships it is vital that you understand the different tones and styles that can be used in business contexts and have the ability to determine which is suitable. In our Task Knowledge sessions you work on your soft skills including how to effectively manage, persuade and negotiate in English. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

If you can speak English with confidence there is a good chance that you have either studied or experienced English culture to some extent. This cultural understanding can be valuable for employers who want to work with or sell to English speaking countries.

A good knowledge of English allows you to communicate effectively with international clients, helping them to trust you and your organisation resulting in strong and lasting business relationships Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The most attractive thing is that we don't have to join any coaching or academy for learning. Because if you are a working professional, you will not get the time to join any academy. Like for me, after my office hours I have to go for Gym and after that I have to prepare my dinner. So I am not getting sufficient time to improve my fluency in English. By using "Open English", I can practice any time. Like I am practicing it in the free time of my office hours or late night. 24*7 availability is the best part.

One more thing is very interesting is we can learn by playing multiple games and it also provides a very interactive session with the teachers. Teachers are the native ones which is very good thing, because they are getting the problems very easily and resolve them instantly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that is not in favour is that we can learn only online. Sometimes my internet is not working properly, then it is little difficult to manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I found it really good. You should try this too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

"Open English" was very useful for me. You can judge my English now by this review. I was facing some issues in the starting for writing official mails. But now, I am good at it and also keep learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Open English work as a community more than a language school for me. I am learning from teachers but I am also interacting a lot with other students. We exchange ideas, language material; we talk about everything and also about the homework. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometime we lose the focus very easily. Due to the flexibility of topics and the continuous interaction, the classes ended in very random circumstances. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Open-mind people exclusively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am learning languages in a relaxed platform where everyone can exchange their own thoughts. Open English is a platform without borders, without the fear of committing languages mistakes. It is a platform to experience, to fail and to finally learn. Everyone is welcome to exchange. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Asesor Comercial Especializado
What do you like best?

The best part without any doubt in my mind about this software is that improving and polishing my English skills is fundamental as an engineer and especially because my work field nowadays also involves sales, so

that just became even more important, of course I manage the basic skills of language but taking it to the next level was essential to me and to my company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a thing to add in this particular topic. It has been more than great to me, Open English! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please, just embrace the opportunities this software provides: you don't need to clear your busy schedule that much with it, you have online classes and you can schedule as you want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In my country since several years ago this software became extremely popular and used and that's basically why a lot of companies use it and the results I can for sure say are great! At work I'm an specialist in consulting for projects related with engineering and water processes, so most of things we buy are imported and as a leader in my area I need to contact the providers to check the specifications that are needed are the ones that they truly can offer and their equipment has, this providers only communicate in English basically and being able to improve as I said before those skills even more is just something awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Personal de Investigación en el área de Catálisis
What do you like best?

I can say for sure and without any sign of doubt in my mind that the most important and genuinely the best part of it is how this software can truly help you with the development of such a great skill like languages, and English for example which is at least for now the universal language manage all around the world is crucial for almost any professional no matter what is its profession to be able to speak it fluidly or at least understand it. Not to forget that is an online tool which means you have no excuse to purpose it or any factor that face to face classes involve like schedule with your busy agenda and things like that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any specific thing to mention because this has been an enlighten software for me, allowing me to continue the learning process of this language and polishing as I want it to be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take in consideration you can schedule your classes so really no excuse for the learning process, just do it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mainly as a mentioned before, as a full time University professor and researcher I can honestly say time is extremely important to me and kind of a difficult topic, so Open English was and still is the solution for this I can schedule my classes doesn't matter where I am; it might be in a congress and I can do at the Hotel or at home in any short period of free time or when I arrive home. It's a bless! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Commission Sales Associate
Apparel & Fashion
What do you like best?

method that is based on flexibility, you will have unlimited access to the platform 24 hours a day. You will have group or private classes every half hour and you will be able to advance your learning, as fast as you want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That i had to start with Spanish and Change it to English Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main reason I wanted to learn English was traveling. Thanks to Open English I can understand and express myself with people from other cultures. The best of all is that I can continue learning while traveling, at any time of the day and it help Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fast Food Worker
Restaurants
What do you like best?

English is my second language and this helped me improve it dramatically. It’s very easy to learn and adapt this helps me talk customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing bad to say about this app it’s very good and it was a learning experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Help communicate to people with different language than me and doing business with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

The live classes that Open English offers are informative, helpful, and gear towards all learning styles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interactive games, while fun, could include more challenging content. As they stand now, for an older English speak, the games/activities seem rather geared towards a younger audience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helping our non-English speakers, or limited English speakers pick up the language in an easy and comprehensive way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I think the mission statement for Open English and the service they try to provide is really cool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There’s not much that I dislike about Open English - it’s pretty great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a literary creature, I find that Open English helps discover the little em elements that helps me perfect myself in the sphere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT
What do you like best?

I think it's an advanced program for learning the English language, with the ease of having live teachers who handle the language completely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost is perhaps a little high and there are restrictions in my country regarding the acquisition of foreign currency. and the current change is quite high for personal costing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It benefits at the moment of expanding the knowledge of a foreign language that is common in different countries and that facilitates communication between different people at different levels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

nothing it is a fraud, they not allow you to cancel at any time and they do everyday charges Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

no way to cancel the service ones you are enroll they give you all the pretext to continue charging you to your credit card it look very unprofessional Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

none Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like that you can access the system 24/7 so it really allows fully flexible scheduling. Some of our employees do this during their lunch breaks while others opt to use it at night or during weekends. My husband is now using it in the early mornings before he goes to work. I have tried logging in with him to see how the system works and it is very effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have had about a dozen of our foreign staff (employees who have been sent here on assignments from our parent company's locations in other countries) use Open English and have not had any complaints yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As great as this system is, it will be a waste of your money if you (or your employees) do not commit to making full use of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This allows our foreign staff to hone their English language skills without disrupting their already full work schedules since they can log in at any time - day or night. I was initially skeptical about learning a language online but the technology allows them to actually speak to their teachers and practice their pronunciation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.