NumXL Reviews & Product Details

NumXL Overview

What is NumXL?

NumXL is a suite of time series Excel add-ins. It transforms your Microsoft Excel application into a first-class time series software and econometrics tool, offering the kind of statistical accuracy offered by the far more expensive statistical packages. NumXL integrates natively with Excel, adding scores of econometric functions, a rich set of shortcuts, and intuitive user interfaces to guide you through the entire process. NumXL comes packed with scores of functions that you can easily access through the function wizard in Excel, as well as several wizards and shortcut UIs to facilitate the time series analysis process and automate the most common steps (e.g. summary stats, modeling, calibration, diagnosis, forecast, and more.) (1) Description Statistics (2) Statistical Testing. (3) Correlogram Analysis (4) Date & Calendar calculation (5) Brown's, linear & Winter's exponential smoothing (6) ARMA/ARIMA/SARIMA & X12ARIMA (7) ARMAX/SARIMA-X (8) GARCH, E-GARCH & GARCH-M (9) MLR, GLM & PCA (10) Spectral Analysis: DFT, IDFT, HP, BK, convolution & Periodogram (11) Utilities: Interpolation, Regex, etc.

NumXL Details

NumXL Screenshots

NumXL Reviews

Showing 19 NumXL reviews
Already have NumXL?
What do you like best?

I am particularly interested in analysis and modelling statistical data, namely the time series. Particularly, I appreciate simple manipulation with data and consistency with many excel procedures. Also, the support documents, manuals and various tutorial type products, which NumXL provides to the clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sorry, I do not understand this question? Which problem are you addressing?

In case of NumXL I do respect this product in all its particular functions. In my view, this product is more that competitive with other price equivalent products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As already indicated - time series analysis, however also broad spectrum of regression analysis. Applications of statistics helped me to improve significantly values of my presentation - both publications as well as oral presentations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Analytics
What do you like best?

It is a tool with a very intuitive and easy to handle interface, with many functionalities, and also very reliable to create any type of graphic you want. In addition to its excellent functions and good system support, when presenting problems with the tool, it has a super receptive technical support that is responsible for giving immediate answers to the needs presented by users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not presented any inconvenience, and when I presented them, I was immediately attended by the technical support of the software and immediately responded to my request and my needs, therefore, I have no concerns to say about the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend to all organizations, so that they can carry out their calculations and statistics in an efficient and dynamic way and at the same time take it hand in hand with excel, NumXL allows you to apply advanced econometric analysis quickly and easily through its intuitive user interface in excel This tool allows you to perform various functions such as analyzing, building and forecasting the data and graphics presented in the organization. If your staff has previously used Excel, with NumXL it becomes faster and easier to adapt since its interface is almost similar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a tool that we use in the organization to reinforce Excel, we work together with the two because they are similar tools in functions. NumXL has helped us to work in a lighter and more dynamic way the part of analyzing, building, validating, testing and forecasting our graphs and calculations of all the operations that are carried out in the organization. With it we can make a follow-up of our models and at the same time make changes in the data and share among the members for some modifications that merit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
Education Management
What do you like best?

I love the compatibility of this software as well as the ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I legitimately cannot think of a single thing that I disliked about the system when I was using it in HR. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solutions included finding profitability in our F&B department as well as projecting next year's sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Director Economics & Policy
Food Production
What do you like best?

Easy interface, excellent support and lots of good white papers with easy to understand examples. Good software for basic, medium econometric needs at the business level. No programing necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of simultaneous equations and parameter restrictions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business forecasting, volatility forecasting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Entreprenuer
Research
What do you like best?

Simplicity, ease at operations and ease of interpretations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Less number of graphs and absence of neural network or random forest/ Support Vector Machine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

People can use it for user friendly way of simple statistical tool to complex analytics in one shot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using it as part of my regular academic research and not for any business purpose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I was initially looking for an Excel-based solution to perform seasonal adjustments on my economic time series as I found X-13 Arima-Seats to be very cumbersome and NumXL exceeded my expectations with its user-friendly add-in interface. I followed their online tutorials which usually comes with Excel spreadsheets to showcase how it’s done and everything worked very intuitively. The software comes with other tools that might come in handy (Descriptive Stats, Statistical Tests, Modeling, etc.) depending on the financial research topic / assignment you are working on. In my case, I also use multiple regressions often and I was happy to find out the software comes with a more advanced version of this Excel tool. It also allowed me while crafting my model to take decisions about variables to include or exclude based on one-click statistical tests such as the Multi-Collinearity test. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, the 1.63 Shamrock version seems stable and loads fast as you open your Excel. I am currently using Excel 2010 but the site states it works well with previous Excel versions. Also it does not seem to create any compatibility issue with the Bloomberg API. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I had a specific question that was not covered in the tutorials and I got an answer within 24h which proves NumXL is a developer listening to its customers and therefore worth purchasing the product from. Thanks again! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Seasonal adjustments of various economic time series for modeling purposes and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

NumXL is an extremely useful suite of statistical analysis tools that allow users to easily perform a wide set of tasks relevant to empirical work ranging from data summary to forecasting. The interface is intuitive and easy to use and the application is constantly being updated and further developed. The app itself deserves high praise as I do not think there is any comparable tool at least for Excel. However, in my opinion, the responsiveness and genuine customer service vocation of the team of developers is what sets NumXL apart from other Excel add-ins. The team behind NumXL is very eager to troubleshoot the app with a confused user (even late on a sunny Friday afternoon via phone) or to choose which features to add next based on customer surveys. Add to this a comprehensive set of white papers and examples and the result is an absolutely indispensable software for anyone doing empirical work using Excel (financial analysts, scientists, marketing analysts, journalists, office managers, supply chain managers, etc.). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing about NumXL I don't like. And whenever there is a feature I'd like to see, the development team of NUMXL tends to be very responsive to suggestions/requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enables me to forecast, estimate, and perform all sorts of relatively advanced statistical analyses within Excel and without having to send the data to other statistical software such as R or Stata Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Coordinator
Consumer Goods
What do you like best?

Very easy to work with, especially being a simple add-on in Excel. I can easily seasonally adjust all data, forecast, and more. The customer support is one of the best I have ever experienced, which has been a huge benefit. I have reached out with questions late on Sunday evenings and have gotten them answered immediately. Now that is customer support! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. At first it may seem complex, but the online tutorials and customer support literally walk you thru everything you need to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the free trial first. Watch the video tutorials and reach out to customer support with any questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working with many years of data for multiple sectors to seasonally adjust, find trends, and even forecast. I have come to realize how easy NumXL makes all of this with an easy to use add-on in Excel, along with top notch video tutorials and customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

FX
Capital Markets
What do you like best?

NumXL is a great software. It gives you the opportunity to manage complex calculations in a simple matter (GARCH, EGARCH, ARIMA to name a few) and it is very easy to apply the formulas on large sets of data. Very reasonably priced as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I actually never had any problems using the software and no dislikes. On one occasion I wanted a more thorough explanation of the formulas used and how they handled the data. This was provided to me very quickly by the support staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are many comprehensive guides on YouTube that explain the models and have step-by-step tutorials. If you need further support, you can just contact NumXL and receive very professional support no matter what questions you may have.

The program also allows you to customize the output that is sought after.

Regarding the support, it is the best I have experienced so far. The staff is very eager to help and offers detailed explanations through email, video conferences etc. They can even take a look at your spreadsheets and suggest changes, adjust problems that have occurred. Mohamad helped me in all my enquiries and was very professional.

Very reasonably priced as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used NumXL for volatility modeling with GARCH and EGARCH. The software offers even much more than I have tried so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great product with fantastic customer services.

User Friendliness is the foremost strength I reckon. Its functions are intuitive and easy to follow. Online tutorials are fantastic and videos are amazing. Customer service is outstanding and very good value for your money overall.

I reckon its a strong bridge between excel and any other sophisticated Statistical Software. Pure Statistical software could be expensive and intimidating to use. This one covers most of the high-end stats used generally.

I thoroughly recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Difficult question to answer. I would have to explore it lot more to something needed. That too if I could. For routine to advance statistical work, this is fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Though I am still using trial version, however I would happily pay for this service. This is MUST-HAVE add-in in excel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using it for my research work. It has expedited lots of my work. Excel suffers from lots of issues even in simple analysis like Linear regressions. For example, what happens to pairs with missing values? Excel has no way out to such a commonly occurring issue. NumXL does. which makes my coefficients robust. Simple and yet powerful tool. Could not explore lot more, but I am sure ill find lots of hidden treasures in it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Refined Products Trader
Oil & Energy
What do you like best?

The ease with which I can utilize each function in the program and the fact that they come with clear cut examples, explanations and tutorials. Best of all, it is all excel based, which is use extensively in my line of work for time series analysis. The speed at which complex calculations are performed is also a huge plus as far as excel add-ins are concerned (ARMA, Garch, PCA, Fourier). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Mohamad is constantly improving the product and very easy to communicate with from a service/troubleshooting perspective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would at least trial the product, go through all the YouTube videos and examples with documentation on the website. Very user friendly product and their support in helping with your more technical questions is always something great to fall back on worst comes to worst. Plus, you're not paying an arm and a leg for it, so that needs to be taken into consideration as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I do extensive data analysis and lots of ad-hoc number crunching studies in trading and research with regards to oil and energy markets every day. NumXL has been a tremendous benefit in my line of work, especially taking into consideration what the cost is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Business Operations
What do you like best?

I really enjoy the tutorials and education that the NumXL team puts together. More examples are always appreciated to fully appreciate these complex topics. Keep up the good work.

I like that they have videos and PDF files as well as example spreadsheets that I can download. There is also a numbe rof the videos on YouTube but that is blocked by my company so I have to watch at home.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wonder if there is an opportunity for NumXL staff to deliver even more value.

I watched the Fourier video as that aspect interests me. What was missing for me at the end of the video was a sense of its application. How can this technique be used? What value is there in the client learning and executing this process? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the free trial and review the videos and PDFs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time series analysis, forecasting, data analysis, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

great tool for a fraction of the price that you pay for 3rd party software providers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

no dislikes at the moment, it is designed to work well with inherent excel/vba functionality Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it is a great tool for modelling if you don't want to pay for an expensive software package. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

i create time series models, the benefits is that many of the maths that i need are automated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Professor of Finance
Higher Education
What do you like best?

NumXL continues to evolve by adding additional functionality, tools and econometric models. The software is easy to use, has excellent model documentation including sample models, and customer support is simply the best that I have ever experienced. When I have had questions, they are answered promptly and effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure there is anything to dislike about NumXL. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out the software and don't be afraid to ask Mohamad any questions you might have, technical or otherwise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time series econometric and statistical problems related to a variety of problems in financial economics. The greatest benefit of NumXL is access to state of the art econometric models from within Excel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Workforce mgmt & business analist a.i.
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

The easyness of use is great. I also like the extended youtube tutorials and bootcamps that'll get you up to speed in no time. The customer service is second to none, an example for many around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything I partcularly dislike about this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Customer service is great on this product and new releases are frequent, adding new and improved functionality on an ongoing basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I mainly use NUMxl for forcasting purposes. Forecasting is made easy and straightforward by this tooling. Saving you lots of time and giving remarkable accuracy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Non-Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Heaps of functionality, very easy to use (even for a non-expert) and a level of customer support that is truly exceptional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I've found that I don't like yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm using it to assist with the creation of trend and seasonally adjusted series for regional economic data. NumXL has made the whole process a lot quicker and more accurate. I'm using it most days so it's saving me a ton of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Socio Director
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

You can apply very sofisticated models for forecasting in Excel, all the calculations are transparent for you and the results are very easy to visualice. Furthermore you get tips and tutorial with examples that are very helpful to decide what is the best model to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I have no issues to complain or dislike, Mr Mohamad is continuosly improvement the application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working with diferent inventory management models, in wich forecasting is an important input for the model. Forecasting accuracy is a key for good Inventory Management. NumXL is an excellent tool for this purpose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Research
Financial Services
What do you like best?

NumXL's customer service is fanatically good -- this is critical for any end user to come up to speed on the product. I use many Excel add-ins, but what I like about NumXL is its user-friendly design and uncommon functions (like AIC, SBIC, and Fourier transform). I use it every day, and it's a great value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike about NumXL. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I do time-series analysis every day, and I'm using NumXL every day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the system and the diversity of tests available with more coming online. I primarily got the system for PCA but have found myself using most of the other options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. Outlier treatment will be helpful when it arrives. . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Timeseries analysis of data and modelling. The benefits have been from being able to do these tests quickly on excel data. Without a strong coding background, it has saved a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for NumXL?