Network Solutions Reviews & Product Details

Network Solutions Overview

What is Network Solutions?

Network Solutions pioneered the service for creating and acquiring specific "web addresses" (known as domain name registration), and today offer a full range of Web-related services. In addition to domain name registration, we offer Web site design and hosting, e-commerce solutions, online security products, and search engine marketing and optimization.

Network Solutions Details

3,473 employees on LinkedIn®

Network Solutions Screenshots

Network Solutions Reviews

Showing 34 Network Solutions reviews
Already have Network Solutions?
AH
What do you like best?

At the time of using Network Solutions, they offered free privacy with domains which I really enjoyed (probably not longer available). Like most similar companies, Network Solutions offers domain purchasing, web hosting, and website creation. Their DNS services section is designed in a nice manner, I do appreciate the simplicity of updating A or M records. Other than that, there has not been much that Network Solutions has done to impress me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They're expensive. Average price of a domain is $50 compared to places like GoDaddy which is $20. When its a yearly fee, those $50 add up over time for multiple domains. Their UI is a bit tricky to navigate but they have been making updates these past few years to improve it. When I first started using Network Solutions, the renew domain function was difficult to find. The site would give me a notification that made it seem like I had to pay and extra fee for autorenew, but eventually I found the toggle switch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the issue of keeping our domains in house instead of relying on somebody else to maintain them for us. It let us save a lot of money in maintenance fees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Their support reps are very kind but also very misguided. In all honesty they are yes men and unless you are technically minded you will be pushed in the wrong direction or easily swayed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not sure where to even start this review. Please know that this is not mean spirited, I just never want anyone to go through what we have been through. Our website was down for 2 weeks. We made multiple calls to support, each time being informed that it was a Network Solutions issue and that our issue would be "escalated." This was the final straw after a long string of offenses and left us so wounded we decided to finally switch our provider. We called NS for guidance on the transfer process because we were so badly burned by them we wanted to do our diligence and make sure that things would go well. We were informed that first we needed to update our email credentials so that all notifications would go to the technical person handling the transfer so we did so. After proceeding with the transfer all the emails were sent to the previous email listed. This was confusing but since GoDaddy (our new provider) had the auth codes we assumed nothing was a miss. This was incorrect and after waiting and waiting for the transfer to go through we called NS and were casually informed that actually there was a 60 day lock which had been placed on our account in accordance with ICANN. We were NEVER informed of this policy. We thought we had done our diligence by asking NS directly for guidance but they apparently their representatives are uninformed on their own policies. After being on stressful phone calls where we needed to restate our intent and case each time for 4 hours we were finally directed to a supervisor that after reviewing our account and call info apologized for the complete mismanagement of our business and removed the locks on our account. For anyone looking for a reliable provider of email, domain, or website services, do yourself a favor and DO NOT choose Network Solutions. Even if it is a financial deal, it will cost you in man-hours, funds, and sleepless nights spent on support calls trying to get answers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Solutions provided us with domain, email, and website services. At first things were okay but things became so frustrating we slowly removed each component from our account. We were their customer for 13 years. They were reliable for the first 5. Then email became unreliable so we moved to office 365, then they became unreliable with website management so we created our own WordPress site. Then we went through a brutal awakening to their unreliability with domain hosting and switched everything. I would say the benefits were low prices, but it is a full time job to manage them and is not worth the man hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Fast and easy to use webmail service. Great alternative to outlook or other similar email providers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unable to adjust mail subject/title preview panel. Everything else works as expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use for communications, emails, attachments and all web mail needs. Great alternative to outlook or other similar email providers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Nothing about this I liked, not easy to use and lack or regard for consumer rights. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Poor customer service

Scammed customers

Phone numbers provided directed me to a dentists office

Offered no help or resolution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use something else, avoid this site at all costs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No benefits, when a business accidentally steals money from account the general process is to offer a refund but nope. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Training Director
What do you like best?

I like that Network Solutions is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Often times my emails to clients go to their SPAM folder. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Solutions helps my business stay in contact with our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CP
What do you like best?

It’s simple, there aren’t many options other than send and receive email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Emails get lost or filtered or some don’t get received. I can’t send emails quicker than 10 secs of the previous one-I’m a fast typer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It’s simple, not a lot to figure out Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Easy to set up your website with a new domain and supposedly inexpensive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They arent upfront about what they are going to charge you so I suggest read the fine print Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I now have my website up and running with my own domain but can't access the included email account Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
What do you like best?

the one on one time with a developer when we were designing our new site Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

trying to schedule time to schedule a call to review changes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we updated our out of date website with their help and have received multiple calls from it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Getting domain and website up were both easy and cheap Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Configuring and checking e-mail is next to near impossible they continuously charge you and are not upfront about it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My website is finally up with my own domain at an affordable price Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DIGITAL PRODUCER / WEB DESIGN / SKATEBOARDER
What do you like best?

Network Solutions is a great online Host for website and domain services. They provide adequate service and cheap domain prices! They offer bundle deals and the use of features is awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No problems or features to be of a problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Trying these features will improve your network relations as Network Solutions is the solution as a helping hand to get you there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The cure for business is here! Network solutions provides are your website and hosting needs. They tackle are domain .com features .org, .net and many more with website builder tools and assets. The beneifts are tremendous. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder, Creative Director
What do you like best?

Their logo looks like it was professionally designed. They have a good WhoIs lookup service. I would avoid most other things though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their prices are much higher than comparable services and I'm not sure how they justify it. Any interaction I have had with support has been poor, and their actual service doesn't really differentiate itself from others that are (much) cheaper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look for other options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I only use Network Solutions when there is no other option. Moving domain registrars can be disruptive, so we'll sometimes stay Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager of Construction
Staffing and Recruiting
What do you like best?

I use Network Solutions because of the price. I also use for my hosting and domain registration. They have good coupons and lots of bundle deals.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The website is time out at times and it’s not friendly. It was an absolutely mess transferring my hosting to them. It took me a while to get it working properly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I really like that I can host my SQL database, as well my website information and my email all in one location.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There is very little to like about this program. I do like that they keep you informed about products and services they are offering and when your current products expire. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything. It is difficult to get a hang of and so far behind the times of other popular email clients and hosting services. The email service is especially horrible. It doesn't connect to my phone email app even though we purchased this ability and even the company couldn't help me get it connected. It is contantly having issues and lagging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't use it and save yourself several hours of frustration. Seriously, if you have the funds upgrade everything to the highest power and hope that it works better than the level we are currently using. Otherwise, bring your money and company elsewhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use this for email because it is what my company was already using. It is causing me more problems than solving them and I hope we change soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that this software gives me the opportunity to drive increased traffic to websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the customer service support line. There are way too many transfers needed for simple questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Increasing clientele for real estate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Did what it was supposed to do as we were starting up our eCommerce site Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lacking functionality

website hangs occasionally Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

none Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

eCommerce website Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner
What do you like best?

I like their partner program, which allows us to buy domains at cheaper prices to manage for our clients. They've also been very reliable. We've not had any instances of not being able to access our partner portal or slowness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI in their partner portal. It's very cumbersome. As an example, to request a transfer authorization code, you can't just bring up a domain and request it. No -- that option is nowhere to be found when you bring up a domain. Instead, you have to go to Search > Advanced Search, search for the domain, and from the search results page select "Advanced DNS" from a drop down and click on "GO!" under "Manage Multiple Domains", then check the box next to the domain, select "Request Auth Code" under another drop-down, and click "Go". It makes no sense. But that's even how they say to do it in their documentation.

It also has not changed a single bit that I can tell in the many years we've been using it. It's not at all mobile friendly, and even on desktop it doesn't take full advantage of the screen space.

Registering a domain for a new customer is also a hassle, and all search forms are over-complicated. You have to select a radio button next to what you're searching by rather than just entering a value, and you can't search by more than one thing at once without using multiple forms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For personal domain registration, I'd recommend something simpler. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We manage domains for a lot of our clients. Network Solutions allows us to get reasonable prices on those domains and manage DNS for them if desired. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

The main reason I use network solutions is because of the price. I use them for my hosting and domain registration, and they often have good coupons and bundle deals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The website is not very user friendly and it often times out. Transferring my hosting to them was an absolute mess and took it took me a while to get it working properly. It almost seemed like random pieces weren't transferred initially. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a very affordable option, but it is only good for tech experts. This is definitely not a good site for those who are new to websites. If I didn't already have experience with hosting and server lingo, I would be completely lost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I do like that I can host my SQL Server database, all of my website information, and my email all in one location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Psychic Medium
Entertainment
What do you like best?

its nice to be able to kind of set it and forget it as far as paying (you can pay literally up to 100 years). and its fairly easy to set up but there are definitely a number of dislikes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the website itself is very cluttered and busy. its dificult to navigate especially if you are not a "techy" person. i actually have a web tech help me with all of this and if it wasnt for her i probably wouldn't use it. i was a go daddy user for a little but there websites are cheap looking ( i guess you get what you pay for) and thats no exeption for network solutions. its a little on the expensive side but if you can afford it its well worth it as long as you know how to use it and how it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

great company. better than your average so you will get quality for the price Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

able to serve people worldwide so they can find us, contact us and hopefully give us the satisfaction of there business and gain a client Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Services Manager
Financial Services
What do you like best?

I love the new way it looks and how it works. I like dropping the attachments if I don't feel like looking for it. The Portal is great, I like being able to customize it! I use the calendar a lot more now with the upgrade. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Where are notes from the last version? When i updated, they disappeared. I lost a lot of stuff. I wish the mail quota was in a better place, it took me forever to find it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The customer service/support team is great, they handle things professionally. I would recommend Network solutions for all of your email and website needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use them for everything and I haven't had a problem getting things solved yet. The calendar is a huge benefit for me, and the notification bell as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communications Specialist
Higher Education
What do you like best?

user interface is nice enough. webmail client seems to work ok Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When attempting to integrate our marketing platform into our email client (NS webmail), we reached out to Network Solutions about 6-8 times. They could never help with our DNS record entry issues (not being able to use characters like "_" or ' ~ ` in the records to validate DKIM or allowing us to verify our Postmaster account so our marketing platform could note any spam complaints through Yahoo!'s feedback verification loop. Not only could they not help us, they would end every call with assurance that the issue would be "elevated to their engineers" and intention to contact us again in 1-2 business days. We MIGHT have received a return call once. Maybe... So, we would wait, call them back and basically start over each time. Nothing was ever accomplished. If I could convince our IT department to completely move our large amount of assets to a new domain services provider, I would be much happier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have any intention to utilize email marketing, do not use Network Solutions. Their Domain Records do allow for email validation to ensure deliverability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

i use the webmail for customer communication. i can check webmail online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Lead
What do you like best?

There's not really anything about Network Solutions that stands out for me. Typically if I have the option, I will steer clear of NS.

The pricing is pretty affordable but that's about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's a couple key things that really turned me off from NS. The first one being their support. They have live chat but it took me forever to get through to a live technician and when I did I felt like I was getting cookie cutter answers that didn't really help me. I also wish they would send out some sort of notification when their server crashes. I've had a few sites go down and a client noticed before we did which is embarrassing.

The next thing that needs a major improvement is their softwares UI. The UI is hard to navigate through and I've messed up a DNS setting numerous times before because of the confusing backend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that you can find more value and a better experience else where. This service needs to revisit their strategy for providing a good customer experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There's not too many benefits I've noticed. I just think they need to give their backend a bit of a facelift / revamp and work on delighting their current customers a little more. For the same price I can get a great experience from one of their competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Computer Programmer
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Nothing as such. Their user interface is friendly. Their pricing structure is flexible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their billing department is all messed up. They don't have proper communication techniques. They don't inform their customers after their server crashes. We had to check their twitter account when our site was down as they post updates on twitter instead of sending an email to the customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits nothing as such. There are lots of problems. They need to rethink their strategy and provide at least what the customer expects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Network Solutions is a major player in the space. Their name recognition goes a long way with clients when selling them on a solution. I primarily used them as a registrar. They initially proved to have good price performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are more expensive than others, but you are paying for the brand. I don't like the up-selling that's found within their site. Nothing beyond the name recognition factor really stands out. For me, the costs involved proved to be too high. For my agency, we moved away from them for cost-based reasons as well. We missed a subversive check box and got charged for an additional service without our knowledge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider if your clients value 'enterprise' over price. There's more value to be found elsewhere, but they have the perception of stability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

By moving away from Network solutions, we found a more cost effective hold place for all our domains. We achieved the same end with less hassle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

That NS provides me with a domain for my professional website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer service, high ever-changing costs, incessant emails, always trying to upgrade me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would advise against it. There are other services that may be better, but I feel like I'm stuck with them now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solves my need for a business domain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CM
What do you like best?

The price is the main like. I recommend it if you are going with very normal static webpages without php, mysql, etc. So pretty much use it for basic one page HTML or landing pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Networksolutions used to be great. But ever since web.com bought them, they have gone downhill. Their UI sucks. They had good uptime and customer service was great. Since Web.com took over, quality on all points has dropped while prices have remained the same or increased. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Like mention in a lot of reviews if you are looking for very BASIC HTML one page or landing page hosting this is it. But don't expect to get assistance so easily. It is VERY difficult to get good or even decent customer service. Its cheap for what you get. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Network Solutions?

Network Solutions Categories on G2