Momentum IoT Reviews & Product Details

Momentum IoT Overview

What is Momentum IoT?

If you run a small or mid-sized field services fleet, you might be frustrated with telematics vendors. Why? Telematics is too complex, too expensive, too risky. And telematics vendors are a pain to work with. We get it. We built this product for our own use at a large field services fleet. We built the product we would buy. Momentum IoT offers advanced GPS telematics that you can buy online, manage yourself, and cancel any time. Rugged and completely modular, our Eagle 1 device installs easily into more vehicles and equipment, from pickups to tractors to trailers and ATVs. Just swap the cable and install. Now you can see all your vehicles and equipment on one screen. Join us, and help us break telematics.

Momentum IoT Details

Momentum IoT was built from gravel up by people who worked in field services.

Compared to Verizon Connect and other major telematics providers, Momentum IoT is: Easier to Use, Better Supported, Easier to Install, with Flexible Monthly Billing.

Momentum IoT was built from gravel up by people who worked in field services. We weren't satisfied with the tracking solutions we tried, so we built our own, from scratch.

We know you want some simple things, done very well. You want to know where your stuff is, how it's doing, and where it's going.

You want easy installation, with one device and multiple harness options.

You want flexible monthly pricing. No up-front cost. No contract. No lock-in.

You want more control, and less hassle.

Momentum IoT
2017
Long Beach, CA
@MomentumIoT
134 Twitter followers

Momentum IoT Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Momentum IoT community
Have you used Momentum IoT before?

Momentum IoT Reviews

Showing 38 Momentum IoT reviews
Already have Momentum IoT?
President
What do you like best?

Affordability. Best tracking for the buck. No contract. You can add more or remove with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are better suited for someone sitting in an office monitoring a fleet. Small businesses like mine really need to more easily pull up the monitoring via a phone app. They need to adjust their service for all sizes of businesses and all sizes of monitoring. Prices already reflect this because they are very affordable. However, a phone app would make my review much better. Also, their map takes forever to load on my phone via the website way of checking on my equipment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best if you ( or you have someone else) in an office setting to keep an eye on your fleet or equipment via their website. Still not suited for working people like me who are out in the field and not in the office very much. Needs a phone app to make it better for blue collar people like me. I would buy more of them and track more of my trucks and equipment if I could have the ease of monitoring via a phone app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Feel more comfortable about my equipment not being stolen. Can see where it is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Structures Engineer - Aerostructures and Advanced Composite
What do you like best?

Las características del GPS que se proporcionan son la excepción para el seguimiento del kilometraje, el exceso de velocidad, las geo-vallas, e incluso la gasolina en el tanque. Corrí tres unidades GPS de Momentum IT, Tom Tom Tom e Intouch al mismo tiempo. El precio, las características y la facilidad de instalación hacen de Momentum IT una solución sencilla. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

El único inconveniente de Momentum IT GPS es la falta de una aplicación dedicada para su uso en un teléfono móvil. El usuario actualmente tiene que guardar la página web en la pantalla de inicio para poder usarla en el teléfono móvil. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Si usted no depende del uso de una aplicación y puede usar un navegador web, entonces este proveedor de GPS es genial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Seguimiento de empleados a los que les gusta conducir a gran velocidad, hacer paradas largas e imprevistas y conducir de forma errática. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Momentum IoT
Fixed Operations Director
What do you like best?

Was mir am besten gefällt, ist das GPS-System und die vielen anderen Funktionen. Den Überblick über die Parkplätze meines Autos zu behalten, Benzin, Leerlaufproblem, Batterie und Wartung. Ich liebe die Tatsache, dass ich den letzten Parkplatz lokalisieren kann, den Verbrauch der Batteriespannung überprüfen kann, die Leerlaufzeit, die auch für mich sehr wichtig ist. Die Tatsache, dass ich Standorte hinzufügen kann, ist ebenfalls ein Plus. Es ist auch preiswert alles, was einen solchen Service zum Preis anbietet, fragte es ein riesiges Schnäppchen für mich. Ehrlich gesagt habe ich keine Abneigung gegen dieses Produkt für das, was verwendet wird, denn ich bin voll und ganz zufrieden mit seinem Zweck. Möglicherweise könnten in naher Zukunft weitere Funktionen für zusätzliche Dienste verfügbar werden. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Ehrlich gesagt habe ich keine Abneigung gegen dieses Produkt für das, was verwendet wird, denn ich bin voll und ganz zufrieden mit seinem Zweck. Die Tatsache, dass ich den letzten Parkplatz lokalisieren kann, den Verbrauch der Batteriespannung überprüfen, die Leerlaufzeit, die auch für mich sehr wichtig ist. Die Tatsache, dass ich Standorte hinzufügen kann, ist ebenfalls ein Plus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wenn Sie nicht auf die Nutzung einer Anwendung angewiesen sind und einen Webbrowser verwenden können, dann ist dieser GPS-Anbieter großartig. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Den Überblick über die Parkplätze meines Autos zu behalten, Benzin, Leerlaufproblem, Batterie und Wartung. Ich liebe die Tatsache, dass ich den letzten Parkplatz lokalisieren kann, den Verbrauch der Batteriespannung überprüfen kann, die Leerlaufzeit, die auch für mich sehr wichtig ist. Die Tatsache, dass ich Standorte hinzufügen kann, ist ebenfalls ein Plus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The device is rugged, easy to install, and reported location instantly. The desktop and mobile functionally worked great and was simple and intuitive to use. The pricing is nearly impossible to beat, I’ve looked all over. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently, the product is geared towards providing a location along with a few other specifics for each vehicle and would be great for a small to mid size fleet where those details are all that mattered. Unfortunately I needed something that assisted my safety department simultaneously with harsh breaking, idling, seatbelt, and speeding reports. I also needed something that reported engine diagnostics so I could be proactive in making repairs. I think Momentum will offer this soon one day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For the pricing and flexibility that Momentum offers, you won’t find another product that matches its services. If you’re a small to medium sized business looking to simply track vehicles with a few other bonuses, it’s the perfect long lasting solution with no gimmicks. I’ve personally tested over 15 different telematics companies and Momentum is in the upper echelon of them all. They will certainly be on my list to consider when I evaluate my needs in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My experience was through a month long demo and the pros/cons above reflect that time period. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like the most is the GPS system along with the many other features. Keeping track of my car's parking locations, gas, idling issue, battery and maintenance. I love the fact that I can pinpoint it's last parking location, check battery voltage usage, idling time which is very important to me as well. The fact that I can add locations is also a plus. It's inexpensive as well anything that provides such service at the price asked it a huge bargain for me. Honestly I don't have any dislike of this product for what is being used for I am fully satisfied with it's purpose. Perhaps more features could become available in the nearby future for additional services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I don't have any dislike of this product for what is being used for I am fully satisfied with it's purpose. The fact that I can pin point it's last parking location, check battery voltage usage, idling time which is very important to me as well. The fact that I can add locations is also a plus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product!! You wont regret it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of my car's parking locations, gas, idling issue, battery and maintenance. I love the fact that I can pin point it's last parking location, check battery voltage usage, idling time which is very important to me as well. The fact that I can add locations is also a plus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Journeyman machinist
What do you like best?

We tried several different companies, momentum beats the rest hands down, from driver management to asset tracking, it's all there in a package so user friendly we have everyone in the office cross trained in under 2 weeks! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At first we had trouble with some of the imaging modules, but the problem was more on our end and customer service walked us through the process in a timely and professional manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definitely recommend momentum, and we have researched them all, and tried a lot on for size before we decided on momentum Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've realized flaws in our route processing, literally momentum iot paid for itself. We've since consolidated our routes and cut our turnaround time be roughly 20% Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OWNER
What do you like best?

It tells me the speed of my drivers, and different aspects of the asset. It helps to control costs also. I would highly recommend this product to anyone that is looking to control cost and keep an eye on their assets. The ability to track from a web interface that is can be accessed from any device, is a great plus Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reports the wrong location sometimes, and doesnt always track. Depends on cell signal too much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, it may work good for you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Speed, OBDII information , GPS location of asset... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

mechanic technician
Automotive
What do you like best?

I like that it's direct connected and it can be hidden. Also that the interface is so easy to use and track my drivers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The size is kinda too big but it's ok but other than that it's great. It's very heavy duty. Which is good but I will be getting smaller trucks this year and I hope it doesn't cause a problem Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are having problems with employees or mileage this is a great product and service. It paid for itself within 3 months and continues to do so Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can track my employee and his time and fuel management. Great interface Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

The GPS features that are provided are exception for tracking mileage, speeding, geo fences, and even the gas in the tank. I ran three GPS units from Momentum IT, Tom Tom, and Intouch at the same time. The price, features, and ease of installation make Momentum IT a no-brainer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The sole draw back of Momentum IT GPS is the lack of a dedicated app for use on a cell phone. The user currently has to save the webpage to the home screen to be able to use on the cell phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are not dependent on using an application and can use a web browser then this GPS provider is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking employees whom like to speed, take long unscheduled stops, and drive erratic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The price is impossible to beat and it works like a charm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No IOS app, but there will be soon. Nothing else to dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! For the price of the unit there’s really very little risk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Knowing where my vehicles are at any time and know where they have been on a daily basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Penetration Testing Technician
What do you like best?

Simplistic design, yet consolidates all of the information you would require. Rugged devices, plug and play is fantastic. Price point is spot on! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't find anything that I disliked about the telematics. It performed exceptionally well for my purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a reliable, cost-effective, solution for telematics. This is a great choice. No contracts, and cheaper than others providing similar services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Asset tracking. It's nice to know what employees are doing with out expensive assets and where they are at any given moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It does everything Verizon GPS did, for a fraction of the cost Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Website is difficult to navigate at first Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None right now Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to track technicians time and plan more efficiently Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the momentum product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to pay a monthly fee. A flat rate fee is more attractive to small business owners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is definitely a solution that is worth trying if you are unsure what product is right for your company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving the problem of knowing which crew to send to service calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co Owner
What do you like best?

The fact that it checks all sensors and keeps check on your vehicle and the real time option Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing it’s great all around you can’t ask for a better gps unit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would defiantly recommend this product and will use it again in the near future Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking my daughters car and trouble shooting problems in real time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Manager
What do you like best?

24 hour accountability, Mobil log in and tracking Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None, it’s a great product. I like this product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it. Best pricing product and service fir the $$$ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Knowing where my trucks are Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Fast initialization, quick updating, great support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently no apps (supposed to be in the works) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Free trial with 3 or more assets is worth it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Asset tracking for our rental, easy mileage verification Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Momentum helps me track my vehicles in real time at an affordable price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No knowing when the vehicle starts or is turn off..... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great Product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I know my vehicle's location at all times, and if the device is disconnected, i get a notify. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That I can stay in touch with my whole fleet from my cell phone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app is sort of complicated and lags at time takes some time to update. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Idle times have decreased, break times can be monitored easily and maintenance logs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Super fast delivery and easy set up. Priced right and no contracts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Feed wire could be longer to help mount 12v device Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use and priced right cant go wrong Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I now have no issues with leaving my trailer unattended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pool tech
What do you like best?

How easy it is to use its very simple a kid could use it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I did not like about it it a great product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dont have any advice Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nobody can just walk off with my property Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Delivery Manager
What do you like best?

I liked the positive customer service the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that I didn't start my 30 day free trial and the time on it was running . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I really haven't had the time to review the data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Broker/Owner
What do you like best?

The responsive of the unit is great. Application pretty easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would have loved a smartphone app and a WiFi option on it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product and price Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits are great to monitor your vehicles and equipment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

I swapped out because of the price. Its reliable. They are working on new features. So far, glad I switched Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No app yet. History sometimes off. Images for different vehicles Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Price! Satellite image mapping Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Momentum is easy to use and has a familiar interface with logical buttons and simple functionality Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dislike the size of the font and lack of integration with our Desking tools Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CRM is vital in our business and I especially appreciate the text feature Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General manager
What do you like best?

Customer support has been the best, easy to get a hold of for any questions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Haven’t found any dislikes as of yet. Easy to use software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have complete control of all my techs at all times with updates through text messages Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.