Malwarebytes for Business Reviews & Product Details

Malwarebytes for Business Overview

What is Malwarebytes for Business?

Malwarebytes is the cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects organizations and their employees against advanced malicious threats, including ransomware, that traditional antivirus tools and other endpoint protection products miss. Driven from the cloud through a single pane of glass, Malwarebytes solutions provide flexible management and speed for organizations of all sizes. Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection is a complete malware protection and remediation solution with precise threat detection, proactive threat blocking, and integrated end-to-end protection that stops malware and blocks bad behavior with a small footprint agent. Organizations that need integrated protection, detection, and response choose Malwarebytes Endpoint Detection and Response to quickly investigate, isolate, remediate, and recover from threats, including ransomware. In a matter of minutes, compromised endpoints are back online and productive.

Malwarebytes for Business Details
Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Serbian, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified)

Actively protect against all forms of Malware, Improve your protection without changing your AV, Renowned protection and cleanup technologies, Tool most recommended by techs and super users

Malwarebytes
2008
Santa Clara, CA
@Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes for Business Videos

Malwarebytes for Business Screenshots

Malwarebytes for Business Reviews

Showing 608 Malwarebytes reviews
Already have Malwarebytes for Business?
President
Product Manager
What do you like best?

Malwarebytes is very effective endpoint protection for threats. Cloud management makes implementation almost zero-touch. The deployment of agents is very simple in various ways. And the agent just singles one that is better control and visibility. The EDR feature help to prevent and protect the zero-day attack.

The attack isolation is good to prevent malware from spreading in LAN. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the endpoint, it does not allow users to do anything except executing scanning. Compare to other vendors, the user feels it might not powerful and protective. Server protection needs to use a separate license with a higher price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you finding threat prevention and remedation for endpoint with Cloud management and aware of ease of use, Malwarebytes should be in you list. Enforcement and configuration by admin rather than end user. The powerful malware protection and remediation is one of the best thing that Malwarebytes do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Malwarebytes, help to protect endpoints with easy control. Just a little bit of configuration is enough to protect the endpoint. The dashboard reporting and reporting template are one of the best benefits that ready to use. Ransomeware rollback also helps to reverse all damaged encrypt files to a clean state. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Malwarebytes for Business
Jefe de Soporte
What do you like best?

Malwarebytes is easy to use, customizable, very intuitive, it is a capable antivirus and antimalware product that offers real-time protection with very good performance and behavior. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The free version of Malwarebytes but I don't consider it very good to be used as a separate antivirus. In any case, the free version in conjunction with an antivirus is good to check and eliminate malware on a computer

I was reviewing and documenting the tests carried out in SafetyDetectivesy and I could see that the product obtained a very good rating in terms of detecting malware, with much better performance than kaspersky which is the product that I previously used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I find Malwarebytes to be one of the best antimalware scan engines I have tried. The free version is recommended to use it with an antivirus and real time protection, the Premium version is very effective. I find it to be very light and stable. I think it is an excellent option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It took me a few minutes to understand how to use the program. It was a quick check of the computer to make sure it was well protected. I was struck by how quickly a test virus was detected and how it generated the alert with possible actions with a very good reaction time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Manager
What do you like best?

The quickness of the scans, and the low overhead it provides when starting up with our windows workstations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am enjoying the cloud-based console a bit more than the older on-premise console. I also use SOPHOS and wish MWB did more endpoint control. Such as; USB on/off, websites filtering on the client level, turning off DVD drives, and more. Will, there be any plans for this in the future, so MWB could be a one-stop-shop for security and control? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I like the cloud panel in which I can see an overview of all of my clients. it shows us which machines need a reboot, scan, or update. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adware/Malware that makes it through our other layers of protection. It's quick to detect and stops websites immediately and sends us an alert from the console manager for us to quickly respond. Quick scans from the portal are a big plus now, it helps with our offsite laptop users that get back online - and we can check their status regularly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's very powerful end point protection. I used it with other AV Vendor but when first intstall Malwarebyates fould a lot of threat that exinsting AV never notice. And from the cloud based mananement, it very simple tool to managenet and configuretion with nice and frindly GUI. I can get the report to manage endpoint properly. The most that we want from end point protection is powerful, friedly user and fair price and that Malawarebytes business can do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometime it's consume more resources than usual when scan entire of PC and at the endpoint computers it cannot show any historical report scanning.

Also cannot support Linux or Unix-based but it's not a big problem. Almost of end point stil can cover by Malwarebytes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you looking for protect your end point with cloud based management, Malawarebytes should be you one of candidate. The important for consideration you should try the trial before fully deploy. It will no cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It can reduce MTTR (Mean time to repair) with end point and proactive protection threat with easy configuration and simple manament. The cloud management made it easy to manage my end point everywhere also when first deployment it take me only a day for learn the GUI and another to deploy the agent in to the end point computers. The powerful threat protection can detect and remedate the threat that other AV vendor cannot catch. This help to solve some issue that I never think it cause from malware or threat before. The proactive policy configuration might cause a little bit annoy for end user but for long time they will familiar and it prevent more and more outside threat to coming via web broweser and that is the most entry for the threat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Webmaster/Database Analyst
What do you like best?

I'm happy with the tools that are provided by Malwarebytes. The End Point protection does a great job of catching dangerous sites and cookies, and removing them from the system. The rollback tool is great at protecting the user from dangerous ransomware. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are times when we noticed the tool will install a new version without removing the old version. This causes conflict on the WIndows based machines and causes it to slow down. At the time that happens, you have to go in and remove the older version and the system will return to normal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The tools that Malwarebytes provides is good. There is a tool that lets you know how many installs have been made, and which machines have been hit the most by spyware or malware. If you keep tabs on this, you will feel a lot safer about your network. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been using the tool to protect our users from dangerous sites. We receive quite a lot of spam through emails, especially phishing emails. Malwarebytes catches these phishing attempts and most of the time will report it to us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Logging in to the dashboard to get an overview of all of my clients is very helpful. It shows me which endpoints need a reboot, need a scan, or need a software upgrade. I can push all of those things out right from the dashboard. I also have the ability in a single click to drill down deeper to the endpoint level from the dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a direct integration with SyncroRMM Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Malwarebytes Support team has been outstanding in the few times I have had to contact them. They had solved the problem correctly each time. In addition to a world class product, I believe they offer world class support! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am putting my clients minds at ease in terms of viruses and malware. Pairing Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection with Malwarebytes Browser Guard had helped drastically cut down on the installation of rogue programs, browser extensions, PUP's, and fake virus alert pop-ups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior System Administrator
What do you like best?

I like the feeling of security and real protection. When I enter to the Malwarebytes Dashboard I have a clear picture of my strengths and weaknesses regarding security in my organization.

The diversity of security reports that I can get from the cloud console allows me and my teams to stay one step ahead of threats. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I lose the conectivity in the console of a few computers. It is easy to restore it, but I have to do some troubleshooting to fix it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start to deploying the policies and groups in a test enviroment. It will make easier to adjust the ranges of security for every rol in your bussines or organization without stop your production enviroment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

About two years ago we suffered a ransomware attack. We lost important data after the recovery. We test a lot of tools, only Malwarebytes help us in that situation.

Malwarebytes show us how to teach our users how they can improve their security with the help of the reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Malwarebytes works in conjunction with our main security solution, and it is a godsend. It's resource light, easy to use, and very effective. It also gives us a lot of room for how we wish to handle security incidents. It gives us the machine name, the incident name, and a variety of options for how to deal with it. I also like how thorough the software is in detecting incidents and in protecting our hardware. It does a very good job of informing us of what's happening, and on the main screen to boot. Manual scans are also very quick, which is important in a business environment. Lastly, I love that we can update endpoints via the web portal instead of having to go to each PC in person. I've been using Malwarebytes for years in some way or another, from the free options for home users, to the business versions I'm now using professionally. Malwarebytes is very reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's no significant negatives about Malwarebytes, but if I had to choose something, it would be the sometimes difficult or confusing task of moving machines to their proper roles and areas. When making the move or the edit, it sometimes takes awhile before the change is actually visible. I know this is usual with a lot of software, but I do wish it was a little quicker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Whether you wish to use Malwarebytes as your sole security solution, or in conjunction with another piece of security software, Malwarebytes is a fantastic solution. From being easy to setup and use, to being very thorough and complete in its job, I've never been disappointed in. I heartily and completely recommend it to anyone considering it for their business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have our main security solution which takes care of the heavy-duty stuff, but it's not good for day-to-day protection. Malwarebytes is there to aid us for our day-to-day security needs, and it is fantastic for that. There are things that our main security solution does not cover or detect, but Malwarebytes does and I'm grateful for that. The benefits of this arrangement is that we have a much better, more comprehensive view of our overall security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is able to block malwares that could not be detected by other endpoint security softwares. The lightweight agent does not consume much system resources. Cloud console is easy to navigate from anywhere and a nice dashboard showing the summary of threats and actions. No requirement to install on-premise management server/console, hence installed agents can communicate easily with the cloud console from anywhere in the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cost is higher than other endpoint security products and it may take a while for a novice administrator to understand how to configure the cloud console properly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a very good endpoint security product to consider in your environment. It is lightweight and easy to manage via the cloud console when you get familiarized with the console. Highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am trying to protect important production systems from unknown threats and this product is able to do so without hogging much system resources to slow down the systems. I was facing some issues with another endpoint security product hence I've decided to switch to Malwarebytes. With a cloud console, it means that I do not need a dedicated system to host the management server and console. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

With One View, Dashboard gives me a summary of all my clients on one page and all my clients are easily accessible through the individual Nebula site. Also, I can add or subtract endpoints, download software and read reports directly from OneView. Page layouts are customizable for my clients needs . With EDR, everybody (but the bad guys) wins.

Since I pair Malwarebytes EDR, Windows Server 2016 & 19 as a DC environment with CrashPlan for Small Business, I know my clients data is secure, protected and safe. My job is easier and I have time for the minutiae which sets me apart from the competition. It also allows us to add clients because we have time to focus on moving forward instead of just keeping ahead of probems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Server Endpoint is a bit pricey for a small business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the Partners Portal! Learn at the Academy! Everything you need for sales & marketing as well as, most importantly, knowledge based learning as well as courses to watch and review. The webinars are very helpful and allow for live questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The old EDR software we used left us hanging when a client got hit by Emotet. Malwarebytes helped remediate BEFORE we purchased it. They have always answered and helped when called. We liked their service and customer first attitude so much I signed up to be a MSP and now I can offer EDR to small businesses which don't have 10 or more endpoints a a big tech budget. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their dependability and reliability have always been a strong suit for Malwarebytes. Another important factor is that they are one of the few AV companies that haven't completely sold out and continue to make great products, even if the temptation to just cash out is at its all-time highest in Silicon Valley right now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As always, the pricing can be a little steep and unfortunately with a school district our budget is very finite. However, I think their sales representative works with us closely to get us a good deal. Endpoints sometimes that stop reporting into the cloud service can be a little frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is as "set it and forget it" as you can get it. It works really well out of the box. The installers they provide are incredibly easy to deploy, MSI and PKG packages. This product definitely beats the pants off the Symantec Endpoint Protection we had been using forever and Microsoft's Endpoint Protection. None of these were able to stop a virus spreading throughout our network via SMB exploit, but MB came along and shut it all down and got us back to tip top shape. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps create a very nice security barrier between our users and the evils of the Internet. It's extremely rare that we have a virus-related event that impacts multiple systems, the network, server infrastructure, etc. The same thing can be said about maintaining the software... we don't need to. Everything is taken care of, in that regard. Not having to deal with that type of overhead has made it so our team is more focused on the problems that matter instead of the need to fight with a faulty piece of software or, worse, a piece of software with false claims or "TBD features". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Malwarebytes is easy to use and install. It plays well with your existing anti-virus and can be easily managed. It's a second layer of protection that makes us feel confident. Some use lack experience and it is so easy for them to be fooled with all the emails that contains fishing information. Malwarebytes helps us in making sure that even if they access the wong sites or files that our infrastructure will be protected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The not much to dislike. Except that their updates requires user intervention. It would be nice for the user client to update silently instead of pushing reminders to the users. Other than that, it's the best product out there for ransomware protection. It efficiently prevents attacks. We can easily monitor activity and make sure our systems are well protected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to cut down on our security costs and increase our user protection. Malwarebytes reassure us that even with good practices, our user are well protected if they make a mistake and access the wrong information by mistake. They are also very proactive to share inmportant information with our IT departement and it helps us to stay informed of the latest treats out there in the wild. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Powerful protection including against ransomware. Runs lightweight most of the time. The cloud configuration page is simple and easy to configure, I can access it from anywhere and know whats going on on our machines anytime. I love being able to lock down computers if they get infected and have enough information from Malwarebytes to troubleshoot the issue. Malwarebytes gives you so much great information, and actually useful features versus any other antivirus program I have worked with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I'll need to reinstall the software on employee machines to get it communicating with the server again. Its not very often, but it happens. Also Malwarebytes doesn't run well on slower hard drives - I've had laptops with 5400RPM HDD's that have slowed to a complete crawl system-wide after Malwarebytes is installed. Fortunately those machines are getting rare these days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go with the full Endpoint Disaster and Response suite. The additional protections are invaluable and what make Malwarebytes the most powerful AV solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are keeping our users safe regardless of where they are in the world. I have insight into their machines while they are working from home or traveling for business. We are able to react much more quickly to problems when they happen because the MBAM portal gives us great information to work with. Its lightweight, it doesn't get in the way, and it just works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The cloud console is very conveniente. You can have all the stats in a dashboard and do remediation if needed. The program is constantly being updated! New features are added all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Program is great! I just would like faster support. I don't like phone support, CHAT is more productive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Company has been in the market for years, they were the first to really solve MALWARE issues. I have been using their products for years and they are always evolving. Very reliable company! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since I installed this solution, no more micro management! You can control everything from he cloud console, see your alerts and take action. Haven't had an incident since then so you can be more pro active and work on other areas knowing you are protected on this flank. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology
What do you like best?

You get a lot of resources, and the product just works. Very easy to maintain, and I feel I have only used about 60% of the capabilities. I have attended a couple of the webinars Malwarebytes has sent out and I have found them to be insightful and useful. I also completed a lot of the trainings on using and administrating the enterprise console, and found those to be helpful also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Moving from the on-prem console to the cloud base one could be easier or streamlined. I'm needing to figure out how am I going to migrate all of my on-prem computers to the cloud based MBAM. I also don't like when the agent doesn't register you have no choice but to physically go to the machine to uninstall the client software. I was not aware of the online training until months after my purchase. I wish I would of been informed of the training it would of made my deployment of the product much easier and I would of had less bumps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use and it's not a resource hog like other software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just easier to administrate on a daily basis. I like the fact that you scan computers from the console and deploy without the use of any other software. It makes mass deployments much easier and you can also remove clients from the console. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the centralized cloud management console, web protection and peace of mind while browsing. You can see all of your endpoints from one screen and detailed information about each one. It has a dashboard showing your top threats and endpoints that need attention. It is easy to deploy and has one of the best support teams of any antivirus vendor. You call tech support and they pickup immediately! You can also submit a ticket right from the console and check on status. The Malwarebytes Academy has best in-class training that keeps our techs up to date. The VIP circle keeps members engaged. I like that they list version history and software changed right from the management console. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was no migration path between the reseller and MSP platforms, Can slow down servers without the proper exclusions in place. I would like to see more transparency for billing models and future pricing increases. There is not much our organization doesn't like about Malwarebytes. Just when we think that the product is not compatible with their system, tech support steps in and helps us solve the issue. The cost can be more for Malwarebytes than other "cost-effective" antivirus solutions, and turns many users away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you use the free trial offered to see just how powerful this software can be in your environment. Run a scan with another antivirus vendor such as Norton or Trend Micro and see how many more detections Malwarebytes has. Some people get emotionally attached to their antivirus solution, and need to explore other options. Make sure you put this on all endpoints on the network or you will leave security holes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving cybersecurity issues at our customer's locations by securing the endpoints. We are amazed by the amount of websites that are blocked each day. It gives everyone the peace of mind they deserve when browsing the internet. We are removing ransomware from networks and preventing them from returning with Malwarebytes. Other security solutions just do not match up to the power of Malwarebytes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Director of IT