Law Insider Contract and Clause Search Reviews & Product Details

Law Insider Contract and Clause Search Overview

What is Law Insider Contract and Clause Search?

Law Insider launched a premium subscription service in 2019 to help lawyers and other legal professionals draft and negotiate contracts more effectively. Today we serve over 200,000 users across more than 50 countries.

Law Insider Contract and Clause Search Details

LawInsider is a subscription based contract and clause database that enables lawyers, contract managers and business owners to draft and negotiate corporate agreements more efficiently. The millions of contracts contained on this website are extracted from SEC filings and other publicly available documents. New documents are catalogued and indexed daily.

Law Insider
N/A

Law Insider Contract and Clause Search Screenshots

Law Insider Contract and Clause Search Reviews

Showing 32 Law Insider Contract and Clause Search Database reviews
Already have Law Insider Contract and Clause Search?
What do you like best?

Searchability, contract teardowns, resources, and did I mention, searchability? Phenomenal agreements! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would love to see some context added to types of agreements (i.e., diving into further divisions of structure for legal agreements - is this agreement a joint venture 90/10 or 50/50, etc.). Being able to harness further search would make this even more epic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One story to sell it. I was working on an urgent quick-turnaround project at 10:30 pm. I had an issue I needed immediate assistance with. I drafted an email to LawInsider support stating URGENT, expecting a call hopefully by first thing in the morning. Within one hour, by 11:30 pm, I had every answer and my issue taken care of through three emails. Just sent the project out the night I encountered the issue because of their quick action. That kind of attention and care is palpable throughout the product design and its implementation.

Thank you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When drafting customized contracts, understanding context and other usages will help to contextualize for clients and actualize business advice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Law Insider has served as a wonderful resource by which to compare my very best work, developed over 30 years, to the next level by reviewing top flight work from other attorneys in national law firms of the highest skill representing Fortune 100 companies. To prevent becoming stale in my approach or a slave to antiquated language and usage, I've reviewed my work product and ideas about structure within a legal document to another level, fine-tuning ideas to match a more complex, advanced business world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The tool is almost too powerful, creating such a large database of documents to review that the sifting and sorting process is time-consuming. Much of the database created by a custom search is helpful but much of it is not. I would prefer a search engine that would allow me to more narrowly define the results that I seek. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to become a better scrivener of contract law documents, the ability to review the best work product publicly available is a great start. While no substitute for drafting from scratch, IMHO, a seasoned veteran needs a fresh look at decades-old approaches. No single solution is better equipped, or more reasonably priced, than Law Insider. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My ability as a scrivener has been enhanced by the availability to review work product from the best law firms representing the most sophisticated clients. I have largely modernized my approach to drafting difficult contract provisions and leaving an older style and approach in the dust. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Law Insider Contract and Clause Search
Special Counsel
What do you like best?

This is a great document search engine that allows you to search and find many contracts and clauses. It’s not only helpful to find language for my own contracts, it’s also very useful so that I can see what is market and what others have been able to negotiate for language in their agreements so I can make sure my clients get the best deal. Also, there are newsletters and webinars that are useful as well. The organization and easy comparison of various clauses make this far more useful than free services, and a much better value than much more expensive services. You can spend a whole lot more on more expensive devices that aren’t even as comprehensive in terms of organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The search function was not quite as well developed at first but it has vastly improved, and the organization and creation of categories has also improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Search for various clauses and browse the categories. You should see a lot of information to help with your contracts and negotiations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using it to help draft documents but also to see alternative language so that I can make sure my client gets the best deal. You can often take a clause from a contract you are reviewing and find on law insider that there are variations of that clause, including ones that might have been omitted from what you are reviewing. Again, very useful in contract negotiation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Law insider has a wide variety of contracts in various industries that assists with contract drafting. It also assists me when I am stuck and need inspiration when drafting a contract.

Searching for a clause is very easy especially with the filter, I am able to streamline my searches. Using key words helps as well.

Most contracts are detailed and good starting place when drafting.

I like that fact that payment for subscriptions can be made in different currencies now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The clauses and contracts can be repetitive therefore, I have to sort through a lot before selecting a specific one that suits my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend it to experts, lecturers, students. It is a great tool for drafting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes drafting more efficient as I can obtain precedence when drafting.

I am also able to obtain clauses I am not familiar with or when learning about new clauses therefore, it is a great practical teacher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I find it very useful to have a huge number of example contracts and clauses compiled in one place. LawInsider is a great source of boilerplate language and having real-world examples helps me in my drafting process to better understand the document components versus the abstract ideas set forth in drafting guides which may or may not come with templates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't always efficiently find specific clauses with LawInsider search functions but can usually work around it with google searches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

LawInsider has helped me in the drafting of various types of agreements and contracts which brings high value as I am the sole in-house counsel for a start-up and my company has been able to minimize the amount of work that is done by outside law firms. In addition to economical savings, this often means quicker turnaround for getting deals signed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can get access to robust contracts and clauses that I need to improve the quality of my own deliverables to my clients in a shorter amount of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the documents are overly complex or are tailored to a very particular scenario so I still have some work to do but I'd rather have too much verbiage and redact and simplify than to be lacking or miss something. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have clients that are growing and requesting work that requires me to draft contracts that are not currently a part of my form library so Law Insider has enabled me to continue to represent these clients with confidence as I am finding the resources I need through Law Insider. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

User interface for the search engine built in Law Insider is very intuitive and work quite similarly to popular browsers, such as Google. Additionally, the functionality on searching for specific clauses, definitions, etc. is truly helpful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In general I'd say it works pretty well, no obvious flaws Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to have ready and easy access to large contracts database such as Edgar, then Law Insider is the right tool for you. As a transactional, non-U.S. practitioner I cannot emphasize enough the advantages of having such powerful tool at an affordable price tag Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a very helpful tool for drafting and negotiating agreements. It easily allows you to access and retrieve multiple alternative languages for a specific issue Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The webinars posted are very enlightening and it is an exclusive site for contract related stuff! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think law insider should host annual meet ups for lawyers in contracts so as to expand the reach also it would be like a law summit where speakers, law students and contract professionals come together and participate in discussions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do attend the webinars and check out the articles Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lots of ideas can be accessed and makes young lawyers like me ready to take on negotiations with hacks provided by law insider Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

these are clauses that were actually used by companies so they are more than just theoretical precedents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

you cannot search by specific industry - for example I tried to search by life sciences and I couldn't although there are a lot of pharma contracts. This would be really helpful. Also, you only deal with the US jurisdictions really. It would be great to add some other jurisdictions. If you had some relating to the major areas such as Hong Kong, UK and maybe Switzerland/Germany to get a civil law component this would round out the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be aware that it is only the US jurisdiction. Try the trial first but if you have a team, the costing is almost the same for 3 users as 1 user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Usually Intellectual property risks. We have also used it to understand some licensing issues and limitation of liability clauses. I have definitely realised the benefit of having access to an online portal which up to now I have railed against. My team are also enjoying the access.

A benefit of it being US only is also understanding which state in the USA might be a good one for up-skilling. New York is usually pick but this is handy to see what other companies are actually using in their contracts. Coming from a common law background (non-USA), it is hard to know which jurisdiction to up-skill into in order to benefit my company and have a jurisdiction that the legal team is comfortable with when dealing with US partners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to make lists of items relevant to my research. The ability to download samples that can be incorporated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Searching could be better e.g. search within results or perhaps easier to use advanced search tools. I would like to see more content related to financial services and financial transaction processing (service agreements, disaster recovery, licensing). Nevertheless, up to now, I have been able to find everything I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're not a lawyer, be patient in order to figure out the best level of granularity and search terms that suit your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Improving speed of contract reviews and drafting amendments during negotiations without excessive spending legal advice. Law Insider always gives me the legal wording to complement my domain expertise. LI also levels the playing field for me when dealing with "real" lawyers so negotiations can avoid discussion about form/language rather than business issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Seemingly limitless library of commercial contract clauses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's no downside, you just can't be lazy. In other words, use their clauses as guides and do some of your own writing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Comprehensive clauses for commercial real estate leases is what I mostly use it for. However, the possibilities are almost limitless. I have also used it for employment contracts, indemnity clauses, operating agreements and other purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Complete documents are available or find a clause that completes your own agreement. The filters are helpful. I am usual able to find something tailorable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A filter for the type of industry would be helpful. I have to draft a wide variety of agreements and most are engineering industry specific. Eliminating the abundance of other types of documents would save time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can obtain trial period. If you don't love it you do not have to get the subscription. It is a very handy tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Inherited documents that may not be up to date can be parsed against Law Insider documents and updated. It's never a good idea to start with a blank page. In the absence of a starting point, Law Insider gets me in good position to complete my work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Helps in finding rightful case law at rightful time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's quite a bit experience for me or for young and budding lawyers like me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's very helpful in drafting contracts and clauses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Member of the Board of Directors
What do you like best?

The free flow of information, best practices advice and expertise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing much to dislike, it wa all good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

confirming my own instincts and learning new insights. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Different variations of the clause- Helps to get an in-depth look into the clauses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As of now, I do not find anything difficult or dislike any aspects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The search engine is very easy to use and generally gets us what we are looking for in a limited period of time. This saves us a lot of time and promotes efficiency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Excellent reference tool by type and subject, relevant webinars for added insight and ability to cut/paste or download saves hours of research and compilation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not very much! Less advertising might be nice or at least more targeted advertising to the business aspects of the user (e.g. I am distracted seeing ads for dog food!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As previously noted, ability to leverage work of hundreds of other professionals has saved significant time as well as pointing out areas i had not considered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ability to find on-point clauses needed quickly. I never have to search for hours. The search bar is gracious when I don’t always know what I am searching for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I am given a whole contract when I am looking for just a clause. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

If I am negotiating and opposing counsel wants alternate wording to our standard language, I can get creative using my findings on Law Insider Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a great tool, user-friendly and intuitive. It's amazing how much information it contains and how fast it updates its database!! I have witnessed how it has improved its functionalities throughout the time, which says a lot about its developing team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can certainly improve the number of serch options and filters, which could add precision to the vast number of results are usually obtained in every search. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it for transfer pricing benchmarking. Although LawInsider was not developed for this purpose, it has helped us a lot. I really hope it can add a number of functionalities for transfer pricing analyses in the future, which will make it superb Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IM
What do you like best?

Law Insider offers a complete clause that can be then tailored to the context. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The clauses are more likely tailored to the US use rather than multi-national jurisdictional use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can check a generic clause against Law Insider to determine what is benign and I can also have a starting point for drafting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Shareholder
What do you like best?

The organization of the contracts within the site. It's easy to find clauses based on industry, topic, keyword, or clause type. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Too many options, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For solo and small firm practices looking for a contract drafting solution, Law Insider will got a long way to getting the job done. Their database is comprehensive and regularly updated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's helped me to draft contracts for various situations. The template language for some specific clauses that were not often used in my previous contracts was very helpful. Also, it's been worthwhile to search the database for certain types of contracts to get an understanding of the issues that have arisen in other situations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

The main presenter was very straight forward and forthcoming and the links to the contract were very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I havent yet used the clause search but definitely intend to look into it based on the Webinar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a sole practioner of many years experience i dont often need to look for outside sources so it will likely depend on the cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive and COO
What do you like best?

The ease and usability of the Law Insider is second to none. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I had any complaint it would the regarding the functionality of opening many tabs at once - comparing different legal documents can be challenging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an amazing website. It will save you time and headaches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saves me time from having to go the SEC directly for documents. Documents on Law Insider serve as great templates for my legal work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing is the ease of use. Super intuitive and straight forward. No messy/clunky interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Download limits. I wish there were more tiers offered . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely avail yourself of the super low cost trial period. I think you'll be very happy with what you find and you're not making a large commitment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Law Insider helps me evaluate the amount of differentiation in clauses, assess what is "market," and assess trends over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Legal Officer
Law Practice
What do you like best?

The versatility of LawInsider is incredible. Not only is the information I am typically looking for readily available in the vast database of information, but the information is presented in a manner that is easily usable, editable, and shareable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not really have any dislikes. The people who operate the site are competent, articulate, receptive, and are working diligently to take this great resource and make it even better. I have been with LawInsider almost two years now, and have been repeatedly impressed by the new and creative features released. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

LawInsider enables the user efficiencies that quickly justify the monthly cost. I could not imagine not having access to LawInsider now that I have become accustomed to its benefits. The ability to compare clauses is truly beneficial and, in my opinion, crucial to producing the highest quality work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am the Chief Legal Officer for a private equity firm. We draft agreements and documents on a wide variety of deals and that relate to multiple industries. Sometimes when I am on a conference call and we are editing a document in real time, I have used LawInsider to efficiently and VERY quickly (as others are waiting, and sometimes watching on my screen) find appropriate language via LawInsider for consideration and editing to fit our idiosyncratic needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Wealth of contract information with a decent UI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Relative lack on non-US materials,though this is inevitable given the data sources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding out approaches actually taken in practice to contract drafting and negotiation challenges. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Law Insider Contract and Clause Search Database?

Law Insider Contract and Clause Search Database Categories on G2