ISI: Illuminate Student Information Reviews & Product Details

ISI: Illuminate Student Information Overview

What is ISI: Illuminate Student Information?

Illuminate Student Information™ is the “next generation” Student Information System (SIS) that provides all district and school site staff with a single, web-based point of access to student demographics, attendance, scheduling, discipline, grades, assessment history, state reporting mandates, report cards, parent portal, student portal, gradebook, reporting, and more.

ISI: Illuminate Student Information Details

Illuminate Education
2009
Irvine, CA
@Illuminateed

ISI: Illuminate Student Information Reviews

Showing 31 Illuminate Student Information reviews
Already have ISI: Illuminate Student Information?
Student Teacher
What do you like best?

Illuminate allows you to create tests with finite testing windows and it keeps students from being able to access the internet while they are testing. You are able to link it to your online grade book and skip the step or having to grade or run scantrons. I also appreciate that teachers can use what others have made and simply assign it to their class with or without making slight modifications. The students are already familiar in CA with the software because of benchmark testing, so it keeps the technology hurdles low- especially for our tech savy teens. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While it does take a substantial amount of time to create an assessment on Illuminate, you are able to share it with other teachers as well as make adjustments to it in the future by making a duplicate and editting that. It also requires that short response answers have specific terms in order for the software to grade students' writing for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Illuminate does take some perseverance when you're learning how to create and administer tests, but the up front labor does reward you with some to no grading after the fact and with Aeries, the scores can automatically filter into the grade book. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Previously we had been using Google Forms to administer tests and quizzes online in class, but it was challenging to keep students from using the internet to help them. With Illuminate, students show what they know without the temptation of easily cheating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instructional Assistant
What do you like best?

I love that you can easily share data with

co-workers and manage online testing materials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you have to change your password every 30 days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Some solved problems are that I can easily manage student test results and administer online test easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I can save paper and provide electronic versions of tests and exams on the lockdown browser where students can't go on to another website to cheat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing i can think of that I dislike about illuminate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is also super easy to grade the answer sheets especially multiple choice by using the webcam.

Then it generates reports for me to see the patterns in the class results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Illuminate is great for multiple choice assessments. I’m able to create assessments on the software and print out scantrona as a whole class or by individual student. The best part is scanning the student responses in using the camera on my laptop. It is quick and very efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The down side to illuminate is the newest update. I prefer the old method of searching for assessments created. It is much more challenging than before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use illuminate to get immediate feedback on student work and getting a summary of how classes did overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like that Illuminate is versatile and allows our school to use the product for a variety of things, such as attendance, grades, discipline, etc. It has a dashboard after login that allows the user to easily access what they need without clicking all over the interface. The administrator can set up different dashboards based on the level of the user, so office staff have different dashboard shortcuts than the teaching staff, for example. I also like that when you need support with the product, you can quickly reach out to the Illuminate phone support team and they can generally correct your issue right then and there. If not, they will open a support ticket and get back to you to help correct the issue at a later time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I often has issues with the grade books, where grades refuse to link, publish, and push over to student report cards. I have to frequently reach out to Illuminate phone support just to help me solve my issues, as my Home Office IT support team usually cannot determine a response. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Illuminate as a school to take attendance, track student records, report behavior incidents, put in Standards-based and points-based grades, and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I love that I can create my own simple or elaborate quizzes and test and easily use the data to be help each student on their own level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Scanning from the computer's camera is not very efficient. It takes some time to figure out the best position for the scantrons, but often it takes a lot of tweaking to get it to scan. Scanning using a PDF file is much easier but not as convenient. I wish the technology improved so that papers could be scanned quickly, without much repositioning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data collection used to be tedious and difficult to evaluate and interpret. Illuminate Education helps me get the most useful information about my students without having to manual sift through copious amounts of data. Once I began using Illuminate, I quickly realized how inefficient I used to work with data. Prior to this computerized system, I was spending a lot of time guessing which students needed help with which topics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reading Teacher
Education Management
What do you like best?

Being able to record all of my grades in one place and keep track of my assessments. I also like that there is a parent portal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it was more aesthetically pleasing when it comes to data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a full run-down of all of the tools there are to use. This is my second year using this program and I am still discovering things about it that I had no clue I could do in the beginning. Definitely use the assessment tools to your advantage! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I wish that I didn't have to clear my grades every quarter manually. I like that it gives you the class average at the bottom for each assignment and for the cumulative grade. I also appreciate that it is color coded for the grades, so it is easier to see who needs work on what standard/assignment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Language Arts Teacher, 6-8
Education Management
What do you like best?

Illuminate is nice that it has widgets and is a one-stop shop for all data needs. It is nice that you can add and subtract data needs and reports as needed for the school. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The assessment function is underdeveloped and clunky. It is also sometimes a never-ending scrolling page when looking at student data. It seems that some features (like the QR code scanner and bubble sheets) are technologies that are 15 years anchored in the past and outdated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This could be a very powerful data system if the admins spend lots of time setting it up and getting the settings correct. As far as assessment tools, it seems very outdated and clunky and doesn't compare to other educational technology tools out there at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data needs for staff and students. Benefits are having one place to look for student data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Key Holder
Apparel & Fashion
What do you like best?

It allows me to easily give tests and quizzes that I create for my students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its a bit complicated to use at times so training is necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get the right training to help you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easily give quizzes and tests Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is much easier to scan tests which allows for easy breakdown into details. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is not intuitive; it is hard to navigate. Our school site only uses part of the program so we don’t have it as an integrated program which makes it pretty useless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It seems like a cool tool, but most teachers have abandoned it. The district uses it but rarely. Mostly now it is a hassle to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allows for district tests and to gather large amounts of testing data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Illuminate does it all. Great for administering online assessments either generated by teachers or utilizing item banks. A wide range of interactive reports allow teachers and leaders to explore the data. Fantastic team ready to help you get the most out of Illuminate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Teachers say the main downside is that they need to reenter assessment grades into the gradebook since we use a different student information system. Navigating the site can take some time to learn too, but these are small hurdles and there are easy-to-follow tutorials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take time to learn about all Illuminate has to offer, including the BI tool and SIS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Combining data from multiple assessments to see performance over time.

Delivering assessments aligned with statewide tests, including the use of technology enhanced items. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founding School Leader of KIPP Northeast College Preparatory
What do you like best?

I love how I can search by student and see all relevant data in one place. It is also a more useful teacher gradebook than our previous gradebooks. It is extremely teacher friendly, and works for more traditional taechers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to make user-friendly reports (e.g. data about teacher grade books) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Illuminate allows us to have one data warehouse, which helps us make better decisions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like being able to choose from a variety of reports either for my whole class or individual students so I can identify where my students need extra practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The report card process is somewhat tricky and usually requires help from our school's technology coordinator. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to see any gaps individual students or whole classes may have in their learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Computer Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education
What do you like best?

I like that student information is easily accessible through Illuminate's website. Also, there are pre-built reports that educators have access to. For instance, our school district has a pre-built report that includes all student's GAFE usernames and passwords.This helps teachers print out and organize a list of all the GAFE information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a student's profile takes time to be updated. Also, if you are not sure where the reports are located it can take some time to find them if you are not familiar with the website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Illuminate education is a web based platform that allows educators to gather student information/history. It is easy to use and accessible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a teacher, if I need to look up any information for a student I use Illuminate. For example, if I need a student's username or student ID number--I am able to access it all through Illuminate. I can also see some of the student's educational history. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PowerSchool Admin/Pupil Accountant
What do you like best?

I like the thought that when taking assessments everything is in one location, however I find the product difficult to maneuver Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer support is lacking, time zone issues as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would research your options, I wish is was connected with PowerSchool like unified classrooms. To many issues with overnight exports as well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have used help support on numerous occasions, I find it difficult to get answers due to their 3 hour time diference Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

8th Grade ELA Teacher
Education Management
What do you like best?

I like the large array of reports that you are able to generate with this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program is not very easy to use. It required a lot of self-guided training and a lot of district-wide trainings. It is also somewhat unreliable as it malfunctions often. The website has issues in the middle of student tests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient when learning to use the program. Tech support is helpful, but you do have to call them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As educators, we are able to thoroughly analyze and track student performance in a number of ways using this software. It makes assessing easier, when it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like the easy of taking attendance, adding notes to student accounts, ability to see data and information on my students, and a streamlined system for my grades. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It crashes more often than I would like. It would help if the system would notify me when students have a specific number of tardies/absences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly consider this system. It is easy to use even for those that may not be very tech savvy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is streamlining the system for our teachers. It is providing us with one system and one set of vocabulary in terms of attendance/grades. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

2nd & 3rd Grade Teacher
Education Management
What do you like best?

I like that I can easily see graphs. I also appreciate the ability to make quizzes and assessments. It is a one stop shop for teaching.Additionally, I like being able to use the grade book function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike as of yet. Perhaps the option to fill in answers on the student end can be simplified. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it and see that it can be helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All data is located in the same area. It is easy to look for trends among the grade level and per school site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

7th grade Language Arts & Social Studies Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education
What do you like best?

Illuminate is a great data tracking program. Not only are the grade books easy to set up and use, but integrating assessments using Illuminate is simple as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Oftentimes grades take some time to update on the student side, causing frustration and anxiety to students who are monitoring their own grades. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Utilize the trainings available from the company. Illuminate has so many features, and they are constantly rolling out updates, that the initial training is vital. Once you have a basic understanding of how to use the product, you can use webinars and tutorials that Illuminate Education offers on their site to learn and utilize the new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were in need of a way for parents to monitor student progress as often as they'd like without having to first contact the teacher. When we stumbled upon Illuminate, we realized this was a great tool, especially with Google Apps integration. Students and parents are able to log in using home connect and monitor grades and progress. When any issues arise, parents are able to contact teachers to address these needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Answer documents are quick and easy to scan and give quick results Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to neater multiple versions. It’s not that easy to show students which answers they got wrong Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it for multiple choice tests. It’s not so great for written responses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Illuminate makes grading multiple choice tests fast and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I like how I can access information on the internet, no matter where I am. I also like how there is a variety of information available to me on the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The exporting from my grade book to report cards is not friendly and does not work well. I would love to be able to directly export my grade book to the report card, but it doesn't give me the freedom to control how to make my grade book grades translate to the report card grades - it has to be a whole-district decision. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is a great way to share information about students with many people without having to come to the office to look it up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I like the wide range of reports it provides teachers after administering an assessment. I also like how you can live proctor an assessment and see if students are getting the correct answers in the moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the format is not always user-friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizing data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like that the system guides users quickly and simply through creating an IEP. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The progress reports graphs are confusing to parents and teachers. Perhaps line graphs aren't the best way to display progress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps users stay compliant with due dates and legal requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Speech Language Pathologist
Education Management
What do you like best?

Useful to obtain information but complicated to navigate for individuals who don't use it on a daily basis or don't use it to obtain a variety of information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Really not user friendly and intuitive for someone who uses it maybe once every two weeks to obtain one report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adequate for management of student information, from state testing scores to report cards to special factors such as special education or English language learner. Not as intuitive to use as I would like, but it does the job for what it is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can look up student test scores and report cards. It allows me to download them as a PDF and include it in my reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I love that I can scan my answer keys instead of having to input every student's answers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are so many different ways to analyze data that I do not know what to pick sometimes!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definitely recommend Illuminate!! You can learn so much about your students!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data analysis is so important in teaching so you can help students! Illuminate makes analysis so much easier Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.