HPE Nimble Storage

4.8

Nimble Storage is a flash-optimized storage solution that provides backup storage and data protection for business data.

Work for HPE Nimble Storage?

Learning about HPE Nimble Storage?

HPE Nimble Storage Reviews

Showing 12 HPE Nimble Storage reviews
HPE Nimble Storage review by Jeff K.
Jeff K.

"Nimble Storage Simplifies Storage"

What do you like best?

Nimble has made the process of managing a storage environment possible for even the novice. I like the web interface they provide as well as their infosight product which really goes above and beyond what they would really have to offer.

What do you dislike?

Thus far, I haven't disliked anything. I feel they are leaps and bounds ahead of many of the competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purchase price was great and actually cheaper than most competitors but yet I felt like the product was better put together and further along than most of the others.

We needed to upgrade our storage to something faster as well as expand the amount of storage available to us. We did all of this without any disruption to the end users. The process was laid out well in their documentation as well as their support team being excellent. I have been nothing but impressed with their support team. I've opened up low priority tickets before and have had them solved within a couple of hours and the support contacts have always been nothing short of amazing when working on even my simple problems.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about HPE Nimble Storage
HPE Nimble Storage review by Tom S.
Tom S.

"Predictive Storage"

What do you like best?

The predictive memory caching really helps in our environment, snapshots encryption and replication for DR were all important factors in the decision making process so as Nimble has all of these features it was easy to select the product.

What do you dislike?

Not much, it's a good product that works well. My only gripe is that before the HPE takeover I found the support to be more helpful, I guess this is because they were only Nimble storage engineers and now that it has been merged into HPE the support guys have to support more than one product but I'm sure in time there subject matter will improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you use the sizing tools to appropriately size your environment

Helping us speed up SQL performance and generating reports quickly saves the business time, and you know what time equals, money! So the powers that be are very happy with this result. Of course DR is also a big concern for them and they are now happy that our DR plan is sufficient.

What Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solution do you use?

HPE Nimble Storage review by Rahul T.
Rahul T.

""HPE Nimble Storage" - Great Solution with high flexibility"

What do you like best?

I like how Nimble uses flash storage and provide different types of flash arrays.Nimble has made the process of managing a storage environment possible for even the novice. The ability to distribute the storage to a number of different categories is very quickly.

What do you dislike?

The purchase price was great and actually cheaper than most competitors but yet I felt like the product was better put together and further along than most of the others.Latency is almost always going to be because of a saturated cache if storage is your bottleneck.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to implement

The process was laid out well in their documentation as well as their support team is excellent.We looked at other options, but the performance gains from going with Nimble largely impacted our choice.I've opened up low priority tickets before and have had them solved within a couple of hours.

HPE Nimble Storage review by Josh R.
Josh R.

"Fast and reliable"

What do you like best?

I like how Nimble uses flash storage. The virtual machines I have residing on our Nimble preform disk writes cleanly and quickly.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive. While the price tag is a lot to swallow, the benefits will eventually outweigh the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If budget allows, even though it is a more expensive option, I highly recommend going this route vs. other competitors.

The problem we needed to solve was a simple one. "What is going to house the data we write to our virtual machines?" We looked at other options, but the performance gains from going with Nimble largely impacted our choice.

HPE Nimble Storage review by Michael R.
Michael R.

"Nimble review"

What do you like best?

The ability to distribute the storage to a number of different categories and deploy the san so quickly.

What do you dislike?

Not much I dislike about the product to be honest, nothing I can really point out.

The problems we are solving with HPE Nimble is deploying storage to our clients in an easier fashion, leaves more time for our technicians to spend elsewhere on other projects rather than having to setup.

HPE Nimble Storage review by Administrator

"Loving our Nimble"

What do you like best?

We love HPE's customer support. The user-friendly interface is amazing.

What do you dislike?

It's a little louder than the other storage devices we own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setting up our HPE Nimble Storage was easy and painless. There were a few hiccups along the way, but HPE's support staff helped us get up and running quickly.

We've been able to speed up our backups by leveraging the nimble's integration with Veeam.

HPE Nimble Storage review by Marco R.
Marco R.

"Nimble review"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can add storage to an environment, without any downtime.

What do you dislike?

I really dont have anything that I dislike, everything about has resolved our issues as far as deploying storage to VMs, data centers, etc.

The business problems we have been solving is mainly storage. The ability to add or move storage around environments and networks is key.

HPE Nimble Storage review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Nimble storage"

What do you like best?

Nimble storage is affordable and performant SAN!

What do you dislike?

Lack of an active active configuration, if they would change this it would change our us of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to implement, we sent several staff to training though. This greatly increased their usability and acceptance.

Affordable and quick speed SAN.

HPE Nimble Storage review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Best Storage Array avialable in market today"

What do you like best?

Deduplication Feature gives really good compression of data, Snapshot is really easy and restores as well. World class customer experience.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it creates a problem in VMware if the same LUNID is not available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's one of the best storage array solutions with world-class customer support. It's cost effective as well.

We have used the storage array as our storage solution. We use the snapshot feature and Deduplication always.

HPE Nimble Storage review by Internal Consultant in Government Administration
Internal Consultant in Government Administration

"Nimble is the way to go for storage needs"

What do you like best?

The fact that nimble is all flash with adaptive flash arrays, that has a backup disaster recovery to save important data

What do you dislike?

Very costly if someone is trying to upgrade their data center

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely recommended for expanding businesses to utilize their storage needs

Storage problems that need to be customizable. All-flash helps with the customization of storage needs

HPE Nimble Storage review by User

"Very impressed"

What do you like best?

I worked at an office that had a few of these and I think it’s safe to say that everyone saw the value of them.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much. It was easy to access the data and readily available!

The amount of data that could be kept at our fingertips

HPE Nimble Storage review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Very good storage for the price"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and price. Its competitively priced and has great expansion options based on the base model.

What do you dislike?

The company at the time was nimble alone and was a little rocky to deal with.

EMR Test systems

Learning about HPE Nimble Storage?

* We monitor all HPE Nimble Storage reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.