I've used Haiku Deck for 7 years independently, but after shifting primarily to Google Slides, I hadn't used the platform as much lately. However, I recently discovered the add-on for Slides and couldn't be more excited! Here's why I love it:
- It adds a ton of ideas, options, and inspiration for your slide deck template. Haiku offers hundreds of templates.
- The add-on is free! Free is awesome, especially when it's good quality. There is a subscription version, but I was pleased with the free version.
- They offer thousands of free images that are approved and Creative Common licensed. You don't have to worry or filter or read the fine print, The add-on does it for you. Plus, it makes it easy to cite your sources - great for teaching students about Digital Citizenship.
- The images are excellent quality, too. No grainy, pixelated images.
- It works smoothly. I did not have any lagging at all, as is common with other add-ons.
- If you are familiar with Slides, them this is extremely easy to learn to use and navigate. A natural, well-designed interface.
I have no real complaints; although, it would be nice if they'd allow you to use more than 5 images for free on the free version. I enjoy Haiku, but some users may find this.to be redundant and useless when you consider the Explore feature (for image searching) that's already built into Slides.