Execupay

Work for Execupay?

Learning about Execupay?

Execupay Reviews

Showing 12 Execupay reviews
Execupay review by Roger C.
Roger C.

"Execupay's Payroll Module"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Execupay handles our ongoing, basic-level timecards and payroll processing. We are given thorough, detailed reports about how the payroll was processed each time we input a different payroll. This level of documentation is critical for us since we have different types of calendar payperiods and CPA-level audits of our financial operations. This also aids us in identifying and correcting any payroll errors.

What do you like best?

Streamlining Payroll

Our partnership with Execupay makes payroll processing a fairly painless process. I would advise working closely with your representative and watching the first payroll that is processed if you decide to add a deduction, change any automated accrual rules, etc. With that said, the effort is worth it, as payroll is simplified using this software - automates employees' accruals of benefits, sends payments, imports from a timeclock file, allows the input of negative "-" values for easy adjustments and error corrections, and more!

What do you dislike?

General Ledger Reconciliation

Note: This is a future improvement and not so much a flaw.

Auditors frequently ask for payroll reconciliations to the General Ledger. While I do not expect Execupay to interface with a General Ledger, it would be nice if Execupay's software had a way to setup and customize or even "ad-hoc" a report that lines up with our General Ledger that does not come from us in the form of an editable (and therefore easy-to-manipulate) Excel spreadsheet. There is a General Ledger report available but is not able to line up with every business' General Ledger nuances nor does it account for errors as of the time of this writing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consult your colleagues to see if Execupay is right for your size and budget!

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Execupay
Execupay review by Nicola F.
Nicola F.

"Execupay Services"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I am based in the UK and switched my payroll to Execupay from another provider in the states to manage the payroll of my US employees.

What do you like best?

They are very prompt in getting back to me with ay queries that I raise, being in UK I don't always understand what the various employment and taxation regulations are in the UK but Execupay have been there to guide me through.

What do you dislike?

It wasn't very clear what services were being provided when they took over from my previous payroll provider which meant that I had missed things that should have been in place, mainly due to my ignorance. It would have been good if they had a checklist of things that they could give me to say this what you should have in place, this is what we provide and this you will have to get elsewhere. It would have saved me a lot of time in getting letters from various US agencies where I haven't complied with something I should have.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very good company to work with but make sure you understand what you are getting i.e. what is going to be Execupay's responsibility and what is yours so that you do not fall foul of the system. For me as well the time difference can be a challenge but actually they are very accommodating because of this issue.

What Payroll Services solution do you use?

Execupay review by Jennifer E.
Jennifer E.

"Worst Customer Service EVER"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

I am currently using BambooHR and decided to add BambooPayroll. No one mentioned in the sales calls that Bamboo Payroll is actually Execupay.

What do you like best?

My employees are getting paid. Only a few of them have been affected by the mistakes that have been made by Execupay.

What do you dislike?

I have had multiple "payroll specialists" and feel like I am being passed around. Bamboo Payroll promised general ledger reports and customized reports, but Execupay has been unable to provide this to me. Calls and emails go unanswered. I had to elevate my issues to a manager and she has been unhelpful as well. I've never been ignored so much in my life. Mistakes have been made on bonuses done by my payroll specialist. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find another payroll solution.

Execupay review by Manager/Operations in Staffing and Recruiting
Manager/Operations in Staffing and Recruiting

"Execupay Services"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

Payroll processing for a variety of organizations.

What do you like best?

Flexible payroll processing, real-time payroll processing reports

What do you dislike?

Report are inconsistently available, report names are meaningless, there is no ad-hoc reporting, features don't totally work - like there is a checkbox on the employee document upload to select "employee can view document" but there is no place on the employee portal to view the document. There is also no way for managers to upload these documents or make a performance note for themselves. For the lists, you can make "document type" and "document sub-type" but you cannot designate the "sub-type" of the document. The "workflow" of the performance module doesn't integrate with itself (you have multiple overlapping fields but cannot follow a single document through an established process). I could go on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good, solid and flexible payroll tool. The product and support will work for any organization which does not need services beyond payroll and has a timekeeping system that will export to CSV.

Execupay review by Jeannie D.
Jeannie D.

"Extremely helpful and patient Execupay professionals."

Describe the project or task the product helped with

All things payroll related. Beginning to end.

What do you like best?

If I have questions about the process, the professionals at Execupay are patient and clear about their explanations.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. They tailored their services to my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Regardless of your payroll size or your accounting abilities, Execupay treats you with respect. They realize that I'm busy running my business and if I forget to turn in my payroll, they contact me with reminders regarding my looming deadline. They make my payroll responsibilities easy.

Execupay review by Meg W.
Meg W.

"Execupay Payroll"

Weekly Online Payroll Processing Service, Taxes, Timekeeping

What do you like best?

We have used Execupay for over 10 years and couldn't be happier. Execupay is reliable, consistent and provides an affordable product that is easy to use. I love my payroll specialist & that I've only had 2 in the last 10 + years, versus other places where I had a new specialist every other week.

What do you dislike?

There is not much we dislike, Execupay has been great to work with!

Execupay review by Owner/Principal
Owner/Principal

"EXECUPAY - Don't Buy It!"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I have used Execupay for 8 years. There is NO customer service. When things do not work correctly, no have no recourse. I have waited 7 months more a plain jane report to be fixed. Doesn't metter how many of their "tickets" you put into the system, it really doesn't matter to them.

What do you like best?

They have online consistency. The people who keep this platform running are very good at what they do.

What do you dislike?

If I would've known 8 years ago what I know now about how I would be treated by Execupay, I would not have purchased their product. Execupay is basically single handedly taking me out of business because they will not fix issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not buy this product, after you buy it, they will never help you again.

Execupay review by Other in Accounting
Other in Accounting

"Somewhat like an Apple product: hard to figure out, but once you do it's fairly easy to use"

Describe the project or task the product helped with

I use the product everyday to input payroll for my payroll clients.

What do you like best?

The basic, everyday features are easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The software is constantly being "updated", which in turn creates issues in areas which previously worked. It seems the quality control is almost non existent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not commit to purchasing this product unless you have used it for at least a year and can deal, with the constant changes and bugs.

Execupay review by Manager/Operations in Accounting
Manager/Operations in Accounting

"Inconsistent and Unexplainable Processing Errors"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Process payroll for 58 employees across 5 companies.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is a web-based program and it is also very easy to use

What do you dislike?

Unexplainable and inconsistent errors while processing payroll, such as duplicate lines of pay codes. Was not thorough in resolving issues with payroll tax agencies which required multiple follow up.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch the accuracy of the program. Review pre-process reports.

Execupay review by Manager/Operations in Computer & Network Security
Manager/Operations in Computer & Network Security

"Needs better software"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

For the most part, the customer service is pretty good. However, the software is very buggy and shuts down periodically.

What do you like best?

My account manager is fairly responsive and this year the ACA reporting was vastly improved.

What do you dislike?

The payroll system software is not optimal. Also, I have a hard time getting employees into their personal portals to access their own payroll data.

Execupay review by Owner/Principal in Defense & Space
Owner/Principal in Defense & Space

"Execupay Reliability"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Managing payroll for multiple employees including tax filing.

What do you like best?

Very reliable. Prompt responses to inquiries.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that jumps out at me in this category.

Execupay review by Manager/Operations in Construction
Manager/Operations in Construction

"provided payroll management services and tax reporting"

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

provided payroll management services and tax reporting

What do you like best?

ease of process and online platform, timely tax reports

What do you dislike?

I can't think of any problems at this time

Learning about Execupay?

* We monitor all Execupay reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.