Execupay Reviews & Product Details

Execupay Overview

What is Execupay?

For over 40 years, Execupay has been a leading provider of payroll and HR Solutions for both small and medium sized businesses covering payroll, time and labor management, talent acquisition, talent management, and HR management for thousands of businesses and millions of employees throughout the United States and over 25 other countries. The company also licenses payroll service software and offers private-label partnership opportunities, which include Sam's Club, BBVA Compass, YODLEE, CSI, and more. Execupay strives to combine our vast experience with today’s technology to bring innovation to payroll and human resources, making enterprise-level features available for the first time to small and mid-market businesses. This innovation, coupled with our White Glove Promise, empowers our customers and allows them to focus on growing their business.

Execupay Details

Location
Already have Execupay?
Human Resources Associate
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The initial function is to release data problems in order to relieve payment stress, usually the company needs a payment system to provide payment solutions such as employees, networks or software, it is usually very detailed and has offered us great help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

By using Execupay we can manage our payroll in a more versatile way. The human resources team is in favor of the well-being of the staff and their comfort, since by doing so we can obtain mutual benefits. Now performing a performance review and managing different types of employee time off makes it easier to manage daily payments, avoiding complaints and strikes within the organization. We manage the administration of the business economy in a more optimal way, with the goal of preserving and improving the benefits of all workers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The way in which the same employees can access the payroll on their own is not the most optimal, since it can be confusing for those who do not know how to handle it easily, it is extremely important that they are up to date on the issues related to their payments, for us it is nothing more than a feature that should be improved, since it is not a problem because we provide advice and guide ourselves during the process of entry and navigation within the platform, so that they do not allow setbacks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

For the company that has setbacks with its HR team, as well as those that obtain a merely large number of employees and find payroll management a tedious process, Execupay and its functions is the specific tool to solve this labor need . You can quickly manage the payroll of any number of workers, in a controlled, detailed and systematic way. Its interface does not contain errors, is very clean and intuitive, in addition, its support team is very responsive, which allows you to comfortably start a conversation to find solutions to any situation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We manage our company's money better, so we can easily offer various benefits that the entire team wants, including workers' compensation plans, and health and life care plans. When we need new income to the various departments, we can capture them and first carry out a due study that can reach the WOTC and the background check, allowing the teams to grow while being certain that they are the best option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I am currently using BambooHR and decided to add BambooPayroll. No one mentioned in the sales calls that Bamboo Payroll is actually Execupay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My employees are getting paid. Only a few of them have been affected by the mistakes that have been made by Execupay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had multiple "payroll specialists" and feel like I am being passed around. Bamboo Payroll promised general ledger reports and customized reports, but Execupay has been unable to provide this to me. Calls and emails go unanswered. I had to elevate my issues to a manager and she has been unhelpful as well. I've never been ignored so much in my life. Mistakes have been made on bonuses done by my payroll specialist. It shouldn't be this difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Find another payroll solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OA
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have used Execupay for 8 years. There is NO customer service. When things do not work correctly, no have no recourse. I have waited 7 months more a plain jane report to be fixed. Doesn't metter how many of their "tickets" you put into the system, it really doesn't matter to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They have online consistency. The people who keep this platform running are very good at what they do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I would've known 8 years ago what I know now about how I would be treated by Execupay, I would not have purchased their product. Execupay is basically single handedly taking me out of business because they will not fix issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Do not buy this product, after you buy it, they will never help you again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CFO
Banking
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Execupay handles our ongoing, basic-level timecards and payroll processing. We are given thorough, detailed reports about how the payroll was processed each time we input a different payroll. This level of documentation is critical for us since we have different types of calendar payperiods and CPA-level audits of our financial operations. This also aids us in identifying and correcting any payroll errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Streamlining Payroll

Our partnership with Execupay makes payroll processing a fairly painless process. I would advise working closely with your representative and watching the first payroll that is processed if you decide to add a deduction, change any automated accrual rules, etc. With that said, the effort is worth it, as payroll is simplified using this software - automates employees' accruals of benefits, sends payments, imports from a timeclock file, allows the input of negative "-" values for easy adjustments and error corrections, and more! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

General Ledger Reconciliation

Note: This is a future improvement and not so much a flaw.

Auditors frequently ask for payroll reconciliations to the General Ledger. While I do not expect Execupay to interface with a General Ledger, it would be nice if Execupay's software had a way to setup and customize or even "ad-hoc" a report that lines up with our General Ledger that does not come from us in the form of an editable (and therefore easy-to-manipulate) Excel spreadsheet. There is a General Ledger report available but is not able to line up with every business' General Ledger nuances nor does it account for errors as of the time of this writing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Consult your colleagues to see if Execupay is right for your size and budget! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OA
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I use the product everyday to input payroll for my payroll clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The basic, everyday features are easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software is constantly being "updated", which in turn creates issues in areas which previously worked. It seems the quality control is almost non existent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Do not commit to purchasing this product unless you have used it for at least a year and can deal, with the constant changes and bugs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Group HR Manager
Media Production
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I am based in the UK and switched my payroll to Execupay from another provider in the states to manage the payroll of my US employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They are very prompt in getting back to me with ay queries that I raise, being in UK I don't always understand what the various employment and taxation regulations are in the UK but Execupay have been there to guide me through. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It wasn't very clear what services were being provided when they took over from my previous payroll provider which meant that I had missed things that should have been in place, mainly due to my ignorance. It would have been good if they had a checklist of things that they could give me to say this what you should have in place, this is what we provide and this you will have to get elsewhere. It would have saved me a lot of time in getting letters from various US agencies where I haven't complied with something I should have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Very good company to work with but make sure you understand what you are getting i.e. what is going to be Execupay's responsibility and what is yours so that you do not fall foul of the system. For me as well the time difference can be a challenge but actually they are very accommodating because of this issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MS
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Payroll processing for a variety of organizations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Flexible payroll processing, real-time payroll processing reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Report are inconsistently available, report names are meaningless, there is no ad-hoc reporting, features don't totally work - like there is a checkbox on the employee document upload to select "employee can view document" but there is no place on the employee portal to view the document. There is also no way for managers to upload these documents or make a performance note for themselves. For the lists, you can make "document type" and "document sub-type" but you cannot designate the "sub-type" of the document. The "workflow" of the performance module doesn't integrate with itself (you have multiple overlapping fields but cannot follow a single document through an established process). I could go on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

It is a good, solid and flexible payroll tool. The product and support will work for any organization which does not need services beyond payroll and has a timekeeping system that will export to CSV. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/Operator
Medical Devices
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

All things payroll related. Beginning to end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

If I have questions about the process, the professionals at Execupay are patient and clear about their explanations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. They tailored their services to my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Regardless of your payroll size or your accounting abilities, Execupay treats you with respect. They realize that I'm busy running my business and if I forget to turn in my payroll, they contact me with reminders regarding my looming deadline. They make my payroll responsibilities easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President
Consumer Services
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Weekly Online Payroll Processing Service, Taxes, Timekeeping Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We have used Execupay for over 10 years and couldn't be happier. Execupay is reliable, consistent and provides an affordable product that is easy to use. I love my payroll specialist & that I've only had 2 in the last 10 + years, versus other places where I had a new specialist every other week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much we dislike, Execupay has been great to work with! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MA
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Process payroll for 58 employees across 5 companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is a web-based program and it is also very easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unexplainable and inconsistent errors while processing payroll, such as duplicate lines of pay codes. Was not thorough in resolving issues with payroll tax agencies which required multiple follow up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Watch the accuracy of the program. Review pre-process reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

For the most part, the customer service is pretty good. However, the software is very buggy and shuts down periodically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My account manager is fairly responsive and this year the ACA reporting was vastly improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The payroll system software is not optimal. Also, I have a hard time getting employees into their personal portals to access their own payroll data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OD
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Managing payroll for multiple employees including tax filing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very reliable. Prompt responses to inquiries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that jumps out at me in this category. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

provided payroll management services and tax reporting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

ease of process and online platform, timely tax reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of any problems at this time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.