DocSecrets for G Suite

DocSecrets is an add-on for Google Docs that hides and encrypts sensitive information such as passwords or an idea for a patent.

Work for DocSecrets for G Suite?

Learning about DocSecrets for G Suite?

DocSecrets for G Suite Reviews

Showing 11 DocSecrets for G Suite reviews
DocSecrets for G Suite review by Russell S. P.
Russell S. P.

"Interesting idea as an add-on"

What do you like best?

Doc secrets is certainly an interesting add-on with potential. It's a fairly simple idea and seemed to work well with minimal issues. Here's what I like best:

- With the add-on you have the ability (as the creator) to block others from seeing certain content on your Doc. You may still want collaborators, which is great, but the add-on emables you to keep certain parts of a Doc private.

- It's responsive to your movement. If I move the cursor to "protected" locations, it brings this to your attention. Nice idea.

- You have the freedom to reveal certain secrets to certain collaborators.

- Easy to get going, minimal learning curve.

- Extremely simple design - so simple that some may find the colors problematic.

What do you dislike?

My biggest concern was there was no "safety net." This is not backed through your Google account anyhow, so if someone forgets the code/password, that sensitive/secret info is gone forever (so it seems). A security question feature would be nice. Another idea would be to give users options with regards to the color coding.

The ability to hide sensitive data/info within a Doc, yet still give collaborators access to work on and edit the Doc.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about DocSecrets for G Suite
DocSecrets for G Suite review by Ranadan A.
Ranadan A.

"Docsecret gives me power over my documents."

What do you like best?

Docsecret is intuitive and as is the case with majority of Google add-ons I have tried over the years,it is easy to use.Docsecret primarily puts control over personal and official documents I share with everyone on my hands,allowing me decide what is viewable and accessible to everyone by encrypting parts of documents,which I do not want accessed by third parties.

What do you dislike?

We can talk about the non-provision of a recovery process,Incase I ever forget the password I used in locking a document on Docsecret.While this hasn’t happened to me,I am human and therefore prone to errors.

I create a lot of documents with Google docs from official documentations to personal documents,which contain sensitive information I wouldn’t want unauthorized access to.With Docsecret,I am able to lock out an entire document or parts of the document,which contains what I do not want seen by a third party.

What G Suite Office Tools solution do you use?

DocSecrets for G Suite review by Joy O.
Joy O.

"Docsecret puts control in my hands."

What do you like best?

I love that Docsecret is a free to install add-on,it has an intuitive interface and it is so easy to use.I have relied on Docsecret to hide sections of documents I pass around teams and departments in my organization.

What do you dislike?

I have to be extra careful to note the password I use in locking every document,otherwise I get locked out of the document forever .Since Docsecret offers no password reset functionality.

It is normal for official documentations to be passed from individuals,to teams and across departments.However some of these documents contain sensitive informations which shouldn’t be public and this is where Docsecret comes in for me. It allows me to lock out parts of any official documents with a password,thereby ensuring only authorized persons within the organization can access sensitive informations on official documentations.

DocSecrets for G Suite review by Seyi T.
Seyi T.

"Docsecret provides my documents with added security."

What do you like best?

Docsecret is free to add and install on my Google docs.With Docsecret I have complete control over every single document I create with my google docs.Thus aside from my documents being somewhat already secured on my Google Drive,Dcsecrets allow me add an extra layer of security by adding an access password.

What do you dislike?

I have in time past lost access to documents because I somewhat forgot the password I used in locking them.I will think it is only normal,that there is a password recovery process to navigate this bottleneck whenever it arises.

Docsecret enable me secure my personal documents from unauthorized third party access,by locking them with a password known only to myself.I have also used it to lock official departmental documents ,ensuring only authorized departmental staffs have access to them.

DocSecrets for G Suite review by Damilola T.
Damilola T.

"Control over my documents is power."

What do you like best?

I find Docsecret easy to use,and like most Gsuite add-ons it is free.I have relied on Docsecret to control who has access to what on my personal and official documentations ,especially when I have to share them.

What do you dislike?

The only negative part of this tool,is the inability to recover locked documents if I ever forget my password.

I use doc secret to encrypt parts of documents I share with my peers at works,ensuring they only see what I want them to see.Also I have used Docsecret to lockout word files I create ,which contain sensitive personal data I wouldn’t want unauthorized access to.

DocSecrets for G Suite review by Dele C.
Dele C.

"Hands-on control over shared documents."

What do you like best?

Docsecret is a free Google and-on,

I find it easy to install,

Also it is easy to use because of how intuitive it is,

Gives me control over every aspect of documents I share.

What do you dislike?

There is currently no provision on Docsecret for the possibility of forgetting ones password.I will think with a tool like this,there should be a password recovery process available.

Docsecret has come in handy when documents are shared across different teams and multiple individuals in my organization.Allowing me lockout parts of shared documents to ensure every team only has access to the part of the document which concerns them.

DocSecrets for G Suite review by Abimbola D.
Abimbola D.

"Control over documents I share."

What do you like best?

I find Docsecret easy to use ,it is a free add-on which offers me control over documents I share with people,both in my official and personal capacity.

What do you dislike?

There are times I simply forgot the password I used in saving a document, and there was no way to get around it. A provision for password reset or security question will be a good addition to Docsecret.

Sometimes I am required to share the same documents with different teams, Docsecret enable me lock parts of such documents.Thus ensuring teams only view the part of the documents that relates to them.

DocSecrets for G Suite review by Tula A.
Tula A.

"Easy control over documents."

What do you like best?

It is free to use,

Easy to install as an add-on,

Intuitive,just like most Google doc add-ons,

Enable me hide parts of any word documents.

What do you dislike?

As is the case with all humans,there is always the possibility that I could forget the password I used in locking up a document.However,it is surprising that Docsecret has no way around such an occurrence.

I use Docsecret to lockup entire documents or parts of project documents being passed from one team to another,within the organization.Ensuring every team is only able to access parts of the documents related to them.

DocSecrets for G Suite review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Keep your secret online"

What do you like best?

DocSecrets is an app which you can use to hide confidential information such as passwords, patent ideas or other secrets. You may edit, reveal or remove your secrets. DocSecrets automatically tracks your cursor position and highlights the current secret. You can share your documents with your partner by revealing your passphrase to your collaborators so that they can view and edit secrets.

What do you dislike?

It might stop working unexpectedly so you better keep a backup of your data somewhere. The encryption works though it would take a little time to do and it doesn't seem to maintain formatting thing. Some people say that It gives a password hint that reveals half of the keyspace.

Answers for final exams. We can share and discuss the answers together and keep our discussion in confiedential

DocSecrets for G Suite review by Bolatito T.
Bolatito T.

"DocSecret gives me more control over my documents."

What do you like best?

Just like all Google docs add-on,Docsecret is easy to install,use and of course it is free.It basically offers me control over word documents I share ,allowing me hide sections of any document ,containing sensitive informations I don’t want to share.

What do you dislike?

Lacks a password reset or secret question provision,that will enable me to reset my password Incase I forget it.

I use DocSecret to encrypt and hide sections of documents I share with my colleagues to ensure it is only accessed with my permission.

DocSecrets for G Suite review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Overall positive"

What do you like best?

Easy integration, trustworthy and reliable platform

What do you dislike?

Password hint gives away half the password which kind of defeats the purpose

Remembering passwords and ideas

Learning about DocSecrets for G Suite?

* We monitor all DocSecrets for G Suite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.