Baidu Reviews & Product Details

Baidu Overview

What is Baidu?

Baidu was founded in 2000 by Internet pioneer Robin Li, creator of visionary search technology Hyperlink Analysis, with the mission of providing people with the best way to find information and connect users with services.

Baidu Details

NASDAQ:BIDU
2000
Beijing, China
21,628 employees on LinkedIn®
Answer a few questions to help the Baidu community
Have you used Baidu before?

Baidu Reviews

Showing 17 Baidu reviews
Location
Already have Baidu?
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

After the cessation of Google's activities in China for legal reasons, Baidu's search engine was opened in China and Baidu became one of the most popular search engines in the world in a short time. Aiming to enable internet users to surf safely, Baidu Browser is distributed completely free of charge and Baidu search engine is used by default. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The scanner has unique functions: motion control, Creating a screenshot, Simple and comfortable design: grouping nails in height, the panel already has all the necessary tools. You can mute the audio in all browser tabs at the same time. The built-in Facebook widget will simplify the use of the social network. It has a wide variety of skins, Gesture control, and the ability to take screenshots. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If we talk about the disadvantages, we should only mention a problem. You cannot create the movements yourself. Other than that, I don't think there are any drawbacks or problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Baidu Browser is a fast and extremely lightweight web browser with advanced features. There are two different versions of Baidu Browser that can be used on both desktop and Android operating systems. In general, software and services produced by Baidu do not pose any risk to computer users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Baidu values ​​its users and works through the user, so everything in Baidu is tailored to the user. Baidu offers many user-specific platforms, just like Google. You want to do business with China, but first, you need to promote your brand. Your Chinese potential customers use Baidu, not Google, you can reach them with Baidu SEO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Analista de sistema
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The usage scenario are computers and notebooks from the technical area that we were using to try new technology solutions with great cost benefit and then put into production. Baidu was a chosen anti malware and has surprised the entire IT infrastructure team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very good and quality anti malware software that meets our expectations. Baidu has a different interface and easy to find each function of anti malware. It is easy to make and schedule simple and complete scans. It also protects the mailbox against spam and phishing. Because it is free software, it exceeds expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No problems with Baidu to report. Its interface is great, support is good and never failed in any function. Protection is always active and free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can say that it is much better than the great competition of free anti malware available for download. Baidu really surprised positively and protects against any type of attack by malware, viruses, worms, trojans, Trojan horses, spam, phishing, ddos, and other things. Support also helps when you need or have a problem with the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

RPA Developer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Baidu was tested by us on twenty computers in a branch and we liked it a lot. It is better than the big free competitors that have been on the market for many years. In addition to viruses, baidu has artificial intelligence that recognizes anomalies by analyzing the behavior of the network. Protects against spam, trojans, pishing, worms and many others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I liked most were the various features that the tool has advanced protection coupled with a good interface man x machine and constant updates of vaccines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In just a moment the software consumed a lot of CPU memory, but in general the performance is good and rarely presents any error for us users. Anything that cannot be excluded, Baidu places it in quarantine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits are great protection 24 hours a day, very low cost, several advanced security features, friendly interface for easy understanding and location of functions, protection in the browser and email. It is software that is second only to the big paid tools on the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

RPA Developer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The Baidu database is all in the cloud, the queries, verification are checks with the cloud base. That is why in the analysis of anomalies there is actually a comparison and if something is out of the ordinary, it is likely to be a virtual threat. Baidu was tested by us on Windows and Android. The test was performed on 15 computers and 3 smartphones with android. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Conheci o Baidu por engano quando baixei um software qualquer na internet. Me surpreendi positivamente com esse antivírus no sistema operacional windows. O baidu funciona muito bem em segundo plano sem usar muita memória ram, a cpu não perde desempenho. A proteção também é agressiva e mantem atualizações todos os dias. Tem proteção contra virus, worms, malware, spyware, spam e trojans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I found a complete, efficient antivirus with a good database and protection against threats. The devices also did not report any system errors using Baidu. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The malware scan takes place in real time and the protection features are efficient. Scans are superficial or complete. The most interesting thing about this software and what we like is that Baidu analyzes the PC behaviorally. If something deviates from the standard, the threat alert is triggered. This for us system administrators is excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Developer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We have several Windows PCs that are online to run some testing services. In order not to leave you without protection, we installed Baidu and some others free of charge. And Baidu is not doing much better. It has proven to be very effective against attacks and to be more robust. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like it because it is a basic anti-malware and much better than free solutions available on the market. Baidu has an interesting, intelligent and intuitive interface. It's easy to find everything you need. Protects against emails, spam, web. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Baidu could keep itself updated. There are vaccines that are not yet in your database. But it's getting better and better. I haven't had any problems yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Baidu is an anti-malware that does not use a lot of CPU and PC memory. It works very well in the background against virtual threats. We have installed it on some PCs and it surprised us positively in some tests where some free undetected anomaly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

As our business required frequent travelling, research, and data safety in all ways without any compromise, we do have clients from various countries and we have used Baidu as search engine to find more accurate search results quickly, while travelling to China and India it helps us to find exact map locations, as Google maps sometime not work properly, and it always helped us as antivirus for our data on computers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Some of the key features that make us more loyal for Baidu includes, easy to use user interface for their quick search engine, easy accessibility on all devices, cost effective antivirus that protects our systems in a very efficient way, we do have been working with Baidu since last 3 years and very satisfied. There awesome browser and maps are also working properly without any issue and highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Overall Baidu is perfect for working in all ways but there are some negative features that need to be identify and resolved as earliest, one of the main issue with antivirus is the crashing issue and incompatibility with Windows 10 recent update 1903, there customer support is also not responding timely especially on weekends, as a professional their customer support team needs to be active 24/7. Some of the inappropriate ads that being published in Baidu search engine also make negative impact when you working in home and your kids around you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

It has very cheap pricing, easy to use interface, very efficient quick search engine, advanced browser, best locations finder tools, and very fast antivirus that work perfectly, we are using it on Windows and strongly recommended for new user, it really amazing and worth to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Baidu is being used as an employee in our organization who is able to do a lot of quick working for us, for our ongoing research it helping us to find resources quickly, protecting our computers with antivirus, and the main advantage of using it are very cheap pricing, high performance, and easy to use interface make us more loyal for Baidu, really very satisfied with its performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

A good antivirus that fulfills intermediate protection for the computer and the network. It has a much cheaper cost and surprised me by the amount of features and constant updates. This software uses little RAM and this is great. Protects against viruses, trojans, worms, malware in general. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The things I like most about Baidu are its low price, good performance on any type of computer, and protection against malware, viruses and worms. Every week the software is updated with the latest vaccines to keep your PC protected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

About the technical characteristics I see no problem. I would say it would give the interface a better layout, tool to facilitate access to some antivirus functions. The support leaves a little to be desired as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Comparing with the big players in the market, Baidu cannot be compared, but for anyone looking for an entry-level solution and even an intermediary and PC protection I recommend it. It is much better than the free antivirus known in the antivirus market. We used it on some computers that were without antivirus licenses and it has surprised us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Android Developer Intern
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I was working in shanghai for my project for wishto internet private limited. At that time i used baidu as a search engine for all my project related needs and it worked so fine that i was amazed of watching its performance . It helped me to find several project related queries like fixing bugs and many other things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Baidu is amazingly fast which makes me fan of this search engine and the results are so well filtered that anybody will love to use it while in my case i was using ot for my project related querries only and it worked more than fine in my case and makes me a happy user of baidu Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It usually comes with chinese language so we people who don;t know this language face a lot of difficulty in using it. so it should provide some feature to get queries or serach results in your favourite language and the language changing option must be easier to acces in ui so that anybody can use it wisely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Basically when i went to shanghai for my project then i tried baidu search engine for all my project related doubts and so it helped a lot in my projects. Baidu search results are so well filtered that it was very easy to fix my bugs that i was facing in my software using baidu serach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Analista de sistema
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The Baidu project aims to protect some older computers that we own and we no longer have licenses for other anit viruses. We chose baidu because it has low cost and great protection against malware. It surprised me positively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Optimal cost benefit. Adequate tool to protect my computers without spending a lot. I liked the management and control interface. Scans do not use much computer memory and vaccines are very up to date. I have already protected from various malware that could have been infected by accessing websites and emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I believe that the software is still being improved. I didn't see any problems like crashes or bugs. But you still need to think further to reach the big players. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I knew baidu only through virtual advertising. I decided to test it last year and I was surprised by the efficiency and cost benefit it has. It's cheap, with vaccine updates every day and scan reminders. For those who do not have much to spend it is much better than the free antivirus on the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Professional Freelancer
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Baidu helped in mapping purposes to find any location in china. As Google map was not working there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I was used Baidu when I have visited China for my M.Phill studies.

It was very nice app to find me in places.

I was used it everywhere in university to Public places. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have find out all my places when I have search out on Baidu. There is important features like more language should added in Baidu features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you shall visit china then must install this app. It will help you alot in finding the places in anyplace of the country. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It was very much helpful in trace out the any location in China. All public to private places added in this amazing app.

It will help in mapping purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Their antivirus is efficient and isnt as expensive as most on the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The thing i enjoy the most is the price efficiency vs performance that is maintained. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The language barrier is a bit of a problem when using the tool and i would like to see a new UI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you visit or work in China, You definitely need to get Baidu. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I feel the search engine is well optimized, when using it in projects i seem to get results much faster than using alternatives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I use Baidu services to do my assignment from the office I worked for. And Baidu do a good job and help me a lot Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I think I love the design the most, it is very informative and easy to use, it is a great service overall Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I ever have any bad experiences when I use Baidu, but I feel the server's speed could be improved Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I highly recommend you to use Baidu, it is a very good app to help you and I swear you will never regret your decision to use Baidu. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I solve a bunch of problems with Baidu that I can't even mention it, and I realize that Baidu helps my life a lot Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Used for various tasks as baidu have various services to make easy. Mainly used with clients in China where baidu is more dominant Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and very user friendly. Makes my working life way easier and I can get more done Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Takes time to get use to software and can be tricky at first but once comfortable it’s a great software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Integration is one thing as baidu connects with so many servers and brings them all together Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Relationship Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Used this website while I was working at Google, just to make a report on this Chinese browser. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nope, not that much. Chrome is much better and user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's complex and not at all user friendly. Also, it's not encrypted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I won't recommend Baidu to anyone. Reasons I've shared in above questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have just used it to make a report on it. I find it useless as we have Chrome beta version as browser which is way faster than Baidu. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have a real estate client and my company offered Baidu for entering dijital media in China as first step. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

marketing and SEO options. Baidu’s first search pages are packed with ads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

this platform is served by only Chinese. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you have a lan to enter china market and give message to Chinese, you should benefit from Baidu absolutely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need organic and paid user for our clients real estate company's china campaign. Baidu reaches 90% of Internet Users in China. It means cheap reach with people and high interaction rates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GA
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We started using Baidu at our offices to sort and filter Client data using an AI/UI. The task was to sort the respective client data and help after studying the same help the client to increase their ROI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

All the search parameters available were quite helpful in finding data as well the filter option to get the correct ROI was quite helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the Baidu User Interface. Also while filtering a large data field the results are a bit slow to appear. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Try to use the filter and sort options on small chunks of data so that the results are quicker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Calculating client ROI increase or decrease is the main problem we solved.

The benefits are huge as it helps to sort and filter data quite easily through its features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

It helped me a lot on my jon Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The features yiu get when you sign ip in the Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The way it sounds when you prenounxe its Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Great help when you need it in yiur company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not sure what you mean by that? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.