Arq

Arq Backup protects whichever files you tell it to back up, automatically, every hour. Arq Backup integrates with many different cloud providers. So if there is a cloud account with some extra space available, use it for encrypted, versioned backups of your important files.

Work for Arq?

Learning about Arq?

Categories

Arq Reviews

Showing 15 Arq reviews
Vinay A.

"Fantastic backup solution"

What do you like best?

I migrated to Arq+Backblaze B2 after Crashplan canceled their consumer service. It’s easy to setup with a variety of cloud services. The ability to configure email notifications gives me piece of mind that my backups are actually happening.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, Arq gets the job done. It didn’t take long to get working. I don’t have any complaints about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It requires some knowledge of cloud storage options and how to set them up.

Since I've purchased it, Arq offers their own cloud backup solution for only $59.99 / year. Since I purchased the perpetual standalone license, it's still cheaper for me to use it in conjunction with Backblaze B2. However, this may be a solid option for those just wanting turn-key backups.

Backing up my personal photo library and projects.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Arq
Andrew K.

"A secure and awesome backup app"

What do you like best?

In my line of work as an IT consultant I frequently recommend Arq to my clients.What I like about the application is that it is so secure in that it uses advanced encryption standards and that the data only leaves the computer after being encrypted with a password known to the owner. Some other outstanding features are;

1.Backups are stored in your cloud account, NAS or SFTP server protecting your data against theft, ransomware and disaster.

2. Periodic automatic backup.

3. Can be integrated with other cloud storage service providers.

4.Unlimited backup.

5. The app also keeps multiple versions of your files so that if you discover a file is corrupted, go back in time to get an earlier version.

6. Open and transpararent

What do you dislike?

Besides Arq being an awesome application, a linux, Ubuntu and Unix app has not yet been developed disadvantaging users of these platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend Arc to users who would like to securely and remotely backup and store their data in the cloud. The benefits of Arc are immense and people should adopt the app and reap from the immense benefits it ha to offer.

Arq has successfully enabled my clients to securely, store, backup and restore data.

What Backup solution do you use?

Manish S.

"Best backup tool"

What do you like best?

The best thing i like about Arq is that it do not limit you to file sizes, that's why i can store encrypted files on cloud without fear.

second best thing is its Versioning of files it do automatically, So if your new file is not working you can easily get last version of file.

third good thing is it is very inexpensive, so to use it i don't have to think about cost.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is Only available for Mac and Windows, Android and linux devices are not supported right now.

It also takes some time to get use to it . Maybe some poor UX issue, but i have not seen any bug yet that is good thing .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Arq have really good features, but yes it needs some face-lift .Arq do not releases new updates soon , which may be good or bad thing for you . Yes 49$ is good price for these many features .

I am using it as my backup tool and mostly use its automatic backup scheduling feature. I see its encryption and versioning as its benefits.

Dennis N.

"It's secure, easy to use and that makes it a wonderful backup software"

What do you like best?

It is user friendly thus very easy to use, It backups yours data securely in a cloud.Back ups are faster since it has built-in compression and de-duplication, Your data is kept secure and private, It provides a free version of the software

What do you dislike?

The software is made for Mac and Windows only does not support Linux. That could be worked on other than that it is an amazing software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need your data secure and private and need a software to do just that a software that will not fail you, Arq is for you.

Arq has enabled secure and private method of storing crucial data in a cloud, It encrypts the data promoting privacy and that makes the user fee at ease that his/her data is secure and private. It's in-built compression and de-duplication cuts on size and ultimately upload time

Richard G.

"Arq Backup for Securing your Information"

What do you like best?

I love Arq because it works in the background like Dropbox and will sync my whole system to my 1 TB Dropbox account. Getting an version of a file saved is very easy. It has saved me several times.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about this product. It is just great!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a solid product that backups your data to many types of sources. I've only used the Dropbox option which has worked great for me.

Backup and retrieveal of work.

Chris M.

"Complete Backup Solutions"

What do you like best?

Arq is a complete backup solution for all your I.T needs. It uses a secure Cloud servers for backups and also utilizes third-party backup services such as a Google Drive Amazon S3 and Dropbox.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike although they could offer a free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are a ton of backup Solutions out there but go ahead and give this one a try.

Our company needed a all-in-one solution for cloud backup management and we discovered Arq. Storing multiple versions of a file was a must for us complete with time stamps and revisions. We also pay for a corporate Dropbox account so integrating Arq with Dropbox saved us a lot of money.

"Arq Backup Review - Windows User"

What do you like best?

Arq provides a spread of versatile and swift backup and recovery management services in an all-in-one package that some other options may not provide. Arq is compatible with your cloud storage accounts like OneDrive and DropBox which is convenient.

What do you dislike?

Arq has features that seem to be out of date, and is not the most appealing to myself. Arq unfortunately falls short when offering storage options and has a lack of image-based backups.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When considering Arq, I would first test to see if the design of the application suits your needs, along with storage and backups for the amount of data you need to backup. Secondly, I would test the software for a bit of time and see if your business has a better data management and storage standards after the use of Arq.

Arq has helped myself and colleagues limit the amount of lost data, and has successfully strengthened our encryption policies, online and local backups and storage capacities.

Washington O.

"Best backup ever"

What do you like best?

This software is one of the best programmes that one should select for providing backup for their files. This is because it does not have a limitation in terms of the size of the file. It also allows me to version my files because it happens automatically. Finally this software is cheap and so it saves me the problem of worrying about cost.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I experience bwith this software is that it is no so good with large files.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is very good for backup on files and also for file versioning

Provides a backup for my files and documents.

Alsi its perfect for automatic versioning of files.

Loise O.

"Backup "

What do you like best?

This is a software where you can easily backup your files because it has no limit for the files size that you are supposed to save.

It is very cheap and affordable hence fit for use

You can put your files into your preferred versions automatically using this software.

What do you dislike?

Takes some time to get used to using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Itbis very excellent and safe for backup of files.

Backup for your file

automatic versioning

Lucas M.

"Best Backup"

What do you like best?

I like that this software versions files automatically.

It is a cheap software so I don't worry about cost.

It does not limit the file size that you upload into it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that it takes time to get experienced to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is good for backup on files and documents.

Backup for my files and documents

Sharad K.

"new backup Software"

What do you like best?

Compatible with mac and windows.

very Secure - keeps multiple versions of file

Provides built in Compression. Reliable and simple.

What do you dislike?

Not suitable for big data.

anyday i will prefer HDFS, if want to store more data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its little difficult to use and little pricey. Try to use free trial version befor purchasing.

using to maintain data of my wasabi account

"Amazing Experience With Arq "

What do you like best?

it provide a good support for the backup of the file and if we delete or accidentally delete of format the drive then it provide the good support of the backup our file

What do you dislike?

in some case it not work so it is good if they more work on the software . so it is good for the user and make this software with more good UI experience

Recommendations to others considering the product:

yeh sure i recommencement to the other people for the use of this software

we are getting the accidental deleted file with the help of ARQ

"Review of Arq"

What do you like best?

Arq Backup does a good job with hourly backups to the cloud inexpensively. I also am glad for their strong encryption processes, which is one less headache I have to worry about.

What do you dislike?

What could be improved is a live sync functionality. It would be nice to experience live syncing of file uploads. There are default settings that I could live without, too. The default settings do not improve the overall quality.

It's a great cost-effective way of keeping our company's data in a safe and secure location.

Mahendran K.

"Review for Arq"

What do you like best?

I like about Arq will not limit the files storage, so I can store my document on cloud.

We cab trust uts high secured.

What do you dislike?

But not suitable for big size of files. This is the disadvantage.

Best software to backup our documents.

"Great backup software!"

What do you like best?

It is super easy for IT to set up backup for corporate laptops.

What do you dislike?

There is very little control on the users end on when to schedule updates during non work hours.

Backup solution for corporate laptops

Learning about Arq?

* We monitor all Arq reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories