ArcGIS Business Analyst

See people and opportunities clearly using ArcGIS Business Analyst. Through desktop, web, and mobile apps, ArcGIS Business Analyst provides location-based intelligence for planning, site selection, and customer segmentation. Combine demographic, lifestyle, and spending data with map-based analytics for accurate reports and dynamic presentations.

Work for ArcGIS Business Analyst?

Learning about ArcGIS Business Analyst?

ArcGIS Business Analyst Reviews

Ask ArcGIS Business Analyst a Question
Showing 6 ArcGIS Business Analyst reviews
ArcGIS Business Analyst review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Used for suitability analysis, and optimizing retail network"

What do you like best?

I personally utilize the spatial overlay function, as a way to enrich my Postal-specific geographies, develop trade areas, and determine what type of facility should exist where.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, my organization only maintains a few BA licenses. As one of the most heavy users, it's unfortunate to only be able to access when available through a VM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a very well-defined workflow in mind when using to develop trade areas. Use the COTS capabilities as a starting guide to generate your own tool, specific to your goal to make the most informed decisions.

I utilize trade area development, business listings, derive new locations, and several others regularly to develop a new network in accord with demographic trends.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ArcGIS Business Analyst
ArcGIS Business Analyst review by Lily M. O.
Lily M. O.

"Business Analyst is great for US Census-based data - not for specific geographic regions"

What do you like best?

I like the array of information Business Analyst Online will give users looking for quick reports and the regions you are able to select/make.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that within drawn or selected regions around a US Census-based block group, etc. the market data are given in reports in innacurate and doesn't show the exact locations selected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create reports using US Census group data; not data from creating your own polygon shapefiles for reports.

The reports are easy to use and easy to take numbers from for other reporting.

What Location Intelligence solution do you use?

ArcGIS Business Analyst review by Matthew R.
Matthew R.

"Functional & Simple"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how easy it is to figure out, as well as the customer service help if needed. Also it provides many data points that most other programs do not have access to.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of information when it comes to where they are getting their data. I understand when some of it is census based, but for the other components I would like to know more.

Business real estate decisions based on;

Clients patient base,

Clients customer base,

Clients workforce base.

ArcGIS Business Analyst review by Christine I.
Christine I.

"High Quality Spatial Data"

What do you like best?

ArcGIS makes it very easy to view maps and spatial data. It is easy to create meaningful, and visually appealing infographics, which is important for us in presenting data we acquire.

What do you dislike?

Every once in a while, I come across small bugs and glitches - nothing that restarting the computer can't fix.

ArcGIS helps us in validating acquired data with public record data online, i.e. address, legal description, acreage. It helps us add a visual to our data.

ArcGIS Business Analyst review by Janelle B.
Janelle B.

"It Works!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to inter-related different datasources in order to see a complete picture. This allows for data-driven decision making.

What do you dislike?

I believe there can be improvements with the shareability of analytics

We are working with Analyst Desktop to analyze and transform data to help support our open data and digital cities transformation

ArcGIS Business Analyst review by User

"Streamline retail anaysis"

What do you like best?

The vast capabilities for interpreting customer data, store tracking, and site analysis

What do you dislike?

The buggy Locator Report tool. Does not like Model Builder inline variables and issues with specifying defining geographies

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn proper Model Builder practices to gain the most use of the Business Analyst tools, such as iterators

Calculating market share, trade areas, competitive impacts, and helping internal customers interpret their data spatially

Learning about ArcGIS Business Analyst?

* We monitor all ArcGIS Business Analyst reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.