Wildfly Reviews & Product Details

Wildfly Overview

What is Wildfly?

WildFly is a flexible, lightweight application server.

Wildfly Details

WildFly is a flexible, lightweight application server.

Wildfly
N/A
Answer a few questions to help the Wildfly community
Have you used Wildfly before?

Wildfly Reviews

Showing 21 Wildfly reviews
Already have Wildfly?
Co-Founder, CEO
What do you like best?

The easiness with which we can get started and the stability of the product. Right from downloading and installing to deploying an enterprise grade web app - The easiness that Wildfly provides, is absolutely worth a mention. I have also evaluated multiple paid / commercial app servers as well as open source servers. I would rate Wildfly as one among the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, I could not find any reason why I should dislike Wildfly. If there is one minor thing then it might be the amount of memory it consumes while running. But then when you are dealing with an enterprise grade application server, you cannot complain much about this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need something quick and stable, you can just blindly trust this server. There is no way it is going to let you down. I have personally used and recommended Wildfly in multiple applications and projects and the reason why I keep recommending Wildfly again is the amazing amount of productivity you can achieve by opting for this. You would not be wasting time on unnecessary issues and you can focus on your technical needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I need a stable and robust application server to host my web applications. I have evaluated multiple servers and found it easy to deal with Wildfly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

One main feature of wildfly is that it supports Heavy use of Java EE applications and allows REST based data access with pluggable subsystems that helps in memory management.

The configuration is simple and it s purely open source Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Upgrading the application which s running on jboss to wildfly is quite difficult as it needs huge amount of code changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can happily go for wildfly application server if you are going to deploy more than 1 heavy java EE applications.

Worth trying it from scratch Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My project has two to three business applications running on wildfly. It s very effective in handling real time load of broad band applications that s nearly millions of subscribers a day Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Wildfly
AM
What do you like best?

The main admin console is very user friendly.

Especially after wildfly 18, the server restart process is also very very fast. Previously in wildfly 10, it will take lot of time on server restart. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not dislike actually, may be my less knowledge of wildfly

In Apache, there is a server directory, where we can just put a html file, and we can access that path directly from url.

In wildfly, I need to add that path from standalone file.

And also wildfly upgradation task may can improved. If possible by simple a path file or something, instead of the reconfigured the whole server! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stablity. In my experience with wildfly, I have never faced any issue on the server due to AS or blocked while changing the configuration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There was a time when we faced a JDBC connection issue after a few hours of server start on our production server. By observing wildfly's admin console, we came to know what is the main reason behind the issue and resolved it within a few hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solutions Consultant - DevOps
What do you like best?

It is feature rich and have everything application server should have.

Its command line interface is very easy to learn and handle. I personally feel it has more feature comparing to paid software e.g. weblogic and websphere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find it hard to handle the url redirection and work as proxy server. For that we used other solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had 250+ web applications and we had to decide to use an application server, which would be feature rich and is free to use. And we found wildfly meets our requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer at European Comission
What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to tweek, integrates with widely used IDEs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The startup is slow and the logs could be improved in order to help debugging Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

On the company I've worked until recently, we used Wildfly at different stages of product development. On implementation, we used wildlfy docker images that intend to mimick all the other environments' architecture. Then in the testing and production environments, we used Wildfly to host our web applications. It was always very reliable and it rarely caused errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Very good for Java web applications. Quick installation, fast deployment, and great UI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No UI for configuring subsystems. Some inbuild frameworks are involved due to which it becomes difficult to load the application's framework (especially when the framework version is different). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Framework loading issues.

The benefit is deployment-structure.xml file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Engineer
What do you like best?

The server startup time is less and could be used by people of various background. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything that I dislike. Keep up the good work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend wildly for anyone. It is an easy tool for beginners to start with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had been using Wildfly as a deployment solution for my Spring boot applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sviluppatore senior full stack in ambito GIS
What do you like best?

Wildfly is extremely fast and lightwegith. Optimal for DevOps environments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Is there anything that you can dislike in Wildfly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Initial lerning curve is worth the value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wildfly is the environment for my enterprise java components and it gave me all services to make them fast, robust and reliable in my cloud infrastructure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

- User friendly administration console

- Java EE support

- powerful tool with a lot of features

- all configuration saved in one place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- might become slowly with a lot of deploying and require restart

- some minor bugs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the latest available version, as it is sometimes annoying so search for a problem and then figure out that it is already solved in the newer version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wildfly used locally as the application server for large scale java based apps. Java EE support is really a benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Wildfly
AR
What do you like best?

I like the Domain mode feature in wildfly for heavy application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, the only thing that can be challenging is to upgrade from lower version to upper version because that also required to update the JDK also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

i was facing configuration of JMX on the older version for the monitoring purpose and after resolving this i get benefited it to present in the organisation level Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Engineer
What do you like best?

upgrading the configuration, checking the logs, restarting the server Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I like very much this application server, I didn't see any dis advantages this middle ware server Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used to application configuration changes, deployments, logs checking... lot of benefits like easy way to restart the server/service, checking the logs and modifying the configuration Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Easy configuration. Easy ans simple deployment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Missing or incomplete documentation in some places. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it in my current company to deploy a JavaEE application Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easier Deployment. Better logging support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In local Development found issues in maintaining caches Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As my total experience of using WildFly is 10 months and Jboss 7 (2+ years). Using Wildfly I find it quite efficient in developing Java EE application and deploying applications. I would recommend to upgrade Java applications to wildfly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wildfly gives better performance in deploying large scale Java EE project Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

JAVA developer
What do you like best?

Good overall flexibility and full JavaEE stack support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Deployment complexity and resource overhead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is helping me creating java web applications with clustering support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Java EE support and cool user interface for managing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are not so many events to get used to hear more about Wildfly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Add support of Spring Framework Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business application hosting under LGPL licence Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI
What do you like best?

I have been using Jboss application servers for almost 6 years (AS and EAP servers). I used to deploy my java applications in Jboss and tomcat servers. When wildfly (8) was released I did not hesitate to move to it. According to my experience the features and performance are greatly enhanced in the wildfly server Also as per my experience the server is very robust and stable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not come across any critical issues while using Wildfly. However I wish if the management console could be enhanced. I used oracle 12c server and I felt its UI is richer. Its better of Wildfly developers can enhance the UI some more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wildfly solved a lot of my problems. I will mention couple of them.

6 years back we wanted a robust app server with enterprise container to deploy our EJB applications. We did a re search and proposed Wildfly. Because it was so easy for us to deploy, maintain our heavy weight EJB applications. The app server (Glassfish) which we were using was not very stable and we faced a lot of down times. Hence our clients were pushing us to get the issue fixed. With minimum of application level changes we could re deploy our applications on Wildfly server and then system outages did not happen. Our server admins informed that the management of this new app server is very convenient. Also recently I was looking for a front end load balancing mechanism and i ended up using the new load balancing profile of wildfly and it solved my problem completely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Full-Stack Software Developer - Freelance
What do you like best?

Wildfly it's amazing. In a couple of minutes, you can have a server running with your application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Standalone is so big it's very verbose and the jboss-cli it's not intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wildfly it's fast and amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Use wildfly with CI/CD and pipelines but I use with openshift and the result was great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

Easy of use

The performance is great

Is great to a developer environment and production environment

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The hot deploy, is hard to use

The module system, it need a web interface Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a easy to use and fast application server , this is the best Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Financial application of the government sector.

The security features are very good Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CA
What do you like best?

The administration console is easy to use, simple and friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it was difficult to find solution from internet for some problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was using it to host my web services Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Drag and Drop option for file upload, multi factor authentication, eco friendly GUI application Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to tell much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accessing two ports and binding with management port Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Manager
What do you like best?

I like that there are some free features that allow you to try out some of the applications before purchasing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They keep changing the platform and names so you aren't sure who you are actually dealing with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Created a application to use for sales information. Not as expensive as other options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.