Vocabulary.com for G Suite

Vocabulary.com app helps students learn and master words. Vocabulary.com teaches you words by systematically exposing you to a wide array of question types and activities that will help you understand all the meanings and nuances of every word youre learning.

Work for Vocabulary.com for G Suite?

Learning about Vocabulary.com for G Suite?

Vocabulary.com for G Suite Reviews

Showing 5 Vocabulary.com for G Suite reviews
Vocabulary.com for G Suite review by Brittany  L.
Brittany L.

"My Students Love Vocabulary.com"

What do you like best?

I love that with Vocabulary.com I can add a whole list of words that I want my students to know for any particular unit and the software does its thing, my students learn the words and are able to contribute to my class period as well as improve their grades. We have seen, as a school, a great increase of background knowledge and vocabulary building while using this software.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to select a text within the software and it just already know what words per grade level. Many of the lists that are already made from other teachers have a strange mix of words and lexile levels so it is generally just easier for me to make my own lists for my students than edit what was already made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend anyone who like words or wants to improve their vocabulary to take some time on this software. It may be a bit pricey but in the long run it is worth the time and effort that you put into it. Vocabulary, particularly having an impressive vocabulary. is well worth any money or time you put into it.

My students have drastically improved their test scores and class participation while using Vocabulary.com. The students have loved learning more words, competing with their classmates and gaining badges. I love to see them compete in the jams and see their faces light up when they earn a new achievement.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Vocabulary.com for G Suite
Vocabulary.com for G Suite review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Vocab.com review"

What do you like best?

I love that I can assign vocabulary lists with correct and multiple definitions with minimal input on my end. Perusing the lists I can tell that the definitions are accurate. I like that it has a competitive side which always brings out the best in students. I love that they added a game option, like Quizlet.live - this allows me to focus on one program as opposed to toggling between programs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes words appear as "unlearnable" but the list still counts it in their vocabulary words (ie: 10 words, but 5 are unlearnable, but it still 'sells' it to a teacher as a 10 word list). I wish it focused more on roots and included more parts of speech for each word (noun, verb, adj., adv., etc.)

Introducing vocabulary to students without using vocabulary cards is great. It also appears as a game to them, so they're more engaged and more apt to practice outside of class.

What G Suite Academic solution do you use?

Vocabulary.com for G Suite review by Sarah H.
Sarah H.

"Great learning tool for vocabulary"

What do you like best?

I like that my kids can be quizzed on their vocabulary both known and unknown.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this program.

I love that my students can get on this program in their free time. They think they are playing games but are actually increasing their vocabulary knowledge.

Vocabulary.com for G Suite review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"great for students to track progress on new words"

What do you like best?

You can see each students' progress and how well they're learning assigned vocabulary words.

What do you dislike?

The free version does not let you see all students' progress. It only shows you the top 3 performers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay for the full software; it's much better than the free trial version.

I am having a better focus on vocabulary words in my classroom.

Vocabulary.com for G Suite review by User

"Vocabulary "

What do you like best?

I love that the kids can get a CTSAT words and practice I can also go online to play games and figure out the speech words on their own

What do you dislike?

If you teach one grade some of the words can get very hard for very low level the kids

M step improvement and test scores

Learning about Vocabulary.com for G Suite?

* We monitor all Vocabulary.com for G Suite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.