Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Reviews & Product Details

What is Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile?

Helps predict, detect and prevent physical, malware, network and vulnerability exploits to protect businesses from mobile cyberattacks.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Profile Details

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Profile Details

Symantec
Description
Operating one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks, Symantec sees more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks.
1982

1-31 of 31 total Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile reviews

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Reviews

1-31 of 31 total Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile reviews
Team Manager

"Powerful tool for removing cyber threats."

What do you like best?

Norton is well known anti-virus tool of market and has full capability to delete threats from our systems. It always runs in background of our system and gives us security all the time. Fire all features is great and keeps our Emails and online documents secure from virus. While surfing on internet many infected files and junky links try to infect our system but Norton block them instantly, it provides us clean environment for work and secure content for download.

What do you dislike?

As Norton always runs in background of our system so it requires much memory to install and it make my PC slower for work. Deep scan takes much time to complete and it’s a tricky process for me because it takes up to an hour for complete. Some of its features are relatively complex for me while I use this tool for first time. As my personal experience Norton antivirus is bit expensive rather than other antivirus tools of market.

Norton is great tool and it has all the basic features which provides us complete against powerful threats. It speeds of virus detection is very fast and has ability to remove virus from our system. Custom and deep scan are one of the best feature of this tool and the capability to point out threats from roots of device. Mobile version is also available which keeps our smart devices secure from malware and viruses.

Cybersecurity Assistant

"My experience was amazing. Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile can be considered as Best Friend."

What do you like best?

I like how it smoothly helps predict, detect and prevent physical, malware, network and vulnerability exploits to protect businesses from mobile cyberattacks. That's wonderful.

I like that it is easy to deploy, adopt, maintain and update and has zero impact on productivity,

experience and privacy. In addition, as promoised by them it has real-time protection from

suspicious apps and networks!

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I don't like how much battery it consumes to use Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile. Also, notifications that it sends are quite a lot which is disturbing.The battery consumption for the APP is relatively small, but since the location services are 'ON' all the time, users might see some degradation in battery performance!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a Buy-in from your business as all of your Mobile users will be affected. It offers vast protection with little annoyance and interaction. I feel the protection could be a tad better, obviously one of the best on the market but there's always a room for improvement.

Symantec Endpoint protection allows business to be conducted mobile without risking exposure, it also allows the company to make sure employees are conducting safe business. So that's a plus.

I find it useful in all aspects of business especially trying to protect scam attacks. It has seamless deployment and users don't even realize that this product is protecting their device and Critical Apps which is nice. Also there is automated corporate asset protection when under attack and it is really nice since it contributes to SEP Mobile’s Crowdsourced Threat Intelligence database!!

Recruiter

"Symantec, a help desk users best friend. "

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed the ease of access when using Symantec. I had been a help desk support employee at a college for about four years and we used this program to install on students phones and computers to protect their devices. It was easy to understand that we often had the students do it themselves. Very user friendly

What do you dislike?

Symantec had little for me to dislike about it personally. However I could see how it would be annoying when the scan would take forever. That could be because we were using a bit of an older version. It might be different now.

Business wise we helped people clean and protect their laptops, phones and tablets. We used it as an easy to provide protection for the students. It was also on our equipment to protect and run scans.

Developer Mobile Solutions L2
(10,001+ employees)

"It’s good anti-virus which used by our organization to protect against viruses and network threats. "

What do you like best?

Symantec Endpoint Protection gave us the live updates, log history and run time scanning. It also works for virtual servers.

It has multiple features like anti-malware, firewall and intrusion prevention which prevents data loss.

What do you dislike?

Symantec Endpoint is very good in the use of system resources, however, there is a noticeable lag of approx 1-2 minutes for the system to shut down.

When scanning takes place it slows down the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My opinion to use Symantec Endpoint Protection because it provides live updates and run time scanning of viruses.

One of my favorites and I always say that I feel great knowing that it still keeps me protected from viruses and threats. Simple network setup and easily deploy across the network.

"Symantec does a thorough job of protecting my computer from potential threats"

What do you like best?

I like that you can scheduled the scans to occur at times when you will likely not be using your computer. They can also run in the background while your computer is in use.

What do you dislike?

The logs for threats found do not make a ton of sense to me to be considered useful but it is likely that the Information Technology department at the organization in which I work has a better understanding.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk with your information technology department or specialists to help in determining which software program is best for you.

To my knowledge, the main problem being solved is preventing our organization as a whole from being virtually attacked by an outside entity. Since this software has been installed on my PC, I have had no cyber related issues.

Cyber Security Analyst

"My experience about SEP mobile"

What do you like best?

The console is on cloud, very easy to configure. To deploy mobile agents is very very very easy. To configure the police is so easy than.

What do you dislike?

Uses a lot of smartphone system resources. I don't like how much battery it consumes to use Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend buying SEP mobile for your Mobile users.

Provides mobile protection for company with policies against antimalwares.

Co-Founder
Education Management

"Device security made easy"

What do you like best?

The best part of using Symantec protection is its ease of use for a new user. It provides thorough protection for all sort of devices and can be monitored in real time.

What do you dislike?

The update pattern can be a bit annoying owing to the size of the updates and also you have to reboot machines after updates.

Used it as company wide protection for machines in our startup. The data we were working on was sensitive and hence we needed the best sort of security possible.

"The Symantec softwares are always my first choice when it comes to security and windows."

What do you like best?

User-friendly is my best to respond to this question. It's interface and features used terms are easy to understand and work with it.

What do you dislike?

The large scale of updates that require strong connectivity for its completion.

I download all different types of files, and I do that while traveling to different parts of the world. Having the peace of mind to know Symantec is installed, gives me the confidences to continue doing what I enjoy doing where ever I am in the world.

Specialized Investigative Adjuster
Insurance
(10,001+ employees)

"All day protection for your business"

What do you like best?

Symantec keeps it easy to understand risks and how to take precaution with our everyday machines. Iv used plenty of anti-viruses in my day, but Symantec is by far easiest to use.

What do you dislike?

I would say there is nothing about the product I would change or dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to learn the product before jumping in - and understand each part of whats being protected.

Some business problems we are solving is Keeping it simple to know when and how we are protected. This system also helps our not-so-tech-savvy people understand computer safety.

"Secure Mobile devices "

What do you like best?

The ability to secure all traffic during use on all public wifi's is a great advantage to the end-user which I have and continue to enjoy.

What do you dislike?

The large delay opening and closing the application on my current iOS devices can at times be stressful.

Providing feedback to end-users and creating a trustworthy database of errors that we record and maintain a record of is one of the best benefits we have reached in such a short amount of time.

"Endpoint una solución para proteger tu equipo"

What do you like best?

Endpoint protection es una de las mejores marcas que he utilizado de antivirus

What do you dislike?

Como cualquier antivirus, endpoint no protege a un 100%

Recommendations to others considering the product:

symantec Endpoint protection mobile es una solución muy buena, en cuanto al segmento empresarial para poder proteger los equipos móviles, ya que cuenta con certificaciones y premios que lo avalan, Symantec Endpoint tiene un buen precio y vale la pena tener protegido todos los puntos donde pueda tener información importante de su empresa

Uno de los grandes beneficios que tiene Endpoint Protection Mobile es que te ayuda a proteger tus equipos movilies ya que todos son vulnerables, y como buen empresario siempre hay que tener toda la información protegida

Reporting Analyst
Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Symantec EndPoint"

What do you like best?

Constant updates protect users from the latest threats. Emails are scanned and protected as well as files.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes uses a lot of system resources. Deep scans take a while. Rest everything is cool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a super and must have software for all the users who are looking for some anti virus and firewall protection application. :)

We use it as a Network Threat Protection, Antivirus, Antispyware and Firewall Protection.

Engagement Manager
Management Consulting

"Has many false positives"

What do you like best?

Easy to install and fairly easy user interface which was nice for a first timer

What do you dislike?

Had many false positive alerts, sent me too many notifications and alerts, caused many weird issues with my phone's security so I eventually ended up uninstalling it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be cautious when installing as it may hurt your phone

Provides protection for company policies and other policies such as HIPAA

"Great Defensive software"

What do you like best?

This is a great software which runs in the background and helps me remain protected. Symantec is a well-trusted name and is used by many companies for enterprise security.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, though a limited number, Symantec can become too demanding on the resources and too defensive. I haven't been able to access certain sites which I know are safe. But i guess these sites can still have malicious embeddings so Symantec blocks them

To remain protected from various targeted and indirect attacks. Our systems hold immensely valuable data which absolutely can't be compromised

Student

"Good security product!"

What do you like best?

It is very easy when it comes to Deployment. The Support and the vendor team were always available throughout the implementation process and assisted in the case of error or technical issues.

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific..The experience was good overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommended..

Providing security to end users

Job Seeker
Banking

"I feel protected"

What do you like best?

I love that no matter what comes through my phone, this app protects me from viruses and identity theft

What do you dislike?

I don't like how much of my phone battery gets consumed by the app

We are able to minimize scammers and identity theives that can sometimes easily take advantage of small business owners

Information Security Analyst

"Quality experience, didnt't get in the way of business"

What do you like best?

Very few false positives. Protected me but didn't slow me down

What do you dislike?

interface could be better designed. Usability is strong

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a go and see if it reaches your needs

Enabled a stronger, more robust experience on the mobile device without worrying about security

"The only way to go."

What do you like best?

There are many choices out there and I've tried quite a few. Finally a family me recommended that I try Symantec so I did. I must say its a very good and safe product. I wouldnt use anything else.

What do you dislike?

I actually dont find anything that I dislike about the product. To be honest about this review , I must say that its extremely good . It's easy to run through the processes.

I use Symantec in all area's of my business.It runs more smoothly and effectively knowing I'm protected.

Anesthesiology Resident
Retail

"Easy to use, good protection "

What do you like best?

Cycles every 30 seconds and provides an easy to use 6 digit security code to access protected information

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately there’s sometimes a disconnect between the server and the resources trying to be accessed requiring administrator assistance

Protecting patient information

"Best End point protection tool"

What do you like best?

Reduces complexity.simple console.full protection to mobile devices

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that i dislike in this product

We have used this to protect the mobile devices when we are selling IOT based mobile devices

"Vast protection with little annoyance and interaction "

What do you like best?

The fact that I still have some privacy and not to many annoyances popping up like other endpoint protections

What do you dislike?

Protection could be a tad better, obviously one of the best on the market but it can always be improved

AC

"Symnatec"

What do you like best?

I mostly enjoy the single console window that's used to manage everything

What do you dislike?

While there is adequate documentation, navigating the application can be difficult

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend users considering Symnatec Endpoint Protection read documentation and understand system needs and specifications, as well as become familiar with the administration process of this platform

I've been able to successfully achieve maximum security using Symnatec Endpoint Protection

"Secure software "

What do you like best?

The functionality that monitors both apps and networks i interact with on my mobile device.

What do you dislike?

No obvious problems really, i was just using the product, so I cant speak for the exact effectiveness or price ect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It seemed to work for our company, never had any problems as a user

General security, more confidence in data privacy

AM

"I use this to protect mobile devices at my company. "

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the way my team is able to easily trouble shoot any potential issues.

What do you dislike?

At times there are too many updates needed and it can be time consuming.

This is keeping us safe from any malware or interruptions to our business. We have been protected so far.

"SEP mobile user for 3years."

What do you like best?

The intense weekly scan is the most used feature for me. I also like the feature of changing the permission levels for third party apps.

What do you dislike?

It drains the battery when scanning the entire phone. Power consumption peaks a lot of times.

protecting unsanctioned devices against cyber attacks.

"Worth it?"

What do you like best?

Our teel felt that the UI was pretty intuitive, and its feature set is comprehensive.

What do you dislike?

The unfortunate downside is that it slows down the host device noticeably. It's not terrible though.

We use it to secure our work laptops.

II

"Symantec"

What do you like best?

My it team chose and manages it, so I don't have to think or worry about it.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty much like everything else. It's not invasive and if it's not invasive, I don't even notice it.

It's not invasive.

"Symantec End Point Protection"

What do you like best?

The program is very easy to use. We have not experienced many issues with the software.

What do you dislike?

Cost can be a factor depending how many units you need to deploy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None

The largest issue is protecting our devices.

"Symantec"

What do you like best?

The most helpful part of Symantec is the security it provides while being easy to use

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about the plkatform

Providing a secure way to protect mobile endpoints.

"Total protection"

What do you like best?

Total protection from unnecessary things happening on your device.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to dislike. Its not the best but it sure is close ;)

No more bugs and glitches

"symantec mobile protection"

What do you like best?

it covers the considerlable amount of vulnerabilities compared to other antivirus software.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have much-improved functionality with iOS.

VPN service is more valuable.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Features

6.1
Ease of Setup
Average: 7.8*
* Mobile Data Security Category
Do you work for Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile?

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Categories on G2