Sucuri Reviews & Product Details

Sucuri Overview

What is Sucuri?

Sucuri is a managed security service provider for websites. Our cloud-based tools provide complete website security solution, including performance optimization via a CDN, mitigation of external attacks like vulnerability exploits and DDoS attacks, and professional response in the event of security incident. The team provides 24/7/365 customer service with a 97% satisfaction rate, and a median response time of 4 hours.

Sucuri Details
Discussions
Sucuri Community

Sucuri is a managed security service provider for websites. Our cloud-based tools provide complete website security, including intrusion prevention, detection, and incident response.

Exemplary Customer Service: Our customer service is second to none in the space. With 24/7/365 support, we enjoy a satisfaction rate of over 97% and a median response time of 4 hours.

Built for Open-Source CMS Application: Our multi-tiered stack, while platform agnostic, was built for open-source solutions like WordPress, Magento, Drupal, Joomla! and other similar platforms. We lead the industry in mitigation of application-based (Layer 7) attacks.

Industry Leading Research: Our team is known globally for their vulnerability and malware research contributions. Our research is designed to improve the way our tools function, but we also believe in the ideas of open collaboration and research and live up to that in the way we identify, disclose and share our findings.

Easy Setup: No complicated configuration or installation. You can set it and forget it, or customize freely. We are here to help you at every step.

GoDaddy
$2,988
@GoDaddy
7,228 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

GoDaddy offers everything you need to make a name for yourself on the Web, from domain names and website builders to complete eCommerce solutions.

Sucuri Screenshots

Sucuri Reviews

Showing 34 Sucuri reviews
Already have Sucuri?
Founder EV-Genius - The first global electric car classifieds
What do you like best?

Not much after the customer experience I recevied when I needed them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had a security breach. Thankfully I thought I have Sucuri to back me. Unfortunately, the lousy service from them added to this very stressful experience. The hackers kept on coming back over two weeks. Sucuri only response one a day to a ticket, so even just asking and answering will take 24 hours. Yes, in today's technology era, this company only responds every 24 hours and every time with a different person. It seems they only operate witing US business hours. In between these 24-hour response cycles, the hackers had all their fun on my website. I will not renew my annual Sucuri subscription and instead take my chances somewhere else. Meanwhile, I am still waiting for my next 24-hour response while Sucuri sleep and the hackers have control ver my website/ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are outside of the USA or require quick response investigate other vendors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Website protection against hackers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing they do is charge for the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our site received an attack of malware that even took our site down from the web and we were blacklisted and Sucuri keep on claiming that our site was fine... NO malware and no blacklist. We even sent them a list of all the files with malware and they keep on claiming the same. They do not do what they claim to do. Stay away from this company if you do not want to pay for nothing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stay away from this company... they just don´t care about your website. Find a company that cares. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There solution to our problem was to cancel the service with NO refund of the 10 months that were still left in the service contract. They are good at charging money but they do not care for the customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I did not like anything about the company. Initially, i liked the price and the seemingly good reviews, but the company tries to remove the bad reviews and paying anything for this company is too much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely horrible support. DO NO USE THIS COMPANY. They only communicate technical support through support tickets and you never actually talk to anyone. I had to submit a support ticket when my website was down and my website was only back up and running 4 days later after I cancelled sucuri and had them completely remove their service. This is probably the worst customer service I have encountered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DO NOT USE. Save yourself the money and go with a differemt company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sucuri made my work and production worse if anything and made problems. I never had my website go down for as long as it did when i used Sucuri. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Helped clean an infected website when we were hacked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Support is super slow, live chat is never helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Is you have urgent issues you'll be waiting at minimum 24 hours Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helped with malware removal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

It's relatively easy to deploy and it seems like a good value. Watch their videos and the service sells itself... but is it reliably backed up? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Had an unpleasant experience with a 24 hour offline situation for 2 sites. I guess they are giving us a credit for an issue from the month prior that they didn't bill for to make up for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get specifics on SLA non compliance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They're not Rackspace. You may be paying a bit of a premium, but it's a vastly different mindset. Support tickets move as slow as molasses. There is always some "influx of tickets." They say that they are available 24/7 but when you try to get someone when you need them, no one is available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Full stack web developer
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Purchased three days ago didn't see anything to like Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Support after service: Once the purchase is done, sucuri will treat you as trash. You have no value after purchase. You can only talk to them through tickets. it will take 12 hours to get first human response from support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you care about your website or product don't go near sucuri. If you dont believe me purchase this and check. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am going away from sucuri. I discourage everyone in my circle to use sucuri. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We can easily rank these in order: 1.) Customer Service: quick, expert response to any question or issue with your website. 2.) Easy to use customer dashboard to monitor performance of your site, force site scans, update settings for multiple features of the website firewall, and easily access any site back-ups. 3.) Customer Engagement: Sucuri provides information to their customers via monthly newsletters and periodic webinars which keep you informed on industry updates and issues. This feature has allowed us to become more educated on website security. 4.) Competitive pricing: Sucuri offers great prices for their service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is a difficult section to fill out as we have sincerely enjoyed our business relationship with Sucuri, so we don't necessarily DISLIKE anything! The only thing that comes to mind is probably user-related: 1.) The customer/administrator dashboard could be updated for easier use of access. Their are many features available to use, but not sure that we have been able to take advantage of all of them based on our overall knowledge. Advanced website developers will probably have no issues, but the admin panel could probably be formatted into a simpler layout for beginner/intermediate users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We used to think that via a SSL and firewall features built into our site from our selected CMS, that we didn't need any additional security. We learned our lesson the hard way! There are so many viruses, hackers, and site vulnerabilities that can disable and shutdown your site in seconds---damaging the hard work of your team and possibly damaging the status of your organization with daily users. You can also spend hours researching website security online, becoming frustrated because of prices and the unknown. Do yourself a favor, look no further, and get protection for your website that will provide you the confidence that your site can stand up to any threats online!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As mentioned earlier, we only utilize the website security service for our organization's single site. With that being said, the capabilities of Sucuri's product have far outreached our expectations. The solid website firewall, daily server side scanner, malware protection, and site reporting features allow us to be confident that our site is consistently being protected by solid security software.

This allow us to focus on creating content and visuals to our site while being confident that our site is protected from any attacks. The analytical tools provided by Sucuri also help us to monitor the set and customize the settings. IF we ever have a security issue, we're confident that the team at Sucuri will address it quickly and offer a solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Once finally setup they removed any malware Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had an issue with Malware and signed up for Sucuri. It took them over 24 hours just to look at my website. After finally getting to it they could not run the full scan due to techincal reasons. In the end it took 5 days before all was said and done. They knocked out my website for 5 days. Ridiculous. Afterwards I kept them on as I wanted my website protected. Ever since every month there is an issue with them where they knock out my website due their firewalls.

Cancelling now, they have cost me THOUSANDS. ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Malware, hack Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

They did remove a malware. That is all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They messed up everything. Their support is terrible. My website stopped working. It's been two weeks and still nothing is working... I am very frustrated with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I paid them to remove a malware from my website and they messed up the whole website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Really struggling to find anything positive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Here is the response from Securi and id like to know if we change the IP / whats involved / what would be affected and if this might be a workable solution while we get the updates and other stuff done in the background just so we go live asap?

"The website that is behind the firewall is secured. However if a hacker knows the host IP, they can use it to attack your website directly. We, of course, cannot give a 100% guarantee that the website is secured enough without the bypass protection as we cannot know if some malicious agent knows the host IP and is willing to exploit that. So while the final decision would need to be yours, I can say that having just firewall without bypass prevention would protect your website in most cases." Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Firewall and malware removal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

The firewall is very good amd easy to implement, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Support is very bad, waiting more than 19 hours after submitting a malware removal request, no follow up or updates from support, Very stressful when u need urgent attention to block malware Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Product is great but when u have a problem support is very poor, and takes forever to updates takes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Securing eccomerce site Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner - Creative Director - Web/Graphic Designer
Graphic Design
What do you like best?

We've had 100% success rate in keeping my clients' sites protected and safe from hackers since partnering with Sucuri in 2015. Their support is second to none and their agency style interface/dashboard makes it easy for me to manage all my sites which are being monitored and protected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sucuri is the best at what they do, but they aren't cheap. There are competitors and some free plugins that are also doing a good job that provide more affordable options for website agencies like mine and business owners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sucuri has helped me remove malware and clean up blacklisted sites then have assisted in monitoring and protecting those sites for the long haul. They have also done a great job at educating me in the realm of website security with their webinars and training videos which I in turn pass on to my clients when they have questions about security or their site is hacked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Internet
What do you like best?

Sucuri's experience with preventing, locating, and eliminating malware is second to none. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike, really. I would love to see Sucuri add some features to their WordPress plugin so that it's more of a competitor to plugins like WordFence and iThemes Security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We work with clients of all sizes and experience levels. When a site is hacked, it doesn't make sense for us to handle it ourselves. Hacks have gotten too complex and, unless you're an engineer, it's hard to manually remove malware and feel confident that you've got it all.

Sucuri makes this process easy. They do a great job of malware removal and more importantly a terrific job of helping site owners proactively keep their sites safe using the CloudProxy Web Application Firewall/CDN. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal and Design Director
Design
What do you like best?

Sucuri's ever-improving user interface and features Make it quick, efficient, and simple to protect our client's data and websites. I know they are constantly looking forward to threats, and proactively upgrading their systems and firewall to an ensure the highest level of protection possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We would like to take advantage of the free SSL certificates; it is difficult to implement the LetsEncrypt SSL on our websites due to the hosting structure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

will Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sucuri gives me peace of mind in an increasingly insecure digital world. I rest easy knowing that our website and my client's websites are protected by Sucuri and that they specialize in protecting the open source platform that we prefer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marine Educator, Writer, Designer
Writing and Editing
What do you like best?

When I was suddenly aware that my website, primarily used by teachers and children, had been hacked, I needed the problem resolved ASAP. Sucuri had my website back to normal within a half hour of reporting the problem and signing up for service. I will never leave my website unprotected again, and have been pleased with Sucuri handling this security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything not to like about Sucuri. Any communications I've had with them have been professional and informative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sucuri diagnosed how my website was able to be hacked, which allowed me to take action to prevent this from happening again. I feel confident that my website is protected with Sucuri's services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President of Operations & Marketing
What do you like best?

Sucuri's quick response to any issues with my site is extremely important to me. They are easy to contact and willing to help. They have been able to provide information to me that my hosting company could not provide, allowing me help troubleshoot and solve the problem quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have been very pleased with their service and response times. I have not been unhappy with anything that I have needed their help with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sucuri has helped keep my website up and running. THey are quick to respond and provide updates regularly. They are good to work with and are knowledgeable and provide new information on a regular basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Owner
Architecture & Planning
What do you like best?

Clients of mine were having problems with their wordpress web sites. Since signing up my clients - there has not been any issues of the web site being hacked Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can't call them on the phone for tech support it is only done by email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web sites are more protected then before. I am a web designer - so I feel me in particular is very susceptible for being hacked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Writing and Editing
What do you like best?

Excellent, prompt technical support for a non-techie WordPress admin! Support tickets are handled same day sometimes same hour. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Price is a bit high (annual renewal) but so far the benefits, knowledge base assistance and tech support make the price well worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a non-technical WP user/admin, I would recommend Sucuri for SSL & site monitoring. It is like having a tech support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enabled HTTPS & site security with cloudproxy firewall, so our visitors know the site is secure. Site speed is also improved, a great benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Director & Physiotherapist
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

They Were able to fixe my website who were hacked by a very bad virus in less than 24h saving me stress and worries. The Team communicate also pretty fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price of the package which i wish was lower or at least being able to pay for a single hack and not have to subscribe for a full year. or at least to be able to subscribe per company on not per website for company who has many websites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

totaly recomend Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My two website has been hack and they save the day Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I feel that the protection is thorough and if there is an issue, the Customer Service/Support team is quick to respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps at times, a phone call would be better over email for support. But hasn't been a big deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Protecting my website from hackers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder & CEO
Broadcast Media
What do you like best?

They made it easy on me, and they did all set up work, so I didn't have to learn anything new! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Caching of audio files automatically, because it requires a website to use versioning to overcome this particular issue. For a site that only does audio, caching of audio files can lead to files not playing through to completion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I wouldn't look elsewhere, as Sucuri is fast, simple, effective and very reasonably priced! BRAVO! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a lot of attacks, probably over 1,000 a day initially! It crippled our website until we used SUCURI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Coach
Sports
What do you like best?

nothing, whole experience has been a complete waste of time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

waste have done nothing to help. tried asking for help got no response Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

wanted to update joomlah and protect my websites, both down within two weeks of paying for this service!

good work guys, seriously? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

Your tech support is wonderful. I always get a fast response and, if I need to do something, the explanations are clear. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Sucuri. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Sucuri because of the effectiveness of its firewall, it's ease-of-use and their outstanding support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping my website safe and secure. I never have to worry about whether the site is going to be taken down by malware. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EP
What do you like best?

Before Sucuri, we had one problem after another with our WordPress site getting hacked. We have been using Sucuri for a couple of years. This is despite a smart IT consultant and actively keeping our WordPress up-to-date. To start, they immediately cleaned up the results of our last hack and we have not had one problem since. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sorry, there is not really anything that I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

WordPress website security Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

The security that my website is secure and I don't have to be concerned about attacks or downtime Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. My system is well protected and I get to learn about various threats going around Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

What value do you put on peace of mind - for me it is priceless Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Peace of mind = Priceless

Continuity of service

Higher production Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Sucuri?