Sucuri

4.0

Sucuri is a managed security service provider for websites. Our cloud-based tools provide complete website security, including intrusion prevention, detection, and incident response.

Work for Sucuri?

Learning about Sucuri?

Sucuri Reviews

Ask Sucuri a Question
Showing 29 Sucuri reviews
Brent C.

"Solid Website Security for Your Site and Peace of Mind for You! Look no further than Sucuri!!"

What do you like best?

We can easily rank these in order: 1.) Customer Service: quick, expert response to any question or issue with your website. 2.) Easy to use customer dashboard to monitor performance of your site, force site scans, update settings for multiple features of the website firewall, and easily access any site back-ups. 3.) Customer Engagement: Sucuri provides information to their customers via monthly newsletters and periodic webinars which keep you informed on industry updates and issues. This feature has allowed us to become more educated on website security. 4.) Competitive pricing: Sucuri offers great prices for their service.

What do you dislike?

This is a difficult section to fill out as we have sincerely enjoyed our business relationship with Sucuri, so we don't necessarily DISLIKE anything! The only thing that comes to mind is probably user-related: 1.) The customer/administrator dashboard could be updated for easier use of access. Their are many features available to use, but not sure that we have been able to take advantage of all of them based on our overall knowledge. Advanced website developers will probably have no issues, but the admin panel could probably be formatted into a simpler layout for beginner/intermediate users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We used to think that via a SSL and firewall features built into our site from our selected CMS, that we didn't need any additional security. We learned our lesson the hard way! There are so many viruses, hackers, and site vulnerabilities that can disable and shutdown your site in seconds---damaging the hard work of your team and possibly damaging the status of your organization with daily users. You can also spend hours researching website security online, becoming frustrated because of prices and the unknown. Do yourself a favor, look no further, and get protection for your website that will provide you the confidence that your site can stand up to any threats online!!

As mentioned earlier, we only utilize the website security service for our organization's single site. With that being said, the capabilities of Sucuri's product have far outreached our expectations. The solid website firewall, daily server side scanner, malware protection, and site reporting features allow us to be confident that our site is consistently being protected by solid security software.

This allow us to focus on creating content and visuals to our site while being confident that our site is protected from any attacks. The analytical tools provided by Sucuri also help us to monitor the set and customize the settings. IF we ever have a security issue, we're confident that the team at Sucuri will address it quickly and offer a solution.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Sucuri
Josh H.

"My trusted website security partner"

What do you like best?

We've had 100% success rate in keeping my clients' sites protected and safe from hackers since partnering with Sucuri in 2015. Their support is second to none and their agency style interface/dashboard makes it easy for me to manage all my sites which are being monitored and protected.

What do you dislike?

Sucuri is the best at what they do, but they aren't cheap. There are competitors and some free plugins that are also doing a good job that provide more affordable options for website agencies like mine and business owners.

Sucuri has helped me remove malware and clean up blacklisted sites then have assisted in monitoring and protecting those sites for the long haul. They have also done a great job at educating me in the realm of website security with their webinars and training videos which I in turn pass on to my clients when they have questions about security or their site is hacked.

What Website Security solution do you use?

"Securi has gone down hill in last 12 months"

What do you like best?

Really struggling to find anything positive.

What do you dislike?

Here is the response from Securi and id like to know if we change the IP / whats involved / what would be affected and if this might be a workable solution while we get the updates and other stuff done in the background just so we go live asap?

"The website that is behind the firewall is secured. However if a hacker knows the host IP, they can use it to attack your website directly. We, of course, cannot give a 100% guarantee that the website is secured enough without the bypass protection as we cannot know if some malicious agent knows the host IP and is willing to exploit that. So while the final decision would need to be yours, I can say that having just firewall without bypass prevention would protect your website in most cases."

Firewall and malware removal

AI
Administrator in Internet
View Original May 24, 2019

"A mixed bag, but mostly good I guess."

What do you like best?

It's relatively easy to deploy and it seems like a good value. Watch their videos and the service sells itself... but is it reliably backed up?

What do you dislike?

Had an unpleasant experience with a 24 hour offline situation for 2 sites. I guess they are giving us a credit for an issue from the month prior that they didn't bill for to make up for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get specifics on SLA non compliance.

They're not Rackspace. You may be paying a bit of a premium, but it's a vastly different mindset. Support tickets move as slow as molasses. There is always some "influx of tickets." They say that they are available 24/7 but when you try to get someone when you need them, no one is available.

Eric A.

"World-class service for the World Wide Web"

What do you like best?

Sucuri's experience with preventing, locating, and eliminating malware is second to none.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike, really. I would love to see Sucuri add some features to their WordPress plugin so that it's more of a competitor to plugins like WordFence and iThemes Security.

We work with clients of all sizes and experience levels. When a site is hacked, it doesn't make sense for us to handle it ourselves. Hacks have gotten too complex and, unless you're an engineer, it's hard to manually remove malware and feel confident that you've got it all.

Sucuri makes this process easy. They do a great job of malware removal and more importantly a terrific job of helping site owners proactively keep their sites safe using the CloudProxy Web Application Firewall/CDN.

Brian S.

"Peace of mind for my agency and our clients"

What do you like best?

Sucuri's ever-improving user interface and features Make it quick, efficient, and simple to protect our client's data and websites. I know they are constantly looking forward to threats, and proactively upgrading their systems and firewall to an ensure the highest level of protection possible.

What do you dislike?

We would like to take advantage of the free SSL certificates; it is difficult to implement the LetsEncrypt SSL on our websites due to the hosting structure.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

will

Sucuri gives me peace of mind in an increasingly insecure digital world. I rest easy knowing that our website and my client's websites are protected by Sucuri and that they specialize in protecting the open source platform that we prefer.

"Horrible stay away"

What do you like best?

Once finally setup they removed any malware

What do you dislike?

I had an issue with Malware and signed up for Sucuri. It took them over 24 hours just to look at my website. After finally getting to it they could not run the full scan due to techincal reasons. In the end it took 5 days before all was said and done. They knocked out my website for 5 days. Ridiculous. Afterwards I kept them on as I wanted my website protected. Ever since every month there is an issue with them where they knock out my website due their firewalls.

Cancelling now, they have cost me THOUSANDS. !

Malware, hack

AI
Administrator in Internet

"Good security for the large or paranoid"

What do you like best?

Securi is literally the real deal when it comes to security, and I'm all for a secure system but Securi really takes this to the MAX, with complete protection by sniffing GET, POST and URI requests, checking visitors locations and even by identifying possible exploits by checking the pages it serves.

I mean seriously most people would have to be seriously paranoid or have a hit out on them to use such an extreme service, but if you are secure conscious you can not secure yourself more than you can with securi!!

What do you dislike?

The security measures can be a little too extreme, and due to DNS forwarding it creates one more chain that can fail or cause issues before you even think about server/software issues!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are under attack, have been attacked or are running very vulnerable systems then I guarantee this is the right choice for you.

Similarly if you are a large business or just have allot of money or reputation at stake and cannot risk any breaches then you should consider this service.

If you have a site that is vulnerable or under attack due to profession, past attacks or reputation then this service will protect you from ANYTHING if configured correctly.

Janice P.

"Sucuri Is An Excellent Source for Website Security"

What do you like best?

When I was suddenly aware that my website, primarily used by teachers and children, had been hacked, I needed the problem resolved ASAP. Sucuri had my website back to normal within a half hour of reporting the problem and signing up for service. I will never leave my website unprotected again, and have been pleased with Sucuri handling this security.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything not to like about Sucuri. Any communications I've had with them have been professional and informative.

Sucuri diagnosed how my website was able to be hacked, which allowed me to take action to prevent this from happening again. I feel confident that my website is protected with Sucuri's services.

Christy R.

"Great app for protecting your website. "

What do you like best?

Sucuri's quick response to any issues with my site is extremely important to me. They are easy to contact and willing to help. They have been able to provide information to me that my hosting company could not provide, allowing me help troubleshoot and solve the problem quickly.

What do you dislike?

I have been very pleased with their service and response times. I have not been unhappy with anything that I have needed their help with.

Sucuri has helped keep my website up and running. THey are quick to respond and provide updates regularly. They are good to work with and are knowledgeable and provide new information on a regular basis.

melissa c.

"Safe and Secure Company"

What do you like best?

Clients of mine were having problems with their wordpress web sites. Since signing up my clients - there has not been any issues of the web site being hacked

What do you dislike?

You can't call them on the phone for tech support it is only done by email.

Web sites are more protected then before. I am a web designer - so I feel me in particular is very susceptible for being hacked.

James T.

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

They Were able to fixe my website who were hacked by a very bad virus in less than 24h saving me stress and worries. The Team communicate also pretty fast.

What do you dislike?

The price of the package which i wish was lower or at least being able to pay for a single hack and not have to subscribe for a full year. or at least to be able to subscribe per company on not per website for company who has many websites

Recommendations to others considering the product:

totaly recomend

My two website has been hack and they save the day

Douglas N.

"Simple, Hassle Free Protection with fast communication!"

What do you like best?

They made it easy on me, and they did all set up work, so I didn't have to learn anything new!

What do you dislike?

Caching of audio files automatically, because it requires a website to use versioning to overcome this particular issue. For a site that only does audio, caching of audio files can lead to files not playing through to completion.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I wouldn't look elsewhere, as Sucuri is fast, simple, effective and very reasonably priced! BRAVO!

We had a lot of attacks, probably over 1,000 a day initially! It crippled our website until we used SUCURI.

AC
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Poor support on Professional plan"

What do you like best?

The firewall is very good amd easy to implement,

What do you dislike?

Support is very bad, waiting more than 19 hours after submitting a malware removal request, no follow up or updates from support, Very stressful when u need urgent attention to block malware

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Product is great but when u have a problem support is very poor, and takes forever to updates takes

Securing eccomerce site

Trish A.

"Great WordPress Security & Site Performance with SSL Certificate "

What do you like best?

Excellent, prompt technical support for a non-techie WordPress admin! Support tickets are handled same day sometimes same hour.

What do you dislike?

Price is a bit high (annual renewal) but so far the benefits, knowledge base assistance and tech support make the price well worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a non-technical WP user/admin, I would recommend Sucuri for SSL & site monitoring. It is like having a tech support team.

Enabled HTTPS & site security with cloudproxy firewall, so our visitors know the site is secure. Site speed is also improved, a great benefit.

Jason M.

"Great piece of mind"

What do you like best?

I feel that the protection is thorough and if there is an issue, the Customer Service/Support team is quick to respond.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps at times, a phone call would be better over email for support. But hasn't been a big deal.

Protecting my website from hackers.

"It's been a nightmare..."

What do you like best?

They did remove a malware. That is all.

What do you dislike?

They messed up everything. Their support is terrible. My website stopped working. It's been two weeks and still nothing is working... I am very frustrated with them.

I paid them to remove a malware from my website and they messed up the whole website.

Nur-E-Elahi S.

"Provides very high level of security to websites"

What do you like best?

Securi makes our website not only blazing fast but also very secured.

What do you dislike?

One thing I didnt like is the UX, it was very hard for me to find the option to clear the cache.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to setup

Trusted Firewall system and security against malicious attacks.

Duncan R.

"Dissapointment! "

What do you like best?

nothing, whole experience has been a complete waste of time

What do you dislike?

waste have done nothing to help. tried asking for help got no response

wanted to update joomlah and protect my websites, both down within two weeks of paying for this service!

good work guys, seriously?

Amy Y.

"I feel that my site is very secure because I am using Sucuri"

What do you like best?

Your tech support is wonderful. I always get a fast response and, if I need to do something, the explanations are clear.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Sucuri.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Sucuri because of the effectiveness of its firewall, it's ease-of-use and their outstanding support.

Keeping my website safe and secure. I never have to worry about whether the site is going to be taken down by malware.

EP
Executive Sponsor in Printing

"CFO"

What do you like best?

Before Sucuri, we had one problem after another with our WordPress site getting hacked. We have been using Sucuri for a couple of years. This is despite a smart IT consultant and actively keeping our WordPress up-to-date. To start, they immediately cleaned up the results of our last hack and we have not had one problem since.

What do you dislike?

Sorry, there is not really anything that I dislike.

WordPress website security

AE
Administrator in Education Management

"Peace of Mind"

What do you like best?

The security that my website is secure and I don't have to be concerned about attacks or downtime

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. My system is well protected and I get to learn about various threats going around

Recommendations to others considering the product:

What value do you put on peace of mind - for me it is priceless

Peace of mind = Priceless

Continuity of service

Higher production

AM

"great customer service"

What do you like best?

they always reply to support tickets and are extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish I would have been contacted in another way other than email when my site went down.

I have an additional layer of protection in case my site is hacked.

Dr. Kymberly A. H.

"Sucuri Secured!!!"

What do you like best?

I love that I get immediate emails to know if there is a security issue with my site.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing! Sucuri is prompt and works well with the folks who run my website!

All threats are taken care immediately!

AE
Administrator in E-Learning

"Sucuri Works"

What do you like best?

Activate it and forget it. Also, the customer service is great. Always helpful.

What do you dislike?

I find the caching a little awkward but that is because I need to clear the cache almost daily.

Stopped malware attacks.

Marshall O.

"Solid service and support"

What do you like best?

Easy to use dashboard, solid security, quick support request responses

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the marketing materials make it seem a bit easier than this complicated service is.

Security of our wordpress sites. Yes!

John S.

"Excellent Security for Wordpress USers"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, support, and customer service - the proxy works great for both protection and speed.

What do you dislike?

The interface - semi-intuitive, but dated in design.

Wordpress hacking and security - a growing issue.

UE
User in Events Services

"sucuri the best"

What do you like best?

very professional if theres any issues they are fixed straight away good value for money as your site is always in safe hands

What do you dislike?

theres nothing to dislike about this company really trying to think of a bad word to say just can't think any

if theres a virus they fix them straight away

"My experience with Sucuri"

What do you like best?

The staff is very help full even when its not a prob from Sucuri

What do you dislike?

Sometime's u get help from serveral experts. You have to explain the problem everytime

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To remove malware and setting up a firewall its great

Sucuri removed my malware. My webshop was hacked there was mailware placed on the server

Learning about Sucuri?

* We monitor all Sucuri reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.