SpamTitan Email Security

SpamTitan Email Security

Advanced yet easy to use Business Email Security Solution. Protects your business from malicious threats via email such as phishing, malware and spoofing. Double AV protection included. Office 365 Friendly.

Work for SpamTitan Email Security?

Learning about SpamTitan Email Security?

SpamTitan Email Security Reviews

Ask SpamTitan Email Security a Question
Showing 138 SpamTitan Email Security reviews
SpamTitan Email Security review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Antispam that is affordable, flexible and powerful"

What do you like best?

We opted for an on-site appliance (a Linux server really, a VM in our case, but it's just a web-based console as far as configuration goes). Their cloud version is the same product running on their servers and that would relieve you of the work we put in, as I'll describe, but we wouldn't have it any other way. The on-prem version is what we like the most about this "software." We have another VM running at an alternate site, they sync with each other and one can take over if the other is down or unreachable. They also can load-balance. Yes this solution is a little more complex than are previous solution. But it's in the complexity that you get the flexibility. SpamTitan support has helped us tweak the settings based on what we're seeing in the console. Excellent history report shows everything, or you can filter very easily. Unfiltered you can see blocked (and why), quarantined, accepted...everything. If you don't see it, that email did not get to you, and in our experience it has been a Sender issue every time. SpamTitan, with the clustered configuration is less than half the cost of our old solution and we never have to upgrade or replace the "appliance" because it's just a VM, or one of our physical servers, either way, you never face an End of Life "you must upgrade" mandate from SpamTitan. Also - these servers will spool email until they can reach the email server. So if your email server is down or unreachable, you most likely are still getting email.

What do you dislike?

Well...it does require us to do some of the lifting and I have discovered there was a lot I didn't know about fighting spam. I turned on one block setting and started blocking emails I didn't want to block, okay...turned that back off. We had warned all of our employees that we were switching products and to be on the lookout for spam and/or missing emails. Most reports were false, but in some cases there was a problem with the settings and this helped us to tweak the product. Also be aware that you need to use a trusted IP address or your emails may end up in the recipient's spam folder. We just used the IP from our old solution once we ran into this issue. There are certainly other examples, things not working right because we didn't set it up just right (we tend to do things on our own, we learn more that way). Every time we've gotten stuck I have gone to the website and checked their knowledge base. If I didn't find the answer I create a ticket. If you give them a console-generated code they can get into your system and look at your settings. After a month or two I think we have the settings where we want them. However, we keep an eye on the history report, watching for any signs of trouble. The product worked well right out of the box, but now it's really doing a good job, without blocking good emails (yes, some bad emails get through, but it's at least as good as our old expensive managed solution).

Recommendations to others considering the product

SpamTitan does not enable everything by default, and you most likely will want to enable a couple of things they don't. Get on the phone with them and go through the settings pretty early on.

You may want to import your white/black lists if you are moving from a different product.

Spam filtering was costing us a lot of money, and then the vendor said we had to replace their appliance with a new one (about $3000 just for the appliance). SpamTitan costs much less per year, and we'll never have to replace an appliance again. We got SpamTitan's clustered solution, so we have a second VM running at our DR site, the two sync (or re-sync if there has been an outage), giving us load-balancing and fault-tolerance, and at a still significant savings.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about SpamTitan Email Security
SpamTitan Email Security review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Cloud Version is Great for Managed Services Providers"

What do you like best?

The support is great and the cloud platform seems to work very well at integrating with either on-site Exchange servers or Office 365. I also like the single daily email to each user giving them the opportunity to review blocked messages and take action. Many other platforms swamp users with notifications every time something is blocked. This is very simple for us to setup and users to understand.

What do you dislike?

The customization is still a little lacking, would like more options to be able to adjust notifications. Also, most of the documentation is for the appliance version, which has a slightly different interface and setup procedure from the cloud hosted version. That said, support is still great and was able to walk us through each setup.

We are an MSP with clients of all sizes that desire managed spam protection. They need the ability to see what messages are blocked and whitelist if necessary, in a format that all of their users can understand. We appreciate the simple, clean interface that gives us the ability to quickly setup new clients, as well as quickly find and take action on messages that the client needs to find right away. The support has been great, as we are constantly swamped with duties and responsibilities of our own and do not have time to spend hours learning how to use a new platform or troubleshoot an issue.

What Secure Email Gateway solution do you use?

SpamTitan Email Security review by Jerry S. G.
Jerry S. G.

"High protection for the mails of our company."

What do you like best?

SpamTitan is a tool that allows us to control all types of malicious emails that try to circumvent our security, and access through junk email, is a tool that is very easy to install or configure, you only have to make the necessary configuration for each user and mail, add the desired protection for each of them, and the system is subsequently responsible for activating all of its security tools, for our emails automatically, it is something that I love about this application, it is not the typical tool that you configure something, and you should be checking every day, if you are working well, or if something goes wrong, here the revisions are made by routine, since the system works quite well, most of the time.

What do you dislike?

Something that I would love about this system, is to have an application on my mobile phone, where I can monitor the application, it would be quite interesting, since it would allow monitoring, when you are doing other types of things, it is almost a rule, for the different security systems that are used today, having a mobile application, I believe that more than a characteristic, for this type of products, it should be an obligation, in these times, where most people use a smart phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool that will allow you to keep all your emails free from all types of threats, also works pretty well as a spam filter, I do not think that many recommendations are needed, since it is a spread, which is not very complicated to start up .

In general, it is a system that helps us to avoid all types of attacks via email, it is a tool, that really does not need to have a lot of supervision, as long as an optimal installation is carried out, this allows us to concentrate on other types of attacks that can receive our company, and let SpamTitan do its work, automatically, which I must say it does very well, also helps us to avoid those junk emails, which are only a nuisance for the users of business emails, thus not We have to be doing periodic reviews in their emails, to clean them, because this tool is responsible for keeping them clean at all times.

SpamTitan Email Security review by David C.
David C.

"Minimizes our exposure to harmful malware and junk emails"

What do you like best?

I like that it's very easy to get started. We can basically get SpamTitan connected to our email accounts right away. The control panel can be accessed through our web browser, which I find very convenient. We can let the system automatically filters malware and spam email or input our own email addresses or domain names to blacklist. We can also whitelist domain names to ensure certain senders get through. The pricing is very reasonable and the tech support is usually quick to respond whenever we have questions.

What do you dislike?

The user interface in the web portal is doesn't have that modern and sharp look lots of websites have these days. The text is smaller than on most websites and is hard for me to read sometimes. The design of the interface looks like websites that were designed before the responsive layout trend kicked in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many anti-spam software solutions out there, but from what I understand, the typical default filters that come standard with email accounts don't usually do the best job. If you receive tons of emails every day and want a more accurate email filter, then SpamTitan is a great way to go when you don't want a ton of fuss with setting things up.

We've had fewer annoying spam emails and emails that contain malware and phishing messages. By having less clutter in our inboxes we're able to spend more time being productive with our actual work activities rather then sorting through and deleting emails. I feel more at ease knowing that email I receive are more likely to be meaningful emails sent from actual people I work with and do business with.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Connor S.
Connor S.

"Easy to setup, manage and provision."

What do you like best?

The whole experience as a whole was very pleasant, I was looking at SpamTitan as it's a lower cost alternative to some other anti-spam products without losing any functionality.

The support team were very helpful and quick to respond whenever I had any questions which was a nice change.

What do you dislike?

After using this product for a few months I have had zero issues with it, the only thing that I can say I've disliked is when I was unable to find what I was looking for documented on their forum however as I said in the question above, their support team were always very fast at responding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a trial and see for yourself, they're really good at offering trials so if you call them up and let them know your needs you can see first-hand for yourself how it compares to your current solution.

The main business issue this is solving is reducing the amount of spam e-mails the company is receiving, it's also reducing the amount of malicious e-mails that may be trying to phish the customers data. It works by scanning incoming e-mails and comparing the senders with the known blacklists as well as examining the e-mail for any malicious code.

SpamTitan Email Security review by David S.
David S.

"Hands down best replacement for Barracuda"

What do you like best?

The degree of customization and logging is amazing. You can account for everything going in or out of your organization and set filtering rules to match any scenario. Performance of the web UI and functions like searching and reporting are lightning quick. Virtual machine for VMware was super easy to deploy. Spam Titan offers an in-house solution, which we LOVE as well as options for people who prefer cloud. In-House appliance has full support for ipv6 both sending and receiving.

What do you dislike?

Licensing is per e-mail address so you can run into situations where one users with multiple addresses requires a few licenses. However the cost per license is lower than other solutions, and there is a grace period if you go over

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to consider SpamTitan. The offering is flexible and if you still want and trust an in-house solution, they offer that in addition to cloud. The in house solution is not scaled down in any was and is just as good as the cloud offering.

Barracuda spam filtering was letting us down and letting viruses through. As a managed service provider we wanted our own in-house solution for spam filtering we could use our self and resell to customers. We didn't feel like paying some other company to do it for us in "the cloud". Spam Titan was the perfect fit.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Ben W.
Ben W.

"Excellent Product, Great Features and More Coming"

What do you like best?

SpamTitan has some of the best filtering we've seen compared to other products, it does an excellent job when configured right of capturing a high volume of spam. It's relatively simple to get around and set it up, and runs in a very lightweight VMware appliance.

For us personally as well the price point is quite cost effective vs other products on the market, and they are flexible in the pricing models offered.

What do you dislike?

We do have some small gripes like with any software, some of these have been resolved over time - some still exist. One of my biggest pet issues is that the Quarantine reports can be set to a minimum of daily - some of our users would just like it a bit more frequent.

The web interface itself is a bit aged as well compared to many modern interfaces, but it's functional and easy enough to get around - so it's not really a big deal.

We use Spamtitan to add another layer of protection against all potential outside attackers of spam, phishing, malware, and viruses.

With this product we keep our users far safer than with stock filtering of Office 365 or anything else I've used over my 10+ year career (and I've sampled quite a few products).

We see a daily significant reduction of spam, malware and other attacks against our users from the email front - and for the small percentage of stuff that does get through - we have other layers to ensure the end user is as protected as possible.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Wayne B.
Wayne B.

"Avoid their cloud-based solution unless you have tested it very well"

What do you like best?

Ability to correctly identify spam is good and the end user is able to trigger their quarantine-report on demand by following a hyperlink.

What do you dislike?

It's not just about identifying spam, when you rely on a pipeline for mail-delivery, one weak link in the chain can bring your mail-flow to its knees. Choose wisely. My biggest regret with using SpamTitan was to buy in to a 3-year deal to avail of a discount. That is only my own fault as they do not offer a refund if you decide to cancel the service. I used their cloud based spam-filter service so cannot comment on their non-cloud offerings. As a small MSP you will want to avoid this product which lacks end-user accessibility beyond very basic quarantine-report-control via hyperlinks. You will find yourself micro-managing end-user accounts endlessly. And avoid their outbound mail-relay completely – huge headaches will ensue. Their support can also leave you dangling for days as I guess they are just too busy. I ultimately took the hit and moved to another solution half-way through the three-year period; footing the bill myself to ensure my clients had a more reliable email delivery experience. I am no knocking the company who seem to have good spam-mail identification technologies. BU the experience as an MSP is not a good one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid the cloud-based version. Do not sign up for more than a year.

Reduces junk-mail and the risk of email-born viruses. Does not address the danger of links within their basic product, requiring a DNS-based solution to tackle that issue.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Eric P.
Eric P.

"Decent Spam Filter"

What do you like best?

Easy to use program, easy setup. Quick access to the Quarantine folder with plenty of options for filtering if you need to find a specific email.

What do you dislike?

When I first transferred to SpamTitan, there were some options that I was used to with our previous filter that were missing with SpamTitan. Apparently to get the features I was missing, you can't do the Cloud version, but the Hosted version instead. With the Cloud version though, it is much easier to just set and forget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want very little features for your spam options, go with the Cloud version. It is incredibly easy to use and simple to manage. If you need the extra features, the only way to go is with the Onsite Hosted version.

Since utilizing SpamTitan, we have seen a reduction in our Spam messages that get through. We still have to fight the False Positives, but I had people come to me that had been getting 50+ spam messages a day in their Inbox, and now they were down to around 5 a day. Most of the employees were shocked at how few emails that they started receiving, while not losing any of the legit emails.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Nikolas M.
Nikolas M.

"Excellent Spam management for single or multiple domains"

What do you like best?

Ability to manage multiple domains, and set up multiple account administrators, also the option to send users daily spam filter digest messages. They also offer self-hosted versions for those with specific security needs.

What do you dislike?

Missing some of the more advanced Security Training features of other products, but the price is unbeatable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd give it a shot for sure, they only charge you for active mailboxes, so pricing is much more reasonable than even the online pricing would indicate. For example, one of our clients has a mail server with about 150 currently "active" (user provisioned) mailboxes, however many of them get little to no use, or are only used for calendaring, meetings rooms, etc, and so our actually monthly licenses usage count for this customer is only 90 seats

Needed a managed cloud based solution for multiple tenants. This allows us to manage Spam filtering for multiple clients, each running different types of e-mail services, all through a single, cloud hosted and managed, pane of glass.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Irfan A.
Irfan A.

"Great Hassle Free Spam Filtering"

What do you like best?

The interface and backend makes it easy for all of our staff to manage spam- before we ran on a Sonicwall email security appliance that would randomly crash, and was slow. Being able to deploy SpamTitan as a VM with clustering features for both of our sites has been a life saver. We hardly ever see spam get through, and when it does, we make sure that we forward it on to the spambank and then it is never a problem again.

What do you dislike?

I wish the product had a way to detect safe vs unsafe macros, though blocking them all in quarantine to be checked seems to work just fine with us

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of SpamTitan support- they are fast, friendly and always happy to help.

Much less spam on our already strained exchange server. Also a good guard against exchange going down, all mail gets held at the spam filter until it comes back up.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Benjamin J.
Benjamin J.

"Spam titan let's me focus on more important matters"

What do you like best?

I found spamtitan via reddit 2 years ago and I cannot tell you how much time it has saved me.

I am the sole IT person for a company of around 100 employees and before spam titan there would be days where half of my morning, every morning, was sorting through questionable emails that looked like legit invoices but werent.

In the last year over 170k crap emails were stopped before reaching our mail servers. If I scanned every one of those emails manually with 1 minute scan time each. That's 118 DAYS worth of time spam titan has saved me.

Their interface is to the point and not unnecessarily flashy. We use spam titan cloud and it is FAST. I can pull up a weeks worth of emails for all employees in 10 seconds and manually check if there was something blocked that shouldn't have been (rarely happens though).

I can view suspicious emails without needing to download them first, I can create custom block lists by domain or email address. And I actually just found a digest feature that let's me send all employees a quarantine report allowing them to unblock things they need from their own email without needing me to stop, find the email, and white list it.

Our plan has a set number of emails but unlimited domains so we have 4 companies using spam titan all under the same plan. I can add or remove companies on my own without messing with our cost or needing assistance from spam titan support.

Lastly, spam titan support staff are AMAZING. it's ridiculous how helpful and friendly they are. The most recent example being that my email host started acting up and emails were vanishing. Spam titan support, as well as my account manager for spam titan looked into our delivery logs and informed me what they saw on their end. They then went out of their way helping me understand how to setup another companies product to work with their own when they didn't have to.

I love these guys. The cost is absolutely worth the piece of mind and I'm a cheap skate to boot. I have never been happier with another company in my entire IT career.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that use to bug me was not being able to create filters based on keywords to sort through innapropriate email subject matter. Now that I know the software in and out, while the feature would be cool, it's not a need.

I'm saving time, money, and getting the benefit of virus scanning before email even reaches our own firewall and network. In IT the biggest security risk is always employees unfortunately. This cuts that risk down for email alone by I'd say at least 90% making my job so much easier.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Important part of my business - incredible value"

What do you like best?

SpamTitan has been a part of my business for many years with my e-mail hosting solutions. Their multi-level approach with virus/malware has really been a savings with not only my business, but my customer base. I only work with vendors that understand how important their products work 365/24X7. Their technical support is top notch and the few issues that I have had, which primarily were caused by my staff, they resolved promptly. Any person that I have worked with at SpamTitan was a nice experience and they are excellent at following up with any question/concern I have had.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to put here as their pricing is fine, support is great, so forth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. It is easy to setup, virtualize and test. It was a no brainier for myself to use it.

I used a number of products to reduce spam, virus issue, mal-ware, etc. The resources that were freed up in my business after SpamTitan was implemented was substantial and I wish I had implemented the solution years earlier. Prior to the implementation of SpamTitan, it was common to spend easily 5-10 hours a week that was not billable on the issues that we were dealing with. Once I determined what our prior solutions were actually costing me (low cost up front, high cost on the backside) versus what SpamTitan cost, as I stated earlier, I would have put it in place long before I finally did. I want to emphasize how little time is actually spent on maintaining SpamTitan as it is literally less than 1-2 hours a year, which is exceptional.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Rob C.
Rob C.

"Software done right"

What do you like best?

Where to start with this, its standalone so there is no cloud dependencies, very good layout and intuitive. Works as advertised in removing 99% of the spam virus’s and malware. Installation takes minutes with minimal configuration. However, it also allows for a wide variety or customizations. Support is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t much to say that I don’t like about this software but if I had to say one disappointing point is that its not capable of county blocking. IE if ii don’t want to accept email from Russia I cannot block that on mass. Though it does identify sender origin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have about an hour of free time to install this product. The help department when confirming your installation are thorough to a fault. (not a bad thing just time consuming)

One of the companies that we deal with has had the same domain name for close to 30 years and have used their email addresses for personal as well as business purposes as a result they receive a higher than normal amount of spam. Spam Titan has managed to all but completely eliminate that problem.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Simon M.
Simon M.

"Great service and support"

What do you like best?

When deciding which service was best, no time was spared in answering all out questions and generally being as helpful as possible! This made making the choice very easy! Since using the service our Spam Levels have been near zero, and where there are false positives the daily email makes it a piece of cake to release them / whitelist the email addresses! Would recommend to anyone.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot i would say that i actually dislike! The only thing i think would be useful would be to write custom reports, that you can send as an email. For example all SPF rejected mails. It would also be useful to be able to override SPF protection for certain addresses only.

We were having a lot of issues with spam getting through our old filter and we also could not whitelist addresses meaning certain clients emails were hard to find! This is no longer an issue

SpamTitan Email Security review by Jason A.
Jason A.

"Simple and Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Having a simple online interface where we can monitor in realtime the emails coming through the system. Blocking persistent emails by domain or email address and White listing email addresses is easier for all users. At any point emails can be released to the user and daily summary makes it great for the user to highlight any false positives.

What do you dislike?

I've not had an issue with the system since going live 12 months ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial to see if it compatible with your needs first. This gave us total confidence that it was going to meet our needs.

Easy access to the spam filer, quarantine and users. If a new client has emailed and we have not received the email we can easily check the filter first. Their email can then be whitelisted. We have been able to bypass our external IT support and have one main user who can control this in house saving so much time.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Hector G.
Hector G.

"SpamTitan Cloud Version"

What do you like best?

Doesn't take long to have it up and running, Menus are clear for easy navigation. Can have multiple users with different roles for team collaboration. I must add that even some will say it is not part of the product for "US" the IT force if you have a great product that lacks support... then you have a problem... for me SpamTitan is a great product with a good support team.

What do you dislike?

System response might get slow at times, not a huge problem but should be corrected. Quarantine alerts/reports timeframe should be better. I had reports from the system about a valued customer with attachment containing a virus only a day after. This is critical and has to be improved!.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test both versions of the solution and decide based on your results. Nothing out there is perfect and if you think you find it... trust me at a certain point it won't be. This product is great at a reasonable price, and definitely does work.

Emails are and will remain that open door for unwanted junk, malicious attacks and faster contamination from a virus, SpamTitan gives that extra comfort, at a reasonable price, you have some defense against these types of emails before they hit your organization. As an added benefit, my emails will still flow if my on-premises server goes down up to 5 days!!!

SpamTitan Email Security review by Mario S.
Mario S.

"One of the better Filtering gateways out there"

What do you like best?

Definitely am a big fan of the clustered mode for high availability as well as checking outbound emails for specific regex strings. We've caught a few people sending information that they shouldn't have through our system.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that I can only have one verification server. As rock solid as it is, I'd like to be assured that if our verification server goes offline, the behavior of SpamTitan doesn't change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your organization's email address list was put on a spamming list, SpamTitan is a huge relief. We no longer receive unsolicited emails and everything works really seamlessly.

By filtering out spam, we're able to have users spend less time sifting through their emails and more time being productive in their day to day jobs.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Chris F.
Chris F.

"Spamtitan Does it All"

What do you like best?

Ease of use is a big deal for us. We're a 2 man IT department. Having something that's easy to move around in and not time consuming is a must.

What do you dislike?

It's a pretty solid product. Not really anything to dislike. If I did have to pick something, I would say length of time in between software updates. It would seem to me that we would see more "updates" than what we do see. The flip side of that is, if the product is solid, updates frequently aren't necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. I think you'll find it's very user friendly.

SPAM. We deal with a huge amount of spam. Thousands daily. We have cut down on the amount of unwanted mail drastically.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Mundo A.
Mundo A.

"Turnkey antispam solution with great value"

What do you like best?

As an MSP we love we can add client new domains to go thru our SpamTitan Private Cloud setup in no more than a few minutes. The general settings cover 95% of our use cases and from then on SpamTitan allows us to customize extensively per domain/user. We also love that new features are being added periodically (at no additional cost) giving SpamTitan great value.

What do you dislike?

Documentation could be a bit better on the knowledge base / support web page they maintain. User Interface is not very intuitive at first but grows on you with time.

We looked at a number of cloud based antispam solutions and SpamTitan looks to be the one with better value overall.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Jose A.
Jose A.

"SpamTitan Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up just point your MX records to SpamTitan and off you go.

What do you dislike?

The support is not that great. It is really difficult to get someone to create a remote session to help out. Most of the support is always exchanging e-mails with tutorials on how to do stuff and the tutorials are sometimes useful and sometimes not at all. Having said that, we have probably contacted the technical support 3 to 4 times in almost 4 years that we have using the product. It just works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product, particularly for non-for-profits. Good discounts and value for money.

An anti-spam solution with no downtime, secure, easy to manage and with a self-service portal offered to users with minimum input from IT.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Galeb M.
Galeb M.

"Advanced Antispam Solution ... Quality, Performance and Usability"

What do you like best?

Spam Titan Anti Spam is very easy to setup and use,

It is also stable and reliable, and needs minimal administration interaction.

It is really a leading business grade, anti-spam filter, that gives you full controls over the system.

It perfectly cleans, and protects mail systems against unwanted emails.

And it give the end user options to tailor b white and black lists.

As for the quality, 99.9% spam catch rate really free our IT staff for other tasks, as they doesn’t have to worry about frequent email threats arriving to our employees on daily basis.

Spam Titan is highly flexible, we are using tow clustered systems to filter email flowing from 2 different sources, and redirected to internal email servers. This installation is providing us 99.99% uptime, with minimum mail delivery failure.

And setting up the system for outgoing email as well, will boost your email servers reputation by preventing spam and malware spread.

What do you dislike?

Sometime AV engine doesn't update, but in many occasions the problem just disappear by itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of the best anti spam options in the market.

Spam Titan Anti Spam is very easy to setup and use,stable and reliable, and needs minimal administration interaction. so it decrease IT overload.

It perfectly cleans, and protects mail systems against unwanted emails. so corporate email accounts are protected against spam and viruses.

It give the end user options to tailor b white and black lists, which will increase overall end user experience.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Administrator

"SpamTitan Public Cloud extremely basic for what you pay."

What do you like best?

Paying monthly in Australian dollars. Easy to log into the portal.

What do you dislike?

Extremely limited functionality in Public Cloud compared to Reflexion (which I used for years).

The spam digest only sent out once a day which usually turns up late in the afternoon after people have gone home for the day so any emails that are caught wont be attended to until the following morning, and in the Public Cloud, the date is incorrect as it is coming from the US servers which confuses the end users.

There is no facility for GEO blocking (i.e. blocking email from specific countries), though I have been told that it is coming.

I was given access to Pattern Filtering in an attempt to stop certain emails coming in. After multiple attempts and even getting SecureSoft / SpamTitan support involved, it still doesn't seem to work, or if it does, it is extremely random when it does actually block anything (I have over 130 domains I have manually blacklisted to stop them coming through).

Keyword filtering doesn't appear to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't go with the Cloud version unless you want very little control over the product. If you can afford it, go with the Private Cloud option and also make sure you pay monthly to make it more affordable for you.

Attempting to block spam and viral emails. One of the main benefits is that when the spam digest does eventually turn up, end users find it relatively easy to manage their emails.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Gregor S.
Gregor S.

"Great value for money & 1st class support!"

What do you like best?

Performance at filter SPAM is nearly perfect. There are not much spam mails coming through and if it does, they are not clearly "spam". Also the support is great - normally you get an answer after a few hours and a working solution for you at the same day.

What do you dislike?

The GUI could be better (it looks like they never changed the design - at least since 2014). Sometimes you need to search for a while to find some settings when you don't use the interface (set up and forget) frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's hard to find such a great product at this price! Give it a try. If you use the On Premise version check the status of URIBL. In most cases you use a high volume DNS which leads in blocked request at URIBL (which is used by SpamTitan to check Links). In this case you have to buy a seperate "datafeed" service at uribl (volume based).

Filtering about every SPAM mail which is send to our mailboxes. Employes doesn't complain about spam mails anymore. It works fine for mailboxes and public folders (mail address based solution). A lot better than VIPRE.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Administrator

"Very Happy with Spam Titan! Great product at a fair price. "

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the fact it works well. The dashboard is intuitive and responsive. I use both the appliance and cloud features. Having a portal for quarantine access and sandbox viewing of the emails helps our end users make better spam decisions.

What do you dislike?

There are components of the cloud offering that I only can change by calling support - I would ideally like portal access to those features. These features are mail relay related. I also don't like that they are different portals of access which makes things a little more difficult to administrate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use this product for mail filtering as it makes spam filtering easier to do.

We are a MSSP so having one solution that can handle all types of client Spam emails and deliver less bad emails with a very good catch rate. So far this product has done a great job at addressing the issues.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Robert S.
Robert S.

"Huge, and complete solution for fighting with spam"

What do you like best?

The most I like is incredible effectiveness. So many options to set, so many switches - if you have knowledge how to fight with spam, SpamTitan gives you many tools to achieve your goal. And all this software for a reasonable price!

What do you dislike?

I don' t like the selling model, where after a year you have to pay the same price than the year before. I like to be mentioned as a loyal customer when software producer gives me a better price than the completely new customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a question, ask helpdesk - I think it's the best support I have ever seen. SpamTitan has a lot of great tools, that you have to use to be very effective in spam filtering - so use partners' knowledge or support.

No spam it means many additional hours to make a business, it's more secure, no virues etc. It's very important to be sure, that someone else will fight for me on emails field.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Administrator

"SpamTitan - Affordable and effective."

What do you like best?

The combination of price and performance is great. It was very easy to set up and so far has cut our number of spam emails down to almost nothing. It's also very easy to whitelist, blacklist, release from quarantine, etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any major complaints. It worked well out of the box but we do still have the occasional email to whitelist while it learns our company's needs. It would be nice if there was an option to store more than the previous 8 days worth of email. If someone goes on vacation for a week or longer, they will not be able to recover the older stuff from the quarantine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was the most cost effective solution I found and I haven't regretted choosing it. If the service continues to work as intended, we will be renewing for 3 years for the additional savings.

We replaced an old Dell ESA 3300 that died on us suddenly. We were up and running quickly with SpamTitan. The email filtering is much better now and we don't have to worry about a piece of hardware dying on us again.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Andre Z.
Andre Z.

"Spam Filtering that works fast"

What do you like best?

The mail comes through very quickly.

There is the ability to see in the reports all mail that has gone through allowing you to pin point at what part a mail message may have been intercepted.

The ability to fine tune the score and cut off point is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The reporting interface can sometimes take along time to load when looking over a weeks worth of emails.

Occasionally valid items will be flagged as spam which I can then whitelist to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is very good at what they do. You will have to tweak your cut off scores and the more you correct it the better the product becomes.

Allows me to protect my clients emails from malicious attachments and phishing attacks. Security is about layers and this provides one of the layers.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Morten B.
Morten B.

"It just works"

What do you like best?

The set it and forget it, you don't need to think about on daily basis, once it is configured to updates antivirus antispam and definitions quite often to ensure that as little as possible spam gets trough, faste positives are very rart.

What do you dislike?

There is really not much to dislike, the interface has what it needs and the system works, not much to tweak either but the again the people at spamtitan really seams to know what they are doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember to use SPF and other antispam issues on your domains, to minimize the amount of spam you send from your domain.

Stopping alot of spam, so that staff dont need to go trough alot of spam to find the mail they need to respond to. This gives them time to do thier work instead of filtering spam by hand.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Stephen H.
Stephen H.

"Best decision I've made in awhile"

What do you like best?

SpamTitan filters out more of the spam, with less false positives that the product we used to use. It has a better interface which is very easy to use as well.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend a serious potential user ask for a demo. You can sort of see right off that it is a powerful setup.

Before using SpamTitan I basically had to blanket block most countries outside of the US. I also had to deal with frequent complaints for staff on the amount of spam getting through. Now I have only 2 non us domains blocked, and get maybe 1 concerned staffer email a month. I love this product!

SpamTitan Email Security review by Faburn F.
Faburn F.

"SpamTitan Cloud Review (after 2 years use)"

What do you like best?

- The application is stable and requires little maintenance.

- Support is responsive and knowledgeable.

- Cost is a good value and pricing structure allows for use with multiple domains to maximize licensing.

- New email addresses are automatically learned to ease administration and automate licensing needs.

- Solid reporting that meets mu needs.

- User self maintenance works well.

What do you dislike?

- Not really an issue for me, but there is no mobile administration client.

- Web interface seems dated, which is not a concern of mine, but it could turn off some admins.

My company has used the SpamTitan Cloud solution for approximately 2 years without experiencing noticeable technical issues or downtime. I occasionally need to add a white list entry or release emails that are not SPAM. The end users get a daily email to allow them to identify emails caught in their SPAM filter and decide how the application should handle them. The licensing count is not tied to a specific domain which is attractive if you support multiple domains or are an MSP.

SpamTitan Email Security review by PIERLUCA P.
PIERLUCA P.

"Before Spamtitan we had 75% spam emails in our mailbox "

What do you like best?

I really like the web user interface, it's clear, easy to understand, and the service was easy to setup.

I love the licensing system. We have a lot of emails account, but most of them are not so much used.

Licensing system is calculated about last days average email count. it's great for us.

What do you dislike?

Would be great an option to automatically put in the white list an entire domain ( @example.com) from a single false positive mail in the report

Now we have a full filtering system for all incoming emails, and the final users (mailbox) can easily delete, release or whitelist email form daily report.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Dan O.
Dan O.

"Great Product and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

After going through a fairly simple setup, SpamTitan just works. It does a great job of stopping most spam and has a small number of false positives. It is also pretty easy to set up notifications on any blocked emails to ensure that proper capture is occurring. One side feature that I really like is using the web interface to see what emails have been allowed through. Using that information, when a client calls and tells us they sent an email that we didn't get, I can immediately look on SpamTitan to see if the email reached our servers at all. This allows me to very quickly determine if an email that never reached us was blocked on by our servers or prior to reaching us at all.

What do you dislike?

If you change a filter in the web interface to return too many records, the site will sometimes hang.

I have sent in questions for support once or twice, and I do get a reply very quickly that the staff will address my question, but I often never get a response after that.

Spam filtering

SpamTitan Email Security review by Michael K.
Michael K.

"Great solution to combat spam!"

What do you like best?

I find SpamTitan to be an excellent advanced email security solution for my organization. Blocks spam and malware in an easy to use manner. Nice reporting tools as well that shows the numbers and types of bad stuff the solution stops dead in its tracks.

What do you dislike?

Can't say there is anything I dislike about the solution and we've been using it for many years now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't hesitate recommending this product to others, we are extremely happy with the product and have no plans on moving to another spam solution anytime soon. They seem to be one of the few software vendors out there that truly value our business.

Ensuring spam and other malware don't get through to our staff. Keeps us safe and saves time!

SpamTitan Email Security review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Excellent product with simple implementation "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of installation as well as the ease of controls and customization equally best . For those looking at some of the other products keep in mind that even after installation you need to be able to manage and you may need customize a few features. This is very important as the simplicity makes it so I don’t have to relearn the product each time

What do you dislike?

I only have one dislike and it’s that I didn’t go with SpamTital earlier

We solved a problem in that we could not control email sending of photos and videos . We now can. With that in mind it has also allowed other policies to be controlled where before the policies were more a legal aspect to be used after someone did something against policy and got caught. Now we are able to prevent!

SpamTitan Email Security review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Good Product, Reliable, Easy-to-Use, Good Support"

What do you like best?

We switched to SpamTitan from a previous competitive spam solution as an MSP. We've found the SpamTitan product to be simple to deploy, easy to administer, and the support has been very good and responsive.

What do you dislike?

SpamTitan's search functionality and reporting is very good - however it would be improved if there were an easier and simpler way to search through the historical email logs instead of having to download and search individual mail log files.

As an MSP, we are offering SpamTitan to multiple clients in order to reduce spam volume and offer additional email protection, particularly to Office 365 clients.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Tony H.
Tony H.

"Great SPAM Solution"

What do you like best?

Easy to deploy and manage, as well as, very effective in preventing SPAM. Provides for email auth methods, such as, DKIM and SPF verification to validate senders. Easily deployed as a virtual appliance with cluster support.

What do you dislike?

Finding things is not very intuitive in the web interface and takes a bit to get used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the cost and value of what you are receiving. there are a lot of well known names out there, but they do not necessarily deliver a better product, they are just more well known

Preventing SPAM, viruses and phishing email from entering the network. We make it a point to respond to emails immediately and knowing that the email notification has a high probability of being a business related email and not SPAM makes that job easier.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Matt G.
Matt G.

"Outstanding spam prevention"

What do you like best?

In desperation and suffering under loads of rubbish in my inbox I discovered SpamTitan and instantly solved the problem - very little gets through now and they're easy to deal with. Really like the spam digest each day to check if anything needs review or release (the occasional email that should be released or white-listed gets trapped)

What do you dislike?

The initial setup process had a bad link, but otherwise it does everything perfectly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy setup, works first time

No more spam clogging our email system - it's much easier to navigate without all the rubbish coming in all the time.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"A mid-range tool with a nice interface"

What do you like best?

The admin and user interface are clean and easy to use. The navigation to specific settings can be a little opaque, but the system is concise enough that it doesn't take too long to find what you are looking for. The integration options are good and the user interface simple enough that several of our more determined users have set up their own filters and lists.

On the occasions that I have called technical support they have always been there and answered my questions or fixed my problems.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. Our experiences so far are pretty uniformly positive.

After taking our main email solution inhouse SPAMTitan has allowed us to control the email flowing in and out of our systems much better than we could before.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"Spam Titan Review from active User (VINLEC)"

What do you like best?

Spam Titan does what it is suppose to do very well. It is userfreindly and intuitive. One of the best component of SpamTitan is the support staff, Excellent.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes. SpamTitan does its job well

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spam Titan works and works well. This is a product that you can implement and forget about it as it does what it is suppose to.

We were flooded with Spam and malicious emails. This impacted the staff greatly and the risk factor of exploitation via email was high. SpamTitan solved that effectively.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Paul A.
Paul A.

"Peace"

What do you like best?

Peace of mind from the extra layer of security as the product eliminates viruses and spam before it hits my computer.

What do you dislike?

The process of signing up could have included a reference to a feature I really like. Spam titan will email a list of eliminated emails so you can check for wanted emails.

It took me about a week before I could implement this feature.

If all of my people are saving the same amount of time, we all get a few days of productivity extra per year.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Mark N.
Mark N.

"User Friendly and easy to install"

What do you like best?

SpamTitan effectively blocks most incoming spam to my emails, it also has a very slick and user friendly design which is eyecatching and simple to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Some spam have bypassed SpamTitan, but other than this the rest of the app is perfect. Nothing truly harmful has come through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth the money, even though it is already very cheap.

Some users have had issues where they have almost lost data to fraudulent emails, SpamTitan has stopped any of these harmful emails coming in.

View Original January 3, 2019

"SPAM Titan reduces spam with minimal false positives"

What do you like best?

SPAM Titan was extremely easy to setup, and requires almost no CPU and RAM resources. I have received a few updates within the first few months.... I really like knowing that Titan HQ is constantly working on improving SPAM Titan.

What do you dislike?

The navigation was a bit difficult to understand at first.... It's not very user friendly

We were getting a ton of spam emails on a daily basis and malicious emails, and did not want to renew our existing spam filter since it wasn't performing well. The amount of spam that makes its way past SPAM Titan is very minimal, and we have yet to receive a malicious email attachment since going live with SPAM Titan.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Matt D.
Matt D.

"SpamTitan for MSP"

What do you like best?

User interface is easy to navigate and responsive.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to adjust some of the "global" settings at a "per domain" level. (i.e. quarantine email schedule, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend SpamTitan. Excellent support, great pricing, very good experience overall. We implemented the hosted version of SpamTitan in 2018 and have been very pleased with our decision to do so.

For our customers that are using it, the reduction in spam and malicious emails has been significant.

"SpamTitan works for us"

What do you like best?

SpamTitan provides good filtering and good reporting. I like that even messages rejected because of RBL listing still show in the message history. I also like being able to apply rate limits.

What do you dislike?

We've encountered a few "bugs". They were not show-stoppers, but little things that just don't work as expected. I wish individual custom user settings were not over-written when a domain wide setting is changed. For instance, if my domain spam threshold is set to 4, and a user's threshold is set to 1, when I change the domain threshold to 3, then the user's setting is changed from 1 to 3.

SpamTitan has reduced the amount of spam in our user's inboxes.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Monte Y.
Monte Y.

"Spamtitan Review"

What do you like best?

Spamtitans services have been aces since i signed up and start utilizing it for my customers and my own business.

What do you dislike?

daily email journal doesn't have clickable links to quarantine box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it.. it works great and is a solid performer and works great in my stack of offerings.

Spam blocking and micro detail to tweak to get just the right settings to catch most if not all bad emails and still allow for regular email business to be done.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Christopher S.
Christopher S.

"Spam Titan Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and does a good job blocking spam. Setup of additional domains is simple and the reporting per domain give me a good overview of what kind of spam traffic is coming in.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with excel files being flagged as a virus. It would be nice if it blocked more.

By using SpamTitan, we don't have to worry about maintaining another server or end-user product to pre-screen incoming email for spam or virus's.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Administrator

"SpamTitan is a great and affordable Email Appliance"

What do you like best?

The main features that spam titan provides. Virus scanning, block lists. I really like the user reports sent to employees. It lets them handle their own whitelists and blacklists. I use their cloud appliance, which is great for our uptime needs.

What do you dislike?

Their pattern filter for spam doesn't always work correctly. And there is no way to test it through the appliance. I also wish there was more unique features, but I can't complain for the great price. Features i would like would be some GEO IP spam rating. That would solve a lot of spam our company gets

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a tight IT budget, spamtitan is the way to go. As far as cost for features, they are the best.

Spam is the number 1 issue we had before spamtitan. We still get some spam come through, but it doesn't last long. Its also great that our employees can manage their own white and blacklists.

SpamTitan Email Security review by Brighton V.
Brighton V.

"A Great Product that Does what it Promises"

What do you like best?

The way that we get fewer, if no, spam emails. It has also caught many phishing emails as well.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit dated and while the feature set is solid, it seems to exclude more advanced features.

Many of our users used to receive 50+ spam emails a day, of which only a third were blocked. Now with SpamTitan, these same users are virtually getting no spam emails.

"Good if you need it"

What do you like best?

Fast email processing. Great customer support. Easy to use interface.

What do you dislike?

Is an added cost to Office 365 Exchange Server once we switched over, so we quit using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have your own onsite email server, SpamTitan is awesome! When we moved to Office 365, we tested and found the SPAM filtering was equivalent to what we were getting with SpamTitan, so we discontinued use. The company itself is fantastic to work with. I had quite a few questions during initial setup and their technical support was excellent.

Even over a year after installation, I had some questions on how to configure active directory instead of the lists that I had started out with. Technical support was outstanding not only with the configuration of SpamTitan, but also configuration necessary for our Firewall and DNS that would be required to make it all work properly with LDAP and Active Directory. So, in short, if you need a SPAM filter, SpamTitan is my one and only real recommendation. I did research and test for approximately before we finally went with SpamTitan and then only after I went through their 30 day trial. I hope this review is helpful to you.

Was a fantastic solution when we were hosting our own internal Exchange Server. Once we went to Microsoft Office 365 though, there wasn't really a Return On Investment since Office 365 Exchange already has some SPAM blocking built into it.

Learn more about SpamTitan Email Security

SpamTitan Email Security Videos

Learning about SpamTitan Email Security?

* We monitor all SpamTitan Email Security reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.