ServerPilot

ServerPilot is a secure control panel optimized for hosting WordPress and PHP websites on cloud servers.

Work for ServerPilot?

Learning about ServerPilot?

ServerPilot Reviews

Showing 12 ServerPilot reviews
ServerPilot review by David H.
David H.

"Securing your Wordpress site and server which rock solid support"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and reliability are the main reasons I always go to server pilot after I spin up a new server. They take care of all the details and configuration so I can get on with the build and delivery.

What do you dislike?

The pricing model is a little more expensive once you start running a lot of servers. Especially when you compare it to other players in the market. However, the support backups the additional cost and is worth it in the long run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably could update the admin interface to offer some more compelling UI and stats. It's a little light on real time feedback and notifications when compare to other rivals

It allowed me to self easy at night knowing my server was properly configured and patched to keep the bad guys out. The benefits are a good nights sleep and ease of setup.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ServerPilot
ServerPilot review by Joseph P.
Joseph P.

"Love it, ServerPilot = AutoPilot"

What do you like best?

The setup process was fast and easy. I chose to use the Coach paid plan for just $10/mo to add AutoSSL and server health stats. I'm a proponent of the AWS ecosystem so I was happy to be able to try the Lightsail offering in conjunction with ServerPilot. The setup documentation was clear and simple.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike so far. Granted, I'm running a single application and a low-volume personal portfolio site, but I've been up and running since December with solid performance and no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a management solution for straightforward configurations, ServerPilot is definitely worth trying. You can start with the free plan and upgrade for more features and functions if desired.

After years of using customized Bitnami security-hardened stacks for AWS (which are great, don't get me wrong), switching over to ServerPilot has completely eliminated the tedious process of keeping the server stack updated.

What Other Hosting Services solution do you use?

ServerPilot review by Brian L.
Brian L.

"Great Support! "

What do you like best?

It's when you get into trouble or when things start going wrong that you need good support to get you thru. Server Pilot has given me that I have their Business Plan. My time is worth money! Other companies offering similar products, spend all their time brushing you off. 2 days to get a return answer that isn't even relative to the problem.

Of course the servers do their thing well with Digital Ocean and its nice to have more resources than you need for so little money.

What do you dislike?

So far so good. They seem to be improving with new features all the time. I wish there was an easier way to connect to the data base. but I set up PHPMyadmin and all is good now

Recommendations to others considering the product

The business plan will take a load off your mind and you can spend time making money.

I had to get PHPMyadmin setup and they were great! Will be able to access my data base when I need.

ServerPilot review by Armando R.
Armando R.

"Good tool, easy to manage but pricey"

What do you like best?

What i like the most with Serverpilot is the easiness of setting it up. Configuring and deploying a web app is just a breeze and as simple as following the instructions. it is a very complete platform that will help you a lot managing multiple servers.

It has many auto installers for know apps like wordpress. They also provide easy to free and easy to install.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the price. compared with the competition i know its much more expensive. It charges not only per server but also by app. So if you have many, you will pay a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion, there are cheaper alternatives to Serverpilot. Anyway, you should try out their free plan and see if you feel comfortable with it. I think it adds value, especially if you manage not many servers.

Deploying apps on the server its not the most straight forward task. It looks easy in the beginning but it requires a lot of technical knowledge to manage and configure the servers properly. With Serverpilot that task is simplified.

ServerPilot review by Andy T.
Andy T.

"ServerPilot Review"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed the fact that this app offers a one click install for new servers. I used to spend a lot of time setting up servers for web hosting. I feel that ServerPilot is an absolutely outstanding product that makes my life easier. The free tier already offers more function than almost any other product I've ever used.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything I dislike about this product. Obviously I would like to have access to the paid features, but right now I don't have the need to do it. I will definitely upgrade my membership in the not too distant future though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend this product to anyone who is interested in setting up web hosting on a VPS.

Time required to set up a new server for website hosting.

ServerPilot review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Easy Server Creation"

What do you like best?

If you are into running your own cloud or VPS server, ServerPilot is for you, making the whole process of actually being able to use your website on a server and having it accessible fairly easy. It also takes you just slightly out of your comfort zone, but not so much that you fear what you are doing. Free SSL is also a bonus and the API for upgraded accounts. It is a very simple to use Dashboard.

What do you dislike?

ServerPilot is very basic and offers a simple panel, allowing for WordPress installs and simple server management. It will create the database for you, but you must learn how to install PHPMyAdmin and install other things you may need on your own, particularly extra security features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a fairly simple solution for Cloud computing or your own unmanaged VPS, ServerPilot is a step in the right direction to help you get there.

ServerPilot is currently the solution to several of my websites that I am running on DreamCompute (DreamHost's Cloud computing server). The benefits are that with the combination of these two: I can have my own private cloud server up and running in minutes.

ServerPilot review by Shirleyson K.
Shirleyson K.

"2+ Years Review on Serverpilot"

What do you like best?

Serverpilot is for sure the best server management tool period.

Most of my sites are wordpress based, And with serverpilot i can get them setup and up and running in less then 10 seconds.

Serverpilot has made possible to anyone deploy like a pro. Its awesome, Justin support is great, And i just love the product.

The api is FANTASTIC! well documented, With ready made php sdk.

What do you dislike?

The pricing model, is per server it could have discount for multiple servers and something like that.

Also the fact that you cannot have one server in a plan and other in some other, Example one in free and one paid, If one is paid, all your servers are paid, That makes us have multiple accounts, one per plan.

But since theres this "work arround" i can live with that.

If it was possible to have a per server plan in the same account it would be very nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Youll find hundreds of tutorials, and also screencasts, about it. Its simple the best solution.

No need for sysadmins to deploy cloud servers.

ServerPilot review by Olaf L.
Olaf L.

"ServerPilot is the best CP for your Cloud VPS"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to install ServerPilot on your new Cloud VPS. Actually you're ready to configure your first website after several minutes. The free version is fine if you don't need a second login or SSL. If you got for the paid version, the (new) SSL implementation is very cool, just switch it on and you sites runs on https with paying for a SSL certificate. Customer services is very responsive and the provide also tips for questions not related to ServerPilot.

What do you dislike?

There is no feature to upgrade a free server to a paid server. If you need to switch, you need to migrate all sites to another server. Actually you need a second ServerPilot if you need free and paid services. You can't create multiple logins for a specific app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a controle panel that makes it possible to create website accounts very quickly, than is ServerPilot the tool you need. You need a bit knowledge of the Linux command line because the CP isn't very complex and covers only the most necessary options.

ServerPilot review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Excellent piece of software for managing virtual servers for PHP applications"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. A non sysadmin is easily able to use this software to have a well configured server

What do you dislike?

Their new pricing structure has become a little more complicated. Paying per app, isn't necessarily the way you want to go

Recommendations to others considering the product

For PHP applications it's a perfect solution! I haven't tried anything else.

We spend way less time on maintaining and updating the servers. The applications have been running very smoothly ever since!

ServerPilot review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Very good performance and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Simple to use and no extra server load!!

What do you dislike?

Silver Pilot is a good service, but you have to trust these guys a lot, because you have to entrust them your data, your app, your creditcard number... They rule your server , they can run on it whatever they want. And you are responsible for your server... So, it's really good service, I tested it, it's easy, it's powerful, but who are these guys, should we trust them?

We achieve the registration and implementation of the server and its implementation, with a good and fast result

ServerPilot review by Steven P.
Steven P.

"Second to none support"

What do you like best?

The best system features because never have to worry about network issues

What do you dislike?

The system was constructed flawless and without any bugs, so never had any issues

Our old system would fail multiple times a week. Using this service reduced our issues which allowed us to perform our daily functions without fail.

ServerPilot review by Consultant

"Easy to use. Wish it wasn't limited to DigitalOcean"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. I do like that if you're going to be hosting with DigitalHosting, ServerPilot is easy to use for that case.

What do you dislike?

Limited language support. Limited to DigitalOcean.

Ease of hosting on DigitalOcean.

Learning about ServerPilot?

* We monitor all ServerPilot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.