PixaBay Reviews & Product Details

PixaBay Overview

What is PixaBay?

Pixabay is a vibrant community of creatives, sharing copyright free images and videos. All contents are released under Creative Commons CC0, which makes them safe to use without asking for permission or giving credit to the artist - even for commercial purposes.

PixaBay Details

Pixabay
2010
Neu-Ulm, Germany
@pixabay
Answer a few questions to help the PixaBay community
Have you used PixaBay before?

PixaBay Reviews

Showing 97 PixaBay reviews
Already have PixaBay?
What do you like best?

The best thing of Pixabay is it's licensing, they do not stop you to use their stock images for commercial use. You can use these images or photos from personal to commercial use without paying anything. They appreciate the attribution but it is even not forced, like other online tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You may not find any result for many important and widely used keywords, means less image stock than paid ones. Each image can't be downloaded in the illustrator or svg format. There are pre defined sizes of each image, you have to choose the size out of these only. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you require good quality of images or graphics for any type of project, whether it's non-commercial or commercial, Pixabay could be a nice source to complete your graphics requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Pixabay images for various projects of our organisation and Me too use them for my personal project. Many of them are similar to paid stocks and of very high quality. It helps in savings of some bucks. We can get good quality of graphics without paying anyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager Finance
What do you like best?

We can use pixabay for high quality images and graphics for free to all users without paying any cost. The search option is very good we can search our related topic images in pixabay. We can download copyright free images in pixabay. We can use pixabay for high quality music. We can click images and upload images in pixabay. Tools of pixabay is very easy anyone can use it easily. We can take pixabay images for our official use like a poster or web development. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes our click images uploading approval time is very long. Sometimes image quality is not good as well as we assume. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our team members use pixabay to download images for use in poster and web development. It is free of cost to download images for all users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Producer and Media Director for The Salon (Digital Series)
What do you like best?

Pixabay is one of the best Free Graphics stock market. It offers free uses of it's downloaded graphics even for commercial use. The best thing with Pixabay is that we do not have to credit anyone while using it. Graphics are also of high quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are millions of graphics but even we might not get what we expect. There is no matching result for so many topics. Last but not the least vector format is not available for all images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for stock images for commercial or non-commercial use, give it a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use images from PixaBay for so many designs in our organisation. We have so many times used these in Banners and Posters too. Its one of the best solution for free commercial uses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager R&D
What do you like best?

We use pixabay for high quality photos and graphics. It is free for all of us. The search option of pixabay is very good we can search for our required photos than many photos available here. The photo quality is very high in pixabay gallery. We can click photos and upload them to pixabay for the sale of our photos. There are many types of photos available in pixabay photos storage. The price is very low that is the reason is small company afford these price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We can upload our click photos on pixabay than photo approves by pixabay for very long time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use high quality photos and graphics for use of our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We can use pixabay photos and images of personal or commercial. We can use music in pixabay. High quality images are available in pixabay. pixabay images are available in less price for small companies to afford that price. We can use pixabay to use high quality graphics for our company. The search option is very good we can search for our required photos than many photos available on pixabay. The photos quality is very high. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pixabay search keywords are not good sometimes we can not find our required photos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our team members use pixabay to use photos and graphics for our orgatations. High quality images use like web design and posters for our company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology
What do you like best?

I like very much that in pixabay almost all the images have a bestial quality and are free of copyright, besides they are free and each image is a different world and you can use them without fear of some kind of lawsuit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the image search system is a little bit bad and inaccurate which causes us to waste valuable time looking for the perfect image we want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

pixabay is an excellent website for storing photos which are free to use and are perfect for those who are not very good at photography and want to give a touch of professionalism to their work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am not a photo expert by any means but thanks to pixabay I can make use of their excellent images for my projects and give them a professional and sublime finish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We can use pixabay for download photos. We can downloading images we can select several different sizes from web-size to poster size. We can filter the search option. All images are copyright free. All the photos are free and most are high quality and print-ready. It is very user friendly and easy to use. When we choosing an image we have the option to download it in small, medium, large, or even extra-large resolution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When uploading images we have to wait a few days for it to be approved by pixabay before it is released on the website for all to see. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our manager to use pixabay images to solve their problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It has been extremely excellent to use as a collector of important photographs for my important projects. It has been amazing for image proofing and editing used for advertising and marketing publications. It has certainly been instrumental in increasing a solid appreciation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

He considered that software has given headaches in terms of widespread software. Also that support is somewhat slow to respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has given an incredible result in image projection and photography. It improves the quality and management of each marketing project. It has been used very well to realize an optimal creative illusion that captures clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using the software to implement a strategy of incredible processes of self-management in social networks and any photograph that is needed in strengthened image. Without a doubt it is highly functional and we do it to share a professional image. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Manager
What do you like best?

I utilize Pixabay's sans quality photographs for blog articles, aides, and web-based media. Simple to look for the kind of photograph dependent on the point you're expounding on. I like being able to download different sizes as well. I like it when new, arbitrary pictures show when I first open the website - invigorates innovativeness and how I may have the option to join them into my showcasing/blogging. I additionally like the free record. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

PixaBay doesn't generally have the correct photograph for the task I'm dealing with. It would be vastly improved on the off chance that they could foresee my necessities and have those pictures accessible when I search for them. Until their AI gets sufficiently refined to foresee my requirements before I am mindful of those necessities, I should agree to the eminence free stock pictures effectively accessible on the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend pixabay because its the best so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I feel like the photograph labeling is mistaken now and again. In case I'm looking for "gatherings", I don't have to see photographs of felines. I wind up sitting around idly figuring out some photographs that having nothing to do with the subject I'm searching for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Pixabay has the most beautiful feature that allows a user to download any high-quality royalty-free stock images and vector files for free without paying anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes this app becomes unideal if a user is looking to find some specific stock images as it mostly has generic stock images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using PixaBay, we can source free stock images and vector files for using it on our webpage, social media pages, and email marketing campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Admin/Content Writer
What do you like best?

I use Pixabay's quality, free photos for blog articles, guides, and social media. Easy to search for the type of photo based off of the topic you're writing about. I like having the ability to download various sizes too. I like it when new, random images display when I first open the site -- stimulates creativity and how I might be able to incorporate them into my marketing/blogging. I also like the free account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the photo tagging is inaccurate at times. If I'm searching for "meetings", I don't need to see photos of cats. I end up wasting time sorting through some photos that having nothing to do with the subject I'm looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Going to one site to find quality photos is a huge benefit -- makes my job as a marketer/blogger easier. Easy to search for images which saves time. I can download different sized photos, instead of having to load them into photo editing software to resize them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Marketing
What do you like best?

Every website needs stock photos and PixaBay fills that need with royalty free images that can be used without attribution. This is helpful for content that will be shared on social media because posts with an image tend to get more engagement than text-only posts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

PixaBay does not always have the right photo for the project I'm working on. It would be much better if they could predict my needs and have those images available when I look for them. Until their machine learning becomes sophisticated enough to predict my needs before I am aware of those needs, I will have to settle for the royalty free stock images already available on the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem solved by PixaBay is stock photography for website design projects and content marketing. These images are very important for the user experience of content on a website and social media marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Community Editor
What do you like best?

PixaBay offers a good variety of images for most email campaigns, landing pages, and even on a website. Their search tool find relevant images quickly an even suggests paid images in case you can't find what you're looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although PixaBay does offer a good variety of images, I feel they could offer even more of a variety, or maybe add new photos more often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm saving money in marketing budget by not having to pay for images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Pixabay has a large variety of public domain pictures and graphics to fit your graphic design needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Though, it is supposed to be all public domain works, I still see pictures with material that could be copyrighted. I know that Disney is very touchy about pics taken in their parks, etc. So, I would have to research those before using them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just make sure there isn't copyrighted material in the photo you are using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sometimes I need graphics and don't have the time to generate everything myself. I can usually find something close to what I want to use on the site. Because of this, I do save time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I love the range of artistry of all the photos Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That for a project I was working on looking for African American expectant mothers, the search engine would show a majority of white ladies instead. Perhaps the inventory is low but still was surprising. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great site, great photo inventory, easy to use, I highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is my first go to for photos when working on a project as the quality and beauty of the photos surpassed many other sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic designer
What do you like best?

Many of the photographers that upload to Pixabay are actually very good photographers with a great vision. The photos aren't stale and stiff like many of the stock images available on other websites. The photos on Pixabay are often full of emotion and have a nice human touch to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The library isn't as large as some of the other stock image websites that cost more money. There aren't that many updates with new photos on a regular basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shopify also has stock images for free that are worth a look. Many of the images are as good as those on Pixabay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can download high resolution photos with little to no restrictions for use in web media, documents and marketing content. We can edit the photos down by cropping them, adding text or other modifications to fit whatever needs we have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Support Technician
What do you like best?

This application has a large number of images, all with a high quality perfect for use in professional matters. This program is very useful if you get used to working with images, they are totally free and there is no copyright problem, has an intuitive menu and practical for any user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This application is really perfect, there's nothing wrong with it and it's free, there's no problem at all, so I really don't have anything wrong to say. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this application for any user, really is perfect for any company, can be used in a personal or professional way, their images are useful for multiple things, this application can be tested without problem because it is completely free and has no limit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This tool within the company is the best for finding quality images, is often used to create documents and projects, as these images have a really professional quality. Pixabay allows different employees to have a place to use advanced quality images for the documents they create. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

It is easy to find what you are looking for as far as free stick photos go. I do worry that some images are put up without the authors consent, however. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would recommend buying your images whenever possible using Adobe stock or Istockphotos.

I would recommend this for mock ups or non commercial projects. There is just too much of a copyright issue if you risk using this site for other purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be Leary of potential copyright issues. Images are uploaded by users so they could come from anywhere. Do your own research and be safe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy and fast free photos good mostly for personal use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Everything is free. Excellent quality, very talented people! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike. Perhaps constantly having to input that I’m not a robot but that’s a small sacrifice I’m willing to make! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it but be sure to support the artists that post on there so we can keep it alive! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Pixabay for everything! I use it for my Facebook posts, websites, videos, everything! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

This program allows you to find images quickly, perfect for all kinds of work, is an excellent site because it has a lot of images available without copyright and with great quality, are perfect images that can be used for the creation of documents, presentations or anything else that requires specific images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I don't like about this site, it's really excellent and has a lot of images that are more than I could need, this site and the creators of the images do a very good job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend the use of this application for any user, really has quality images and perfect for any occasion, I recommend also support the creators so that way to thank the work they do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is common to use the images of this service for the creation of personalized documents, presentations and any other design that requires specific images and good quality. This tool is perfect to avoid using online images that are copyrighted or simply not as professional as the one you get in Pixabay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Supervisor
What do you like best?

Pixabay has a vast library of stock content that is submitted from countless photographers and creators and don't require a monetary payment for licensing. With all of the stock photo websites out there that charge super high fees for photos with all sorts of confusing licensing types, it's refreshing to find a company that execute a successful business model that benefits all involved. Many of the stock images are more artistic in nature than the corporate look of many stock photos on paid stock content websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think that it can sometimes be hard to find images for very niche type uses. Even though there are boatloads of images for just about any niche on big stock websites, the Pixabay open environment has less incentive for photo owners to submit their work and therefore leads Pixabay to have fewer photos than other websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To keep the Pixabay website going and to entice new photographers to submit photos, I'd suggest acknowledging the content owners as much as possible in the media you use their photos. You can at least place a credit and link in the description of videos if putting the credit in the video itself is not possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can use Pixabay photos for our website background images, videos, Facebook posts, print materials and other media projects. Instead of searching through Google images for free images that may or may not have copyright restrictions, we can rest much easier knowing that Pixabay images have been filtered through a copyright process that allows us to use the images unrestricted for personal or business use with or without crediting the content owner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Content Producer
What do you like best?

There aren't many steps required from the point of loading the Pixabay home page to having and image downloaded and ready for use on my computer. The selection of photos and variety of themes and topics the images relate to are vast for a website that offers free photos. Another great thing about Pixabay are its licensing terms, which don't require the user to post credits or follow any other stringent guidelines related to use or editing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

An open media asset resource like Pixabay usually means that the photos we get will be less unique since more people have access to them. I think if there were more types of media and possibly more generic photos with white backgrounds, I think that could help to make some of the image more versatile for our business and marketing design uses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For stock photos, Pixabay is a good place to look if you're on a budget or maybe want to experiment with some designs without have to actually pay for photo licenses. You should be careful when using photos from Google searches since the licensing terms are not always very clear. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pixabay is great first option for us to look for photos that we can use for many different design purposes. The community of photographers in Pixabay helps to bring a relatively wide selection of images for us to choose from every month. I often see awesome new images posted to Pixabay every week. We can save on stock photo expenses and don't have to focus so much on stringent licensing terms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AO
What do you like best?

Free images that can be used for commercial purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The showing of Shutterstock photos that are not available for you to use unless you obtain them through Shutterstock. Some of them are better. If you click on a photo thinking that it is a photo you can use, after clicking on it you find out that it is not a photo you can use. It is not a Pixabay photo.

Also, for some searches there are not a lot of photos available and I have seen a lot of animated or cartoon drawing like photos. I also dislike blocked photos due to (what looks like) the nature-content being presented with photos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to add pictures to my blog posts, Facebook posts, and an e-book manuscript that I started. The benefits that I have realized is the ability to use the photos free of charge for non commercial use with no attribution to the author. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistante photographe
What do you like best?

Simply Pixabay I fall in love, it is an excellent social platform, free in its entirety, everything in Pixabay I can use freely without permission, everything is free of rights and there is no need to mention the source. And the best thing is that you can use it both for personal use and for commercial use, therefore it opens my work panorama enormously, it is super easy to use and has one of the most attractive and thriving visual platforms in the medium. For those reasons it is my favorite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really do not see anything negative in this great community is a happy place to exchange art and appreciate the different ways in which they are presented. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very useful tool for us as photography lovers, there are too many categories of photos that you can take advantage of for the different occasions that are required, you will not have any legal problem when using the photos found in Pixabay and they will have no cost for your company, what more could you ask for from this incredible platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Despite wanting to be independent in each of our creations, we don't always have what our customers want, PixaBay greatly expands our gallery by giving us more photo opportunities that are free of copyright, saving us a lot of legal problems and supplying our lack of photos in areas that we do not cover, it has been really useful for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.