Microsoft Bing Web Search API Reviews & Product Details

What is Microsoft Bing Web Search API?

Microsoft Bing Web Search API is a service that retrieve web documents indexed by Bing and narrow down the results by result type, freshness and more, it bring intelligent search to apps and harness the ability to comb billions of webpages, images, videos, and news with a single API call.

Microsoft Bing Web Search API Profile Details

Microsoft Bing Web Search API Profile Details

Microsoft
Description
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.
1975

1-14 of 14 total Microsoft Bing Web Search API reviews
Accounts Payable Coordinator
Construction

"Brand new user"

What do you like best?

I just got a new computer here at work, and this was one of the new features it has. I have just started using it, and I am still getting used to the way everything works. I find it interesting what new things are showing up in my search results that I did not find before, however this can be a double-edged sword, as I will explain better below.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to learn, or re-learn as the case my be, where everything is located or set up. I prefer when things work the way I am used to, for expediency sake. Also, (and here's the opposite edge of the aforementioned double-edged sword), sometimes the search can throw some weird and completely unrelated things into your results, which means I have more to wade through before I find what I am actually looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Still too new to make any recommendations of any worth. I prefer to leave reviews of some worth.

When performing a search, I now have more options that show up in my results. I don't know if that is solving anything just yet, as I am still a brand new user. However, while it takes me more time (sometimes) to find what I have actually been looking for, there have been a couple of times that I found unexpected and useful results. I am still learning the capabilities of this program.

Realtor
Farming

"Not Useful"

What do you like best?

It is nice because it is a microsoft product, and usually that means it is going to be pretty good quality. It was pretty easy to set up initially. It was just something we tried out temporarily.

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly at all. It was pretty easy to set up, but tweaking settings later proved to be the problem. We can't usually find what is it we're looking for. Very disappointed in this microsoft product, and I am usually a big fan of their products. The google version was definitely better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We tried to implement it in our website as a search engine, but it didn't work for us. We were able to get better results from the google product. Maybe it will work better for you than it did for us.

We were trying to have a better search engine available for our website, something a little more cost effective, but would still get the job done. Right now, we are not using it for anything. It wasn't as useful and user friendly as we had hoped it would be.

Gifted Education Teacher
Education Management

"Microsoft Bing Web Search is User-Friendly"

What do you like best?

I use Microsoft Bing Web Search every single day. I can link my Microsoft Rewards points for searches every day. For best results, use Microsoft Edge browser when Bing searching. There have been extensive articles and surveys conducted on Google and Bing and usually Bing is seen as "less bias" concerning political views.

What do you dislike?

There aren't too many features that I dislike compared with Google. The only reason I use Google more is that my school district uses Google Chrome on many our school-wide programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give Bing a try. You won't be disappointed in the results and you really won't miss Google. The news articles associated with Bing are also a huge plus. I also would highly recommend the Bing image result finder. This has helped me out greatly in finding free and useful images for PowerPoint slides for use in the classroom setting. Makje sure to connect your Microsoft Rewards account to your Bing searches to earn free points for simply doing your job on a daily basis.

I like the idea of having a non-bias search engine that is not going to guide me to the left or right with particular articles. I can read the news and not have The Huffington Post or Fox News shoved in my face. The benefit of knowing that I don't have to weave through any fluff in my searches allows me to have a safe search tool to use in my classroom

G

"Easy to get started with reaso"

What do you like best?

We needed a way to search for names and get top results. Parsing web results was not a consistent method, but the json results with all manner of detail were very helpful. It was easy to get started and provided all the search result details we needed.

What do you dislike?

The pricing was straight forward but also think it could have been cheaper for requests. It'd quickly get pricey with enough searches.

Quickly and efficiently getting detailed results in a consistent and easily consumable way was key to improving processes.

Artist
Food & Beverages

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I like the easy search and organization of layout of pages.

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing about this program! It is easy to use and full of professional information!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a top choice!

It is extremely informative and and educational core. I was able to complete the research needed to complete an associates in graphic design and certificate in web design. It helps a lot with JavaScript research and getting my web pages developed. It helped me a lot with researching codes.

Kindergarten Teacher
Higher Education

"Thousands of image and video results instantly"

What do you like best?

I like the feature of image and video results returning when researching or browsing the web

What do you dislike?

There is not anything that I dislike about the program. I enjoy all of the features.

I am able to complete certain tasks in less amount of time. This is a benefit, because it allows me to get other tasks completed as well.

Staffing Specialist
Human Resources

"Use it everyday!"

What do you like best?

Very easy and simple to use, able to easily obtain results from web relevant to user queries. The best way to learn to use this is by watching online tutorials

What do you dislike?

so far everything is good. Could maybe have something that is a little more affordable

helps get back search results that include links to webpages, images and more

Administrative Assistant - Disaster Recovery
Human Resources

"I use this software multiple times per day."

What do you like best?

I like the speed and integration of several apps into one product.

What do you dislike?

It assumes a lot but most of the time it is right!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great software - Definitely worth investing in if it is the right fit for you and your company.

Speed of information.

Caregiver
Political Organization

"Search Weapon if you will "

What do you like best?

Being able to utilize on any device in private or public.

What do you dislike?

I have no bad experience at the moment.

I have not had to toss any work away and finish each assignment started online.

G

"Not quite the search engine everyone hopes for"

What do you like best?

5000 searches/mo for free is awesome. We've never used that more in our small driver app.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get complaints that the results aren't what a user is looking for or that they aren't relevant.... probably their fault.

A search engine is a search engine. We needing something inside the app for drivers to use and when being announced the 5000 free searches we jumped from the other guys

GR
(10,001+ employees)

"Works fine but still not close to Google API"

What do you like best?

I liked that it functioned properly, and it has a few features that are different than the google API.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, this isn't a realm that is already cornered and perfected; unless they can improve speed and results accuracy which they haven't.

I work at a company that is contractually obligated to use it. I use it to embed the search bar or populate results on GET function.

GE

"Microsoft Review"

What do you like best?

It’s ease of use is one of its best features. To be able to have access to the internet and other information with accurate feedback from the search.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the crowded appearance on screen and could use better immediate results and pictures.

Access to online statistixal results were much easier to access which allowed projects and ideas to move more fast paced because of the accuracy of results.

"Microsoft Bing Awesome!"

What do you like best?

Started using for simple inquiries and it’s been awesome. Sometimes doesn’t get as many hits as other engines but easy navigation and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Doesn’t always get as many hits as other engines.

It’s provided more accurate results and not so widespread results.

G

"Review of Bing search engine"

What do you like best?

Usually finds result as intended, easy to use

What do you dislike?

Not as good as google, go to google as a back up

General look up of processes and suppliers

Microsoft Bing Web Search API User Ratings

8.1
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.3*
* Enterprise Search Category
Do you work for Microsoft Bing Web Search API?

Microsoft Bing Web Search API Categories on G2