Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service

Storage Transfer Service allows you to quickly import online data into Cloud Storage. You can also set up a repeating schedule for transferring data, as well as transfer data within Cloud Storage, from one bucket to another

Work for Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service?

Learning about Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service?

Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service Reviews

Showing 15 Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service reviews
Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service review by Gavin S.
Gavin S.

"Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service has been a life saver for our team"

What do you like best?

This service is a wonderful addition to the Google Suite. The manual process is a long and tedious one. This service allows you to make quick work of transferring data from one user to another. If you frequently have users who leave the company or have any separation, this tool can save you a lot of up front time and effort.

What do you dislike?

When using this service. It places the files in the root folder of the user it is transferred to. If you had a good organization structure, you will have to redo it. Having to completely re-organize and re-share all your files can be a total hassle when you have the structure that our company has. The Team Drives feature that google has now implemented can help solve some of these issues, however the Team Drives feature also has many issues of its own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a good back up of your organization structure so that you dont lose the placement of your files.

It speeds up a process that could take a long time with Google Drive's normal processes. Having to manually transfer files when a user leaves the suite takes a very long time. This is a fast and secure process. When we have a user who leaves the company, it is easy to get a copy of all the documents they have been storing. Once you transfer the documents to the correct party, you can deal with organization afterwards.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service
Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service review by Isabelle F.
Isabelle F.

"Easily Import Online Data Into Cloud Storage"

What do you like best?

I loved how fast we were able to quickly import online date into the Cloud Storage. What’s great additionally is the automatic and repeated schedule features for transferring data, with the bonus of an even faster data transfer from one bucket to another within the Cloud Storage itself. Amazing features.

What do you dislike?

It's not that straightforward to use and some prior IT knowledge is necessary for proper data transfer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend without any hesitation. This is a very reliable and professional tool. I am fully satisfied. Worth trying. It offers a free trial, should you wish to experience by yourself.

We managed to safely and securely transfer private and important company data to our new server on the Google Cloud Platform. This saves us time and any IT issues.

What Cloud Migration solution do you use?

Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service review by Safa K.
Safa K.

"Share and store data quickly and securely"

What do you like best?

Google cloud allows me to store and share all the new information and allows me to open the application on multiple devices, wherever I might be. It also organizes and integrates my data.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot that Google cloud is capable of and there are a lot of applications, many of which I do not need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it more user friendly, especially for those who do not need all the applications.

We are a big team in multiple locations, it makes it easier for us to share data with our members and collaborate and network.

Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service review by fatemeh k.
fatemeh k.

"best of Clouds .... Easy yo use ;)"

What do you like best?

easy to use interface. speed that it spins up .offers command line for better control with commands. Anonymous access using the url . enabling encryption, configuring access, and monitoring access over time

What do you dislike?

There is nothing currently that I dislike ;)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for a group project benefit is accessibility from anywhere on any machine

storage solutions

Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service review by Ashleigh M.
Ashleigh M.

"Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

The interface is clean and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Genuinely, I haven't found anything I don't like yet. But I don't use it enough to form too much of a negative opinion

Saving storage on my computer and in my email by using it

Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service review by Deedee S.
Deedee S.

"Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

I like that I don't have to think about individually transferring my files; they are done for me!

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of. I have always had good service.

It allows my staff to focus on more pressing issues.

"Very easy and useful"

What do you like best?

I'm a very frequent user of Google Cloud Storage and what I like best is the very efficient use under all points of view. As a matter of fact, you can quickly share informations with your colleagues, besides checking and having access to your shared files.

What do you dislike?

As a frequent user, I got used to the interface, but I think there should be a massive improvement on that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can stop worrying about losing your data because of the sizes; Google Cloud Storage is currently the best way to share and integrate your files and data.

Me and my team are always using Google Cloud Storage because of our huge amount of data.

Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service review by Seth M. S.
Seth M. S.

"Great tool for storage transfer services"

What do you like best?

Simple to use. Clean interface. Professional and modern.

What do you dislike?

This app required a credit card for use of a free trial.

It allows a simple to use streamlined method of date storage.

Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Gogle Storage Review"

What do you like best?

I allows the flexibility to deliver digital information to users in a much more sophisticated e-book distribution platform. It provides a great platform to handle file for uploads and then perform editing or such actions once the files are uploaded.

What do you dislike?

The layout is not user-friendly and some times takes time to figure out especially as new users. The pricing is expensive to launch in a business setting for us

Uploading filws and integrating the files with the team who can simultaneously edit the files.

"Very efficient use"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to quickly import online data and store it for later use. It is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

No real complaints on this service - we did not have an efficient way to store data in the cloud and were looking around until we found Google.

The business problem we had was storing large amounts of data on various projects. This service allows us to keep that data secure and in the cloud.

Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Save on emails"

What do you like best?

This programme makes it easier to share information with other colleagues and have access to files without using up hard drive space

What do you dislike?

This programme can be cumbersome to use at first.

Sharing information with colleagues without using email or having to send multiple emails.

"So So Product"

What do you like best?

I like that it links with your other google accounts.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to navigate to find things stored. It was a bit of a struggle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easier navigation.

I have stored major projects with it and easily shared with colleagues.

Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service review by User

"Easy and fast for students and workers"

What do you like best?

Many of my classmates professors and employers use this which is great for note sharing or anything document related

What do you dislike?

There is a lot you can do so it can be easy to get lost within it

Creating Meeting appointments

Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service review by User

"My experience with Google cloud"

What do you like best?

Has a great amount of space for upcoming projects

What do you dislike?

Sometimes is hard to relocate files you previously entered

Helps with keeping clientele information from previous year

Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Google Cloud Frequent User"

What do you like best?

The ease of use for all levels of users.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time. Still finding useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing at this time.

Provides ease of sharing documents and files

Learning about Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service?

* We monitor all Google Cloud Storage Transfer Service reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.