What do you like best?
- I usually purchase all my company domain from GoDaddy. Mainly because I like the services and support they provided.
- One of the best things I like about GoDaddy Premium DNS is they provide name server services that have been reasonably fast and reliable.
- The user framework is very easy to understand
- Excellent security features, Premium DNS is equipped with protecting you from a DDOS attack.
- Customer service is very fast and efficient
- Lastly, if you purchase a domain from Godaddy it is easy to move your nameservers to different DNS provider.
What do you dislike?
- Even though Premium DNS there are chances you will suffer from downtown incidents.
- Even without Premium DNS, GoDaddy offers similar functionality.
- Naked domain routing(for example "https://nakeddomain.com") for S3 static website is not supported in GoDaddy. I have shifted my nameservers to Route53 for the same.
Recommendations to others considering the product:
In most of the cases, you don't need premium DNS services.
DNS is a simple protocol, most registrars and web hosts can serve a large number of records. You will get a lot of basic tools without premium such as CNAME, MX, TXT etc If this is all you need to do, this will be sufficient for your needs.
Premium DNS services usually offer advanced features, such as unlimited domains, unlimited records, security based on application availability. These are beneficial when you're building complex/distributed/web-scale applications across multiple service providers and need to perform advanced DNS adjustments based on criteria other than simple records publishing.
What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
For my startup (www.blubyn.com), I have purchase Godaddy Premium DNS service. As I told you it is reliable and fast. They provided pretty much everything you need to scale and host the website.