eTakeoff Dimension Reviews & Product Details

eTakeoff Dimension Overview

What is eTakeoff Dimension?

eTakeoff is an electronic viewer and takeoff solution for estimators across all construction disciplines with the ability to manage productivity, accuracy, share and review takeoff details, and more.

eTakeoff Dimension Details

eTakeoff
Lafayette, CO

eTakeoff Dimension Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the eTakeoff Dimension community
Have you used eTakeoff Dimension before?

eTakeoff Dimension Reviews

Showing 4 eTakeoff reviews
Already have eTakeoff Dimension?
What do you like best?

I like how quickly I can run dimensions or basic sq footage without having to spend a significant amount of time meausring in autocad or illustrator plug in, I appreicate how I can plug in the scale and I am good to go. great program and I expect to use it for years as well as recommend to a friend Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can't start a new measurement without clicking out of the existing, I wish it was as simple as autocad, sketchup or autocad plugin for illustrator Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend beginning with the free trial. the free trial lets you measure the basics. I appreciate all the advanced features with the premium, but currently I just need it for linear measurements and sq footage measurements Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am taking takeoffs for construction takeoffs with ease. It helps me get answers instantaiously Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

E-takeoff's best feature is the ability to export my team's internal takeoff's by division and then send them on to our external team members. This works great for all finishes and even masonry, roofing, glazing, etc. The best part is integrating costs directly into the program as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unless your precise about your movements, it can be a little finicky to use in the beginning. I often found myself accidentally choosing the wrong measurement or using the wrong tool to measure (LF instead of SF). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely take advantage of their included training and invite as many people as possible to sit in and review the training with you. It helped that we were all able to ask questions related to different aspects of our individual jobs/tasks rather than try and learn from someone else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our teams can easily manage an internal takeoff that double checks the work of our subs during the estimating phase. It acts as a means to understanding how much something is costing per unit versus the entire project. With some projects that have multiple phases we know going in that our SF calculations will be small but the overhead will be higher which ultimately incurs a larger bottom line number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

E-Takeoff allows our estimating department to do a high volume of quantity take offs which in turn allows us to bid a large volume of material square footage. The average number of bids that our department (3 to 4 people) have completed the last 5 years is 2,400 bids per year. The average square footage of material bid the past 5 years is 4.4 million SF per year. Our company has been using E-Takeoff since 2007 and it has suited our needs very well. The software helps prevent scaling mistakes and the shading (coloring) of areas that have been taken off helps the estimator to not miss areas and to not double count areas. I feel E-Takeoff is fairly easy to learn and all of our new estimators have been able to learn the software within a week to two week time frame. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much that I dislike about the software. I have been using it for ten years and I am pretty happy with it. The quantity template of area, lengths, counts and custom formulas fit all of the needs that an estimator could want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend E-Takeoff for quantity takeoffs. The standard template of area, length and count are useful for most applications. The template also has a "formula" trace that can be manipulated for simple or complicated formulas. I feel the formula trace could be adjusted to suit most estimating needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prior to 2007 we were still doing takeoffs with a scale on paper plans. The E-takeoff software allowed us to bid volumes of work that we did not think was possible (while still keeping the staffing of the estimating department low). The software allows us to be very accurate and very fast with our quantity takeoffs. One of the nice features of the software is that we can PDF an entire page that we have worked on. This allows us to create a PDF file of an elevation view that is marked up with dimensions, notes or that has the areas filled in with color that show the areas where we bid our material. That PDF file can then be e-mailed to a customer or to one of our own PM's out in the field to verify our measurements or show what areas were taken off on our bid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

ETakeoff, has made me so much more efficient in my estimating. ETakeoff has also helped make sure I don't miss anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A little tricky to find the documents you want in the folders since you have to go through several steps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A solid program then makes estimating quicker and more fool proof. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Estimating, ensuring the quantity are correct Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There are not enough reviews of eTakeoff Dimension for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Bluebeam Revu Logo
Bluebeam Revu
Bluebeam Revu is a PDF creation and markup tool.
On-Screen Takeoff (OST) Logo
On-Screen Takeoff (OST)
Quick bid estimating software and on-screen takeoff software for the construction industry.
Assemble Logo
Assemble
Allows you to manage BIM data to perform design reviews, model-based takeoff, change management, conceptual estimating & more.
PlanSwift Logo
PlanSwift
Construction Takeoff and Estimating Software
BuilderSYS Logo
BuilderSYS
Senterprisys Building Contractor Enterprise Software is a product of continuous improvement since 1989, primarily designed to improve regulatory compliance, increase productivity and speed up construction processes.
STACK Logo
STACK
3.7
STACK Estimating is a software that manage company's item and assembly catalog, calculate costs, and build custom formulas.
Corecon Logo
Corecon
3.9
Corecon develops an online construction software suite for estimating, project management, job cost control, scheduling, and collaboration.
ProEst Logo
ProEst
ProEst is a construction estimating software that allows you to create estimates, perform digital takeoffs, manage the bid day process and generate reports and proposals.
Methvin Logo
Methvin
Methvin is an online estimating application that allows you to generate quality cost estimates and winning bids allowing you to link worksheets to multiple tasks, set variables and to break tasks into sub schedules for pricing.
Trimble LiveCount Logo
Trimble LiveCount
Trimble LiveCount is a construction takeoff software for MEP contractors, helps to seamlessly integrate and mark up digital image files to streamline the quantification process.