dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL

5.0

dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL is a GUI tool for managing and developing databases and objects. The IDE for PostgreSQL allows users to create, develop, and execute queries, edit and adjust the code to your requirements in a convenient and user-friendly interface. The tool provides a data editing tool to customize your queries and property window so that users can view all the required information of PostgreSQL database objects they are interested in.

Work for dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL?

Learning about dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL?

dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL Reviews

Showing 2 dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL reviews
dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL review by Gencer W. G.
Gencer W. G.

"I use dbForge for PostgreSQL as for my main DB IDE"

What do you like best?

I use dbForge for PostgreSQL as for my main DB IDE. I had Navicat and always used it. From the first version of dbForge, I never ever used navicat once again. Seems very stable.

What do you dislike?

I already reported many bug reports and it seems Devart successfully managed to fix them. Only thing makes me think is to edit table schema. This is not so much showstopper for me at the moment because I use internal tools for table editing for my apps. (Migrations) No advanced database configuration (tablespaces...) can be made at the moment.

But this is very young product so I would expect such delay on these features as usual. No table schema editing but this can be done in second app (pgadmin v4) if necessary until dbForge implement it. Also, when I click on json value I had to manually switch to JSON View mode. It should automatically mark it as json view when i view a cell that has a json data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend it.

I was always in search of great tools for PostgreSQL. I really care about UI and dbForge has a huge advantage over this. Querying database, connecting to multipler DBs and marking them as "Production" or "Development" is also is a life saver. I just categorized them so never mix them.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL
dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL review by User

"Love it. Hands down the best postgres querying tool."

What do you like best?

dbForge's data visualizer is above and beyond anything I've seen from other products (commercial or otherwise). This feature, along with a great looking and familiar user interface (reminiscent of SQL Server Management Studio), and good syntax completion make your product a "must have" for Postgresql development.

I really appreciate that dbForge offers a free community edition as well. It's awesome to be able to also use a tool of this caliber on personal projects too.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. dbForge for Postgresql fills a gap that I've felt has existed for a long time in the Postgres community.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love it. Hands down the best postgres querying tool. Recommend.

Our solutions make heavy use of json and xml datatypes, so being able to visualize the data is very important to us.

What Other Non-Relational Databases solution do you use?

There are not enough reviews of dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Aiven Logo
Aiven
3.9
Aiven is a managed cloud service hosting for software infrastructure services.
Google Cloud Firestore Logo
Google Cloud Firestore
Cloud Firestore is a NoSQL document database that lets you easily store, sync, and query data for your mobile and web apps - at global scale.
Hive Logo
Hive
Hive provides a mechanism to project structure onto this data and query the data using a SQL-like language called HiveQL. At the same time this language also allows traditional map/reduce programmers to plug in their custom mappers and reducers when it is inconvenient or inefficient to express this logic in HiveQL.
Amazon ElastiCache Logo
Amazon ElastiCache
Amazon ElastiCache offers fully managed Redis and Memcached. Seamlessly deploy, operate, and scale popular open source compatible in-memory data stores. Build data-intensive apps or improve the performance of your existing apps by retrieving data from high throughput and low latency in-memory data stores.
Red Gate SQL Compare Logo
Red Gate SQL Compare
SQL Compare makes comparing databases simple and fast. Create scripts to deploy differences or changes to databases.
Google Cloud BigTable Logo
Google Cloud BigTable
Google Cloud Bigtable is a distributed storage system for managing structured data that is designed to scale to a very large size: petabytes of data across thousands of commodity servers.
Amazon DynamoDB Accelerator (DAX) Logo
Amazon DynamoDB Accelerator (DAX)
4.0
Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) is a web service that makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational DB in the cloud: Amazon Aurora, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server.
Firebase Realtime Database Logo
Firebase Realtime Database
4.7
The Firebase Realtime Database is a cloud-hosted NoSQL database that lets you store and sync data between your users in realtime.
IMS Logo
IMS
IBM Information Management System (IMS), built on IBM System z, is the lowest cost transaction and hierarchical database management system for mission critical OLTP.
SolarWinds Kiwi Syslog Server Logo
SolarWinds Kiwi Syslog Server
Kiwi Syslog Server allows to ship all logs from routers, switches and servers in a single file.

Learning about dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL?

* We monitor all dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.