AWS Shield

4.0

AWS Shield is a managed Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection service that safeguards web applications running on AWS. AWS Shield provides always-on detection and automatic inline mitigations that minimize application downtime and latency.

Work for AWS Shield?

Learning about AWS Shield?

Compare AWS Shield to Similar Solutions

AWS Shield Reviews

Showing 14 AWS Shield reviews
AWS Shield review by Sumit M.
Sumit M.

"Safeguard Apps From DDos On Aws"

What do you like best?

AWS shield is a service by amazon aws which provides managed solution for protecting your particular service or application on AWS from Distributed Denial of Service attack.This attack is one of the common attack from the hacker which gives constant request to your application making it insufficient to serve the real world users and so protection from such an attack is mandatory.As it is a well known attack there are many solutions also available for the same but as you are running a aws service I prefer using AWS Shield.It has salient features like easy integration and deployment,easily scalable and above all cost efficient.So it is a mandatory security service for any aws application.

What do you dislike?

I think they should try to give more protection against other attacks also,like integrate more security measures so that we could get everything from one place itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using AWS shield for safeguarding your applications hosted on aws.As you might be aware of DDos and if you are not just search it on the web,it is one of the most dangerous threats that this current generations of applications might face if proper precautions are not taken.So AWS shield which provides DDos protection for your AWS applications at much lower cost is worthy of integrating into your aws application.

I use AWS shield for safe guarding my client's and my applications from the real world security threats mainly DDos.I have used AWS shield in almost all of my services that I built on aws because I think it is a mandatory service to integrate in your application for security reasons because by chance if your app is attacked by DDos than it becomes a very hasty task of recovering it.So I use AWS shield for staying on safer side.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about AWS Shield
AWS Shield review by sanya m.
sanya m.

"best service to protect your running applications from DDos Attack!!"

What do you like best?

It provides automatic protection from DDos attacks without any additional charges , as we all know DDos attack can bring down the performance of you application in a minutes so it's the must required service for your all applications , you can enable AWS Shield Advanced protection for Amazon cloud Front and it also offers DDoS cost protection !!

What do you dislike?

As if now their is nothing to dislike about AWS sheild all things are good !!

Recommendations to others considering the product

AWS Shield provides live network flow monitoring and protection to your applications from DDos attacks automatically , and it's very cost effective !!

we use it to protect our all application servers from this frequently occurring DDoS attack , for that we're using AWS Shield Standard with Amazon CloudFront!!!!

What Cloud DDoS Mitigation solution do you use?

AWS Shield review by Administrator

"Shield is a great tool"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to set up the Shield. Moreover, apart from setting it up, a person does not need much knowledge in it whatsoever. Security Team does not need to explain what sort of attacks take place and how to protect from them but just assign a system administrator to work on the following problem.

What do you dislike?

I would say that one thing that I do not like there is to have limited options on protection from SQL injections and limited abilities for protection from DoS. I would like to have an ability to coordinate a specific protection and trigger it at specific time. Some functions of it interfere with other services so billing gets confusing very fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say to that Amazon Web Services Shield is heading to the right direction. I would like to have some things to be implemented a little differently. Marketplace is a great option that you have, but there are some popular options that people often use, but not implement them at your service? Apart from that, billing is really confusing.

I am trying to protect applications from having malicious scripts injected into them. We have had an application designed with a poor quality and somehow it got infected with a virus that started mining bitcoins which increases our billing the following month. Having set up security well and using AWS Shield have helped us to eliminate such problems in the future.

AWS Shield review by Lucas S.
Lucas S.

"A goos Ddos Shield"

What do you like best?

During my utilisation of the system "AWS Shield" the thing that I like best is that the website / the graphics and a lot of things like this are really good.

Using this service could prevent many Ddos attacks against our servers.

What do you dislike?

During my utilisation of the system "AWS Shield" the thing that I dislike are things like the price wich is High for me and my team

Recommendations to others considering the product:

you have to think about which offer to use rather than another.

Because it could really help you and your bui

the website of our company was often turned off after Ddos attacks but now we no longer have problems and can worry about other topics !

AWS Shield review by User in Computer Software

"Very effective for protecting websites from DDOS attacks"

What do you like best?

It's launcehed in two versions standard and advanced. The standard version is the free version and it actually offers protection from 96% of common DDOS attacks. It's very easy to use. And it can be used on an existing application or on a new Software as a Service-based application using the AWS management console.You pay for what you use, the pricing is really clear and no hidden payments. It is very flexible and customizable. It allows the user to select the operating system, web application platform, database, and programming language based on the user’s choice. It doesn't just offer protection for websites but also for applications.

What do you dislike?

I don't have really something much against it because it's very effective but the price is considered very high and expensive, yes it's worth it but a lot of people won't be able to afford it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AWS Shield has never failed me. It such a powerful DDOS shield that offers free and premium versions for different needs.

As a freelancer web developer my job doesn't just end when I develop the websites for clients but I also have to be in contact with them for any future issues and one pressing issue i'd always be contacted for is that sites are down because of DDOS attacks. My to go solution is always AWS Shield and I use both the standard version and the advanced based on the client financial ability and needs. Honestly AWS Shield has never failed me.

AWS Shield review by Diego S.
Diego S.

"Its a good protection for your infrastructure, we use it here all the time."

What do you like best?

Its easy to set up and it has several ways to protect your infrastructure with great reports and visibility.

What do you dislike?

Its a little expensive but its the best option so we use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you look to any other options in the market you'll see that this is the best one.

Since the last time that we were attack with a DDos, we have implemented this solution and now with are protected to any other future attacks, for now we can see them, prevent them and continue working.

AWS Shield review by Alec M.
Alec M.

"The ultimate protection"

What do you like best?

Ease of accessibility and support. Best DDoS around

What do you dislike?

You can also get advanced protection against large and sophisticated DDoS attacks for these applications by enabling AWS Shield Advanced on Elastic IP address.

AWS Shield Advanced’s enhanced DDoS detection automatically detects the type of AWS Resource and size of EC2 instance and applies appropriate pre-defined mitigations. With AWS Shield Advanced, customers can also create their own custom mitigation profiles by engaging the 24X7 AWS DDoS Response

AWS Shield review by User in Computer Networking
User in Computer Networking

"AWS Shield review"

What do you like best?

AWS Shield has the features of " always-on detection" and automatic inline mitigation , which is very helpful in reducing the downtime and moreover its has two levels of hierarchy i.e. standard and advanced and also being cost effective at the same time . It provides great visibility and sends out immediate alerts.Thus its a great tool for DDOS prevention.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found drawback related to AWS shield. Its is a great tool to work with , and thus I have no point of disliking the service provided by AWS shield.

Making systems more secure by using this tool and preventing the DDOS attack and decreasing the vulnerability of the system

AWS Shield review by Internal Consultant in Management Consulting
Internal Consultant in Management Consulting

"Implementation of AWS Shield to protect applications against common attacks"

What do you like best?

Easy of implement and maintain , and traffic visibility is clear

What do you dislike?

False positives at times. Apart from it, has worked flawlessly to this date (about 1 year after launch).

Deployment of Amazon Sheild has helped to shield our Web Applications hosted on AWS from web application attacks including XSS , SQL Injection etc . By creating customized firewall rules , it is possible to filter traffic based on IP Address , URI , HTTP headers and bodies

AWS Shield review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Recommended!"

What do you like best?

Our company has been using AWS not limited to managing and spinning up servers in the cloud but also utilizing their web security tools to protect our services from DDoS attacks and more. AWS is an all in one package!

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to dislike about their services

Security is one big issue as competitors and hackers woll do their best to get information out of your company. AWS protects us from these

AWS Shield review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Shield your network from attack with AWS"

What do you like best?

Gold standard enterprise class DDOS protection keeps hackers out. Pricing is clear and transparent.

What do you dislike?

As with most AWS billable services, you get what you pay for, but it's expensive.

Enterprise wide network security is an issue, particularly with mobile applications that I utilize data calls involving sensitive or personally identifying data. Shielding against DDOS and other malicious attacks is essential.

AWS Shield review by Parinda D.
Parinda D.

"AWS Shield"

What do you like best?

aws shield helps to protect against DDos attack.

What do you dislike?

the documentation is very comprehensive

protecting from any attacks

AWS Shield review by User in Computer Software

"Essential protection for businesses hosted on AWS"

What do you like best?

Elastic IPs helps keep apps secure and available at all times.

What do you dislike?

Best features are a part of Shield Advanced, not the Standard version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attack notifications could include greater details.

DDOS protection. Keeps the business online, prevents customers from being locked out.

AWS Shield review by User in Higher Education

"AWS shield : My analysis"

What do you like best?

AWS shield is like a saviour to the problem of DDos attacks.

What do you dislike?

The shield protection requires subscription. And it is very expensive.

Prevent DDos attacks in my IoT system

Learning about AWS Shield?

* We monitor all AWS Shield reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare AWS Shield to Similar Solutions