Amazon Kinesis Video Streams

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams makes it easy to securely stream video from connected devices to AWS for analytics, machine learning (ML), playback, and other processing. Kinesis Video Streams automatically provisions and elastically scales all the infrastructure needed to ingest streaming video data from millions of devices.

Work for Amazon Kinesis Video Streams?

Learning about Amazon Kinesis Video Streams?

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams Reviews

Showing 20 Amazon Kinesis Video Streams reviews
Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by Pamela M.
Pamela M.

"Great Job Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can re-play audiovisual content anytime I want in great quality. It helps us out a lot when we have conferences from our collegues around the world and we can still see them like if they were standing in front of us, everytime. It's very easy to use, it allows various devices to securely stream video, audio and data, making it an excellent work tool for various purposes.

What do you dislike?

We actually and honestly have not found any downsides, we've been thoroughly enjoying it and we definitely plan to keep using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it, it will help your company members get more involved.

My workplace offers lots of training conferences, since things are constantly changing, so technology like this helps us out a lot. Sometimes we get training from people all around the world and I feel like this kind of software can facilitate the process.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Amazon Kinesis Video Streams
Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by AJ V.
AJ V.

"Interesting New Software"

What do you like best?

We wanted to find a better way to stream conferences, talks, and anything we need to broadcast for student and staff activities and keep it centralized. We loved that it keeps everything organized and we are in control of the media that is presented to the staff, etc.

What do you dislike?

It took a bit of time to set-up and needed IT to complete the setup as it was not readily implementable from our HR end. Since it was new, we need additional time to understand the process, but it was easy with few hiccups since that time. However, the customer service behind this service desperately needs work. Simple questions were not terribly helpful, likely due to speaking with other countries when trying to resolve an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try, worth seeing if it can support your team. It is definitely a one-of-a-kind software that could realize a lot of benefits for streamlining media and reducing lag-time with media demonstrations.

We are still evaluating this new process for broadcasting and streaming, yet we have definitely streamlined this process and made board and staff meeting much more supported by technology and not relying on the staff in the room to ensure that it all goes smoothly.

What Other Video solution do you use?

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by Aimee S.
Aimee S.

"Easy to use streaming device for my home "

What do you like best?

What I find most helpful about Amazon Kinesis Video Streams is that it allows me to stream videos on all my devices such as the webcams in my home. It helps me also with the playback features so I can have the videos from my webcam stored securely. I was introduced to this software because it is being used at my work for video chats and I found it to be very effective and reliable.

What do you dislike?

The least helpful things about the software is that there is not really a tutorial to help if you have any questions about how to use it.

We use this software to do video chats with business partners that are out of state. We prefer this software over Skype because of all the features it offers

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by vikash y.
vikash y.

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

I discovered this after were the use of skype, and i will in no way transfer back. We use it to video chat at my organisation and it’s extremely good!

What do you dislike?

I used this carrier for one challenge and do not have a good deal to evaluate it against and therefore don't know many shortcomings.

One aspect for certain is that this has a a few accurate gaining knowledge of curve and on the grounds that that is incredibly new carrier,

you won't locate many blogs/ video tutorials

It offers to circulation vedios in an clean and efficient manner

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by Isabella B.
Isabella B.

"Amazon Kinesis Video Streams excellent interface for videos and comments."

What do you like best?

I like it a lot because it has an incredible interface

and it adapts very well according to my needs, I use it to chat for videos in the organization, allowing me to transmit videos in a secure way to AWS for analysis and automatic learning.

What do you dislike?

I loved it so much, I did not find any disadvantage, just that it is very difficult to get tutorial videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

that they acquire the product is very good and adapts very well according to the needs of the user allows storage, automatic learning, analysis, and other tools.

helped us a lot in transmitting videos safely to the AWS for breeding tasks

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Amazon Kinesis Video Streams is a fantastic solution for video/audio processing"

What do you like best?

AWS always managed to introduce new products that just make our lives easier. While working on a machine learning project, my team needed to ingest live data from multiple camera feed and do object detection. We didn't knew of any existing solution and would had to build one ourselves. With Amazon Kinesis Video Streams, we didn't have to do any of those.

It ingests video/audio/image data from multiple sources in real-time, hence it's scalable. We didn't run into any issues.

It allows to build real time batch processing applications, think of Amazon kinesis data streams and this works on the same level. With Amazon Kinesis Video Streams, our focus shifting in building the product rather than manage the infrastructure which we all know is tedious

What do you dislike?

I used this service for one project and don't have much to compare it against and hence don't know many shortcomings. One thing for sure is this has a some good learning curve and since this is relatively new service, you won't find many blogs/ video tutorials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would surely say to try this once and since this a pay as you go model there is no need of substantial investment.

We were trying to build a object detection task by ingesting data from multiple input sources

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by Kristen M.
Kristen M.

"Amazon is Amazing"

What do you like best?

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams are so easy to set up and they never seem to glitch or take a long time to load. You can store so much video on one platform that can be used from any device. My app can access and play this video so simply.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Amazon Kinesis Video can take a second or two longer than i would like to load videos.

We are able to stream the videos right from the app which is great, because Amazon allows us to own the videos and content.

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by Rosemary M.
Rosemary M.

"Makes class more entertaining"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that my students are able to access the video streams without my help because of how easy it is to use.

What do you dislike?

It is kind of a hassle because they do not have a variety of videos to choose from.

It makes my job so much easier because I taught the students once how to use the video stream and they can now use it without my help.

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by User

"Stream Securely from Many Devices"

What do you like best?

One can literally stream from a drone, a smartphone, a dash cam, etc. It's live and you can customize its retention. You also pay as you go.

What do you dislike?

Developing your own monitoring application is a bit complex. However, you do not have to use this feature as you can choose to have it monitored automatically in the console.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would advise playing around with it for a while before committing to it.

Its a serverless program, so there is no infrastructure to set up or manage. It happens automatically. So you can focus on the applications.

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by Sharad K.
Sharad K.

"nice for amazon product "

What do you like best?

easy to push stream videos to AWS for analytics and machine learning. Consist of real time Api.Also process the data in-memory.

What do you dislike?

Not that secure like other streaming tools. not much customer support. And Not suitable for Big Data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Storing big data, and should be more securable.

For straming live videos

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by Jurate B.
Jurate B.

"Streaming"

What do you like best?

It was very impressing the way you can connect different devices

What do you dislike?

might be complicated for person with not much knowledge how to connect devices

It is good when you have to communicate with support or marketing teams that far

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by maciel u.
maciel u.

"Amazon"

What do you like best?

I like how i can process big data in real time.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes dont like the lag time on some of my streaming.

I can collect data from. All of my sites and use it quickly

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Amazon doesn’t stop amazing me. "

What do you like best?

I found this after have been using Skype, and I will never switch back. We use it to video chat at my company and it’s amazing!

What do you dislike?

I don’t dislike anything after using this for 2 months now.

It allows everybody to be able to communicate all at once with no issues. The site is never down or having errors. We get to have conference calls connecting everybody with time to work instead of fixing issues.

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by Jewell R.
Jewell R.

"Amazon video"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of the video and quality of how it preforms

What do you dislike?

I do not currently have any dislikes but I am still trying to figure it out.

It helps connect everyone

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"I love amazon kinesis "

What do you like best?

The staff is so helpful. I was confused on how to set it up. They helped tremendously. The programs works very quick and effectively.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is tricky to set up and start using. But once you do it is great.

I am able to collect data easier. I have realized how much I needed a software like this.

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by Consultant

"Kinesis "

What do you like best?

Kinesis helped in video streams and I have used it at my company and we gave used it in various projects.

What do you dislike?

honestly, I didn't come across anything that I disliked.

sharing and streaming videos for our clients that we were having issues earlier have been resolved with this.

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by Consultant

"Amazon Kinesis Video Stream Review"

What do you like best?

The easy and quality of the video streaming. It has multiple capabilities that help process and make viewing exceptional

What do you dislike?

Amazon video streams needs more videos and data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product!

Love the live and on demand video streaming to get data and information up to date and instantly.

Amazon Kinesis Video Streams review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Nice"

What do you like best?

I lie that it's easy to understand and comprehend

What do you dislike?

How long it can take to load some times not the lag

Then ease of use, putting things in place band order easy to display the work.

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

This system is very easy to navigate and is user friendly

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this system. I like it a lot !

It provides to stream videos in an easy and efficient manner

"Amazon Kineses"

What do you like best?

easy to securely stream video from connected devices, good quality

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it lags, overall good quality

Use a variety of streams, however this one is easy to utilize and navigate.

Learning about Amazon Kinesis Video Streams?

* We monitor all Amazon Kinesis Video Streams reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.