Amazon GuardDuty

Amazon GuardDuty is a managed threat detection service that continuously monitors for malicious or unauthorized behavior to help you protect your AWS accounts and workloads.GuardDuty also detects potentially compromised instances or reconnaissance by attackers.

Work for Amazon GuardDuty?

Learning about Amazon GuardDuty?

Amazon GuardDuty Reviews

Showing 36 Amazon GuardDuty reviews
Amazon GuardDuty review by Matt P.
Matt P.

"Powerful tool that requires solid work from you to get the best results"

What do you like best?

I like that you can set it up in a single, master account and link it to all your child accounts. This makes the work you'll need to do to wring useful work out of GuardDuty much easier to swallow. The function as a combination of IDS and messaging service is also excellent, though again you will have to write the hooks into your system de jour.

What do you dislike?

Getting all the fiddly bits to work as you would expect is a long process. There are aspects to how GuardDuty stores data that are unintuitive (i.e. repeat alerts get the same timestamp as the first detection and not the current one, by default)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you want to get out of it. Be prepared to put time in after go-live in order to fine tune your implementation.

This helps us keep a high level, strategic view over 30+ accounts spread throughout our organization. Many are either white noise (which we have been reducing), or valid alerts that need no attention (i.e. a user logging in for the first time in months). Every so often though there is a real issue that this system detects, and that makes it all worthwhile.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Amazon GuardDuty
Amazon GuardDuty review by Scott B.
Scott B.

""" Great help for cybersecurity attacks."""

What do you like best?

Amazon GuardDuty is an item with inconceivable features that make it prepared to see already, in the midst of and after an advanced strike the measures that must be taken to go without revealing essentially more the damages made or to foresee them, that is the reason it clarifies me incredibly fascinating and to my getting a charge out of, it is also simple to use so it isn't vital to have a pro for its plan, its interface is good in just a few snaps it takes you to what you need, it is for such reasons that I see it as an exceptional preferred standpoint for the affirmation of associations similarly as their specialists and a high saving of money.

What do you dislike?

they ought to complete firewalls or essentially progressively genuine measures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the event that you have to ensure your AWS accounts I exceedingly suggest monitor obligation using Amazon GuardDuty.

Amazon GuardDuty since it keeps us protected from any hazard that can deliver mind boggling hurts in our servers and this is the methods by which we can be calm that our clients like our association are not introduced to advanced ambushes.

What Threat Intelligence solution do you use?

Amazon GuardDuty review by Harris L.
Harris L.

""" Great help for cybersecurity ambushes."""

What do you like best?

Amazon GuardDuty is an item with inconceivable features that make it prepared to see beforehand, in the midst of and after an advanced ambush the measures that must be taken to keep away from revealing fundamentally more the damages made or to envision them, that is the reason it clarifies me incredibly charming and to my getting a charge out of, it is furthermore simple to use so it isn't imperative to have a master for its course of action, its interface is not too bad in just a few snaps it takes you to what you need, it is for such reasons that I see it as a remarkable preferred standpoint for the affirmation of associations similarly as their specialists and a high saving of money.

What do you dislike?

Getting all the fiddly bits to function as you would expect is a long procedure. There are viewpoints to how GuardDuty stores information that are unintuitive (for example rehash cautions get the equivalent timestamp as the primary recognition and not the present one, as a matter of course)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reliably we are displayed to any peril delivered by the web or any subject that requirements to hurt close to nothing or broad associations, that is the reason I recommend Amazon GuardDuty in light of the way that it thwarts and ensures your business data already, in the midst of or after a catastrophe of these.

Our colossal association passes on a substantial number of records and different data reliably so it is essential that we are guaranteed against any peril and even more today that development isn't used for advantageous things, that is the reason we have realized Amazon GuardDuty since it keeps us protected from any hazard that can deliver unfathomable damages in our servers and this is the methods by which we can be tranquil that our clients like our association are not displayed to computerized ambushes.

Amazon GuardDuty review by Emma p.
Emma p.

"" Great help for cybersecurity assaults.""

What do you like best?

Amazon GuardDuty is a product with incredible highlights that make it ready to see previously, amid and after a digital assault the measures that must be taken to abstain from uncovering significantly more the harms created or to anticipate them, that is the reason it explains me amazingly intriguing and to my enjoying, it is additionally easy to utilize so it isn't important to have a specialist for its arrangement, its interface is decent in only a couple of snaps it takes you to what you need, it is for such reasons that I view it as an extraordinary advantage for the assurance of organizations just as their workers and a high sparing of cash.

What do you dislike?

Notwithstanding being so adaptable I would state that their solitary downside is that they should actualize firewalls or significantly more serious measures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consistently we are presented to any danger produced by the web or any subject that needs to hurt little or extensive organizations, that is the reason I suggest Amazon GuardDuty in light of the fact that it forestalls and protects your business information previously, amid or after a disaster of these.

Our huge organization conveys a large number of records and various information consistently so it is vital that we are ensured against any danger and all the more today that innovation isn't utilized for beneficial things, that is the reason we have chosen to actualize Amazon GuardDuty since it keeps us shielded from any risk that can produce incredible harms in our servers and this is the means by which we can be quiet that our customers like our organization are not presented to digital assaults.

Amazon GuardDuty review by Alfred M.
Alfred M.

"Amazon GuardDuty - threat identification in Amazon Web Services."

What do you like best?

The fact that GuardDuty continuously monitors network activity and account behaviour within the Web Services environment has been a plus for us. Additionally, GuardDuty works across multiple accounts and therefore lets us get actionable alerts that have been been aggregated from this accounts and in turn saving us time needed for analysing eventlog data from individual accounts.

What do you dislike?

Amazon GuardDuty has one downside especially if you are using it to manage many accounts. The price, especially for the South America's region quickly balloons. For us, that's the only thing we dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Amazon GuardDuty for protecting your aws accounts and workloads.

Getting actionable alerts in regards to threats against our accounts at AWS. We have benefitted much because GuardDuty alerts us incase of a threat against one of our AWS service and we are able to take action on time.

Amazon GuardDuty review by Dave C.
Dave C.

"Security tool that integrates into AWS Environment"

What do you like best?

Since it is fused With AWS, Visibility of advantages it incredible. setup is straightforward. They continue including new alerts, exercises, and distinctive features.

What do you dislike?

Not a great deal to hate yet rather getting all the fiddly bits to fill in as you would expect is a long strategy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an unprecedented thing not because of the features now, yet since where it will be taken and how it facilitates with your AWS condition right now. Acknowledge what you have to get consequently. Be set up to place time in after go-live in order to change your use.

Our AWS condition has some open standing up to goals. GuardDuty covers where we are commonly revealed. Once in a while anyway there is a primary issue that this structure perceives, and that makes everything invaluable.

Amazon GuardDuty review by Courtney S.
Courtney S.

"Amazing tool as it builds into your AWS Environment"

What do you like best?

Since it is incorporated With AWS, Visibility of benefits it great. setup is simple. They keep on including new cautions, activities, and different highlights.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to disdain but rather getting all the fiddly bits to fill in as you would expect is a long procedure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an extraordinary item not due to the highlights now, but since where it will be taken and how it coordinates with your AWS condition at the present time.

Realize what you need to receive in return. Be set up to place time in after go-live so as to tweak your usage.

Our AWS condition has some open confronting destinations. GuardDuty covers where we are generally uncovered. Occasionally however there is a main problem that this framework recognizes, and that makes everything advantageous.

Amazon GuardDuty review by Anamul I.
Anamul I.

"Amazon Guard Duty"

What do you like best?

I like that Amazon Guard Duty can be used to detect malicious and threatening activities on Amazon Web Services accounts. It is fairly easy to set up and use and automates its detection services. Compared to other detention monitoring services this one is fairly priced.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how Amazon is monopolizing web services, from hosting to even security. This is a prime example of how branding can uplift a product. There are many services like Amazon Guard Duty out there like Norton, but Amazon dominates simply because of its name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before utilizing this software shop the market and see how other services compare.

Amazon GuardDuty is used to detect malicious and unauthorized activity on Amazon's Web Services. It is a great feature for added security and protection.

Amazon GuardDuty review by Gabriel K.
Gabriel K.

"Uncompromise solution for AWS accounts"

What do you like best?

Easy one-click setup. Powerful protect solution. With that i really cant worry about my works. Good integration with AWS and Best price. And have good support to start use

What do you dislike?

I did not see any problems with this product. This is complete solution with good performance and toughtful

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Amazon cloud services, this is the best solution. Features are fully consistent with the price

I have realized good protect to my Amazon cloud and no have any ideas what to say more

Amazon GuardDuty review by User

"Overall GuardSafe is an amazing tool to manage threat detection and I would recommend it. "

What do you like best?

I liked how guardduty alerts findings that could be harmful and I am notified of any suspicious activity. This is an amazing feature and I now feel like my account is more secure thanks to guard duty. I also like how after I had this in my account my amount of trust went up immensely. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

What do you dislike?

I did not like how the intructions and AWS Cloud formation template were confusing to use. I was a little bit lost right off the bat with the way the instructions manual was formatted. I did not really understand how It was setting up a test environment for my AWS account and how it was configuring everything needed to run the scenario.

I noticed that this worked while managing an IT organization. My security engineer set up GuardDuty and in an account. I noticed that there was a threat and guardduty was able to detect the threat and notified me that there was in fact suspicious activity that needed to be detected and remediated. Although it was stressful that something fishy was going on I was happy to have GuardSafe.

Amazon GuardDuty review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Worth it because it is built into you AWS Environment, But it is nothing ground breaking"

What do you like best?

Since it is built INTO AWS, Visibility of assets it good. setup is easy, and it "just works". they continue to add new alerts, actions, and other features.

What do you dislike?

It is very simple. At best, right now it is a SIEM supplement. I would not rely only on GuardDuty for all Event Management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product not because of the features now, but because where it will be taken and how it integrates with your AWS environment right now.

We are a small company that can't budget for an Enterprise SIEM. Our AWS environment has some public facing sites. GuardDuty covers where we are most exposed.

Amazon GuardDuty review by Nung B.
Nung B.

"Guard Duty a No Brainer for Your AWS VPC"

What do you like best?

It is easy to enable and setup. It is not expensive. It is your secure eyes on your cloud.

What do you dislike?

I would like more graphs, charts, bells and whistles that other intrusion detection tools have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you're going to select another product, this one is a great tool to use in addition.

Intrusion and perimeter defense for our Virtual Private Clouds.

Amazon GuardDuty review by Nicole S.
Nicole S.

"Helpfulness "

What do you like best?

I like that it helps monitor all areas to protect products and you can multi task through all functions.

What do you dislike?

Every software has a blind spot or upgradeing needed for better experience. This looked to be a good software and the few that uses it likes it’s easy use and functions to navigate through features. A company could benefit from it and it save time .

Easy access monitoring to lower levels of any lose.

Amazon GuardDuty review by User

"Good price and user friendly "

What do you like best?

Just like all other Amazon products, this is easy to use and just runs in the background. It’s your basic threat protection software, so not much knowledge is needed to use/run it. Everything in the software is self explanatory for someone who knows the minimum basics about tech and computers.

What do you dislike?

There’s truly nothing to dislike. The price is good, especially compared to some other similar softwares out there that don’t do a good job of blocking malware.

Keeps my private business info safe. Just started a small business myself and didn’t realize how important it would be to have something like this until a friend recommended Amazon GuardDuty to me.

"Ehh... Unnecessary "

What do you like best?

I used Amazon GuardDuty when deploying a web server to AWS for a trial product. The thing I liked best was the setup. Immediately I felt 'SAFE.'

What do you dislike?

Honestly I never saw anything in my logs. Besides SSH logins to the machine. It possibly could be more effective at large scale when your on hackers maps, but for me I never hit that point and it didnt seem necessary to pay for.

Not solving any business related problems with GuardDuty. Initially tried out for a small project, but decided it would only be beneficial if I was a multi million dollar company where I constantly faced threats.

"Amazing Online Security"

What do you like best?

The fast work that the program provides for easy access to secure online monitoring and threat detection. I like the easy way of being able to not have to find the features in complicated places.

What do you dislike?

Dislike the long wait that occurs sometimes while waiting for one of the features to work. Such as when it's scanning for viruses that could corrupt m,y accounts, sometimes it'd take a while.

Business problems of needing protection for accounts and workloads for the accounting layouts. Benefits realized are that it easily manages a group of accounts instead of having workers be assigned to a specific account.

Amazon GuardDuty review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Malicious activity monitoring "

What do you like best?

It’s nice to get the alerts when suspicious activity is detected vs just having to find out later something has been happening

What do you dislike?

Like all detection software, it can be difficult to monitor it all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any kind of detection is better than none!

Less implications of fraudulent activity and quickly in the know when something isn’t right. Patient privacy is very important and knowing right away when something has been tampered with helps get it fixed quickly and continue to stay HIPPA compliant.

Amazon GuardDuty review by Hugh K.
Hugh K.

"Wonderful use out of Amazon Guard Duty"

What do you like best?

How it seamlessly blends cyber security with the Amazon product it's using.

What do you dislike?

Not much but I'm not much of a cyber security expert; more of a neophyte, so sometimes it can be a little unclear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great cyber-security tool.

Keeping our computers virus free.

Amazon GuardDuty review by User

"Powerful tool for devlopers"

What do you like best?

The best feature is that you can set up in a single master account and link to all for your children's account. Amazon GuradDuty iz continously monitors network activity and account behaviour with the web services environment has been a plus for us.

What do you dislike?

Amazon GuradDuty has downside especially if you are using it to manage many accounts. Also its overpriced.

We have many benefits because GuardDuty alerts us so quickly. Its covers where we are commonly reveled.

Amazon GuardDuty review by Administrator

"Great tool. Works wonders"

What do you like best?

This is the best threat intelligence tool I have seen in public cloud. With advanced detections like Bitcoin mining , Cryptocurrency this makes AWS stand out from rest of public cloud vendors

What do you dislike?

There should be more rules and I am sure this can be AWS answer to SIEM

We use it for automated notifications for port probing, bitcoin mining alerts. This is a great tool for anomoly detection in login behaviour of users

"Amazon security"

What do you like best?

Amazon GuardDuty has one master account and can support up to 100 member accounts that are linked to the master account. Note that the master account must invite -- and the member accounts must accept the invitation from the master account -- in order to link. (The GuardDuty master account should not be confused with other master accounts, like billing.)

What do you dislike?

Some time very slow performance which is the dislike

Security is very big benefits

Amazon GuardDuty review by Agency
Agency

"Guard duty review"

What do you like best?

It is an easy way for the company to protect AWS accounts. The alerts and notifications make it very easy. We were struggling to manage security prior to joining.

What do you dislike?

My company hasn’t mentioned any downsides yet. We switched over recently after realizing that it was too difficult to manage threats on our own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More efficient than self-managing

Not for business problems, more to manage the safety of our accounts with ease.

Amazon GuardDuty review by Jason S.
Jason S.

"the best"

What do you like best?

simple and easy to use. very direct! Try it for yourself!

What do you dislike?

there is nothing that i dislike about it

Recommendations to others considering the product

just try it out

amazon guardduty has helped solve many issues efficiently!

Amazon GuardDuty review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Amazon guard duty "

What do you like best?

How easy it was to navigate the amazon service

What do you dislike?

How the service can only be used in particular situations

I think when you know what to do with the amazon service- it works really well for its intended purpose- but it can also be confusing if you know how to use it or your purpose for using it doesn’t sync up with its abilities

Amazon GuardDuty review by User

"Very effective protection to your work space"

What do you like best?

It’s crucial when you have a platform like AWS to make sure users are confident in the security of their workspace. That is achieved which is the best thig abot this software.

What do you dislike?

There are too many details in explaining how and what this program does across your various uses on aws

Making sure me work is protected from online threats

"Comprehensive"

What do you like best?

I won't lie to you, because this was an Amazon product, we were skeptical. However, it was perfect because we were able to ccess all of or business info in one place.

What do you dislike?

It took us too long to fully navigate. Then, that could just be us.

We deal with a lot of strange websites and hackers. Amazon was great.

Amazon GuardDuty review by User in Higher Education

"Great threat detection service!"

What do you like best?

This service continuously monitors for malware, unauthorized behavior, and suspicion without bothering you with constant updates and interruptions. It is great to protect cloud products.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you can miss an alert or action needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product and worth testing out.

It helps control the integrity of your confidential work

Amazon GuardDuty review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Great product for any size company"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Even as a small startup, it is affordable. And it is scalable so as we grow, it can grow with us.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of at this time. The product has been working great for us.

Continuous monitoring of our AWS infrastructure.

Amazon GuardDuty review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Amazon guardduty"

What do you like best?

Does a good job of protecting my personal information and is not to expensive

What do you dislike?

I’m not very knowledgeable about tech stuff so I am unsure if this a good value compared to other similar products

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend

Monitors continuously to detect threats which offers peace of mind

Amazon GuardDuty review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Another rock star AWS product"

What do you like best?

Guard duty does a great job of making sure our aws accounts and apis are safe.

What do you dislike?

Nothing the only real complaint I have is the cost of it

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to protect your AWS accounts I highly recommend guard duty.

Protecting and securing our AWS accounts. This has made management a ton easier.

"Always there for me"

What do you like best?

the reliability is key to my everyday use of Amazon. It's functionality makes working fun.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to find what I'm looking for.

The efficiency has increased dramatically. It's ability to help me work faster has made each day for me easier.

"Amazon GuardDuty"

What do you like best?

Amazon GaurdDuty is a great product for consumers. It is intelligent and protects consumers against threats.

What do you dislike?

It is not convient to disable and sometimes it ver detects.

This product has been great at protecting our company accounts from potential threats.

"stopping threats"

What do you like best?

allows me to centralize threats on a single platform

What do you dislike?

So far we have not had any difficulties, very good documentation

allows us to monitor the threats in our marketplace project that we have with hospitals

"Threat detection aws"

What do you like best?

Protect our AWS accounts and workloads with intelligent threat detection and continuous monitoring

What do you dislike?

working properly as mentioned and good for application

"Amazing "

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly this service is

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far but when I find something I will definitely update my reviewed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I dont really have any it is a great product.

finance

Amazon GuardDuty review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"amazon guard duty "

What do you like best?

How it ran in back ground but didn’t use much space.

What do you dislike?

The price of the product was high compared to others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lower price

Keeping our files protected from spyware and malware

Learning about Amazon GuardDuty?

* We monitor all Amazon GuardDuty reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.