Amazon GuardDuty Reviews & Product Details

What is Amazon GuardDuty?

Amazon GuardDuty is a managed threat detection service that continuously monitors for malicious or unauthorized behavior to help you protect your AWS accounts and workloads.GuardDuty also detects potentially compromised instances or reconnaissance by attackers.

Amazon GuardDuty Profile Details

Amazon GuardDuty Profile Details

AWS
Description
By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
2006

1-25 of 51 total Amazon GuardDuty reviews

Amazon GuardDuty Reviews

1-25 of 51 total Amazon GuardDuty reviews
Software Developer

"Amazon GuardDuty is the best choice to protect your company!"

What do you like best?

There are many features that I like about Amazon GuardDuty, after all I consider it the best threat detector in the market today, this detector allows a comprehensive and timely identification of a wide variety of threats, reporting everything in a very practical and simple way.

This tool breaks many standards by allowing not only detect but also automate each of the responses to threats, reducing time for action before these. Features such as threat intelligence, automatic learning and own behavioral models make it the first option in security.

What do you dislike?

Regarding the functionality of this threat detector, in my opinion there are not many negative things. however one detail that we often miss is the user service, although this is usually a bit slow in its management, giving delays suggest lost in our work time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not wait any more and enter the world of Amazon GuardDuty, start working in the safest way, avoiding inconveniences and malicious IP. For this reason and more I recommend this awesome product of Amazon!

Amazon GuardDuty has allowed us to solve our security problems through the automation that this provides, so that by automating the responses to threats we have the ability to repair them and recover in less time thus avoiding losses in our estimated time of work.

On the other hand, its integral way of reporting each threat gives us all the necessary information from the attacker from its location to its IP address, which allows us to eradicate the problem in a faster and safer way.

Senior Software Engineer

"Adoro este increible servicio que ofrece Amazon!"

What do you like best?

Una de las funciones mas destacadas de Amazon GuardDuty es que proporciona una opción inteligente y rentable para la detección inmediata de amenazas en la nube de AWS.

Amazon GuardDuty también usa el aprendizaje automático, la detección de anomalías y la inteligencia integrada de amenazas para identificar y priorizar amenazas potenciales. Ya que que utilizamos GuardDuty en nuestra empresa podemos decir que nos sentimos realmente seguros ya que analiza miles de millones de eventos en múltiples fuentes de datos de AWS.

What do you dislike?

El servicio GuardDuty es tan completo que no tengo ninguna inconformidad sobre el funcionamiento de este producto, sin embargo, me gustaría que mejorara cada día y continuara brindando un servicio excelente.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Si necesita un servicio que mantenga seguros los datos de su empresa, creo que su mejor opción es probar este excelente servicio de Amazon.

Uno de los mayores retos que tuvimos en la empresa fue poder administrar varias cuentas, pero después de probar este servicio de Amazon, fue simplemente posible administrarlas todas. Con esta función de varias cuentas, puede agregar todos los hallazgos de las cuentas de miembros a una cuenta de administrador de GuardDuty. Esto permite que el equipo de seguridad administre todos los hallazgos de GuardDuty en toda la organización en una sola cuenta.

"If you need to be sure, Amazon GuardDuty is your best option."

What do you like best?

This threat detection service has been very useful in my company, what I like most about Amazon GuardDuty is that it is easy to use, its great capacity allows it to detect almost any type of activity, from cryptocurrency mining to actions that generate a weak point in our credentials. Amazon GuardDuty has not only threat intelligence but also automatic learning, which allows for constant update so that no threat can be overlooked, thus conferring security to our facilities and devices.

What do you dislike?

There is not something that can really seem negative to me from this threat detector, it has been an essential part of my tools to keep my work more secure and it has always shown its good quality, being always up-to-date with the technological updates over time, lending a integral service according to my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Amazon GuardDuty without thinking, it is an excellent tool with which any company should currently count. Use Amazon GuardDuty!!

Amazon GuardDuty benefits our company daily by allowing us to enable and manage several, so we can add all the findings of each of our accounts in the company to a single Amazon GuardDuty administrator account which allows our security team manage each of the findings in a single account, thus facilitating its integration into a system of events management in the company thus maintaining control in a more global way.

Software Application Developer at Cisco

"Sin duda el mejor producto de Amazon!"

What do you like best?

Llevamos algunos años utilizando este producto de Amazon para protegernos contra amenazas, incluso de detectar amenazas, con GuardDuty también es muy sencillo y facil automatizar las respuestas a las amenazas, lo que reduce los tiempos de reparación y recuperación.

What do you dislike?

No tengo ningun problema al utilizar este producto. Amazon GuardDuty es una plataforma tan solidad y funcional que muy dificil encontrar cosas negativas en el, pero, sin embargo, me gustaría que Amazon ofreciera un producto aún más fácil de usar, porque para algunos usuarios es difícil de entender.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Si deseas mejorar la seguridad de tu empresa, no lo dudes y prueba este estupendo producto de Amazon! Sin dudas Amazon es el numero uno!

Ademas Amazon GuardDuty es un producto relativamente economico en comparación con otros!

Los múltiples beneficios que hemos obtenido de Amazon GuardDuty para mantener nuestros datos protegidos, GuardDuty ofrece herramientas que proporcionan respuestas de seguridad automáticas a los hallazgos de seguridad.

Software Programmer

"I feel safe while I using this service!"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this service is that it has allowed us to continuously monitor our workloads in conjunction with AWS accounts, and GuardDuty is equipped with an excellent security system, which prevents possible threats and abnormalities. Amazon GuardDuty is a service that provides very specific alerts that are easy to integrate with workflow systems and management of existing events.

What do you dislike?

GuardDuty is a service that meets all the characteristics for which it was designed. In my experience with GuardDuty I can say that it has not failed me!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I simply recommend to give to Amazon GuardDuty the opportunity, as it has proven to be a reliable service.

Our Amazon GuardDuty company has provided many benefits, such as the ability to continually analyze cloud events in the AWS CloudTrail flow logs, Amazon's virtual private cloud, and domain name system logs to detect possible malicious activities. With this service we have been able to Increase our annual benefits and the security of our data!

Senior Software Engineering

"One of the best software to use!"

What do you like best?

Amazon GuardDuty has an extraordinary security system and one of the features that has fascinated me is that GuardDuty is the central administration at the enterprise level, which has given us the ability to enable and manage several accounts at once, with this feature, it is It is possible to add all findings from member accounts to a GuardDuty administrator account, this makes it possible for the security team to manage all of those GuardDuty findings in a single account.

What do you dislike?

When we started using Amazon GuardDuty we had doubts about its security system, but after testing it, we realized that it is a service with an excellent security system that will always protect us from possible threats.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GuardDuty has proven to be a high performance software, my only recommendation for those who want to try it is simply to do it!

Benefits and solved problems that we have obtained with the Amazon GuardDuty implementation, since it collects and delivers the security findings to the Administration Console in a JSON format, which allows an administrator or an automated workflow to act. In addition, the GuardDuty console and APIs maintain security findings for approximately 90 days.

Software Developer

"Awesome product that I like!"

What do you like best?

Our organization feels more comfortable using Amazon GuardDuty as a threat detection service that constantly monitors for malicious activity and unauthorized behavior to protect workloads and AWS accounts. I love this unique Amazon feature!

What do you dislike?

I cannot give negative opinions about this service, because GuardDuty allows us to be safe and comfortable because it uses information sources of threats, such as lists of IP addresses and malicious domains, and automatic learning to identify unexpected and potentially not allowed activities, as well as the malicious activity in your AWS environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I only know one thing, that when we decided to use this service in our company we had our doubts about its usefulness, but at this moment I have no doubts about how profitable and functional GuardDuty is.

Amazon GuardDuty has rid us of many problems in our company, as I mentioned earlier, we feel really safe when using this service. Amazon GuardDuty monitors in real time the behavior of access to the AWS account in search of signs of attack and this is a great benefit for us.

"Excellent software!"

What do you like best?

We have been using this service for a few years to protect against threats, but in addition to detecting threats, with GuardDuty it is also easy to automate responses to threats, which reduces repair and recovery times. Because GuardDuty can perform automated correction actions taking advantage of Amazon CloudWatch and AWS Lambda events.

What do you dislike?

Amazon GuardDuty is such a complete and versatile software that it is difficult to give negative opinions, but, nevertheless, I would like Amazon to offer an even easier product to use, because for some users it is difficult to understand, and it is necessary to pay for a trainer external.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simply if you want to provide your company with an optimal service like GuardDuty, do not hesitate because it is efficient and profitable.

The multiple benefits we have gained from Amazon GuardDuty to keep our data protected, GuardDuty offers the HTTPS API, the CLI tools and AWS CloudWatch Events to provide automatic security responses to security findings. For example, you can automate the response workflow using CloudWatch Events as the event source to activate an AWS Lambda function.

Principal DevOps Engineer

"Powerful tool that requires solid work from you to get the best results"

What do you like best?

I like that you can set it up in a single, master account and link it to all your child accounts. This makes the work you'll need to do to wring useful work out of GuardDuty much easier to swallow. The function as a combination of IDS and messaging service is also excellent, though again you will have to write the hooks into your system de jour.

What do you dislike?

Getting all the fiddly bits to work as you would expect is a long process. There are aspects to how GuardDuty stores data that are unintuitive (i.e. repeat alerts get the same timestamp as the first detection and not the current one, by default)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know what you want to get out of it. Be prepared to put time in after go-live in order to fine tune your implementation.

This helps us keep a high level, strategic view over 30+ accounts spread throughout our organization. Many are either white noise (which we have been reducing), or valid alerts that need no attention (i.e. a user logging in for the first time in months). Every so often though there is a real issue that this system detects, and that makes it all worthwhile.

Senior Software Engineering

"Easy and understandable is this product!"

What do you like best?

The most amazing aspect of Amazon GuardDuty is that it allows continuous monitoring and analysis of event data from workloads and AWS accounts found in AWS CloudTrail, VPC flow records, and DNS records.

Which is not necessary to implement or maintain infrastructure or additional security software. Because the AWS account association can incorporate threat detection instead of having to work individually on the accounts. On the other hand, you do not have to collect, analyze, or correlate large volumes of AWS data from multiple accounts. Therefore, you can focus on how to respond quickly, how to keep your organization protected and continue adjusting scales and innovating in the AWS cloud.

What do you dislike?

If I could describe any Amazon GuardDuty problem, I would, but GuardDuty is currently a high quality product that improves every day. I congratulate Amazon technical support as it offers great service!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Amazon has proven to be a reliable company and will always be growing and offering quality products, just as it does with GuardDuty!

We have tested GuardDuty in our organization and had the doubt that if our data was saved or managed, but Amazon GuarDuty does not manage or keep the records. All the data that GuardDuty incorporates is analyzed in real time and discarded.

This allows GuardDuty to be very efficient, cost-effective and reduce the risk of data retention. GuardDuty offers AWS monitoring and registration services, which offer complete retention and delivery options.

Software Developer

""" Great help for cybersecurity attacks."""

What do you like best?

Amazon GuardDuty is an item with inconceivable features that make it prepared to see already, in the midst of and after an advanced strike the measures that must be taken to go without revealing essentially more the damages made or to foresee them, that is the reason it clarifies me incredibly fascinating and to my getting a charge out of, it is also simple to use so it isn't vital to have a pro for its plan, its interface is good in just a few snaps it takes you to what you need, it is for such reasons that I see it as an exceptional preferred standpoint for the affirmation of associations similarly as their specialists and a high saving of money.

What do you dislike?

they ought to complete firewalls or essentially progressively genuine measures.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In the event that you have to ensure your AWS accounts I exceedingly suggest monitor obligation using Amazon GuardDuty.

Amazon GuardDuty since it keeps us protected from any hazard that can deliver mind boggling hurts in our servers and this is the methods by which we can be calm that our clients like our association are not introduced to advanced ambushes.

Software Engineer

""" Great help for cybersecurity ambushes."""

What do you like best?

Amazon GuardDuty is an item with inconceivable features that make it prepared to see beforehand, in the midst of and after an advanced ambush the measures that must be taken to keep away from revealing fundamentally more the damages made or to envision them, that is the reason it clarifies me incredibly charming and to my getting a charge out of, it is furthermore simple to use so it isn't imperative to have a master for its course of action, its interface is not too bad in just a few snaps it takes you to what you need, it is for such reasons that I see it as a remarkable preferred standpoint for the affirmation of associations similarly as their specialists and a high saving of money.

What do you dislike?

Getting all the fiddly bits to function as you would expect is a long procedure. There are viewpoints to how GuardDuty stores information that are unintuitive (for example rehash cautions get the equivalent timestamp as the primary recognition and not the present one, as a matter of course)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reliably we are displayed to any peril delivered by the web or any subject that requirements to hurt close to nothing or broad associations, that is the reason I recommend Amazon GuardDuty in light of the way that it thwarts and ensures your business data already, in the midst of or after a catastrophe of these.

Our colossal association passes on a substantial number of records and different data reliably so it is essential that we are guaranteed against any peril and even more today that development isn't used for advantageous things, that is the reason we have realized Amazon GuardDuty since it keeps us protected from any hazard that can deliver unfathomable damages in our servers and this is the methods by which we can be tranquil that our clients like our association are not displayed to computerized ambushes.

Computer Networking

"" Great help for cybersecurity assaults.""

What do you like best?

Amazon GuardDuty is a product with incredible highlights that make it ready to see previously, amid and after a digital assault the measures that must be taken to abstain from uncovering significantly more the harms created or to anticipate them, that is the reason it explains me amazingly intriguing and to my enjoying, it is additionally easy to utilize so it isn't important to have a specialist for its arrangement, its interface is decent in only a couple of snaps it takes you to what you need, it is for such reasons that I view it as an extraordinary advantage for the assurance of organizations just as their workers and a high sparing of cash.

What do you dislike?

Notwithstanding being so adaptable I would state that their solitary downside is that they should actualize firewalls or significantly more serious measures.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consistently we are presented to any danger produced by the web or any subject that needs to hurt little or extensive organizations, that is the reason I suggest Amazon GuardDuty in light of the fact that it forestalls and protects your business information previously, amid or after a disaster of these.

Our huge organization conveys a large number of records and various information consistently so it is vital that we are ensured against any danger and all the more today that innovation isn't utilized for beneficial things, that is the reason we have chosen to actualize Amazon GuardDuty since it keeps us shielded from any risk that can produce incredible harms in our servers and this is the means by which we can be quiet that our customers like our organization are not presented to digital assaults.

"Amazon GuardDuty - threat identification in Amazon Web Services."

What do you like best?

The fact that GuardDuty continuously monitors network activity and account behaviour within the Web Services environment has been a plus for us. Additionally, GuardDuty works across multiple accounts and therefore lets us get actionable alerts that have been been aggregated from this accounts and in turn saving us time needed for analysing eventlog data from individual accounts.

What do you dislike?

Amazon GuardDuty has one downside especially if you are using it to manage many accounts. The price, especially for the South America's region quickly balloons. For us, that's the only thing we dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Amazon GuardDuty for protecting your aws accounts and workloads.

Getting actionable alerts in regards to threats against our accounts at AWS. We have benefitted much because GuardDuty alerts us incase of a threat against one of our AWS service and we are able to take action on time.

Software Developer

"Security tool that integrates into AWS Environment"

What do you like best?

Since it is fused With AWS, Visibility of advantages it incredible. setup is straightforward. They continue including new alerts, exercises, and distinctive features.

What do you dislike?

Not a great deal to hate yet rather getting all the fiddly bits to fill in as you would expect is a long strategy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an unprecedented thing not because of the features now, yet since where it will be taken and how it facilitates with your AWS condition right now. Acknowledge what you have to get consequently. Be set up to place time in after go-live in order to change your use.

Our AWS condition has some open standing up to goals. GuardDuty covers where we are commonly revealed. Once in a while anyway there is a primary issue that this structure perceives, and that makes everything invaluable.

IT Specialist
Telecommunications

"Amazing tool as it builds into your AWS Environment"

What do you like best?

Since it is incorporated With AWS, Visibility of benefits it great. setup is simple. They keep on including new cautions, activities, and different highlights.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to disdain but rather getting all the fiddly bits to fill in as you would expect is a long procedure.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an extraordinary item not due to the highlights now, but since where it will be taken and how it coordinates with your AWS condition at the present time.

Realize what you need to receive in return. Be set up to place time in after go-live so as to tweak your usage.

Our AWS condition has some open confronting destinations. GuardDuty covers where we are generally uncovered. Occasionally however there is a main problem that this framework recognizes, and that makes everything advantageous.

Prep Chef

"Amazon Guard Duty"

What do you like best?

I like that Amazon Guard Duty can be used to detect malicious and threatening activities on Amazon Web Services accounts. It is fairly easy to set up and use and automates its detection services. Compared to other detention monitoring services this one is fairly priced.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how Amazon is monopolizing web services, from hosting to even security. This is a prime example of how branding can uplift a product. There are many services like Amazon Guard Duty out there like Norton, but Amazon dominates simply because of its name.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before utilizing this software shop the market and see how other services compare.

Amazon GuardDuty is used to detect malicious and unauthorized activity on Amazon's Web Services. It is a great feature for added security and protection.

C++ Developer
Printing
(Myself Only)

"Uncompromise solution for AWS accounts"

What do you like best?

Easy one-click setup. Powerful protect solution. With that i really cant worry about my works. Good integration with AWS and Best price. And have good support to start use

What do you dislike?

I did not see any problems with this product. This is complete solution with good performance and toughtful

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use Amazon cloud services, this is the best solution. Features are fully consistent with the price

I have realized good protect to my Amazon cloud and no have any ideas what to say more

"Overall GuardSafe is an amazing tool to manage threat detection and I would recommend it. "

What do you like best?

I liked how guardduty alerts findings that could be harmful and I am notified of any suspicious activity. This is an amazing feature and I now feel like my account is more secure thanks to guard duty. I also like how after I had this in my account my amount of trust went up immensely. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

What do you dislike?

I did not like how the intructions and AWS Cloud formation template were confusing to use. I was a little bit lost right off the bat with the way the instructions manual was formatted. I did not really understand how It was setting up a test environment for my AWS account and how it was configuring everything needed to run the scenario.

I noticed that this worked while managing an IT organization. My security engineer set up GuardDuty and in an account. I noticed that there was a threat and guardduty was able to detect the threat and notified me that there was in fact suspicious activity that needed to be detected and remediated. Although it was stressful that something fishy was going on I was happy to have GuardSafe.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Worth it because it is built into you AWS Environment, But it is nothing ground breaking"

What do you like best?

Since it is built INTO AWS, Visibility of assets it good. setup is easy, and it "just works". they continue to add new alerts, actions, and other features.

What do you dislike?

It is very simple. At best, right now it is a SIEM supplement. I would not rely only on GuardDuty for all Event Management.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great product not because of the features now, but because where it will be taken and how it integrates with your AWS environment right now.

We are a small company that can't budget for an Enterprise SIEM. Our AWS environment has some public facing sites. GuardDuty covers where we are most exposed.

Sr. DevOps Engineer

"Guard Duty a No Brainer for Your AWS VPC"

What do you like best?

It is easy to enable and setup. It is not expensive. It is your secure eyes on your cloud.

What do you dislike?

I would like more graphs, charts, bells and whistles that other intrusion detection tools have.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Even if you're going to select another product, this one is a great tool to use in addition.

Intrusion and perimeter defense for our Virtual Private Clouds.

Ms

"Great protection program! "

What do you like best?

It’s super simple to use, I always had trouble setting up other programs of figuring out how to get them to clean or notify me of a threat, it always confuses me. Not this one though! It’s been great

What do you dislike?

You have to have your Amazon account logged in, even on s secondary device, and that I don’t like.

Benefits, I’ve realized how much malware it’s actually protected me from. How many programs are unsafe, that I wouldn’t have known otherwise.

Operations
Airlines/Aviation
(10,001+ employees)

"Helpfulness "

What do you like best?

I like that it helps monitor all areas to protect products and you can multi task through all functions.

What do you dislike?

Every software has a blind spot or upgradeing needed for better experience. This looked to be a good software and the few that uses it likes it’s easy use and functions to navigate through features. A company could benefit from it and it save time .

Easy access monitoring to lower levels of any lose.

"Good price and user friendly "

What do you like best?

Just like all other Amazon products, this is easy to use and just runs in the background. It’s your basic threat protection software, so not much knowledge is needed to use/run it. Everything in the software is self explanatory for someone who knows the minimum basics about tech and computers.

What do you dislike?

There’s truly nothing to dislike. The price is good, especially compared to some other similar softwares out there that don’t do a good job of blocking malware.

Keeps my private business info safe. Just started a small business myself and didn’t realize how important it would be to have something like this until a friend recommended Amazon GuardDuty to me.

"Ehh... Unnecessary "

What do you like best?

I used Amazon GuardDuty when deploying a web server to AWS for a trial product. The thing I liked best was the setup. Immediately I felt 'SAFE.'

What do you dislike?

Honestly I never saw anything in my logs. Besides SSH logins to the machine. It possibly could be more effective at large scale when your on hackers maps, but for me I never hit that point and it didnt seem necessary to pay for.

Not solving any business related problems with GuardDuty. Initially tried out for a small project, but decided it would only be beneficial if I was a multi million dollar company where I constantly faced threats.

Amazon GuardDuty Features

8.3
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.5*
* Threat Intelligence Category
Do you work for Amazon GuardDuty?

Amazon GuardDuty Categories on G2