vMix

4.0

vMix is software that allows you to create professional quality productions on your own computer. vMix gives you the power to add multiple cameras, videos, images, audio, web streams, Powerpoint, titles, virtual sets, chroma key, and much more to your production. You are then able to display, record and live stream your production all at the same time!

Work for vMix?

Learning about vMix?

vMix Reviews

Showing 6 vMix reviews
vMix review by Brooke G.
Brooke G.

"vMix - simple & effective"

What do you like best?

vMix has been easy to use. The layout and workflow is adaptable to any team and area of work that involves live streaming. Set up was simple, and troubleshooting was simple. It is also way cheaper than lots of other resources out there. We use this for our non-profit, so that can tell you how affordable it is. We had a problem we needed to solve, and vMix was a direct answer. Many other companies tried to sell us, but vMix was the obvious choice. We used it for post-production services but then we discovered we could also live stream and switch as well!

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about vMix is the requirement of a video graphics card. This was not a problem for us, however it makes it harder to recommend to other non-profits that may not have the resources to purchase the needed components. This can be a major setback for organizations. Other than that, vMix has been great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its cheap and gets the job done - it's worth the try

We are using vMix to live stream our church services, worship/music times, and events. We live stream to multiple platforms. We solved a major quality issue by using vMix. We used to use just a mobile phone to stream. This limited us to only 1 angle and fairly bad audio (especially during live music). VMix has allowed us to hook up much higher grade cameras, switch angles, and even add graphics like our logo right on top. This has created an extremely better looking and sounding live stream for our audience.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about vMix
vMix review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"vMix Great for Performers and Presenters"

What do you like best?

You can literally have a person switch between preprogrammed shots during a live performance or presentation. The possibilities with this program are endless and bring the professional feel of video use in a live show to a whole new, user friendly level.

What do you dislike?

You will have to pay a much higher dollar to be able to work with 4K video, as I’m currently only using the HD version.

VMix brings my use of video to a much more professional looking level and requires the work of only one person to operate.

What Other Video solution do you use?

vMix review by Johnny  R.
Johnny R.

"Impressive video projection!"

What do you like best?

A lighter interface with a minuscule time waiting for the start. Easy to upload files to project and many formatting options. I used the time to deferred television channels and live the experience was rewarding. The new version supports 4K video with high stability. This program allows input capture video in real time without losing fluidity and image quality. It Contains 4 options overlay file over another. You have tool to remove archival holdings and thus use scenarios containing virtual to create a set in real time. I can record my program with excellent quality. Supports variety of formats such as: Videos (all formats), audio (all formats), pictures, PowerPoint, Flash, desktop capture, xaml. I can project my overlapping social networks with real-time updating. I can place up to four screens to have better control of my transmission.

What do you dislike?

I limited to only four channels overlap.It requires installation of codec packs to support all formats. Project requires many resources to live with high output formats such as 2K and 4K. The playlist tool does not allow add entire lists of files, you must add one by one each video you intend to project and that makes automatic programming times each hour.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool to show your project or your company a lot of people, this is your solution.It has a high degree of interaction between file formats. You can manage it from your mobile or tablet remotely, and has its own interface for each device you use.

Professional management of a television channel, screening schedules a terminal exchanging transport routes, videos, sliders information. Project presentations for business meetings with a high degree of acepatación for its modern way of interacting.

vMix review by Khursheed A.
Khursheed A.

"Best intuitive live streaming software"

What do you like best?

Easy handling, initial 2 months free trial, regularly updating, training videos, punctual and friendly response, reliability.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, even if I do and write to the forum to implement, it is done if enough vote justify them to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must for live streamers, Get initiated by "streaming idiots".

Live broadcasting.

vMix review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Live Streaming made Easy"

What do you like best?

I live the ability to see what is streaming, along with a separate feed for Audio

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to re-arrange the desktop to suite my particular setup and use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not much experience with anything else, but this software is very easy to use, once you have everything setup, and it works the way you want. Just click LAST and your settings are all carried over from the last use.

We just started Live Streaming and the response has been excellent.

vMix review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Trial use only."

What do you like best?

I like the layout style and unlimted layer structure of Wirecast.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to deactivate or turn off the Preview window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask them to make it so that you can deactivate or turn off the Preview window.

It handles a custom virtual studio reasonably but does not allow switching with the preview window deactivated.

Learning about vMix?

* We monitor all vMix reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.