Quorum Backup & Recovery Reviews & Product Details

Quorum Backup & Recovery Overview

What is Quorum Backup & Recovery?

Quorum® is the global leader in 1-click instant recovery, providing full immediate recovery of your critical systems after any storage, system or site failure. It does this by automatically maintaining up-to-date, ready-to-run virtual machine clones of your physical and virtual servers stored on a dedicated appliance – clones that will transparently take over for failed servers within minutes.

Quorum Backup & Recovery Details

onQ On-Site maintains up-to-date ready-to-run virtual machine clones of your critical systems that can run right on the appliance, transparently taking over for failed servers within minutes.

QuorumLabs
2008
San Jose, CA
@Quoruminc

Answer a few questions to help the Quorum Backup & Recovery community
Have you used Quorum Backup & Recovery before?

Quorum Backup & Recovery Reviews

Showing 5 Quorum Backup & Recovery reviews
Already have Quorum Backup & Recovery?
AA
What do you like best?

Simply put, this software does exactly what is designed to do. It delivers a backup and disaster recovery platform that works flawlessly. It is a turnkey solution that provides local and remote backup, file recovery, DR and archive that is managed in one, very easy to use interface. Configuration of the platform is a breeze. I have been using this platform for almost 10 years and it has never failed to do its job. Everyone at Quorum is super easy to work with from the account managers to the implementation team and the technical support staff. They were very thorough with pre-purchase discovery, making sure we got exactly what we needed. There was a lot of pre-deployment discussion concerning our environment and they were on top of every aspect of the initial deployment, even dispatching an onsite technician to assist. Any time we have had a technical or configuration issue, Quorum's tech support team is extremely responsive and they stick with the issue until it is resolved. I am running the platform on its own on-prem hardware that Quorum provided and preconfigured. This is in contrast to solutions I have used in the past that required me to provide hardware and configuration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have been in the IT industry for over 30 years and there are very few platforms that I do not have at least a small annoyance to complain about other than OnQ. I have been using it for almost 10 years and I have yet to find a single fault with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using OnQ for local file and application server backup and recovery as well as local disaster recovery. DR is delivered through virtual machines that we can spin up, on-demand. The platform also, automatically duplicates these features, as well, as a data archive vault at a remote site. This platform does the job that we needed multiple, disparate solutions to handle before. We also had a ransomware incident a few years back and OnQ saved the day. We were able to recover every file in just a few minutes. This cost savings on loss of productivity on this incident alone paid for the solution multiple times over. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Quorum, for the cost is a good solution. Quorum is able to execute on its promises.

This system has made onsite file level recovery a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some serious issues with the setup for Quorum in my opinion. While you use one appliance locally to backup to directly. There are SEVERAL other "nodes" that are created to run the solution. Between local addresses, and cloud services. We have roughly 3-4 servers for this solution.

The interface has a few issues as well. I have been told there are updates, but support doesn't "like" the new interface therefor we have not been updated.

The cloud DR has to be setup with a client VPN. I am not able to use a site to site firewall VPN to connect my organization to the cloud infrastructure.

Would like the ability to orchestrate a full DR test. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time looking at other solutions. If you can get a deal on Unitrends, that would be a solid option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have upgraded from Tape to Quorum, it has improved our backup times substantially. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Reliable and provides excellent HA and DR capabilities with no issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Clunky UI, limited restore options, and complicated performing bare metal restores. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure you know exactly what your needs and pain points are and make sure they can be addressed with a Quorum device. Most likely they will. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving HA and DR concerns as well as simple daily backups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AO
What do you like best?

Instant recovery of virtual servers, file recovery, easy to use interface. Customer service has always quickly fixed the small number of issues over the last year. Great price is as well for onsite and offsite backups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything works great no issues at all so far Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product, good price, good customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lowering backup costs, better solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AO
What do you like best?

Most backup products excel at capturing your data and holding on to it for a set period of time. They might even be good at recovering flat files, emails or databases. But no other product I have found protects your entire environment as well as Quorum does. It was designed from the ground up to create a runnable VM of every machine it protects.

Other products claim this capability, but they simply were not designed to do this. If you compare the technical specs (CPU, RAM, Disk) of other products against Quorum you will clearly see that while they have the disk capacity to ingest your data, they don't have enough "horsepower" to spread around to run more than 2 or 3 systems. In fact, when shopping for those systems, they sell them by disk capacity. Quorum on the other hand, takes disk into account, but also sizes the appliance based on RAM and CPU needs as well.

The appliance is well designed, well supported and it works exactly as advertised Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little simplistic for me personally. I'm a data junkie so I like knowing as much as possible about whats going on. The data itself is there and accessible, but not as accessible as I'd like.

It was initially very hard to believe it performed as advertised. Overcoming this skepticism was a major challenge for us, but in the end their claims were validated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It might be hard to swallow the marketing, but I can assure you it's the real deal. Unitrends in particular claims to have "instant recovery", but that is a feature tacked on to their backup appliance, not it's core focus (as in Quorum).

As I said before, compare the tech specs of comparably priced Unitrends and OnQ appliances and you'll be able to see the focus of each product. Storage for Unitrends, Storage, CPU and RAM for Quorum. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prior to Quorum, we would have struggled to recover one server. Now, after 4 full scale DR tests, we can recover our entire operation (30 servers) in 90 minutes (or less if we really had to). Our servers and data are fully protected, and we are confident we can run our network should our primary site go down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.