Photoshop Lightroom Reviews & Product Details

What is Photoshop Lightroom?

Photoshop Lightroom provides a comprehensive set of digital photography tools, from powerfully simple one-click adjustments to cutting-edge advanced controls.

Photoshop Lightroom Profile Details

Photoshop Lightroom Profile Details

Adobe
Description
Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) deals in digital media, digital marketing, and printing and publishing software with over 14,000 employees and $4.4 billion in revenue.
1982

CP
Most Recent Photoshop Lightroom Video Review
Freelance Graphic Designer
(Myself Only)

"Working with multiple photos is now more pleasant "

What do you like best?

After a great photo session, there comes one of the moments when you really have to put your creativity to work and put your skills as a photographer into practice. With Lightroom you can work with dozens of photographs in a user interface very fluid, where you can implement color corrections in several photographs at once, and contrast them side by side to achieve the balance of colors and lights you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like about Lightroom is that we are dealing with a completely new and renewed instance of Photoshop, but some of the options that you usually use in this one, are not available in Lightroom and you have to turn this situation around. And that's when you have to export the photographs individually and keep working with them in Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you work with photography and time is not your most abundant resource, you must use Lightroom to manage your time, and achieve impeccable and highly professional results that will impact your clients and, moreover, leave them satisfied and with the need to return to hire you.

It helps me a lot to have a tool to apply quick corrections to a multitude of photographs at once, which saves me a lot of time and makes a tedious task become fluid and systematic. I can export the photographs in different formats and sizes, and continue editing in Photoshop or other programs. I can create templates to repeat the effects that I have applied to other photo sessions, and this helps me to create a brand and style of my own in my work.

Graphic designer and professional photographer

" Lightroom a tool for the development of photographs"

What do you like best?

What I like about using Lightroom is that I can reveal the photographs from the RAW format of the camera and I can make adjustments to a photo session that have the same characteristics and apply the same filters so that they have the same settings simultaneously.

I can also organize the photographs by collection, by album and filter the photos with labels and place them by categories.

You can make interesting adjustments to the final finish of the photo in terms of color, temperature, white balance, exposure, enter other interesting filters to achieve a simple photo artistic and fabulous features.

What do you dislike?

One of the disadvantages of Lightroom is that if you do not know how to operate in the program's interface it can become complicated, you must have training in the use of it to know how to move in all the tools presented by the software.

The other disadvantage is that in order to have the product license, you need to pay a very expensive amount for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend the use of Lightroom when organizing and classifying photographs to have it in collections and not to be lost by date and by year of creation.

Freelance Graphic Designer
(Myself Only)

"Thanks to Lightroom I was able to develop my identity as a photographer. "

What do you like best?

When you embark on the great adventure of photography, you always have to start with the basics and go up to create your own style, your own perspective, your own play of light and shadow, and, in this time, your own set of filters that distinguish you from the rest.

All that and more you can do with Lightroom.

What I like most is the ease with which I can apply the color corrections I need to as many photographs as I need. When I finish a photo session in a particular location, I get a clear idea of what type of photographic filter or color correction I will have to apply, and if I have too many similar photos, I can create an assembly line that allows me to correct the levels RGB and the white balance of my photographs.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that, although essentially part of Photoshop, Lightroom lacks many of the photo retouching tools in Photoshop. I would like them to add the liquefying filter, since it would allow me to make more drastic corrections to my most demanding models.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a way to get the most out of your DSRL or Mirrorless camera, Lightroom is the program that can not be missing from your computer, because it will allow you to know the most important techniques in the photography industry. Honestly, you can not consider yourself a photographer at this time if you have not learned to master Lightroom.

In my work, it is essential to know what kind of color filters to apply to photographs, since it is part of your identity as a photographer. Many of my clients seek me especially for the color style that I apply to their photographs. So to create a reputation that attracts your customers, you need this tool to design your identity.

Another thing that allows me to do, is to save time, by creating a kind of routine, or rather a "photo montage line" that allows me to move from one photograph to another by applying a series of changes in a systematic way, which It is vital to make an intelligent use of my time.

Graphic designer
(Myself Only)

"Lightroom illuminated my workflow"

What do you like best?

Since I started using lightroom I discovered that I can be much more efficient when editing photographs than I had ever imagined before.

I can finish editing a photo session in just a couple of hours instead of spending a whole week with my previous workflow, when I used only Photoshop.

I love the ease with which I can work with a series of photographs and create a set of special effects or color corrections by using the Spot Removal tool or removing easily the red eye on old pictures using the Red Eye Correction Tools. I can apply color presets to several photographs with a couple of clicks without having to work on each of the photos one by one, I do this by using the special Curve presets and tweaking just the color channels I need for a specific session.

What do you dislike?

Something that I found difficult when I started using this program is that I thought it would be very similar to Photoshop, and I did not expect that it would be a completely different workflow and user interface. So it was a bit difficult for me to get used to its interface at the beginning because it was not intuitive at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you work as a freelancer photographer, lightroom is a mandatory program in your daily workflow. If you have not tried it yet, I have to tell you that you are wasting valuable hours of your time that you could save yourself if you used this great program.

I use Lightroom whenever I have a photo session in which all the photos are relatively similar so it saves me a lot of work time, especially when I can apply a layer of color corrections to all the photographs in the series at once.

Creative arts and Illustrator

"Professional Photo Editing"

What do you like best?

Photoshop Lightroom is an easy and straight forward software with a friendly interface that allows for easy editing of photos. It is comprised of advanced tweaks and features to enhance the image quality. The best thing about the software is that it gives users full autonomy which does not limit their creativity. It is also great based on its image processing abilities.

What do you dislike?

The main dislike is that it does not allow for advanced modifications which means that I have to rely on Photoshop to edit some of the Photos.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Photoshop Lightroom is guaranteed to meet all your professional photo editing needs. I recommend this for any photographer and designer.

Photoshop Lightroom is our primary photo editing tool. We deal with a lot of photo editing as part of our magazine design services at the company. The main benefit of using the software is it's great presets that can be applied to images on the reel. Additionally, it does not edit the original photo and created alternative presets to be saved by the user.

Freelancer
(Myself Only)

"Professional treatment of photographs in a very easy way"

What do you like best?

I love the ease to edit and work in the settings of the photographs I have taken in missions. Lightroom has a great variety of settings perfectly designed for the average photographer. I do not consider myself a consecrated professional photographer but thanks to Lightroom, my clients are very satisfied, and by the end of the day, these is what makes me feel like a professional with the ability to deliver the type of photographs that my clients want.

What do you dislike?

It lacks some of the tools I am used to work with in Photoshop like the Spot Healing Brush or the Clone Stamp Tool, so when I need these I have to export the images to Photoshop and then go back to Lightroom. They could add a small tool panel with some of these tools to optimize our workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are an amateur photographer and accept photoshoot work from time to time, Lightroom is an essential tool to achieve impressive visual effects that will satisfy your clients and grow your reputation as a professional.

Thanks to Lightroom I can edit a long session of photos in a systematic way, as if I will work on a assembly line, practically applying the same set of light and color connections to a whole series of photos. And if I have to make individual corrections in a photo, I can easily do it from the photographic reel. These software has saved me hundreds of hours of work.

Tira

"Photo Editing Software"

What do you like best?

I like that Adobe finally incorporating the photo editing tools from photoshop into a more integrated and organized software that is solely for photo editing. The ability to duplicate photo changes across an entire reel is the best part of the software. This is more effective for photos taken in similar settings and require the same adjustments. The tool also allows for advanced customizations and editing that recreates scenes based on one's preference.

What do you dislike?

The selection process of pictures to apply similar changes requires a keen eye. However, this is still better than having to edit pictures individually. It is also limited to some functionalities that can only be achieved on Photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Photoshop Lightroom is a must have tool for any photographer or design company. It is guaranteed to meet your photo editing needs.

Our company manages several fashion magazines. As a result, we deal with loads of images for editing. We primarily use Lightroom for this purpose. The main benefit of using lightroom is that it saves on time. Additionally, it is easy to use when compared to photoshop.

Graphic Designer and Photographer

"An excellent program to edit and organize your digital photographs. "

What do you like best?

A program specially designed to help professional photographers and amateurs, in the edition of digital photographs and post-production works, and also an image organizer, which helps to visualize, edit and manage digital photos, including copies of security on compact discs. It is a powerful, orderly and efficient workflow tool that allows you to tackle all the tasks of photographic production, from the import of images from the camera to the edition, to obtain the final product, whether you want to print it on paper, make publications on the web, a blog of photographs. With an intuitive interface full of many functions and options to make the best photographic projects.

What do you dislike?

It is a program with many advantages over other programs, I have not found disadvantages, it is very complete and does the work that is required and required, I can only recommend, have a computer with good storage capacity and speed performance, to work with Tranquility, when you have to edit large images and pictures and want to apply many settings, and have a good Internet connection for assistance and updates at any time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are passionate about digital photography but want to reveal your own photos, or store lots of photographs of your trips or favorite places, with friends or family and want your photos to be displayed and have great quality, then this program It is the best option you can have, because not only an edition of a photo, but also an organization of images or photographs. It could be said that there are several programs in a single interface, but it is a single one, it offers you all the power of a very complete editor, where we can then save, and organize all our photos and videos at the same time. You can buy it and install it from the web.

This program focuses on several steps to have an efficient and complete flow to work, from the import of photos, to the final export after an edition, supports file formats such as RAW, DNG, TIFF, JPG, etc. and is oriented towards improving the quality of digital photography in high resolutions, applying changes in white balance, improving tonalities, balancing color balance, eliminating red-eye effect, reducing noise, contrast balance, functions to straighten images, or conversion to black and white among others. It also allows a synchronization of the adjustments you make to an image, and apply them to a set of photographs that have similar characteristics to save time in the development of large amounts of photographs. It allows an organization of photographs based on location data thanks to GPS data. It provides tools and functions to create projections of images and videos, adding music, backgrounds and other effects. Automatic creation of photo galleries to have them in a blog on the web.

Graphic Designer
(10,001+ employees)

"Lightroom is the perfect tool to process digital photographs"

What do you like best?

One of the features that I like most about this software is that it is easy to use, its interface is quite intuitive and has innovative tools to achieve incredible effects. The structure of the program is designed to obtain a more efficient workflow, everything is saved automatically and the process of importing photos is quite simple. Another advantage that I can mention of this software is that when working by parameters, its edition works in a non-destructive way. In addition, it integrates seamlessly with photoshop and facilitates work with mass photos.

What do you dislike?

One of the negative aspects of this software is that it only serves to edit photographs, it does not offer tools to perform other graphic works. In addition, despite being a fairly complete software, it is not recommended to make photo retouching that requires a professional level.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend making use of smart collections, so that we do not have to access the library module frequently. I also recommend that at the end of the editing process we check the before and after, to make sure we have obtained the desired adjustment.

Our experience with this software has been good, we use it frequently to edit and organize photographs, it also serves as a database since it allows us to store and store a large number of photos and videos. Lightroom offers a good variety of tools that allow you to edit colors, density, sharpness and many other aspects of our photographs. It works very well, it has an adequate performance and does not occupy so much space in our devices when compared with other similar programs.

Director of Hospital Discharge

"Photo Editing Ease"

What do you like best?

Lightroom is very easy to use, from the moment the application opens, you feel comfortable. The layout is by far the most user-friendly and easiest to navigate. Adobe has put in a lot of great features as they continue to roll out new updates, including ease of access to presets. I love how available the community is to help me better understand this platform and utilize it to its fullest potential. Without youtube and online videos from Adobe, I don't think the transition to Lightroom would have been as easy.

What do you dislike?

There are certain tools that do not exist in Lightroom but only exist in photoshop. The ability to edit and have precise spot removal or clone stamping would be great. I often find myself battling with certain tools or having to revert to an older version to really utilize the platform because the newest update may not be working properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time and learn about the features. Watch a lot of youtube videos and online tutorials if needed. They will really help take your editing to the next level! If you are ever on the fence about something, keep in mind that the undo button exists for a reason. Lightroom and Adobe have made this program so easy to use, just get out there an learn the tools!

Lightroom allows me to enhance photos taken and make the photos ready for distribution or prepare them for photoshop.

Graphic Artist
Design

"Professional treatment and editing of image quality from a comfortable interface."

What do you like best?

I was surprised by its ability to edit and work on adjustments to the details of the image worked, the level of adjustment is very well calibrated so that the inexperienced user can know the usefulness of each tool, the simple edition is executed automatically on the rest of the images if the user so wishes, which seems to me an option that offers a lot of effectiveness and saves a lot of work time for an area in which I am not the most outstanding professional but that the software allows me to familiarize myself with the execution and implementation of correct form.

What do you dislike?

After having implementation time and experience in its execution I have noticed that there are tools and options that can improve and be easier to execute, the interface has certain complications that could minimize the work if they were corrected thinking about the intuitive user and without extensive knowledge technicians in the area of ​​graphical edition and correction of images in series and in an automated way.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Specifically created for a task that runs perfectly and covers the amateur user and the user with experience and professional specialization in the area of ​​graphic image editing, very useful and necessary for organizations and teams working in visual and graphic development.

I have always found it necessary to correct and review the images produced in my professional area, the software allows me to execute this task with extraordinary ease and with a very fast execution method that now gives me a lot of time and offers me a result that Without a doubt it improves the appearance of the intervened image, its use in my workspace is recurrent and frequent.

Photo Editor

"Reliable"

What do you like best?

Lightroom, especially the newer Lightroom CC, is user-friendly and very visually appealing. The application's layout is very organized and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

The application can be a little heavy to run, which puts some strain on my device. If left on, it can be a huge power-suck, but otherwise it isn't that much of an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a professional software to edit and manage photos, Lightroom is a wonderful software to look into. It is considered an industry standard for good reasons. The presets available to edit with are nice, there are a lot of lighting/color editing options, and the file management is great. In addition, with an Adobe account, you can set up a portfolio website and import your photos and their respective collections directly from Lightroom. It is also available as a mobile app, which makes my job easier, since I work on the go so often.

Lightroom is a very easy way for me to edit my photos for work. It is a very quick process and lets me do a lot of manipulation without looking overwhelming and being difficult to figure out.

UK & DE IT Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Efficient & Ease of Use "

What do you like best?

How easy it is to pick up and learn something new, changing my workflow to maximise my time.

What do you dislike?

The help and support isnt the best, i find using Youtube video demos much easier to follow. If i want to know how to use a function i go to youtube and look for the shortest video on that topic. This allows me to see the item in demo quickly allowing me to get back to what i want to do without having to read documents or search a knowledge base.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, its daunting at first but go through a beginners tutorial and before you know it you will be using most of the product without a thought!

Basic photo editing to bring out the best in what ive taken with teh camera plus the library to quickly and easily find the image im looking for out of the 1000's that i have.

Creative Arts Director

"Photo Adjustment Software"

What do you like best?

The easy and organized photo management is the best feature that the software offers. Also, the ability to make camera lens-like adjustments on the software is every photographer's dream come true. Additional features such as the easy layout and sharing options make it the best.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about the software. However, I believe that pricing options can be adjusted to suit small businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Photoshop Lightroom is a great tool that will offer you state-of-the-art adjustment options to meet your photo editing needs.

I mainly use Photoshop Lightroom to edit raw images. The key benefit of using the software is the ability to edit multiple photos at a go which is a great upgrade from relying on photoshop. An additional benefit is the ability to duplicate changes on all the photos on one's reel making the editing process simpler and faster.

Photographer

"beginner photography"

What do you like best?

Extremely simple and intuitive, the beginner in photography quickly treats your photos leaving a much more professional look.

It helps to keep your photos in order, and you can separate them into directories according to your taste.

It still has a powerful method of exporting photos that can be optimized for all kinds of purposes, such as social networks or album.

The workflow is very simple.

The great availability of available presets helps a lot in editing.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I dislike about Lightroom is the catalog. When you have a large photo collection like I do , Lightroom becomes a bit unstable at times.

And de export is very slow

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Produto extremamente robusto para a edição de fotos é altamente recomendavel para todos fotografos que desajam dar um tratamento profissional para suas fotografias

Edit product photos for ecommerce.

The main benefit is the speed of editing, and being able to do this in batch

Owner
(Myself Only)

"Streamlined photo editing for amateurs to pros. "

What do you like best?

Adobe Lightroom is the best large-quality photo editing software I've ever used. I'm a wedding photographer primarily and that can sometimes mean over 2,000 photos that I deliver to my clients. Being able to seamlessly import, edit, and then export with any settings that I desire is crucial to my workflow. I haven't found any program that competes with Lightroom's speed or efficiency. It's easy to customize your photos to exactly how you want them to look. There's nothing you can't tweak or make different.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Lightroom is the clone stamp tool. It doesn't compare to the capabilities you have with Photoshop in terms of getting rid of objects in photos. It does the job, sure, if you need something small to be removed, but for large scale things I prefer to edit in Photoshop and then import back to Lightroom.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My only advice is just to get it. It's a great program, Adobe has wonderful support, and it will save you time and frustration.

Lightroom has impacted my workflow IMMENSELY. I can now work quickly through my editing instead of it taking a few days at least. It's a significant time saver for me. It's likely that I can edit more than one shoot in a day because how much time it saves me!

Designer

"What else is there? "

What do you like best?

Lightroom is such a great app for editing photos. I have always appreciated its ability to tag, sort and organize as well, but the ability to create and add custom looks to individual or batches of photos is really where it shines. Also it seems with every release things just keep improving.

What do you dislike?

There are several modules within the app that I find completely unnecessary, so unless they make them more functional, I'd like the ability to just disable them and clean up my UX. There are also times when I think it is far more complicated to move and switch between libraries than it should be. So i think streamlining that aspect would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Figure out your best preferred method of managing your photos prior to importing your entire catalog. Then stick with it. It is far easier to sort and organize your photos as you go then to go back through years of photos.

Sorting, categorizing and editing batches of photos. Also exporting galleries and making the photos visible to others would be a problem lightroom handles really well. Archiving of older catalogs is also a great benefit of lightroom.

Sr. Experience Designer
Internet

"Excellent photo management tool with high end editing features."

What do you like best?

I like to maintain control of how my photo files are organized on my disks and LR lets me keep that organization. I do like that I can move files/folders around in LR and it will make the change on my disk as well. Keyboard shortcuts make it incredibly easy to switch views in LR and apply ratings.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could choose to have your entire library uploaded and available via the cloud, even if just for viewing, so I could show my photos on a TV, computer or other smart device. You currently have to create a collection of photos, and then you can sync that collection with the cloud to do this. I'd prefer it to be a setting I choose to automatically sync my full catalog.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Evaluate what Photoshop Ligtroom does in consideration of the monthly subscription you will pay to determine it's value. Adobe offers affordable plans for people interested in only Lightroom in addition to very useful (and free) companion apps on iPad and iPhone.

LR makes it easy for me to catalog my travel, landscape and family portrait photography, creating edits and applying keywording.

Graphic Designer
Religious Institutions

"Lightroom has changed the game for batch editing."

What do you like best?

Batch editing. Hands down. I love that I can make my own presets as I edit portrait sessions.This has helped me cut down my culling and editing process considerably over the past few years. What used to take hours of work and eye strain is now simple, and I'm forever grateful.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would change about Lightroom is the visual design. If they added light mode / dark mode option, it would be the icing on the cake. But honestly, other than that small tweak, I wouldn't change anything about the product. It's been a game changer for me and my business.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it. There's really not another program that compares. Its ease of use + constant improvements make it an invaluable asset for your business.

Lightroom allows me to edit photo sessions for clients in about a quarter of the time. I used to spend hours on one portrait session, and now I can breeze through simple sessions in about an hour. Lightroom has honestly given me my life back and has made my job a breeze.

Additionally, I'm able to package and sell my own Lightroom presets. Not only has this introduced a new stream of income for my business, but it has also expanded my reach to new potential clientele. I love being able to help other photographers dive into Lightroom by utilizing this feature. This has made Lightroom an invaluable asset for my business.

Owner/Photographer

"A photographer's dream"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love all of Lightroom. I work as a wedding photographer and do all of my editing within this software. It allows me to bring my photos to life and to complete a finished product that I'm really proud of. I love how much I am able to achieve in Lightroom. From color correction to shadow play to enhancing pupils, Lightroom covers it all.

What do you dislike?

The only improvement I would like to see in Lightroom is within airbrushing and object removal. I find that these tools often fall short in achieving what I'm after. Both tools could benefit from being more sophisticated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For any new photographer out there or someone who has switched softwares, Lightroom is an incredible source that will instrumental in your development as an artist.

Absolutely everything! Without Lightroom, I would not be able to put my artistic stamp on my work. It makes me photos feel finished, unique, and completely my own. It also has allowed consistency and a sort of brand to my photos in that I've been able to create presets and saved edits for future use.

Marketing Specialist
Consumer Goods
(Myself Only)

"Great App for Batch editing jobs"

What do you like best?

Adobe lightroom helps me deal with my library full of images for edit. It makes it easier to handle such a huge sum of images and make the job fast! I love that I can manage and handle a large image library all at once. Also, all its adjustments are non-destructive so your original file stays unaffected! The best is that I can copy my adjustments, enhancement or repair and apply them to the other photos instead of editing each photo individually which it fast, efficient and powerful.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that in order to import photos I have to create a new folder every single time which also consumes space on my pc because it duplicates it. In other to time consuming especially if you need to do edits in a quick manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When looking for the full features of Adobe Lightroom, I would really recommend getting the whole Adobe CC suite.

Alongside being a marketer, I manage social media accounts and also some products will need some touching for different brands in the home accessories industry, adobe Photoshop Lightroom comes in handy whenever I need quality photos for our brands. It has really sets the accounts that I manage apart from its competitors because the standards of our images are clearly different and just a lot more professional-looking. Adobe Lightroom inventories enable me to rapidly and productively split up by various criteria. It accelerates the procedure and shields me from utilizing just organizers and records in my discoverer.

Senior Graphic Designer

"Great for editing batches!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can manage a large image library. I have the ability to work with a large number of photos quickly and apply basic edits like photo enhancement or repair, it’s fast, efficient and powerful. Also, all its adjustments are non-destructive so your original file stays unaffected! The best is that I can copy my adjustments and apply them to the other photos instead of editing each photo individually.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that in order to import photos I have to create a new folder every single time. It's time consuming especially if you need to do edits in a quick manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering purchasing Lightroom, I would recommend also getting the Adobe CC suite. Lightroom lacks features in photo editing that you would need to do advance editing. It's really easy to use and get familiar with. Definitely use it in conjunction with photoshop to get the best quality edit.

The software allows me to edit large batches in a fast and efficient way. It's streamlined the editing process for me.

Owner
(Myself Only)

"Better than any filtering app you may use"

What do you like best?

The consistent experience across all Adobe Products. How good automatic adjustments work, such as white balance, contrast, brightness. They put you very close to an ideal state and then lets you modify them at will. Once you learn to use it, it is a very powerful tool.In general the learning curve is steep but its due to the professional nature of it.

What do you dislike?

The pricing model of the Adobe suite. Now you have to pay subscription and there is no option of permanent license. If you don't come from using other Adobe products, you will have a steep learning curve. Collection management is a little bit complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the best product for its field. Better if you combine it with other Adobe solutions.

Handling RAW files in general, light retouching and general developing of pictures.