PhotoShelter

3.7

Exceptional tools that simplify how you take care of business, from upload to sales.

Work for PhotoShelter?

Learning about PhotoShelter?

PhotoShelter Reviews

Showing 18 PhotoShelter reviews
PhotoShelter review by Antonin G.
Antonin G.

"Your photos, highlighted and accessible."

What do you like best?

Photoshelter is really easy to handle.

His main functions are the storage of photos and websites but it does not stop there, on the contrary. Many resources such as guides are available to help both novices and amateurs learn. The user interface of it is very orderly, to find our photos in the blink of an eye with tags and folders. Allowing huge time savings! It's also very rewarding to be able to find all your photos in one place and to access them everywhere (IOS and Android compatibility).

What do you dislike?

Photoshelter unfortunately does not allow the addition of videos and takes a monstrous time to upload the images. Photoshelter is also quite expensive for non-professional photographers, adding more specific payment plans could solve this problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photoshelter offers many solutions for a photographer who wants to know and share photos concisely. This allows to increase its visibility thanks to many very professional guides from each other. If you are hesitant to take a monthly subscription at home, you can always take the trial version and make your own opinion about the product.

Photoshelter gave us greater visibility and allowed us great time savings, especially thanks to the ability to send the retouched photos directly to Photoshelter. The ability to flexibly sell photos to customers and manage the price and discounts with a responsive website has allowed us to make long-term profits and get closer to our customers.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about PhotoShelter
PhotoShelter review by Deanna T.
Deanna T.

"User friendly and consistent online library for files"

What do you like best?

I like that all marketing files (images, pamphlets and brochures) are cataloged in this program. Files are easily accessible, searchable and downloadable. Out large company with many locations throughout the US and Canada can have uniformity in our marketing and other files/materials. The files in the library cannot be altered, unlike a messy Google Drive or shared Google Docs.

What do you dislike?

I can never remember my password, and resetting it takes a long time. This hassle causes me to not log in and access material as often as I should, which may make it a bit if a wasted asset and effort on the part of our Marketing Dept. For me as an office manager and not in marketing/graphic design, the amount and types of downloading options can be overwhelming. But better too much than too little.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an easy way to share files, and to me a better way to disseminate standardized files that shouldn't be edited. Much cleaner than Google Drive, which was how we previously shared documents.

Consistency in branding and messaging is key for our company’s marketing objectives, and Photoshelter is a great way for our offices throughout the country to all access the same materials. The library is easy to access and aesthetically pleasing. The amount of downloading options is great at best, overwhelming at worst.

What Other Vertical Industry solution do you use?

PhotoShelter review by Mattias H.
Mattias H.

"As good for novices as for amateurs."

What do you like best?

Photoshelter is very simple to use right from the start, even if one of its main functions is the storage of photos and websites, it does not stop there!

Photoshelter provided to all members of guides and webinars for free to help us get started in sales, where we do not succeed all the time alone.

Another peculiarity that makes me continue to use Photoshelter is the live update of the work done on my site. The interface is more than perfect, it is easy to find archived photos, there are also many photo editing functions.

What do you dislike?

Photoshelter does not allow the addition of videos, and the uploading of images is really very long, just like the preview, which is quite slow.

Also, in terms of sales for customers, press or others, there is an interest only if your work interests American customers because Photoshelter is mainly used by customers

and photographers from the United States.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photoshelter offre beaucoup de solutions pour un photographe qui souhaite se faire connaitre.

Si vous hésitez a prendre un abonnement mensuel chez eux, vous pouvez toujours prendre la version d'essai et vous forger votre propre avis sur le produit.

Thanks to Photoshelter, I was able to upload my images to the cloud so I could recover them when I wanted them and I wanted them without problems. Also there is no upload size limitation so I can almost upload huge pictures to the cloud storage without having to reformat or resize my pictures. The platform also makes it easy for us to share with the public, or The platform also offers an automated print and product fulfillment process, plus watermark functionality to protect photographs.

PhotoShelter review by Donald D.
Donald D.

"Good for Photo and Video Storage"

What do you like best?

I like PhotoShelter because it provides a good platform to upload and store all your photos and videos while also allowing easy access to them. You can easily arrange your photos and videos in different organization methods to help find them more easily. PhotoShelter allows you to upload a very large amount of files you you will have a lot of space to store stuff. The customization of the layout also makes it really easy to find things fast.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how it can take a long time to upload multiple files at once. I also do not like how the preview of the file takes a long time to load. PhotoShelter is also very expensive for what it does. It is a file storage aimed towards images and videos. The customization and ease of use is nice but the price gets in the way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a software that is really user friendly and has a lot of customization to offer when you are trying to store your photos and videos, then PhotoShelter might work well for you. The price is a little high for just a file storage software so I just depends on the user. There are other softwares out that do the same for less money.

I use PhotoShelter to store images and videos at work. I have benefited by having all my files easily accessible and easy to find without much trouble.

PhotoShelter review by Darwin A.
Darwin A.

"One of the best photography website builder platforms"

What do you like best?

In addition to many advanced tools that cater to professional photographers, PhotoShelter provides valuable information to those who work in photograph-related ares. There are a lot of helpful materials, including market research, free photography guides, and some of interviews that let its users get insight from successful professionals.

What do you dislike?

A bit more expensive than some of the other options. Compared to some of other similar photography website builders in the industry, such as SmugMug, PhotoShelter's pricing plan are a bit on the expensive side. If you are looking for less-pricey service for non-professional users, PhotoShelter may not be your perfect choice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not sure yet whether PhotoShelter is the perfect choice for you, you should note that Photoshelter is currently offering a risk-free 14 day trial. You can try any one of their services, completely free of charge.

PhotoShelter offers tons of In-depth commerce features that helped us broaden business' horizons, allowing us sell products, downloads, and licenses on its platform. With PhotoShelter, we were able to setup my eCommerce site with many options and it opened up a lot of opportunities because it helped us find a lot of new customers across the globe.

PhotoShelter review by Ana S.
Ana S.

"Your photos stored in the cloud safely and accessible"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to upload a massive amount of photos and videos.

It is easy to navigate in the interface, easy to enter and locate archived photos or videos, with just a few clicks, I can customize the way we archive our photos, also has customizable designs to do the image editing

What do you dislike?

The fact that preview images take a while to load is a little tedious

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photoshelter has an excellent navigation structure where you can share and present images in an organized format

The images and videos are stored securely in the cloud and can be accessed from anywhere when required

When you need to promote any institution event or marketing, you can instantly post photos on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter

"Good for a Novice"

What do you like best?

Photoshelter provides simple website and photo storage solutions, and it's really easy to use off the bat. While people think that this is all that Photoshelter does, I think the best thing for me has been the free resources they provide. Even as a non-member, Photoshelter has great guides (e.g. - A Guide to Getting a Photo Rep) that photographers can access for no charge. In addition, they have a fantastic blog that in my opinion is one of the best resources out there for working photographers. I realize that these aren't the initial benefits you'd expect from a photo storage/site building platform, but for me these added perks were better than the main component offered.

What do you dislike?

Though the storage is useful, I do think that other platforms fit my needs better as a photographer who doesn't really do many physical sales (like prints). I think that Photoshelter would benefit from being a bit more customizable. I'm very particular about my portfolio site, and I like to have control beyond what Photoshelter provides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it if you are looking for an easy way to get your portfolio site up and running. Don't forget to read the guides!

Photo storage and organization is currently the biggest benefit. A regular client of mine uses Photoshelter to organize all of our photo sets, and it's a good reference for both of us. Another huge benefit is the free downloadable guides.

PhotoShelter review by Administrator

"Photoshelter is useful for hosting and sending image galleries to clients."

What do you like best?

I like the shareability of the galleries you can build in Libris.

What do you dislike?

Photoshelter does not host videos, and it takes a very long time to upload images. It is also not very intuitive when it comes to tagging photos with metadata.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend making the interface more user-friendly in terms of tagging photos and adding metadata. I would also recommend incorporating video content hosting to your system. Also, the limit on the amount of data is also frustrating– we aren't able to upload all the photos we want, and it is expensive to add more.

We are solving distribution of photo assets with our clients. Before, we would send images via WeTransfer, but links would expire and emails would get lost. Now, we can give permanent access to galleries to whoever we chose.

"LIFE SAVER"

What do you like best?

PhotoShelter allows you to easily organize photos and then it is super easy to find them. With tags, folders and more, it has saved a ton of time when searching for photos.

What do you dislike?

I wish the photos would automatically organize in chronological order and alphabetical order. It would be nice to switch back and forth on the front of the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT! It will save you time and your photos will be SO organized.

We're able to sell photos, which is something we haven't been able to do in the past. We're also able to send links to certain departments and organizations allowing them to download their photos. It is much faster and more organize than doing it on DropBox.

PhotoShelter review by User in Financial Services

"Perfect for Upcoming Photogs/Art Enthusiasts"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to archive photos in different albums, an unlimited storage of files, as well as the ability for photographers to showcase their beautiful work and attract new clientele and inquiries. This allows them to further establish and grow their photography business. It is also very convenient to be able to retrieve your photos all in one place, easily, on the go, through the app.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that there aren't many different templates to choose from when designing your personal website through their site. It can also be a bit time-consuming for a new-user to learn all of what this app has to offer, and to go through a tutorial learning how to use this application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Photographers can profit by using this application/website by listing their photographs and work for sale. This application also includes a feature to batch metadata, as well as a unique functionality to append or replace. You can also assign access to specific users in which you have given authority to.

This is perfect for managing client orders, as photographers can sell their prints, downloads, photo-packages, etc. The other added benefits is that it gives you the option to watermark your images. This application is also affiliated with Paypal, etc, allowing the photographer to get paid.

PhotoShelter review by User

"Easy To Use, Well Designed and Full Featured Photographer Website/Portfolio Site"

What do you like best?

Fast uploads, easy to use admin interface, Lightroom plugin to upload photos directly to Photoshelter, tagging features and client download/purchase system, all well thought out and work extremely well. Actually, like most everything about the system. It has met my needs for a professional photography portfolio website as well as a method to distribute (and sell) digital photos to clients and of events.

What do you dislike?

More flexibility in designing my Photoshelter website, would like to add additional pages with free form design. Would like the ability to customize the site more, it's ok now, but more customization features and more website templates would be very helpful and welcome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend trying the system out to see how you like it. If you like the way it looks, you'll confirm whether you like how it works throughout the trial. Upload a few different shoots, tag them, customize them and see how they look in the admin and how they look to clients. This way you can make an informed decision.

Three specifically: 1- a photography portfolio website 2- a way to provide clients ability to purchase or download digital images with flexibility in pricing and coupons 3- a way to promote the photography business and keep a portfolio updated at the same time. All three have been very helpful and why I chose Photoshelter over other systems to keep everything on one system and simple and straightforward as possible.

PhotoShelter review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"Storage, sale, and presentation of photography"

What do you like best?

Dedicated high res digital image storage with functionality for display and sharing that goes beyond Dropbox, even if your goal is not sales.

What do you dislike?

Web service is a slow process with uploads, reliant on upload speeds being high. Site builder templates are limited, no video. Only integration of Vimeo and Instagram for external video storage and playback. No Live Photos display.

Quick professional client viewing galleries that require zero knowledge of coding or web design on the part of the photographer.

PhotoShelter review by Gustavo J.
Gustavo J.

"photoshelter Fan"

What do you like best?

live updating while I work on my website

What do you dislike?

no drag and drop tools make it hard to do a more organic design

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good price for unlimited storage plus somewhat easy to use tools for building your own site. The site looks good on any platform

website presence and photo storage

PhotoShelter review by User in Higher Education

"Best Software for professional and amateur photographers who want to share their work with the world"

What do you like best?

Lots of helpful materials for beginners, amazing quality and customizable templates, eCommerce features and topped with a 14 day free trial that lets you test out before actually buying it ( which you'll definitly end up doing after exploring how amazing Photo Shelter is )

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is the limited cloud storage available, especially for professional photographers

The eCommerce solution allows me to set up an online shop with an integrated shopping cart made EXCLUSIVELY for photography, it lets me accept orders in 23 global currencies and the ability to ship WORLDWIDE. I love the fact that I can watermark my photographs to protect them from being stolen

PhotoShelter review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"Solid"

What do you like best?

This is a solid website for sharing photography with friends and clients.

What do you dislike?

It is a little too basic for me. It has not become as modern as Zenfolio or Smugmug.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out other options for photography also...Photoshelter was a little too generic for me.

It provides me a chance to sell my photography to clients.

PhotoShelter review by Lori W.
Lori W.

"So much potential, feels like the company abandoned development. "

What do you like best?

Beautiful site layouts and ease of use for front and back end

What do you dislike?

lack of innovation and price point. Few upgrades in the 7 years I was with them.

advertising, showcasing my portfolio and seo

PhotoShelter review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"PhotoShelter unlimited storage is great!"

What do you like best?

Unlimited photo storage as well as available professional help.

What do you dislike?

Everything has been good in my experience so far.

Web-based photo access for all staff who need to get to that database.

PhotoShelter review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"PhotoShelter makes sharing galleries with clients very easy!"

What do you like best?

I can send a link to clients to view and download images. I can also manage the galleries to have passwords, not allow downloads and monitor the emails that can view the photos.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about PhotoShelter at this time.

Making photography easy access to clients for viewing and downloading or proofing before prints are made.

Learning about PhotoShelter?

* We monitor all PhotoShelter reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.